It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Hole in Russia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StumpDrummer
I wonder if this is the deep underground bunker over there that ive heard of...does anybody know the location of that bunker?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Mount Yamantau
Sorry, I'm not good enough with these maps to find if the two are related.
A military bunker would be my first guess as well though.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

I wonder if this is the deep underground bunker over there that ive heard of...does anybody know the location of that bunker?

Mount Yamantau

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

From that link

Mount Yamantaw is near one of Russia's last remaining nuclear labs, Chelyabinsk-70, raising speculation that it already houses nuclear weapons. Russian newspapers reported in 1996 that it is a part of the "Dead Hand" nuclear retaliatory command structure.

Same place where that meteor hit, chelyabinsk. Concidence??

Too many concidences lately... This thread was even started before the meteor hit or was even known about.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Best thing to do to really figure out what it is, is to try and go there yourself. Although if it is indeed something secret, it probably wouldn't be easy to get to.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk
reply to post by rimjaja

Theories I have seen on numerous websites run the gamut of possibilities. Everything from 'nothing at all' to 'something of worldly epic proportion', hence my undying desire to find out what, exactly the explanation is.

Looks odd certainly. looks some sort of gateway to the underground or
speculating wildly to the hollow earth.
Best is to ask some1 from russia

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Blurring or black out areas are common, I have a mystery black out and I feel the same way about it as this OP does for his post. Sorry if I'm off topic, but blurring of images seems to be the norm for those powers that be morons.
I want to know why in Google Sky the infrared image zoomed out has blacked out shards pointing to the LMG and then the big one why is the octagonal shadow blocking the view for what our south pole is pointing to? When you toggle infrared it shows a circle of stars that appear to be in a tunnel. Lacking the words to describe this.

After thinking on this for a couple of years, my best guess is it is a view of a black hole. LOL No really I'm leaning towards it being the reason for earth's Precession of the Equinoxes.

Just saying there is no reason for that area to be covered up, and then have the black shards pointing to a menacing cloud of Nova explosion gases. Then add the recent news of a possible black hole in the LMG.

This area needs attention

link to NASA's Gas bullet:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Now and again. Blurred. Vaseline on the satellite space lens. What don't the Russians want us to see? This is found. And so soon the meteor hits. Tunguska Redux?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk
You can't see enough to recognize anything, but there's definitely something there.

edit - looks like my image got truncated or auto-cropped, but you can still see what I'm talking about

edit on 2/14/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: edit comment

I guess there is valid imagery data after all.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I have found this page: www.thelivingmoon.com... where about halfway down the page, you can see photo's on site. It's an obsoleted ICBM site. The missile trucks, towers, missile loading tubes, etc. are all still there.

Base03.jpg from linked site above.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Mount Yamantaw is near one of Russia's last remaining nuclear labs, Chelyabinsk-70, raising speculation that it already houses nuclear weapons. Russian newspapers reported in 1996 that it is a part of the "Dead Hand" nuclear retaliatory command structure.

Same place where that meteor hit, chelyabinsk. Concidence??

Too many concidences lately... This thread was even started before the meteor hit or was even known about.

Foreknowledge the impact site....? Crazy possibility.

A forum regular should shoot over to add this info and thread link to the existing meteor threads.

It's been interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There are reportedly gold and oil mines in that area though chances are it could be military, some speculate owned by the US.

www.ratestogo.com...

