It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptance Of Homosexuality Leads To Extinction

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Can't tell if this thread is serious... ?? Even if there WERE a direct correlation, and the population reduced to a million people, wouldn't we have this thing called intelligence that would give us the foresight to work around this problem by... procreating again?

Seriously, out of all of the ways we are screwing ourselves and the planet (deforestation, ocean and air pollution, food shortages, war, famine, nuclear and chemical weapons, etc etc etc), I'm pretty sure death by "gayness" is probably the LEAST of our concerns.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annunak1
reply to post by Phage

For humans i don't believe they are born gay, and if they were born gay then they would still have a choice to stay gay or to change if they wanted too.

For the animals i have no idea why they are gay and for how long this is going on. For all we now there IS a virus and maybe there's not. I don't have those answers.

Or at least an interference in normal hormonal responses in the environment. I mean, if Holdren thinks it's ok to medicate the water supplies, who knows what the controllers are doing.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

when out for a walk with my daughter and come across a hetero couple in a heavy makeout session.

There was a time when that was not accepetable. There has been a marked decline in morality since the early 60's, and radical Marxists are working very hard at continuing the demoralization process. They just keep pushing the envelope until there is enough decay in society that they can more easily accomplish their goals.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

Can't tell if this thread is serious... ?? Even if there WERE a direct correlation, and the population reduced to a million people, wouldn't we have this thing called intelligence that would give us the foresight to work around this problem by... procreating again?

I absolutely agree
People that believe otherwise are the same people that believe homosexuals are inherently evil and immoral.

At the end of the OP I mention World population is projected to potentially increase as far as 16 billion by 2100.

Here is another projection taking into account uncertain future fertility rates.

The most widely used and frequently cited scenario for future world population is a UN medium projection. It assumes future fertility rates will converge – from above or below – nearing the replacement level of about two children per woman. Accordingly, the world population in 2100 is expected to be near stabilization at around 10.1 billion. To reflect the uncertainty of future fertility, the United Nations also publishes two less publicized projections, assuming higher or lower fertility rates: With an average of 2.5 children per woman, the world population would be 15.8 billion; with 1.5 children per woman, the world would return to 6.2 billion inhabitants.

One possible scenario – unlikely, yet instructive – is the fertility rates of countries remaining unchanged at current levels. Under this assumption, world population would nearly quadruple, as it did during the 20th century, to 26.8 billion inhabitants by 2100

It seems they are much more concerned about these fertility rates than they are about homosexuality.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

There has been a marked decline in morality since the early 60's, and radical Marxists are working very hard at continuing the demoralization process. They just keep pushing the envelope until there is enough decay in society that they can more easily accomplish their goals.

I know I feel a little demoralized - but it's not because of the Marxists

:-)

Those radical Marxists are really ruining it for the moderate Marxists - aren't they?

Just out of curiosity ThirdEye - what are their goals - and how does homosexuality figure into all this?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

There has been a marked decline in morality since the early 60's, and radical Marxists are working very hard at continuing the demoralization process.

Of course! Rock 'n Roll! It was a commie plot after all!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There has been a marked decline in morality since the early 60's, and radical Marxists are working very hard at continuing the demoralization process.

Of course! Rock 'n Roll! It was a commie plot after all!

Communists have the best music.. So I hear.. It's ALL free!! Hahahahha.... I feel like I missed the 60s.. Silly 80s/90s kid is me..

Gay people don't make music like the commies.. Elton John was a poser.. Lion King would have been Amazing if all straight people made it. Right?

What one may call a "marked decline in morality" another may call a "marked increase in self expression."

This post is mostly not in response to phage before I confuse again.

I Love my gay friends.. Just.. Not in a gay way.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

So Professor Doctor Scientist Geneticist! Where exactly did you get your credentials to make such statements because you were robbed of any tuition you paid! Ask for your money back, you were lied to!
edit on 15/2/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I just want to say that you are an inspiration and your SON is one hell of a lucky gay person, I know many that wish they could have grown up in such an understanding, loving and supportive family! Much love to you, your son and your entire family!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 1337s0lja

I know the answer because I remember filling in the questionare!

Question 1. Do you want to be born as a male who likes females?
Question 2. Do you want to be born as a male who likes males?
Question 3. Do you want to be born as a female who likes males?
Question 4. Do you want to be born as a female who likes females?

I think this was about 3 weeks before my mother went into labour!

Can you remember it? No I didn't think so!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Now that we've reached page 23, I think we can ask ourselves what we have learned from the thread. I confess I haven't read the whole thing; just one full page in every four. For purposes of analysis, though, I think that's enough.

