It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by beezzer

Come on Bunny...let's see you prove your illogical claim that this information about the number of guns sold proves that the majority of the public doesn't support gun control.

Or just admit you made an asinine comment that has no proof to it.

Not going to get sidetracked anymore. The numbers speak for themselves.

Plus, what Neo said was correct. This isn't a poll vs 2nd Amendment fight. This isn't a popularity contest.

Look at what gun control has done to Chicago.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by xedocodex

You bring polls to the Us constitution fight?

Polls to second amendment fight?

I do not get my rights from the majority or government.

No person in this country gets their rights from what a "majority" says considering that is nothing but mob rule, and last time I checked the mob has the IQ of a rock.

Yes you do, you are a member of this society...you have agreed to live by it's rules.

If you don't like it, leave.

Funny you should mention IQ...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The fact of the matter is that gun laws don't keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. Any further law only serves to prohibit and infringe on law abiding citizens. Now please tell me, what about that simple and truthful statement do you not understand exactly?

Reducing the amount of overall guns in circulation will reduce the amount of guns criminals can get their hands on. And many times, people aren't criminals when they buy the gun...but when they snap and turn into a criminal...look...they have a gun already.

Most guns that are in criminals hands were once purchased legally...unless they have robbed a gun manufacure or a gun store...the gun was once bought legally.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes you do, you are a member of this society...you have agreed to live by it's rules.

Witch trials? Jews in train cars? 1/5th a person?

What if the mob wanted to put xedo in the stocks and pummel him with rotten fruit? You just go along with it? It's what society wants afterall.

I love how supporting the mob is so relative. Mob hates guns? Yay!! Mob hates gays? Boo!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Question for you Xedo? Are you personally pro or anti Gun?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Actually, I don't watch any. I would point you to the champion of current gun legislation and Diane Feinstein's comments to the effect of if she could of gotten the votes she would have introduced a bill for complete confiscation telling Mr. and Mrs. America, turn em all in. Also to the fact that "universal background checks and registration" only serve one purpose and that purpose is used by dictators as proven by regimes who have used this gateway to first identify and then to summarily confiscate. History tells us this is what will happen.

Then you listen to it...or you are psychic and know all the current talking points.

So I ask you to show me a source of Obama supporitng legislation that confiscates guns...and you show me where Diane Feinstein does.

Do you not see how that is illogical?

Please...show me where Obama supports the confiscation of guns. Or you as well can just admit you are making asinine claims that you can't back up with any sort of credible proof.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not going to get sidetracked anymore. The numbers speak for themselves.

So you can't prove your original statement....thanks...that's all I wanted to hear.

You spent enough time trying to dodge and trying to illogically ask me to prove negatives...but at least you are finally admitting that you can't back up your claims.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Witch trials? Jews in train cars? 1/5th a person?

What if the mob wanted to put xedo in the stocks and pummel him with rotten fruit? You just go along with it? It's what society wants afterall.

I love how supporting the mob is so relative. Mob hates guns? Yay!! Mob hates gays? Boo!!!!

You are confusing "supporting" and "abiding".

I abide by the rules and laws of our society...doesn't mean I have to support them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder57
Question for you Xedo? Are you personally pro or anti Gun?

I am for stricter gun control while still allowing for private ownership of guns.

My views are very strict though...I'm sure most would just say I am completely anti gun.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

No the second amendment destroys the gun debate without any question.

The 2nd amendment, like all of the Constitution, is up for interpretation. We already have gun control...the SCOTUS hasn't stuck those down...so we are free to have further gun control.

Hopefully the 2nd will be re-visited when the SCOTUS changes in the next few years.

So your up for a re-visitation of the 2nd Amendment? Something most of our fore father fought and died for? You will permanently be ignored for this ignorant statement. I would ask if your even a American Citizen after the responses I've read from you. I would love to extend my right to freedom of speech further but at this time I will leave with Civility.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I abide by the rules and laws of our society...doesn't mean I have to support them.

Anything less than direct protest is support. To actively or passively abide is to support.

The whole bit about good men doing nothing and all.
edit on 12-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You are avoiding my question. it is simply yes or no
edit on 12-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

Why does someone have to be "anti-gun" or "pro-gun"? There are many positions on the second amendment without being in an extreme.

The gun manufacturers and the NRA LOVE the air of suspicion that Obama is trying to take their guns away.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The 2nd amendment, like all of the Constitution, is up for interpretation. We already have gun control...the SCOTUS hasn't stuck those down...so we are free to have further gun control. Hopefully the 2nd will be re-visited when the SCOTUS changes in the next few years.

The us constitution is not up for interpretation it is open to the amendment process.

Yeah we do have gun control that has everyone armed better than the average gun owner criminals still have guns, and people still going around killing others.

So what has all that gun control accomplished?

Nothing.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually that is wrong my facebook proves it

I post picture of shiny new gun

Liberal friend "YOU CANT OWN THAT IT HAS a 30 ROUND CLIP"

funny thing was, its a 10 round magazine

Jokes on you liberal troll!

I know it was a liberal they retweeted that stupid picture when he got reelected
edit on 12-2-2013 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

So your up for a re-visitation of the 2nd Amendment? Something most of our fore father fought and died for? You will permanently be ignored for this ignorant statement. I would ask if your even a American Citizen after the responses I've read from you. I would love to extend my right to freedom of speech further but at this time I will leave with Civility.

Yes, I'm up for the re-visitation of anything and everything in the Constitution. It's ignorant to think that laws and persepectives should never change while society evolves and new technology is developed.

Yes, I am an American citizen...and I am very active in organizing to get my views moved into legislation...I bet you don't like that too much either.

I love that you have a problem with an American citizen expressing their opinion.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but the founding fathers didn't fight and die for your rights...they did it for their own profit. The revolution was a business dispute between the rich business men of the colonies and England. But they need to convince colonist to go die for them somehow...so "freedom" seemed like a good tool to use.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Could say the same thing about Planned Parenthood and NARAL.

Nobody is overturning R v Wade but whenever some idiot politician pulls a "legitimate rape" out of his ass they all get pretty fired up.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yes you do, you are a member of this society...you have agreed to live by it's rules. If you don't like it, leave. Funny you should mention IQ...

Never agreed to live any any rules except the constitution perhaps if people don't like me owning a gun they should leave.

Thanks think I will stay considering my family has been in this country for over 200 years.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Anything less than direct protest is support. To actively or passively abide is to support.

The whole bit about good men doing nothing and all.
edit on 12-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

No, sorry, that is just stupid.

I follow the laws that I don't support because I have respect for the entire system. But if I don't support the law, I will work to try to change it by organizting, voting, donating, etc.

I think it is pretty dumb if people think that if they don't support a law, then their only choice is to become a criminal...or support it by default.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join