reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Dear Lucid Lunacy

Now my temp ban is over i can make my public apology

im so sorry for jumping the gun and not reading your full thread

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by undo

Countries being constitutional republics has nothing to do with world domination or your payment in taxes.

Spare me the old lady with children that can't find work bit, it doesn't change the fact that the western way of life has become the norm in much of the world, so you have nothing to complain about.

which countries are constitutional republics?
and why is it not a valid observation, that the policies of world domination are not benefiting the country itself? we don't benefit from it, we actually lose money because of it, when we're already over taxed. on top of that, while we're paying taxes, the benefits of which barely provide a semblance of life for those who need help and avail themselves of social services, they are taught that white people who do manage to have jobs and pay taxes are their enemy.

i wasn't born yesterday.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Can you post these statistics here?

i did. you can watch this video too.

or the video with the UN statistics.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMistro81

But why not just ignore it? Theres not much you can do to change peoples opinions most of the time.

Ignore it?

Should the Abolitionists have ignored slavery? Should the Suffragettes have ignored the fact that women couldn't vote? Why should the LGBT community be any different?

People's minds do change

edit to add: had I read down just a little bit further...

:-)

And the pen is mightier than the sword - you can change a lot of things with a sword - but a mind isn't one of them

edit on 2/16/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

We have all heard this said many many times on ATS and elsewhere:

Homosexuality leads to extinction.

Accepting homosexuality is the catalyst.

I am creating this thread in the hope we can all be as honest and objective as possible. Please put forth evidence to substantiate the premise, or evidence to the contrary. My hope is that it will become clear this gloomy fear is not supported by observable truths. My hope is then people on ATS will stop spreading what I strongly feel is misinformation.

On the 1st point I agree with you but I see it more from the point of view that it is the 2nd law of thermodynamics that leads to heat death of the universe and hence the extinction of humanity and all other life as we currently know it.

(click on picture to take you to the wiki for this picture for details on understanding how to interpret it accurately ok)

And therefor on both the 1st and 2nd point I would say that entropy is the real catalyst and culprit.

Personal Disclosure: @Everybody ...

We are here for a good time ... not a long time ... and it is just a ride ok!

It is just a ride ok ...

So ...

Believe in yourself ...

And learn how to ride a bike ok!

I personally now choose to ride ...

... because I can not lie!

And I am having the ride of my life!

edit on 16-2-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to alter 2nd instance of 'hence' into 'therefor' for ease of understanding and clarity.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
which countries are constitutional republics?

It's a long list so I will just post this wiki link.

and why is it not a valid observation, that the policies of world domination are not benefiting the country itself?

Because your original post was about your culture dying out. I pointed out that western culture has spread throughout the world and you went off on a "world domination" tangent which has nothing to do with the popularity of western culture.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
while I dont think Homosexuality has any direct conflict with a culture so as to end it. I will say that progressive culture can be seen as the end to anything that employs it.

it is at best an experiment now failing for several decades. Progressive ideals have usurped what were simply NORMAL people´s ideals. "Progressive" culture has polarized our society where really there was no divide. That is their effect. People become rabid and incessant in their quest to push what are essentially extremes and fascism by their "everybody must" and their "every action must", attitudes.

WHY must everyone be "progressive"?...WHY is that one mentality supposed to be the saving grace to mankind when all it does is make a divide between MOST people and the minority that embraces "progressive" ideals and tries to FORCE them on others.

This is also applicable to gay people. They have been used from day one by "progressives" who usurped the gay rights movement and made it into something they take credit for. BEFORE there was a "progressive" culture there were gay men and women were forging ahead towards acceptance. NOW that they have made head way, progressives jump in and gobble up all credit to their success.

Gay men and women owe NOTHING to progressive culture. Progressive culture is a form of leftist FASCISM. The gay rights movement is hundreds of years old with pioneers in every decade foraging ahead long before "progressive" culture could usurp the merit.

There is no reason why a gay man or woman can not be conservative. In fact it would make more sense for them to be conservative since conservatives do not force their ideals on anyone. They have a live and let live mentality and LOVE privacy and self reliance. THE VERY heart of the gay rights movement.

"progressives" have a rabid sense of duty to force convert the world, see everyone not inline with their ideology as their mortal enemy and go to really scummy ends to make their view standard and wide spread. Thank god they have tried to consume gay culture or the gay rights movement would have to face the SAME CHALLENGES of close minded people forcing THEIR views on them....

so gay culture is not the down fall of our culture. It is PROGRESSIVE culture that has ruined it by its hateful, bile soaked, rabid and delusional sense of the world.......

The same could be said of the civil rights movement. It was just normal people trying to make unhealthy people stop being idiots, then came the usurpers trying to take the credit.The civil rights movement was not a progressive culture. It was a democratic voice of the majority being heard and not suppressed by a minority.

your OP was great by the way. Well thought out and presented, though I disagree.

