It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Artificial Earthquake Detected in North Korea

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I would just LOVE IT if everyone could get along peacefully.

Believe me...It would both cut down on my travel time as well as keep me out of the F@#%!&$ DESERT! Which I absolutely hate!

Thing is...people ARE crazy.

You have to understand that North Korean Leadership has killed more of their own people than all the other countries that have gone to war against the North. The blood on the hands of the North Korean Leaders is counted in the Multiple Millions of Lives.

Even though the U.S. is not perfect...it must be noted that there is no other country on Earth that even comes CLOSE to the amount of AID in the nature of Food, Medical, Fresh Water, Blankets, Tents, Schools, Public Works Prodjects...you name it...that the United States gives to needing countries around the world.

It must also be noted that when major disasters strike such as the Indonisian Tsunami as well as the recent Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan...the U.S. Military and Navy were lauded by Japan and many other Pacific Rim and Indian Ocean lining Countries that were given Aid in the form of those supplies earlier listed as well as in Japan...the Japanese people forced their own government to stop legislation which would have required the U.S. Nuclear Carrier Group to leave it's station in Japan as this Carrier Group was able to help thousands of injured and trapped Japanese in rural areas unreachable to their own Governments emergency forces.

The people of Japan lauded the work of the U.S. Navy and various U.S. Canine units used to find burried survivors.

So when you make statements about how the U.S. is bad this and bad that...take a look at what it would be like without the U.S. and U.S. Military. The Japanese and Indonisians are certainly glad they were there.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

A what if , say DPRK does put a nuke on their new missile the one they said, they launched a sat from , and send it heading for Ca, with say a 15k war head, 21 k just to be fair a what if scale www.carloslabs.com...
lets see what Sacramento Ca looks like?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by wondermost

If I was a betting man..... i would put up a hundred that they Iran will an other 50 saying DPRK did the test for them, at the same time DPRK tested theirs.

Do they have supply chains with each other that could hide nuclear material? Or did you mean they tested the design for them?

Either way I wouldn't be surprised either..

live.reuters.com...

***Russia condemns the test strongly..
** US and South Korea agree on swift unified UN action
***BRITISH FOREIGN SECRETARY HAGUE "STRONGLY" CONDEMNS NORTH KOREAN NUCLEAR TEST

edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Should i be surprised at Russia "strongly" condemning this? To be honest, i'm not so sure of who has whom's back in the current world wrastleing affair. lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Rab...they are still using one of the two basic designs. The one being the Uranium Gun Barrel design which has to be a certain length and width. They do not have Plutonium as far as I know so they are not using a smaller Implosion Design and the Gun Barrel design for Plutonium is impractically long.

Thus...this Fission Bomb can only be so small given the Fuel and other issues they must deal with.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost

Should i be surprised at Russia "strongly" condemning this? To be honest, i'm not so sure of who has whom's back in the current world wrastleing affair. lol.

I know right? Russia seems to be against North Korea, but who knows these days?
I sure don't.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It would be shot down by one of several Aegis destroyers before it got halfway across the Sea of Japan. ICBMs (or really any ballistic missiles from NK) are not something we need to worry about at this juncture.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Could Iran have delivered plutonium to them for the test? Iran recently removed fuel from a reactor for "Safety reasons" Another poster brought up that Plutonium could be made in those reactors off the Uranium, and then scrubbed off the uranium fuel through some process..

I have very little understanding of this.

link   
Haven't read too far into the thread yet, But RSOE has said it is a suspected nuclear detonation underground. going to read some more.

link   

What no China well i thought they would be the first, sarcasm,m i doubt they will say anything, time to show true colors china .

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

They can't place their weapon on their missile as it is too big and too heavy. Plus the piece of S#!% Missile that they call an ICBM is so inacurate that a study done stated that even if it worked good enough to fly the distance from North Korea to the U.S. Mainland...there was only a 1 in 50 chance the thing would actually hit the U.S. as many scenarios had it coming down in Canada or the Pacific off the shores of Canada or Washington State or even one where it flew over the North Pole and hit Green land. LOL!

Never mind that this missile would most likely be shot down by either a U.S. SM-3 ABM/ASAT or vaporised by the Land Based FEL in Alaska.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spark9576

A pre lude to WWIII

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Highground

all it would take is one, got to ask your self this would the US risk full out WW3 over one nuke?, Cunning is DPRK , clever is the snake, for he will strike when one least expects it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I just assume at some point Iran's gonna hit Russia over the head with a steel chair and announce the formation of the tag-team juggernaut Irankor. Who knows though, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yeah...THAT'S not going to happen.

As it is Iran has to and has built tens of thousands of centrifuges just to get enough Weapons Grade Uranium to build a single bomb.

p.s....Plutonium is NOT an isotopse of Uranium. It is a different Element all together.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I remember talking to some North Koreans that had escaped over the freedom bridge I met one that was smuggled out and every once in a while a soldier defects this before they had nukes but they had hoped that one day the US would invade NK to liberate them. The North Korean soldiers that are stationed on the border all have families and if they defect their family’s lives are forfeit. There was only one that I had met that defected and his family died in an industrial accident days before he crossed the border otherwise he would have never had done it. There are incidents on the DMZ every month but you hardly ever hear about it. You will usually only hear about it if US troops are involved. They said if we did the people wouldn’t even fight that they were horribly oppressed and starved. Now that they have nukes that possibility is nil the people there are powerless to take back their country. I don’t blame the North Koreans I blame their leaders I feel sorry for the people I heard that the suicide rate there is phenomenal.
FREEDOM BRIDGE

The nicest city in all of North Korea but no one lives there we called it propaganda city. It was said that if you could get a 1inch by 1inch square of that flag there was a 10 million dollar reward. No one has ever collected. That town was directly over the boarder notice the striped land on the South side it is a nature preserve. There is a lot of history about the DMZ and it is worth the read. The people that live in the town on the South side have a curfew but they enjoy free land and many privileges most Koreans don’t have. The people are very nice. One huge downside is that NK blast propaganda over loud speakers 24/7 we all had loud stereos to drown it out.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Are you their to say how big it is?? you do know they stole or have a copy of the W88 don't ya? well =here is the info on an 88 nuclearweaponarchive.org... from the link W88/Mk-5 Warhead/Reentry Vehicle Package Yield 475 Kt
Weight

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I think there are those who are more worried that NK would load one into one of their subs as a delivery device and hold the subs families as hostage that is what they do to the soldiers they had stationed on the DMZ.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If you think they have built this but can't even design a proper Nuclear Trigger or properly calculate the explosives detonation for implosion or calibrate the proper alignment and distance for the Gun Barrel design...you are fooling yourself.

Yeah...they can build this but they can't even obtain proper critical mass.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

always thought it would be Kor-an... well i like yours better big Puppet pulls little Puppets strings, Iran has what DPRK needs DPRK has what Iran needs.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Well...to do that they would have to either cut open the sub to get it in or build a sub around this thing.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join