It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh I just found this

The 15 most liberal cities in the US:

- Detroit, Michigan - 24 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Gary, Indiana - 15 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Berkeley, California - 5 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Washington, DC - 13 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Oakland, California - 16 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Inglewood, California - 8 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Newark, New Jersey - 11 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Cambridge, Massachusetts - 5 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- San Francisco, California - 7 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Flint, Michigan - 24 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Cleveland, Ohio - 14 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Hartford, Connecticut - 13 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Paterson, New Jersey - 11 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- Baltimore, Maryland - 15 violent crimes/1,000 residents

- New Haven, Connecticut - 15 violent crimes/1,000 residents

Crime rates in liberal cities shockingly higher than in conservative cities

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
NRA Gun Salesman of the Year

link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

The reason we have the first amendment is because of the second amendment

JUST so you know

No, that is just something people like to tell themselves.

Guns have not protected my first amendment right since the Civil War...ironically...it was against fellow Americans.

Guns today don't protect my first amendment right....tanks, jets, and nukes do that now.

I'm sorry if this ruins your patriotic hero fantasy.

link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Ok...so now (1) guns don't kill people and (2) people don't kill people. I suppose folks that get shot just accidentally stepped in front of a bullet; a perfectly harmless bullet going about minding it's own business.

1 I am a gun owner have not killed anyone, haven't shot at anyone there are millions of Americans just like me,,

Who are going around telling me I am a murder I am dangerous and should not be allowed to own a gun.

2 people don't kill people because if they did there would be no gun laws on the books.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
its called satire... google it...

No, I don't think so. I think you just realized how stupid what you said is...

Chances are if you are in a gun crime zone you are more than likely in a liberal city

Chicago
New York
Los Angeles

LOL I didn't know Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi were "liberal"!

Gun Crime Statistics

(hell the batman shooter was a registered dem)

Breitbart Blogger Falsely Accuses Colorado Shooter James Holmes of Being a Democrat

Yeah, I got your number.
You spout "facts" without sources, thinking people won't look them up. :shk:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thats the goal-

Arm you all to the teeth and then squeeze ya sometime in the near future...let you take each other out because you cant withdraw your money, no food on the grocery store shelves, and no electronic device works.

Bunch of angry hungry Americans wanting to vent.

You have to be wiser than a serpent to see the REAL truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by Helious

I've got a shocking news flash for you my friend. The only reason we have freedom is because we have the second amendment. The only reason we have this country and your an American is because people who believed in the right the second amendment affords us bled and died for it.

So we are the only "free" country in the world?

Would it surprise you to find out we aren't even ranked in the top 25 of countries for "freedom"? And guess what...there are more free countries than America that do not have the ugly gun culture we have. I know you want to think that we are the best and we are perfect...but that is not reality. Hell...we aren't even the most "free" when it comes to guns.

Reality my friend...that is what you should be focusing on...not fantasy.

They sure in hell didn't do it without the forethought of people like you who would seek to erode freedom and liberty and leave the people defenseless to the protection of their family and unable to oppose tyranny. Ironic that you make the argument against the amendment when you are exactly why it's there in the first place.

They had the foresight to not set ANYTHING in stone and allow for the entire document to be changed. They also gave us the ability to legislate laws. And everything in that document is open for interpretation just like any document.

I'm sorry you don't understand this...nothing prevents me from working to change the laws...even the precious 2nd.

No, it wouldn't surprise me and it wouldn't surprise me if we became dead last after losing our gun rights. What does surprise me is you knowing those statistics and still being in favor of a fascist nanny gun grabbing state.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The purchasing numbers the thread is based on show, if nothing else, the rush to buy comes across societal and demographic lines.

Look at that...another claim that can't be backed up by any proof.

Please show that these purchases comes from a very diverse group. Nothing in your article suggest that it does.

Again..this is YOU making a claim...so please don't ask me to prove that they aren't coming from a diverse group...because I'm not saying they aren't. I'm simply asking you, and others in this thread, to back up their claims with some actual proof.

So let's see it...where is your proof that these gun purchases comes across societal and demographic lines.

So you would think we could, as a nation, discuss this without the need to be "100% ALL or NOTHING" to either side of it. In reality, both sides have their points and, to varying degrees, valid ones too.

It's kind of hard to do that when the pro-gun side keeps saying Obama is trying to ban guns and confiscate them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Would it surprise you to find out we aren't even ranked in the top 25 of countries for "freedom"? And guess what...there are more free countries than America that do not have the ugly gun culture we have. I know you want to think that we are the best and we are perfect...but that is not reality. Hell...we aren't even the most "free" when it comes to guns.

I hate to be a stickler....but you do have a source to link on that low ranking among the top 25 nations on matters of freedom, right? I'd really like to see it.

I'm most curious WHICH categories that ranking would be dealing with. It's true that a large % of nations around the world do have firearms as a legal thing to buy and use.

