Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

They don't have to be, if 1 person bought 3 guns for that number, that is around 22 million people who purchased a gun during ONLY Obama's administration.

Yes, we don't know the number of unique people who bought guns...there is no way to determine that with the data we have available.

Your polls show that between one 1 thousand and 2 thousands people were polled. Further, how can we be sure that those people that were polled had been selected by an accurate representation of the general public? For such a small amount of people polled, this is an important question.

I can't teach you how statistical polling works...if you don't understand the concept, then I can't teach you it in a thread.

How did the polls do for the election? Remember that was Romney's supporters biggest argument...the polls are flawed. It was the Ron Paul supporters argument too...the polls are flawed...how can so few people accurately predict the outcome. But guess what...the polls were correct.

Multiple polls, multiple polling companies, using a random sample, coming up with the same statistical answer. The only person who will ignore those results are people lying to themselves because the polling doesn't agree with their own personal view.

Furthermore, even if you could show that 60% of Americans favor further gun control for law abiding citizens (you can't) It is a non issue because America is a republic and republics do not operate like high school popularity contests.

It does when politicians need to be re-elected and will base their legislative actions on the will of the people.

You wan't gun control so bad, America wants gun control so bad. Do it the right way and amend the Constitution. Don't side step around it like sniveling cowards and gun grabbing weasels, man up and tell Americans they are losing there right to bear arms, do it the right way.

You don't have to amend the constitution...the constitution allows for the legislation of laws. After the law is passed, if YOU think it is unconstitutional...bring it to the SCOTUS. That is how our system works.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I trust the "polling data" about as much as I trust a wiki page...

Then you don't understand polling.

Go educate yourself on statistics.

Most people that I know who have guns and that is allot of people.. unless they are military and then seems to have allot of guns or are rich and then have even more guns.. standard people like myself, have I would say not more then 10 guns and that would be stretching it, more like 5.

So you prove my point...not all those sales are to unique people.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is why people don't trust Obama and this administration and this is why people are buying more guns.

Not gonna take the guns, cool bro.

Oops, just kidding! Gonna take the guns!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

LOL I only pulled that card because of a thread response.... I feel it's utter BS as well mate

link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Doesn't the pro-gun peopel's public enemy #1 Feinstein own a gun?

Yep according to her only "special people" get to own guns the citizen does not.

Yeah, that kind of destroys your argument right there.

No the second amendment destroys the gun debate without any question.

For you to think that if someone owns a gun that they are automatically against gun control is very very ignorant.

Read this thread and every other thread relating to the gun debate the fact is gun owners are well aware of the gun laws already on the books more so than politicians and political pundits,

The majority of gun owners are well aware of the hoops they already have to jump through which means the majority of gun owners do not support anything that will make it harder for them to own a firearm.
edit on 12-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

LOL polls?

I read polls that said the current potus wasn't going to be the current potus.

Polls are meaningless.

65 million guns sold is tangible evidence.

No you didn't...you listened to Dick Morris and Karl Roves interpretation of the polls...because they said they were skewed.

Here are the polls...and they were statistically accurate.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I heard a story about a New York progressive reporter giving ideas to get the economy rolling again. One of them was to fake a alien invasion and this would send people into a panic to buy up guns and supplies.

Maybe just maybe this is all planned and they want the public to be spending this money on firearms? Maybe it was just a story but who knows in this world today. Left is right and up is down.

Heck liberal progressives run the republican party for gods sake.
edit on 12-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
By any chance did this phenominal number include DHS purchases of fire arms? That could put a dent in armed citizens.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Well I know 65 million guns didnt go to one person

but lets say its everyone that voted for Romney ... So basically anyone who had money and wasn't on a government pay check bought a gun

Romney lost...hence you are admiting that it isn't the majority.

Plus, I voted for Obama...I'm sure I am much more financially secure than most Romney voters.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not necessarily. I know a couple of redneck Klansmen, unfortunately, and they while being owners of many firearms and in full support of everything up to completely banning all guns.

And here is my response there are millions of minority gun owners both black and hispanic that own guns

Scant difference between the klan and the Us federal government.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The only thing that seems to sting a bit is that I've fallen for your bait again and replied to troll-type posts designed to run in circles and get nowhere.

It is you who failed to look at the information I provided...seems like you are the one wanting to run in circles and go nowhere.

All the facts are in the video that you refuse to watch, because I'm sure you know that it will destroy your "we already have many gun laws" false argument.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Millions of Americans are afraid that Obama will take away guns.

Millions of Americans are afraid that Obama will trample the Rights that they have.

Tangible numbers that cannot be ignored. Unless you're for the restriction of rights.

I'm sure there are millions of Americans that think that.

But there are millions more that think gun control is needed.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

You bring polls to the Us constitution fight?

Polls to second amendment fight?

I do not get my rights from the majority or government.

No person in this country gets their rights from what a "majority" says considering that is nothing but mob rule, and last time I checked the mob has the IQ of a rock.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

The only thing that seems to sting a bit is that I've fallen for your bait again and replied to troll-type posts designed to run in circles and get nowhere.

It is you who failed to look at the information I provided...seems like you are the one wanting to run in circles and go nowhere.

All the facts are in the video that you refuse to watch, because I'm sure you know that it will destroy your "we already have many gun laws" false argument.

The fact of the matter is that gun laws don't keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. Any further law only serves to prohibit and infringe on law abiding citizens. Now please tell me, what about that simple and truthful statement do you not understand exactly?

link   
reply to post by Helious

This is why people don't trust Obama and this administration and this is why people are buying more guns.

Provide me a source that shows Obama is currently supporting legislation that is going to confiscate your guns.

You watch too much right wing media.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Millions of Americans are afraid that Obama will take away guns.

Millions of Americans are afraid that Obama will trample the Rights that they have.

Tangible numbers that cannot be ignored. Unless you're for the restriction of rights.

I'm sure there are millions of Americans that think that.

But there are millions more that think gun control is needed.

Maybe, if you get your wish, the whole country can be like Chicago. Sad times indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Come on Bunny...let's see you prove your illogical claim that this information about the number of guns sold proves that the majority of the public doesn't support gun control.

Or just admit you made an asinine comment that has no proof to it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Provide me a source that shows Obama is currently supporting legislation that is going to confiscate your guns.

obama is coming for your guns

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No the second amendment destroys the gun debate without any question.

The 2nd amendment, like all of the Constitution, is up for interpretation. We already have gun control...the SCOTUS hasn't stuck those down...so we are free to have further gun control.

Hopefully the 2nd will be re-visited when the SCOTUS changes in the next few years.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Actually, I don't watch any. I would point you to the champion of current gun legislation and Diane Feinstein's comments to the effect of if she could of gotten the votes she would have introduced a bill for complete confiscation telling Mr. and Mrs. America, turn em all in. Also to the fact that "universal background checks and registration" only serve one purpose and that purpose is used by dictators as proven by regimes who have used this gateway to first identify and then to summarily confiscate. History tells us this is what will happen.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join