It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Artificial Earthquake Detected in North Korea

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Dustytoad

I am aware of this but they can neither make enough of Weapons Grade Plutonium this way nor do they have the proper expertise to develop the Implosion Design Plutonium Bomb as if Plutonium is used in the Gun Barrel design it needs a VERY LONG barrel and is not viable.

These guy's can't even properly calibrate the Uranium Gun Barrel design which is the easiest to build.

Split Infinity

You don't know this.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

We know where every single hidden Iranian site is.

This tech was requested by the U.K. for monitering the Olympics. It is highly advanced and is sensitive enough to detect Radioactive Laundry from a Hospital.

I would think that they could easily detect Nuclear Subs as they can detect subs in general from orbit using magnotometers and Gravitic sensors.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I highly doubt they have a reliable nuclear ICBM system in place now, but one has to ask how much longer that will really take. Still, I would venture to say that intercepting and destroying one or more ICBM's launched against us is well within our capabilities.

But still, do they assume MAD doesnt apply to them, maybe because they share a landmass with S. Korea? They have to know we would hit them back hard one way or another, and we would be justified(for once).
edit on 12-2-2013 by Gtr003121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

One thing I have learned over the years...where ever you find someone at the Pentagon screaming...we need to counter this! You find a Military appropriations bill awaiting.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Depends on the quality. The good stuff smells like stuffed cabbage.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

This is not my assessment. It is the NSA and CIA's

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

your right they have not if anything they DPRK's RnD, in to missiles and war heads, if proved, would make all concerned.. heads spin as to how fast the DPRK have come to making Ca a waist land, www.globalsecurity.org... from this link

During the investigation into alleged Chinese espionage against the US nuclear weapons programs, it was disclosed that modern US hydrogen bombs use a non-spherical core. This is apparently a key technique in building miniaturized warheads. Two-point detonation is used on warheads like the W88. The W-88 has a non-spherical primary [the fission atomic trigger], a configuration first used in the W47. The primary is situated in the nosecone's narrow forward end [an arrangement used previously in some but not all American warheads]. The lithium fuel of the secondary has a spherical shape.
and then

cns.miis.edu...

By 1989, a number of factors converged and prompted the DPRK leadership to establish comprehensive, long-term requirements for the ballistic missile program. These factors included:

the end of the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war, which allowed resources previously engaged in Hwasong 5 production to be refocused on other projects;

the DPRK’s desire to strike at targets in the southernmost sections of the ROK and at US bases in Japan;

the DPRK’s desire to eventually develop a true strategic missile force capable of striking US targets throughout East Asia and the continental United States;

the increase in international prestige associated with the acquisition and production of ballistic missiles, which held a strong allure for the DPRK leadership;

the legacy of the “War of the Cities” combined with ongoing Iraqi missile developments (e.g., al-Abbas, al-Abid, etc.), which led to Iranian interest in missiles with greater range than the Hwasong 5; and

The DPRK’s long-standing involvement with Egypt in an effort to produce an improved R-17E.
add them together then throw in the number of war heads DPRK might have 9-12 can you say... Ca glows or even Hawaii

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

This is not my assessment. It is the NSA and CIA's

Split Infinity

I don't think they know that either.. But I understand neither of us can prove it either way.. I just never understood why they were worried in the first place until now. More of the pieces make sense to me.. Seems like less of a conspiracy and more of a real issue.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The extent of U.S. Missile Defense in the Pacific as well as U.S. ground and Air based Missile Defense is extensive. Add to this the two operational FEL's in Alasca and Canada and we have a very good shield.

Anywhere from 10 to 30 ICBM's incoming could be handled. If they had countermeasures then it becomes ify.

This will change in the very near future with the instalation of Free Electron Laser on all U.S. Carriers and Aegis Cruisers.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Look...we are all up in arms about North Korea and rightly so...still...they have YET to have a sucessful nuclear test as all tests so far have not achieved proper critical mass.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gtr003121

seems to me there was a statement made about DPRK not being able to launch a Missile able to carry a Sat until 2017 , well it is 2013 and they did it , yea ok the Sat is malfunction according to US, DPRK says it is doing what it is to do,what ever that is , but the main thing is their missile worked , even though some thought it would not www.asiapacificglobal.com...

December 12th, 2012 by Asia-Pacific Global Research Group - Jasper Kim
inShare4

North Korea’s Launch a Surprise:

As of yesterday, the consensus was that the DPRK’s Eunha 3 (Galaxy) ballistic missile was being dismantled due to a “technical” problem. This was a relatively easy-to-accept narrative, given North Korea’s four previous similar, but failed, missile launch attempts in 1998, 2006, 2009, and April 2012. But to the surprise of most in the international community, this morning the world saw evidence of a potentially concerning possibly “game changing” event – in the form of the DPRK’s first successful intercontinental ballistic missile launch. This clearly shows just how truly little the world knows about one of the world’s most closed and secretive states.
DPRK gets one bowl of kimchi off, any one need towel??