The government is, naturally, concerned about such a large closed military town and such secretive action. While the government insists the site is being used most likely as a bunker, the facts about the region don’t lie. Mount Yamantaw is located suspiciously close to Chelyabinsk-70, the last known nuclear lab in the country. The proximity of the two have led global leaders to conclude that the site may indeed already be housing a series of nuclear weapons.
But how can this be? The international community has already made a huge financial contribution towards helping Russia disarm whatever nuclear weapons they once had. Is it possible they’re mining a place to hide what they never actually diffused?
So what’s the truth? The complex being built within the mountain may be more than meets the eye. Sure, it may be a bunker for government officials to use in the event of a nuclear emergency. Sure, it may be a place to store food and clothing. In reality, it’s probably a combination of every excuse ever given for the site’s existence.
[Youtube:www.youtube.com...]
The Soviet Union is no stranger to secret underground military bases. At the end of the Cold War, the Soviets used bases throughout Eastern Europe to house their nuclear weapons. In fact, at the time they had hidden more than 73 missiles known as the SS-23. Each one could do more than 350 times the damage the bomb at Hiroshima did.
In June of 1988, the Soviet Union was found in violation of the INF Treaty and supposedly disarmed its remaining nukes. The United States gave the government of Slovakia a grant to help destroy the last remaining missiles.
The real kicker is that the United States Government has intelligence proving that the base beneath Mezghorye is not the only underground base in Russia. In fact, it is only one of six, each of which have received significant upgrades over the past few years.
So there you have it. Mezghorye is a secret city sitting on top of a secret mining project with no real explanation. Speculate as you wish, but don’t try to visit. You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to admit the place exists, anyway.

edit on 21-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Looks like the US Gov has wondered about this for a while.

www.viewzone.com...

This declassified Defense Intelligence Agency map [right] shows the relative location of the underground Yamantau Mountain complex. Since the end of the Cold War in 1991, U.S. intelligence sources believe the Russian government has pumped more than $6 billion into Yamantau alone, to construct a sprawling underground complex that spans some 400 square miles.

In 1998, in a rare public comment, then-Commander of the U.S. Strategic Command (STRATCOM) Gen. Eugene Habinger, called Yamantau

"a very large complex -- we estimate that it has millions of square feet available for underground facilities. We don't have a clue as to what they're doing there."
It is believed to be large enough to house 60,000 persons, with a special air filtration system designed to withstand a nuclear, chemical or biological attack. Enough food and water is believed to be stored at the site to sustain the entire underground population for months on end.
"The only potential use for this site is post-nuclear war..." --- Rep. Roscoe Bartlett

Bartlett is one of the handful of members of Congress who have closely followed the Yamantau project.

The Yamantau Mountain complex is located close to one of Russia's remaining nuclear weapons labs, Chelyabinsk-70, giving rise to speculation it could house either a nuclear warhead storage site, a missile base, a secret nuclear weapons production center, a directed energy laboratory or a buried command post. Whatever it is, Yamantau was designed to survive a nuclear war.

In response to repeated U.S. inquiries, the Russian government has provided no fewer than 12 separate and contradictory explanations for the site, none of them believed to be credible.

www.fas.org...

Peter Pry, a former CIA analyst and author of a new book on Russian nuclear operations, said the continued construction of the Russian strategic defense sites is ominous and cannot be dismissed by U.S. officials as "inertia" from Cold War-era strategic policies. "It shows they take the threat of nuclear war so seriously that they're willing to spend scarce resources on it," Mr. Pry said, adding that he was not familiar with the CIA report. "These things are tying down billions of dollars in rubles that could go into other enterprises the Russians need - for example, providing housing for Russian military officers." Mr. Pry said Russian press reports say the underground facility at Yamantau Mountain covers an area as large as the Capital Beltway.

Did the US take it's eye off the ball? In the last 12 years so much has happened. Look where both US and China are now with regards to economies and where Russia is with regards to oil. Look where things are at with regards to North Korea and Iran nuclear facilities.

www.fas.org...

Russia is continuing and possibly intensifying the proliferation that has made a U.S. national missile defense essential. As recently as June 2000, just weeks before President Putin's visit to Pyongyang with its ostensible purpose of ending North Korea's missile program, missile component companies in Russia and Uzbekistan were reportedly collaborating to sell North Korea a special aluminum alloy, laser gyroscopes used in missile guidance, and connectors and relays used in missile electronics.129

The Russian government is accelerating its rapprochement with the rogue's gallery of former client states that the Soviet Union supported during the Cold War--not only reviving the Soviet intelligence relationship with Castro based on the listening post at Lourdes, Cuba, but also working with Beijing to renew both political and military ties with the pariah regimes in Iraq,130 North Korea, and Libya,131 and cultivating the Milosevic dictatorship in Belgrade. A more troubling contrast to the atmosphere of the early 1990s could hardly be imagined.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm gonna go with tailings pool. Since there's a mining facility nearby. The company would obviously have certain ressources that would allow it to hide a tailings pond. Here's an example:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's a list of satellite map sources, if anyone wants to pick up the ball.