However, the U.S. isn't the nation with the most freedom? Well....Yemen ranks a hair above an American Federal score of 8.0 on a scale to 10, but we have individual states in the ranking that exceed that.....so in strictly data-based evidence? Yeah, the U.S. IS actually the most free in the world for gun ownership and open use as a general thing. (It's probably our Constitution which makes that difference...Just guessing)

International Gun Rights Index

That page has both the Excel and Open Office formats available to see the world wide data and what made the scores assigned to each nation or political subdivision. It makes for interesting reading and is quite a statement on the TRUE state of freedom in the world today, where firearms are concerned. It ought to surprise people on both sides, albeit for different reasons.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nope. You have no rights to take any property away from me or any other gun owner that is a fact.

You don't know the Constitution very well...it gives me very broad power to do just about anything as long as I can garner enough support for it.

And not a damn thing you can do about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Nope. You have no rights to take any property away from me or any other gun owner that is a fact.

You don't know the Constitution very well...it gives me very broad power to do just about anything as long as I can garner enough support for it.

And not a damn thing you can do about it.

That is only partially true on both points and it always works both ways.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No, it wouldn't surprise me and it wouldn't surprise me if we became dead last after losing our gun rights. What does surprise me is you knowing those statistics and still being in favor of a fascist nanny gun grabbing state.

I also know the stats that show that gun ownership is not a requirement to live in a free and safer society than we have in America.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

An attitude isn't necessary as I DO support everything I say on this site. If it's not actually IN the message I'm saying it in, you need only ask and I'll happily supply the sourcing to whatever statement I've made. That pretty much carries for anything...but especially debates for controversial topics.

I'm one of those raised by a father who was quick to ALWAYS say "prove it" if I made a general statement on much of anything. However trivial. It burned into me the automatic reaction of having sourcing to anything I say. It's just part of the thought process after a time.

NICS Firearm Background Checks - Year 1998 Through 2012 / January 1, 1998 - December 31, 2012

That breaks it down by month and state going back over 10 years. Hope that addresses your need for sourcing to what I've said.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

“Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too ...if they have a gun.”
Eddie Lizard

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

ook at that...another claim that can't be backed up by any proof.

The proof is the NCIS background check and the term "ATF hold".

More proof:

www.nssfblog.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

I also know the stats that show that gun ownership is not a requirement to live in a free and safer society than we have in America.

I don't need them, I'll just refer to a history book that includes the German citizenry being disarmed right before a manacle regime took the country and half of the world over by force killing millions. Sound familiar and possibly slightly relevant?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yeah I do because it does not give you the power to do whatever the hell you want.

That is a fact in a constitutional republic as this nation was founded as no persons rights superceed another.

That does not give you the power to take anything away from me.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Awe liberal tactic number 2, insult someone else with opposing points of view because their data is incorrect

Nice going facist

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I hate to be a stickler....but you do have a source to link on that low ranking among the top 25 nations on matters of freedom, right? I'd really like to see it.

I'm most curious WHICH categories that ranking would be dealing with. It's true that a large % of nations around the world do have firearms as a legal thing to buy and use.

Correction...not in the top 15...not top 25.

Here is your source..it is for "democracy ranking"...ranked 17.

graphics.eiu.com...

Other sources place us at 15 and 12

morallowground.com...
www.worldaudit.org...

Bottom line is that we are not the best or brightest in ANY category...except for negative ones like

However, the U.S. isn't the nation with the most freedom? Well....Yemen ranks a hair above an American Federal score of 8.0 on a scale to 10, but we have individual states in the ranking that exceed that.....so in strictly data-based evidence? Yeah, the U.S. IS actually the most free in the world for gun ownership and open use as a general thing.

No it's not...you even admit that Yemen is more free...and Afganistan having no laws at all on guns is probably the most free.

I dont' care if you want to say that the US is 2nd or 3rd...but you can't say they are 1st...because that is just flat out wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

An attitude isn't necessary as I DO support everything I say on this site. If it's not actually IN the message I'm saying it in, you need only ask and I'll happily supply the sourcing to whatever statement I've made. That pretty much carries for anything...but especially debates for controversial topics.

I'm one of those raised by a father who was quick to ALWAYS say "prove it" if I made a general statement on much of anything. However trivial. It burned into me the automatic reaction of having sourcing to anything I say. It's just part of the thought process after a time.

NICS Firearm Background Checks - Year 1998 Through 2012 / January 1, 1998 - December 31, 2012

Seriously appreciate the link rabbit, but not sure if it is showing what you think it is showing?

NICS last year for
Alabama 431,356
California 1,132,603

But Alabama has a population of 4,800,000
California?....38,000,000

That means that if we assume a NCIS was run for every purchase...

then in Alabama 1 gun was purchased last year for every 11 people

and in California one gun was purchased for every 34 people..

So while twice as many guns were sold in CA than AL ...3 times as many guns were sold in Alabama...per person?

edit on 12-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join