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Think about this...let's just say for ha ha's that the North was able and does launch an ICBM at the main land U.S.

How far do you think this thing will get before being shot down?

The U.S. Navy destroyed a specific area of a failing U.S. Satellite...the Hydrazine Tank at orbital distance going between 14,000 and 16,000 miles per hour. It was a direct hit.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Well, I do know they claim to have found a unicorn cave.

If they have harnessed the power of the unicorn, and the glorious leader is Man of The Year....

I'm with you. N. Korea is definitely one to worry about.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone brought this yet...

RT

Who can blame them for setting a hot defensive posture? You might too if a foreign aggressor nation occupied half of your country, imposed sanctions (read that "siege measures"). They surely have precedence that their freedom is borderline. That like other nations in the US spotlight (like North and South Vietnam, North and South Yemen) in the past have had something to worry about... no?

Now who has pause to reflect on tactics?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Well, I do know they claim to have found a unicorn cave.

If they have harnessed the power of the unicorn, and the glorious leader is Man of The Year....

I'm with you. N. Korea is definitely one to worry about.

If you read my posts correctly I never claimed anything and even said they are probably spreading propaganda..
So nope you are not with me.

Did you want to post something on topic?

My discussion with split infinity produced a lot of good info did it not? Do I have to agree with a certain drive I am going down, or could I be playing both sides to maximize my new understandings? Helped me focus my research while presenting sources to the community.

My post history says I am an "Iranian apologist" I think they call it. Not the type to be scared of North Korea.

I was supposed to be 14E Patriot Missile Fire Control before my early discharge. This topic interests me on that basis. Knowing a few things I agree with Split, but I'm a Scorpio so I have to dig deeper.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

what if the new test says yes they have reached this point, would you then say yes they are areal threat to the west coast or US and Japan here is some good reading , www.fas.org... and this www.globalsecurity.org... what was thought to be a non working nor threatening Missile turned out to be working after all www.globalsecurity.org... we all know the rest

on December 11th, 2012 at 6:18 pm
North Korea Launches Rocket from Dongchang-ri Launch Site, UPDATE: Rocket Launch May Have Been A Success
in: Featured,North Korea

NOTE: Updates as they become available are being provided below.

KBS is reporting that North Korea has launched their long range rocket today:

North Korea has launched a long-range rocket. A South Korean official says the North fired the Eunha-3 rocket from a launch site at Dongchang-ri, Cheolsan County, North Pyeongan Province at 9:51 a.m. Wednesday.

The official said South Korean and American intelligence authorities are tracking the trajectory of the rocket and trying to confirm whether the launch is a success or a failure.

North Korea claims the rocket launch is aimed at putting a satellite into orbit, but South Korea and the United States believe that the rocket launch is a cover for a long-range
do i need to say it... ICBM, from this link rokdrop.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

To be honest I don’t see NK trying to directly strike the US and I don’t think their missile program is in very good shape but they are advancing. Japan is most definitely a target they hold more of a grudge against them than us and they wouldn’t be as ostracized by china if they struck at Japan. Most of Asia has some deep seated hatred against Japan. But as I said NK using a sub has been a concern for years especially because it could go undetected until it made it to its target. They are not suicidal (the soldiers) however they work under reward punishment system reward their family for carrying out a mission or murder their entire family if they did not. I have heard many horror stories from defected North Koreans which have only made me feel sorry for the citizens.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

well funny you should say that from DPRK own words abcnews.go.com... from the link

North Korea says it has successfully tested a miniaturized nuclear device Tuesday, according to state media.

A large tremor measured at magnitude 4.9 was detected in North Korea and governments in the region scrambled to determine whether it was a nuclear test that the North Korean regime has vowed to carry out despite international protests.

Official state media said the test was conducted in a safe manner and is aimed at coping with "outrageous" U.S. hostility that "violently" undermines the North's peaceful, sovereign rights to launch satellites. Unlike previous tests, North Korea used a powerful explosive nuclear bomb that is smaller and lighter, state media reported.

President Obama called the test "a highly provocative act" in a statement Tuesday morning.

"The danger posed by North Korea's threatening activities warrants further swift and credible action by the international community. The United States will also continue to take steps necessary to defend ourselves and our allies,"Obama said.
in other words... this means war.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am not so sure about the satellite system for two main reasons. 1 NYC actively patrols harbors and freight systems scanning for radiation signatures and they have top of the line equipment if satellites were as accurate as you say they wouldn’t be as much of a need. 2 The US would let Pakistan know how futile their cat and mouse game is playing shuffleboard with their mobile nukes which would cut down on the risk of them losing one to terrorists.

Next time I talk to my cousin I will ask a general question about it because he is some kind of overseer of our satellite program for the DOD if anyone should know he should. That is just for my peace of mind. However the two reasons I listed tell me the satellites are in no way full proof.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join