It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chris rock supports presidents decision on gun control... Just lost my respect for chris rock.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Would you be okay if i say your an A** hole for saying that lol?

Ive been called worse

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by undo

I see, did not know Chris Rock held that much power over people, to easily pit them against each other and wipe them in a single day.

you misunderstood me. the comment was that it was silly to lose respect for an artist's work, just because you disagree with him politically. i still think he's hilarous even if i may disagree with him on some subjects. i did not lose respect for him as a result of his comments. they are perplexing comments, however. the point i was trying to make was, that losing respect for someone because you have a difference of opinion is small fries compared to some of the things past dictators have done to people that disagreed with them.
edit on 8-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I understand that you used a comparison, but what you compared maybe a bit too intense?

People usually compare apples and oranges and paint them the same when there is an ulterior motive.

Not saying you do, but that a common pattern. thus my reply!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

the common pattern is that his behavior is characteristic of a person who is paying homage to an overlord or dictator or pope or pharaoh, not a president of the usa. and it was almost like he was in the penalty box, and to redeem himself for whatever it was he did to displease them, he had to get up on stage and pledge child-like obeisance. it's very odd. you must admit.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by ElOmen

He makes himself sound like a total idiot
I know he aint that stupid. sellout hollyawood scum

Let's be fair, he's not an idiot and nothing he said there was really idiotic at all. Next, he's allowed to have an opinion for goodness sake, there's no need to attack him because you disagree with the President and he happens to agree with him on this one issue.

He's a pretty out-spoken individual, that I'm safe in saying here, and I'm pretty damn sure that if he disagreed with him on something, he'd say so, and quite publicly too. As other's have. I believe he has also in the past. But, like I said, he's more than entitled to agree with him on a few thing's too. In no way shape or form does it make him an idiot here and in no way does he deserve to be attacked like that either.

In all honesty I think my respect for him goes up a notch here if anything and not because I agree or believe anything, but because I just wish more people here would actually stop and think about thing's and come to a conclusion on whether they agree or not, instead of just flat out completely rejecting and or denying it just because of whom it may have come from. In other words yes, he agrees with something the President said, but come on, not literally every single thing the president says or does is bad, same for every other human being. End of. We're a species of thinkers and also individuals with opinions, yet more and more It seem's like we're taking a rather large step backward with these thing's and just continuing on with life blindly, some of ATS included. Sad. It's a complete lack of progress.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

hmmm...

something has gone awry with you RA since you became a moderator.

put your trust and faith in authority because some clown says so?

i was suspicious of you before when in all your searchings and writings
you never considered the fact that the jfk assassination was staged (like 9/11).

i remain suspicious.

this website is slowly but surely showing its true colours.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

In a world where people respected each other until there was a reason to not give respect. A much better world than today.

You are confusing the term "mutual respect", with the word "respect". In regard to a person, "Merriam-Webster" offers two definitions:
1) an act of giving particular attention

2) high or special regard

What makes you feel that Chris Rock is deserving of "particular attention", or "special regard"?

And disagreeing with someone was NOT a reason to lose respect.

Why not? Racists and bigots are of the opinion that they are superior to others because of their own race or ethnicity. Because I DISAGREE with that opinion, I have, ABSOLUTELY, NO RESPECT for them.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Nothing went awry with RA. He is just not looking at it thru political fan base eyes. It was an opinion of a comedian. Nothing more.

Only people who have issue with it are clearly speaking with their political ideologies.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

it was a political statement, referencing a political issue and a political leader. how do you not address it without discussing the politics of it?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't think arguing over whether he's funny or not has anything to do with this post. IMO listening to him is as painful as a swift kick to groin...see now I'm drawn into it.

For him to refer Obama as 'boss' is naive, to say the least. Surely an 'outspoken' and 'intelligent' man would know that the prez is just a pawn.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Its more of a "the other team guy said something awful and supported a leader we hate.. how can we make this seem political but attack on the other party just because they are a party we hate" lol

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Its more of a "the other team guy said something awful and supported a leader we hate.. how can we make this seem political but attack on the other party just because they are a party we hate" lol

Fricken sad isn't it? And it's invaded ATS. :shk:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

well, i think that there are democrats that don't agree with the gun policy too. i'm not a fan of guns, but i still believe in the rights of other people to bear arms. right now, there are an awful lot of racists in the democratic party who have just traded in racism against blacks for racism against whites. people like chris who get rich (or wealthy hehe) from criticizing white people as a race, don't really instill confidence in his motives. and people who defend that type of behavior are defending racism, the kind of racism they claim they don't support. it's a weird phenomena.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

hmmm...

something has gone awry with you RA since you became a moderator.