So what conclusions pertain? I submit the following:
  1. Many ATS members feel it is acceptable to add their comments to a thread after reading only the title. They don't bother to read the opening post (far less the whole thread), or just skim it and simply assume they know what the OP is saying.

2. By far the majority of thread contributors reject the argument that homosexuality is a step toward human extinction. Most regard such an argument as illogical or absurd.

3. The majority of thread contributors believe homosexuality is natural, has a biological origin (whether genetic or 'merely' epigenetic can be debated) and is not a matter of personal choice.

4. By far the majority of thread contributors are tolerant of homosexuality and homosexuals. They are willing to live and let live, and see no reason to eradicate or suppress homosexuality.

5. Those who hold views opposed to the ones described above are very much in the minority. As is evident from their posts, they are for the most part an aggrieved, angry minority.

6. This minority seem unable to produce any strong science or statistics to support their views. They are reduced to misinterpreting and massaging the available facts, or else ignoring them altogether and appealing instead to personal 'experience' or religious authority. This does not help their case.

On balance, it seems to me that these conclusions give reason to be cheerful. Clearly the homophobes and haters are in a minority, even on Above Top Secret. In society at large they are probably even rarer.

Thank you, Lucid Lunacy. Your thread gives us hope for humanity.

edit on 15/2/13 by Astyanax because: of hope for humanity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Well duh, nations that are having national success....... Well their slaves, I mean citizens are far too busy working to get freaky

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I am not gay, at one point I shared a house with a male friend of mine, it's not an isolated incident.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hi dear conservative ATS'r this just looks like conservative propaganda to me. All that your charts and so called evidence proves is that these are middle income countries and that's having smaller families. Today's Medical breakthroughs have allowed homosexuals to have biological children. Which shows us that whatever our Sexual orientation or believes are humans find a way to replicate.

I therefore think it's insulting for anyone to put forward a society accepting LGTP people is leading to extinction. I think that any society that accepts Gay people are forward thinking and might be the very societies that saves us from extinction one day.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

There was a time when that was not accepetable. There has been a marked decline in morality since the early 60's, and radical Marxists are working very hard at continuing the demoralization process.

Maybe in some areas, sexuality is not one of them. Of course, for that youd have to realise that sexual morality is not sexual prudeness.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You have to concede that in order for this to happen said homosexuality would have to be practiced on a MASSIVE scale.

Here's where the theory begins to fall apart....as long as humans have existed, so has homosexuality. Our acceptance really has no bearing on this fact, does it? After all, as I stated, homosexuality has always existed, mostly without acceptance. My point being that gays and lesbians will still be gays and lesbians whether we have deemed it socially acceptable or not.

Should we force gays and lesbians to go against their very nature and procreate with opposite sex regardless of their preferences? No. That would be like me forcing you to engage in homosexual activities even though you are heterosexual.

Live and let live my friend. Not to be cliche but, whatever will be...will be. If humans are to become extinct they will....I don't think any amount of forced heterosexual sex is going to change that

edit on 15-2-2013 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Fun, I will play

1) Don't know, and really don't care much.

2) I don't recall that I ever did. I know I have always found females very interesting, somewhere around say 8 I started finding them a lot more interesting.

3) I kinda doubt it, I mean 31 years is one hell of a phase

4) Ummmmm, what? I don't like sleeping with men, I do not fear them though

5) Yes, yes. How did they react to what? My first score? Well my parents yelled a lot, they thought I was way too young. I got some high fives by my friends.

6) No, the thought of even kissing another man is enough to make my stomach churn.

7) I don't really. I don't really approve much of getting freaky in public, no matter what the orentation.

8) Because it feels great, it's good exercise?

9) Not sure what you mean.... You mean why guys wish they could sleep with hot lesbians? Well, a threesome seems a lot more possible maybe

10) Personally, I believe in homeschooling myself.

11) That's just silly. The key fits in the lock quite well

12) How should I know? Never been divorced personally, can't really speak for others.

13) Sorry, that makes zero sense at all to me.

14) Eliminating poverty in the world would help a lot.....

15) Don't trust that branch of "science" a lick personally.

16) Perhaps you need to find better people to associate with then. I know plenty of happy heterosexual people.

17) Nope.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Brendanvd1

Sounds like another that should read past the title.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Sorry I read the first part and saw the charts and stuff and automatically assumed what the thread is about. I basically agree with the thread and will read thoroughly next time.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
referring to the opening post,

I agree its anti civilization spreading confusion, its not part of our natural evolution of existence.

lines of genetics of families will be extinct in the future and also promotes indirectly, child abuse where much of it comes.[
edit on 15-2-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join