EDIT:
just food for thought. The catholic Church as one example, started with progressive culture after Vatican 2. That is when the standards for priests went WAY down and all the vile instances of abuse started to sky rocket. They may have existed before hand, BUT were not pandemic until the church embraced all this new age crap that changed its very core to be more progressive. Consequently membership has fallen every year SINCE Vatican 2 and participation has fallen as well. Less priests, less members, less friends.....New age progressive culture is poison. The death threats to popes who wish to change back to the former church come from progressive forces in the church. They are criminals. Wolves in sheep´s clothing.

Also multiculturalism is NOT "our" culture. That is what has spread everywhere on the planet by FORCE. Our western culture has not spread. Capitalism is under attack everywhere and is blamed for the evils of what is essentially the economic model of "progressive" culture, which is Corporatism.

American culture is equally vilified and blamed for everything and is hated everywhere by the fence walking "progressive" culture that plays all sides. In Europe progressives ridicule Americans while force feeding them ultra leftist, fascist extremes. THAT is not our culture.

So you are right on that count.

edit on 16-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I realized I confused myself with my own use of language. Please disregard the past couple pages where I might have used 'pro side' or 'opposing side' differently than the OP. My bad

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i did. you can watch this video too.

OKay. I didn't know you meant it was in that video. I watched some but didn't see relevant stuff so I stopped. I will give it a full watch.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
"Progressive" culture has polarized our society where really there was no divide. That is their effect.

There was no segregation and divisiveness and 'polarity' in the World prior to the "progressive movement"? O.o Actually scratch that. Respond to the other questions instead (if you wish).

This is also applicable to gay people. They have been used from day one by "progressives" who usurped the gay rights movement and made it into something they take credit for.

Can you be more specific on who they are and how they usurped the movement and how they took the credit.
Actually scratch that. Respond to the other questions instead (if you wish).

There is no reason why a gay man or woman can not be conservative.

There is no good reason why they shouldn't be free to be one.

In fact it would make more sense for them to be conservative since conservatives do not force their ideals on anyone. They have a live and let live mentality...
THE VERY heart of the gay rights movement.

This thread wasn't about trying to sway the gay community to join a political affiliation. Lets not turn it into one about the merit of conservatism. Or your hatred of progressives

your OP was great by the way. Well thought out and presented, though I disagree.

Thank you
I am confused on what exactly you disagree with.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

...were you serious? Sorry, but I have to ask.

Seriously?

Frank Zappa wants to know. The ghost of Paul McCartney is curious too.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
edit on 2/16/2013 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
edit on 2/16/2013 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not to split hairs here but... by the looks of your first response, you didn't either at first.

You responded 1 minute after it was posted, and it was obvious you thought the OP was arguing against homosexuality.

You're better than this.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

just my thoughts...

I dont wish to answer the questions, just provide my own reason for society suffering, and communicate that the acceptance of homosexuality has NO effect on its survivability, positively or negatively. It is really a non issue. No one really cares. People care when they are fooled into having an opinion about something that does not concern them. Unless YOU are gay, you should not even care that anyone else is. We talk about gay culture like it has a pivotal role in the world. It does not.

I see progressive culture as that force or destructiveness in society. I dont hate it. I also think it entirely separate from gay culture. I think "progressive" culture has SOME positive attributes because it takes from libertarian ideologies but just takes them to an extreme.

It is over all is too overbearing and closer to fascism with its over reaching approach to every person and every facet of life. From forced ecological standards on whole countries to the very molding of language to remove words and terminology that is deemed "offensive" from whole cultures. Youth is removed from its natural tendencies and placed in a prepackaged box of conformity for the sake of not offending feelings throughout our whole species. It is a fantasy on a large scale. That is why I place the blame on their door step.

I dont consider myself conservative mind you. I am dead center ideologically.

edit on 16-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Minds do change, yes. But on this subject, if someones mind is set against the idea of homosexuality, it wont be changed. never did I claim ones mind cant change, I know mine has over the years.

And as far as the "why not ignore it" question... it was an honest question to the OP. I would normally recommend a thicker skin, and let things be. He did explain, however, his reasons for trying to get the info out there, which is great.

I'm still sticking with a sword over a pen... haha. Pen is great for things of this nature though, agreed.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's already "fashion" in the UK to be bisexual, every cool kid is bisexual.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by isozy

Ah yes. Bisexuality.... the make-believe orientation

Well if it's a 'fashion trend' how persuasive do they need to be for you to be cool like them? What's your breaking point?

Any thoughts towards the OP?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
With or without. Extinction level event. They happen in cycles. Extinction came to dinosaurs on a meteor. Was there a gay gene in the amino acids? Amino acids and other acids can be found on space rocks. And more acids. So the possiblity. Homosexuality is from space. It stops the breeding. Except for binary fission. Dinos can't divide. Neither can we. Yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Wow.

Okay, I'm sorry, it's a little hard to reconcile what you're saying with the Confederate flying in your avatar.

Very good contribution, though.

Homosexuality has existed since we have. Therefore the argument that homosexuality will lead to extinction makes no real sense.

It make no sense at all.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join