It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
GeeWhiz, I feel so left out and abnormal now. I didn't buy a single gun during Obama's reign.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by LeatherNLace

I'm still not getting this connection so many are trying to make.

Are you saying Feinstein works for the NRA?

That the 1994 AWB was just an elaborate 10 year long ploy?

I'm still not getting this connection so many are trying to make.

Are you suggesting that Feinstein can unilaterally pass legislation without sending through Republican controlled House of Representatives (where it has zero chance of passing)?

Are you suggesting that the 1994 AWB is still in effect?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
That same law just passed in Tennessee yesterday.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Trust me no one who has a gun or buys a gun will be thinking to themselves anytime in the future.. Why do I have this gun...

Perhaps they will think crap, I have all these guns but I can't buy ammo for most of them anymore because they made it illegal...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That's funny it really was just because someone has a R by their names doesn't mean crap because all gun legislation in this country has had both D and R right by their names when that trash was voted in to law.

Then what is the point of introducing said legislation if it "has zero chance of passing" wasting our cash?

The reality is it has a very good chance of being passed because people believe the propaganda and think they get their rights from government.

They also think there are no gun laws already on the books.

They also act like there is no law agianst murder.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Source or poppycock. You make the call.

LOL, so you make a claim out of your ass...then you ask me to provide sources??? Gladly...as long as you are man enough to do the same to prove your claim.

My sources are all the polls showing publice support for gun control legislation, here is a nice little website that has many different polls all on the same page.

www.pollingreport.com...

And the rate of gun ownership in America has always been estimated at around 30%

www.gallup.com...

So please, give you your sources on how there isn't public support for gun control...or should I just say your are full of poppycock???

Come on bunny...let's see some facts...I gave you mine.
edit on 12-2-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
...don't pay attention to his actual policy on guns...he's going to do it secretly.

It's funny that Republicans have suddenly developed precognitive abilities since Obama took office....they just know what he wants or is going to do. Too bad they didn't develop that ability back when Bush was in office; they could have prevented 9/11 and avoided a decade+ of war and deficit spending.
edit on 12-2-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Well said there.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Too bad you can't blame Bush anymore

its been five years.... get a new tactic, stop using the same kool aid sheeple tactics...

seriously.. how long can you blame bush?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Trust me no one who has a gun or buys a gun will be thinking to themselves anytime in the future.. Why do I have this gun...

Perhaps they will think crap, I have all these guns but I can't buy ammo for most of them anymore because they made it illegal...

That's a pretty bold statement...actually it's a pretty illogical statement.

When people rush out to do things out of fear and paranoia...especially when that fear and paranoia is falsely sold to you by the gun industry...they do things on impulse and without thinking them through.

Owning a gun shouldn't be something taken lightly...and to some, it is my OPINION, that they may just find it more work than it is worth 5 years down the road when the scary black man is no longer president and all the fear they were fed turned out to be nothing.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No, she cant and no, it's not. But she and others like her push everyday and if there was once an AWB there can be another. And lets not forget all the ridiculous laws on the books that have yet to be repealed.

I guess all the pro-choice people should just shut up shop and stop complaining because repealing Roe v Wade is nigh impossible, right? Forget that every day states work against them locally and that powerful groups are out there pushing against them every second.

As long as one person wants to attack me I will continue to defend myself however unlikely a successful attack may be.
edit on 12-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The fear of a black man as President was a big marketing advantage when you know your audience is racist as hell.

If we had a black man as President, I may agree with you. however, his mother was as white as fresh snow in the Kansas prairie she grew up in. His father is black in the true African sense of that description and the skin tone is proof of the dominance of that gene in his case ...however, to call Barack Obama black as if that fit him as an identity is simply ignorant to his birth and heritage as a man.

What any of this has to do with the purchase rates of firearms by American citizens IS beyond me though. People aren't running out when times are extremely hard for most, money is tight for ALL and spare cash is a distant memory ...to buy very expensive luxuries like firearms...all for baseless and senseless paranoia or some misguided ignorance about the race of the President.

