It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Artificial Earthquake Detected in North Korea

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Hell...even their kimchi sucks! LOL!

South Korea uses oysters and shrimp in theirs!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You have copied what was said in the first Russia test and see where they are at now or the first time Chinas set theirs off, of Pakistan and India. we must not fool our selves , as to think they are foolish or weak in the testing we did it in 3, one if you want to get technical

edit on 12-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Or build it inside.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Dustytoad

p.s....Plutonium is NOT an isotopse of Uranium. It is a different Element all together.

Split Infinity

P.S. I never said it was an isotope.. I was only asking a question. When I said Plutonium could be made inside Iranian Nuclear reactors I wasn't just saying it..

You may wish to understand what I was talking about before you pretend to know anymore though..

My Main question is could Iran TRANSPORT it to North Korea without anyone knowing?

US National regulatory commision Fact Sheet on Plutonium

Source of Plutonium

Plutonium is created by the absorption of neutrons by uranium. Plutonium was first made in large quantities in the World War II Manhattan Project for use in atomic bombs. Because it is fissionable, it also can be used, under different circumstances, as fuel for reactors. Present day light water reactors create plutonium as the uranium fissions (splitting of atoms). Some of the neutrons released during the fissioning of uranium interact with yet other uranium atoms to form, plutonium. Some of this plutonium created in the fuel of the reactor core is itself fissioned thereby helping to sustain the chain reaction of splitting atoms. The plutonium which does not fission by the end of the core's life remains in the fuel rod.

Understand now?

I brought this up in relation to a BBC article

BBC Nov. 16th 2012

Nuclear fuel had also been removed from the core of the nuclear reactor at Bushehr without a reason being given by Iran, the IAEA added.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I have no doubt that eventually...unless something is done...they will design one that can go atop a missile...just not now as they are several years if not close to a decade behind from doing that at least....properly.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

There are more kinds of kimchi than I can count I never liked that stuff I would only eat it after drinking lots of soju.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Or build it inside.

That would present some issues as a sub rocks with the sea or even in dry dock the ability to do certain things would present issues for that size a weapon.

It's not like they have the current ability to make a Nuke that comes apart and can be reassembled.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's official.

North Korean state media has confirmed the country has successfully conducted a nuclear test after weeks of threats.

abc.net.au

They've tested before, I don't think they have the technology or the knowledge to strap a nuke onto a ICBM.

What happened today was a publicity stunt, and a thinly veiled threat to the U.N. Betting agencies probably already have odds as who will shout 'sanction' first.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Sorry if I offended you. It wasn't my intention.

As for no one knowing...unlikely.

In 2005...U.S. Space Command placed into orbit several new Nuclear Fuel Detection Satellites of which I have been told are capable of locating a few pounds of Radioactive Fuel even if it is encased in a Lead Box.

This is done by some form of detection of the Quantum Vibrationary state of any Radiation shielding container.

We would detect it.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Or build it inside.

That would present some issues as a sub rocks with the sea or even in dry dock the ability to do certain things would present issues for that size a weapon.

It's not like they have the current ability to make a Nuke that comes apart and can be reassembled.

Split Infinity

Well it isn’t like we have any idea what their capabilities really are. I know that was enough of a concern years ago to be a priority Intel meeting with M.I. The problem is that gathering Intel on NK is extremely difficult.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

True but I believe the proof is in the pudding. They have yet been able to detonate the total amount of Nuclear Fuel in these tests. That means they still have a ways to go.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I found your previous post insulting because it seems you didn't understand why the 6 party talks about NK were even started..

We were building them a 1000MW light water reactor, as long as they agreed to have IAEA everywhere.. This type of reactor produces plutonium.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1994, North Korea signed the U.S.-North Korea Agreed Framework with the United States. North Korea thereby agreed to end its graphite-moderated nuclear reactor program, including the construction of a 200 MWe power reactor at Taechon, in exchange for the construction of two 1000-MWe light-water reactors at Kumho. Construction of these was started in 2000 by the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization, but was suspended in November 2003.

I now understand why they didn't want Iran or NK to have nuclear power plants.. They produce nuclear weapon material.

Plutonium fact sheet

A 1000 MWe light water reactor gives rise to about 25 tonnes of used fuel a year, containing up to 290 kilograms of plutonium. If the plutonium is extracted from used reactor fuel it can be used as a direct substitute for U-235 in the usual fuel, the Pu-239 being the main fissile part, but Pu-241 also contributing. In order to extract it for recycle, the used fuel is reprocessed and the recovered plutonium oxide is mixed with depleted uranium oxide to produce MOX fuel, with about 8% Pu-239 (this corresponds with uranium enriched to 5% U-235; see page on Mixed Oxide (MOX) Fuel).

Plutonium and weapons

It takes about 10 kilograms of nearly pure Pu-239 to make a bomb. Producing this requires 30 megawatt-years of reactor operation, with frequent fuel changes and reprocessing of the 'hot' fuel. Hence 'weapons-grade' plutonium is made in special production reactors by burning natural uranium fuel to the extent of only about 100 MWd/t (effectively three months),

edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I like the HOT stuff! YUM!

I have tried a lot of it and it tastes a hell of a lot better than it sounds if you know how it's made! LOL!

Split Infinity

link   

This is done by some form of detection of the Quantum Vibrationary state of any Radiation shielding container.

Wait. What? Detecting quantum states from orbit? That's tricky to do in a lab.
Nuclear Fuel Detection Satellites?
So we know all about what Iran has and have for 7 years? Can it track nuclear subs too?
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

You can believe that if you want but I know that the Pentagon is concerned and after this last test I guarantee they are scrambling trying to analyze their capabilities. I doubt there capabilities have declined over the years.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I like the HOT stuff! YUM!

I have tried a lot of it and it tastes a hell of a lot better than it sounds if you know how it's made! LOL!

Split Infinity

Well like I said there are more kinds than one can count I remember walking through the markets where he smell made me gag. I have pictures of them pulling it out of the ground after fermenting and I can tell you the smell was worse than sewage when they opened it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I am aware of this but they can neither make enough of Weapons Grade Plutonium this way nor do they have the proper expertise to develop the Implosion Design Plutonium Bomb as if Plutonium is used in the Gun Barrel design it needs a VERY LONG barrel and is not viable.

These guy's can't even properly calibrate the Uranium Gun Barrel design which is the easiest to build.

Split Infinity

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Wait. What? Detecting quantum states from orbit? That's tricky to do in a lab.
Nuclear Fuel Detection Satellites?
So we know all about what Iran has and have for 7 years? Can it track nuclear subs too?
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Of course the satellites can phage.. That's why:

1:44am
US & Japan launching airborne assets to try to detect traces of radioactive gases from #DPRK #nuclear test.

See?

Sarcastic panda power.

link   
Is North Korea really that advanced to actually pose a threat other than in South Korea and/or Japan? I would be more worried about them testing one right over South Korea more than starting a WWIII, because they would probably be deleted from the face of earth before they even try.

Or am I wrong?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is actually easier than it sounds and is done by Microwave as well as a specialized frequency of radar and as the signal returns a supercomputer does the magic.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join