It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Now here is a story to grab some attention to the feelings of the American Public on their firearms rights.

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term Total

There have been 65,376,373 background checks completed for Americans purchasing firearms since February of 2009, the first full month of Barack Obama's presidency.

Now those are some sale numbers! It's no wonder everything from magazines to ammo to firearms themselves are in back-order status 12+ months out after the last round of regulatory pushing.

For 2010, background checks totaled 14,320,489. In 2011, checks were 16,336,732, and in 2012, 19,463,832. Background checks for the month of January 2013 were 2,483,230.

This totals 65,376,373 background checks completed since President Obama's first full month in office, or 44,748 background checks per day!

However the vote may have gone in November? This vote has been running every day of every week since he took office. How does this stack up against historic precedent? Hmm... Lets see?

By comparison, the number of background checks in Obama's first term is 91.1% higher than President George W. Bush's first-term total of 34,214,066.

Source

I'm thinking Obama and his allies making the most noise about regulating and registering every firearm have done far more to sell firearms among a population who haven't historically felt the need to buy so many than anything else could have.

2013 is off to a roaring start in breaking even these notable records. Buy 'em while you can, I'd say.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i feel like they are just doing all this to boost gun sales..

idk everyone keeps saying gun prices are going really high where they live like $3000 for an ar-15 I live in austin, tx area and I see them for sale all day long for way cheaper.. This guy yesterday had 2 new in the box, with 2 30rd mags, red dot sight and something else i forget for $1600 each.. And lots of other poeple selling them modded with lots of mags or accessories and sometimes 1000+ rounds for well under $2k

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Obama the best gun salesman of the decade!

According to those stats people get their guns from brick and mortar and they already get background checks.

The gun debate blown right out of the water because it shows the only thing those congressman are interested in is more power, and control.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Has anyone tracked ammo sales???

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This number should make anyone complaining about Obama taking away their guns pretty damn silly.

You should also feel like a sucker if you have gone out and bought guns just because you thought Obama was going to take them away, because you fell for some slick marketing that played on your fear and paranoia from the gun industry.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Lets see, before this happened, Between law, and military and special law we had them 800 to 1, I wonder what the number is now.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All of those guns sold and violent crime has actually gone DOWN by over 20%. Shocking? Nope, that's to be expected, an armed society is a polite society indeed.

The second amendment is true and right, just like the rest of them.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Awesome to know that I added 2 guns to that number~ Ruger .40 and Mossberg 590 (Home Defense Objective Secured) If not the .223 that was grandfather'd in will do the trick
And as it should always be, a fireproof safe to be a RESPONSIBLE firearm owner~

Way to arm your citizens Obama~!!! Best thing he's done as president!~ /clap (Singular)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Unless they are trying to boost gun sales, then make all the guns you just bought illegal and since you bought them at the gun store they have all ur info.. NOW then confiscate them from you and they get your guns plus they already got ur moneys

I always ALWAYS buy private, in texas if you buy private you have to do NOTHING but hand someone money and walk away with the gun.
edit on 12-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by xedocodex

Unless they are trying to boost gun sales, then make all the guns you just bought illegal and since you bought them at the gun store they have all ur info.. NOW then confiscate them from you and they get your guns plus they already got ur moneys

I always ALWAYS buy private, in texas if you buy private you have to do NOTHING but hand someone money and walk away with the gun.
edit on 12-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

This is not gonna be a debate over if they will come and take your guns. Save that squish squash talk for those threads.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Or is it??? I might have spoken to soon.... Wrabbit? Was I premature assuming this?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

This number should make anyone complaining about Obama taking away their guns pretty damn silly.

You should also feel like a sucker if you have gone out and bought guns just because you thought Obama was going to take them away, because you fell for some slick marketing that played on your fear and paranoia from the gun industry.

IMO the suckers are those who think the police and the government is going to make them "safe".

1934,1968,1986,1994 2013 there is a historical precident, and there is no try about it considering the criminals,the police,the miltary are all better armed than the average gun owner.

The fact is the law abiding gun owner is the least armed group in this country because as per the op they actually follow the law.

Unlike those other 3.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ya Right, If your brain works that way. Sorry , answer to Xedo.
edit on 12-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Funny in that the MSM runs poll numbers stating that the American public wants gun bans/controls when the numbers clearly state the opposite.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well I bought a gun or three just to spite the liberals... and their whole gun control thing.... In order to help the gun lobby out...

anything to piss off a democrat thats what I always say!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Funny in that the MSM runs poll numbers stating that the American public wants gun bans/controls when the numbers clearly state the opposite.

MSM has little regard for silly things like real numbers, statistics or the actual will of the people when they have an agenda to push.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I just saw your signature... this simple words you spoke make way to much sense... How easy would it be to curb gun violence if you illegally use a gun (not to defend yourself) but to rob or murder... Why not make it a crime punishable by death...

I promise you that MANY people will think twice about picking up a gun to do something illegal if they are putting their life on the line for a few bucks.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Its more pissing off TPTB.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

Well I don't really care about the "shadow governement" why should I? When I can easily piss off my entire facebook friends list by posting pictures of me at the shooting range...

Its way more enjoyable!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join