If, somehow, that IS driving this, though?? Well, it needs to be a national priority to identify and SOLVE those problems causing such a high degree of angst and stress to people from coast to coast and all over our nation. Perhaps that stress comes from Washington. Perhaps close in one's own Statehouse. However, the numbers here show it's a very REAL thing and it's not a healthy one.

If the gun grabbers would stop the panic and rah rah B.S. talk? Perhaps fewer guns would be bought in panic-buying, hence less guns on the "street" and an EFFECTIVE method of gun control.

^^ Of course, that would require a politician to shut up for more than 24hrs. Not likely to happen in my lifetime, so I guess I need to see about buying some stock in the gun manufacturers. Their future seems bright in an otherwise dark night of economic bad news.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

So please, give you your sources on how there isn't public support for gun control..

Lets start with the thread title. Yes, that's 8 numbers. How many people took your supporting poll?

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term

edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

OMG
The Racist card does still hold true.... America has not progressed to the point where all those feelings have or ever will diminish. I will agree with that.

In 5 years if nothing happens. I'll still have home security and knowledge of firearms for personal defense. If you could honestly say that you feel safe walking down ANY given street in America today, I'd say your lying. We don't even sleep with the doors unlocked anymore.

Why? This is America~! (This is Sparta~!) I made a funny? Seriously this great nation (meh doesn't feel so great at this point in time) was founded off of guns, rebalry, murder, et cetera. Why do you think we are ranked #1 in gun ownership. Even with the 16% of hunters. Most Gun Owners have a pistol under their bed. Just.... In.... Case.... SHTF~
If i'm going down. I'm going down with a fight. And if you tossing lead at me... I want to make it as fair as possible and toss lead back~

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Weither R or D, we are all one thing. Americans, and throught this we are all protected by the constitution, and above all things this should be the highest law.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree very much in your analysis of the problem here. The number of laws or regulations isn't the problem and never has been. We have, by some estimates, over 30,000 laws, regulations and ordinances relating to firearms in the United States from Federal to City municipal level. If anything, we have FAR TOO MANY laws and that creates problems by itself.

I'll let Jon Stewart explain to you why your argument of throwing out the number of existing gun laws is false

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

LOL the racist card is still valid??

What did the liberal say to the conservative??

You're racist and it's bush's fault...

I'm so tired of the racist card it doesnt even hold water anymore.. it's been overused, I roll my eyes at it...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Too bad you can't blame Bush anymore

its been five years.... get a new tactic, stop using the same kool aid sheeple tactics...

seriously.. how long can you blame bush?

What the hell are you rambling on about? I didn't blame Bush for anything; however, if I were to blame Bush for 9/11, it would be a legitimate place assign blame...Obama was not in office when it happened. Then again, Obama is POTUS now, so I suppose he should step up and accept responsibility for 9/11, right?

edit on 12-2-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Source or poppycock. You make the call.

LOL, so you make a claim out of your ass...then you ask me to prove you wrong?

My sources are all the polls showing publice support for gun control legislation, here is a nice little website that has many different polls all on the same page.

www.pollingreport.com...

And the rate of gun ownership in America has always been estimated at around 30%

www.gallup.com...

So please, give you your sources on how there isn't public support for gun control...or should I just say your are full of poppycock???

Come on bunny...let's see some facts...I gave you mine.

You provided me with poppycock!

Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun (that's about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million. Removed those that skew the stats for their own purposes the best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of American households owning 260 million guns).

Some recent estimates:

•A 2011 Gallup poll estimates that 47 percent of US households own a gun.
•A 2007 Small Arms Survey estimates there are 88.7 guns per 100 Americans (#1 in the world for guns per capita)
•A 2010 estimate from the NRA states "Privately owned firearms in the U.S.: Approaching 300 million, including nearly 100 million handguns. The number of firearms rises over 4 million annually."

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

So please, give you your sources on how there isn't public support for gun control..

Lets start with the thread title. Yes, that's 8 numbers. How many people took your supporting poll?

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term

edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Now prove that those were sold to 65,376,373 unique individuals that don't support gun control.

Basic basic logic people....good lord...it is frightening that people that lack such basic logic skills are the ones out buying up the guns.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join