Bringing my moderatorship into thing's.. Well, that's an immediate argument loss but I'll carry on nonetheless.

put your trust and faith in authority because some clown says so?

..And yet I never once hinted or claimed such a thing. What I am saying however is we can't exactly go onto hate or lose respect for Chris Rock just because he happens to agree with Obama on something. At the end of the day Obama is another person like you and me, in no way shape or form is he going to be wrong or misguided on literally every single thing and to claim/believe as such is madness. End of, this is a fact. Just because he is president that doesn't mean we have to hate every single thing he says and or does. Same goes for all "World leaders" etc.

As you and others seem to have completely missed it, my main, original argument here is highlighting the nature or how we on ATS absolutely chastise those who blindly follow and believe yet at the same time, many here, not all, blindly refuse to follow and believe creating the exact same problem, the only difference is it's just on the other end of the spectrum. I challenge everyone out there to actually think for themselves a bit more regardless of who is saying what. If it happens to come from Obama and you agree with it, so be it. Del with that. Just the same as if you disagree too.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp, It's really quite simple. Just think for yourself and stop being so blind, whether it's blindly refusing to believe or blindly believing.

i was suspicious of you before when in all your searchings and writings
you never considered the fact that the jfk assassination was staged (like 9/11).

i remain suspicious.

Yes, because I don't believe the assassination of JFK was a staged event, thus was a faked event, I'm to be seen in a suspicious light. This makes absolute sense...

edit on 8-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Comedian make fun of all races(Russel Peters), is a good guy for that, nobody takes that serious. I actually think making fun of stereotypes actually breaks the walls between different people.

Heck i would still laugh if white guy makes fun of black guys, only difference is, there is a uneasiness behind it due to the history. It happens among my group of friends, who are pretty much Indians(india), Asians, whites and blacks, we make fun of each other all the time.

General public is still living in the old era, heck, people born in 1940s are still alive.

Time is the healer! Time moves on!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

i love russel peters and due to this thread i went and watched a few chris rock videos. he's very racist but also very funny. i knew he was funny but hadn't seen any of his stand up. anyway don't you think it's weird that he felt he had to warn people that if they didn't listen to the boss/dad, it could come back to bite them in the arse later? that's an odd thing to say.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As a comedian, I have not lost respect for Chris Rock, his stand up and movies are just as funny as they always have been and will continue to be.

As an individual I have indeed lost some respect for Chris Rock, nothing he said in my mind alludes a sense of individualism or even hinted at independent thought. I have zero respect for anyone that does not practice what they preach present and past presidents included, or anyone that seems incapable of breaking party lines to show independent thought processes. Bush was not my boss or my father, Obama is not my boss or my father. Anyone who thinks the president is our boss is already sliding down the slope to subserviance. Welcome to slavery in the 21st century, hope you have enjoyed the ride.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Damn,
I thought Chris Rock was a lot smarter than that! What a waste! I had him in that George Carlin class of comedians but I see I was wrong. Mindless Drone is right. Sell out.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dreammerchant

Two thumbs up for Bruce Willis.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What about when Bush was president should we have acted the same way? I'm glad we didn't or the country would probably be worse off. What rock said is what's wrong with the majority of america! I haven't ever owned a gun and I've only been hunting/ shooting maybe 8 times (never been my idea) so the gun laws aren't going to really effect me but even I can see this is just the start of a all out ban. If I'm not mistaken since 2006 the amount of deaths caused by rifles have gone down and are only responsible for a little over 300 deaths a year in 2011. I just wish the republicans and democrats would come to a agreement that republicans would back off on abortions and democrats would back off gun control.

FBI 2006-2010 stats

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreammerchant
Damn,
I thought Chris Rock was a lot smarter than that! What a waste! I had him in that George Carlin class of comedians but I see I was wrong. Mindless Drone is right. Sell out.

Have you seen what Carlin has said about this issue for decades? He wasn't a proponent for the 2nd.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join