______beforeitsnews/space/2011/05/10-great-sites-for-sa tellite-maps-622607.html

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Well the first thing which is apparent is that this site is not "somewhere in Russia", but on the utmost edge to the East close to Alaska. I bet 99% it's some sort of IBCM missile site, there is no reason to speculate anything else BUT that it's some military site.

HOWEVER - the real mystery is how comes that OUR (Western) images sources are blurred? I didn't even know that Russia has this authority to tell us what to show and what not?

SOMEONE has cut/blurred this area by request of Russia (which, IMO, is already noteworthy to mention)...and if someone cut/blurred the area out this means logically also that someone (in the West) KNOWS what that area is. (Respective, where this request to blur came from)

edit on 14-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

My money is on it being the Russian smallpox repository. Both Russia and the US (i.e. the West) have stockpiles of the smallpox virus. What we see here is both sides colluding to maintain the status quo - the last thing either of them want is some renegade third party [insert usual suspects here] muscling in on a situation that has suited both sides for the last 30 years. Having said that, actually blacking something out (as some agencies have done) is a surefire way of raising everyone's suspicions.
edit on 24-2-2013 by lacrimoniousfinale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale
Having said that, actually blacking something out (as some agencies have done) is a surefire way of raising everyone's suspicions.
edit on 24-2-2013 by lacrimoniousfinale because: (no reason given)

To me that is one of the most interesting parts of the panopticon we are building. When censored data is provided, the controllers of the panopticon (Google and their censors/controllers, in this case) absolutely cannot hide the fact that they are redacting the data. Which in many cases, draws much more attention to the censored areas than if nothing had been blurred out.

We are also able to observe, as has been done to great effect in this thread, where cooperation to censor data occurs across different datasets, and between various organizations: corporations (often nominal competitors), nation-states and even (perhaps most startlingly) across ostensible geopolitical rivalries. This cooperation tends to reveal true power alignments.

Also on the topic of map censorship: When I was growing up, my father told me about Soviet maps, and how they would never show any government infrastructure on the civilian maps - even including things like utilities and other non-military places. Now I have lived long enough to see the same phenomenon in effect on USA maps. I am not smart enough to draw any ultimate conclusions from this, but it's interesting to note.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Mount Yamantau

This above referenced area is several thousand miles west and somewhat south of the area being discussed in this post. It is just north of the Kazakhstan border in southern Russia.

Incidentally, the Mount Yamantau installation is in plain view on most satellite images, and in high resolution as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Not even cold, that area is -40 to -50 degrees Fahrenheit in winters, one of the coldest areas in the world.

i dont understand , are you saying its too cold? or not even cold at all?

im pretty sure they can drill in any temperature, plus once you have made the initial cave you can start warming the cave up with artifitial means, and then continue drilling slowly. and if they are using the nuke version i dont think temp even matters as it turn the rock basically into lava then glass.

anyways was just an idea, you have two site on either side that "might" have those equipments or at least not look suspiciuos if bring up some kind of boring machine to a silver/gold mine area.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It has now been almost 2 years since my OP on this subject. I have spent the past decade researching this area and have found nothing but tens of thousands of dead ends. I just know there's a reason this place is being kept secret from the World, but I don't know what it is. I had hoped time and research would bring the truth closer to the surface, but I guess I was mistaken.

I hope one day someone discovers what lies at this most mysterious place in one of the remotest places on Earth.

The quest continues...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Personally i'm scared to see what it might be. And how could the Russians have control over what Google shows of them, unless there is collaboration with the US Govt?? Sorry if i asked querstion that has already been asked in this thread

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't think you need to be in collaboration with the U.S. government, Google would need permission to map Russia and Russia would probably say sure as long as you don't show these secret installations.

I'm sure US has pictures of it, what are the Google images of Groom Lake?

Hi Google, you will be banned from 15 million Russian customers if you don't block this out.

Jobbed.

But yeah, still wonder what it is!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join