It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chris rock supports presidents decision on gun control... Just lost my respect for chris rock.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Bad analogies. Boss and Father.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm speechless after watching that video, that was really the worst worded argument I've heard in a long time. He said nothing of substance to support his stance, pretty much "go along with anything the president says". I haven't seen much of him in recent years but aren't comedians usually good at getting their point across? This video made me think if he had put any thought at all into what he was saying, horrible Chris I didn't think you were this mindless. It doesn't matter what the subject is, an opinion should never be this poorly transferred to another thinking being, it's an insult to humanity.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Have you never watched his show? Chris Rock hates white people. He is racist scum.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
*booooo*
how spookie!!!
the president's commands are inevitable or "it'll bite you in the ass".
is this guy trying to make a joke out of this?

"machine men!!!!
with machine minds!!!!
and machine hearts!!!!"

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Totally unbelievable!

I was stunned into silence with the analogies in use. "boss", "dad"... How very, very ignorant. For a supposedly intelligent man, Chris Rock just exposed the fact that he was either being paid (in some fashion) to make this speech, or he really never was that clever.

I suspect it isn't the latter option....

Public Servants should be just that, servants... they get paid a lot of money to serve us. We should not, not EVER, allow these people to have AUTHORITY over us.

The very idea of advocating gun control now, after seeing the ex-cop that's on the loose should be out the window.

start.toshiba.com...

"Of course he knows what he's doing; we trained him. He was also a member of the Armed Forces," he said. "It is extremely worrisome and scary."

When ex-police officers can go on the rampage, just as much as anyone else and they have access to MORE and better fire arms than your average joe, we have a huge problem. Especially if the general populace is disarmed.

I don't like guns, I have said it many times (here on ATS and other places), I think they should be banned one and all (police too), but we have a problem when the evidence is clear that the police we are supposed to be able to trust can just as easily go on the rampage...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I know what I saw yesterday morning, in mister Rock. And his coming out against inalienable rights has suspect timing. I saw a man needing a fix, badly. What sort of person would ride the coat tails of so sloppy a maneuver as sandy hook, just to destroy The Constitution? John Hamm too. They would have been pumping the HIV™ whore too, when hollywood forced everyone who wanted work to do so. If so, any footage is long gone.

Were I forced to wager, I'd bet mister rock owns guns.

Now when do we round up real criminals responsible for the crimes, instead of the hardware involved?
When do we prosecute the actors, the lies, rather than have to digest them, and obey their script?
edit on 8-2-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Why on earth would you suddenly choose not to "enjoy his comedy" (which makes next to no sense at all) over a stupid debate?

I think i'm losing my respect for more and more Americans each day.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Chris Rock is really annoying... never liked him in the first place. I remember watching some of his stand-up comedy shows never laughing.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Just gained respect for Chris Rock.
edit on 8-2-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Black Hollywood will line up behind Obama. It's heresy not to. That said, I'm black Hollywood too, and I've been calling for Obama's impeachment. White liberals won't move against him because of white liberal guilt. In a way, you have to admire Obama and his handlers. The whole thing is a master stroke. Race paralyzes all opposition, and Obama gets to do the elites' bidding, completely protected. Lemme tell ya: Being black and opposing Obama is an untenable position in America right now. Chris knows this, hence this statement. Personally, my eyes are too open to go along.

Obama must be impeached. Right the # now.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
Black Hollywood will line up behind Obama. It's heresy not to. That said, I'm black Hollywood too, and I've been calling for Obama's impeachment. White liberals won't move against him because of white liberal guilt. In a way, you have to admire Obama and his handlers. The whole thing is a master stroke. Race paralyzes all opposition, and Obama gets to do the elites' bidding, completely protected. Lemme tell ya: Being black and opposing Obama is an untenable position in America right now. Chris knows this, hence this statement. Personally, my eyes are too open to go along.

Obama must be impeached. Right the # now.

I'm with you on that. It was a master stroke, they have the majority (sleeping public) in the palms of their hands.
I won't hold my breath waiting for impeachment.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic
Just gained respect for Chris Rock.
edit on 8-2-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

That says quite a bit about you.

Are you going to send Obama a new tie on Father's Day?

Who's your Daddy?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Were I forced to wager, I'd bet mister rock owns guns.

That thought crossed my mind too.

I'd bet that he does too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

No, he is an idiot, if he really believes what he said.

The President is not my 'boss'.

The President is not my 'Dad'.

He gave us an example of what is wrong with our country.

Yes, it wasn't exactly the best of analogies, that's obvious, but does it make him an idiot? No, of course it doesn't, that's just silly. The point he's making is Obama is America's leader, which, as President, he is. That is until he's elected out of office and is no longer president.

I have a strong suspicion you're going down the route you have simply because he said the words that he agree's with Obama on something. Nothing more to it either, unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I, honestly, don't believe that you watched the video.

The video is 41 seconds long. Of course I watched it, It's hardly taking a great deal of time out of my day here.

To try and discredit what I said, simply because I happen to be in favor of him stating his opinion here, in that way is, with all due respect, pretty weak to say the least. I mean to flat out believe I didn't even watch it because I'm stating that he said nothing idiotic, which he never, and that he's in favor of gun control - not an all out ban as some try to claim it as remember - in light of recent events - Is just silly, pointless and is hardly progressive discussion here.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Just lost my respect for chris rock.

You actually had respect for him prior to this?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I bet if it had been Bush, he would've been staunchly against it.

Chris, please be a comedian, that's what your good at, stick to it. Dumb comments about the President being like our father don't really help you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Are you surprised by this? Obama could say that from now on people must walk on their hands after 5PM and he would support it. Why.... well I would tell you but then I might be called a racist and that would hurt my feelings

I LOVE reading between the lines....ha ha ha ha........ yea, we got it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Whether you agree with him or not, he's a celebrity. And we all know most of them will say anything to draw attention to themselves.

IMO there is only one real 'celebrity' that has an opinion worthy of listening, and sadly he is no longer with us.

Rest in peace, Mr Carlin.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

You know, I love how someone loses our respect when they say something we disagree with. Does that mean if they turn out to be right, they should lose all respect for us? Grow up, seriously. Respect is not synonymous with "Like this status if..." Don't treat it like it is.

I respect people for teaching me something, for giving me a reason to continue existing, and for helping me to make tomorrow a better day than today. I don't respect people for having the same opinion as me. You end up like Justin Timberlake in Bad Teacher.
edit on 8-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join