It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chris rock supports presidents decision on gun control... Just lost my respect for chris rock.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by intrepid
So if one has a different opinion then they are not to be respected? Wow. What a frickin world we live in. :shk:

Some opinions are stupid.

That's YOUR opinion.

Do you think that his statement that 'The President is our boss' connects with reality? The President may be the boss if you work for the Federal Government... but Chris Rock isn't on the federal payroll.....

Or is he???

Have you ever heard of Allegory?

In allegory a message is communicated by means of symbolic figures, actions or symbolic representation. Allegory is generally treated as a figure of rhetoric; a rhetorical allegory is a demonstrative form of representation conveying meaning other than the words that are spoken.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i think they are trying to say that he is messiah returned or finally, depending on if you're jewish or not. according to revelation if he is messiah returned, he has to have white hair, white head, glowing red eyes and a robe of red, which is why popes dress like that cause they are trying to copy what they think jesus would look like if he was already here. not being racist, mind you, but wouldn't that be a shock if it turned out jesus wasn't just white but white as white hair? with glowing red eyes, he'd look like something out of a scifi.

link   
Rock says President Obama is like our "FATHER" and our "BOSS"...and we should respect and obey our President.
And yet, compair that view to how he talks about ANOTHER recent President:
www.youtube.com...

Chris Rock is just another clueless, hypocritical, Hollywood 'Limousine Liberal'.

link   
reply to post by luciddream

He is all of a sudden a bad comedian because of his comment???

No, hes just a bad comedian.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Obama is the POTUS. That is the highest official position of power any one man can hold in America. If our believing in that is pathetic, then you are obviously not American.

I didn't here Chris Rock say that. I heard him say that Obama is our 'boss'. I heard him say that the President and First Lady are my Dad and Mom.

Obama is not my boss, GW Bush was not my boss, Bill Clinton was not my boss, and George HW Bush was not my boss.
During my time in the military, Ronald Reagan actually was my boss for a period of time.

None of them are my 'Dad' and no First Ladies are my 'Mommy'.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

And you're a bad cook. Does that affect your right to have a say on your local educational board? I'm not seeing your point here.
edit on 8-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yes, I have.

Do you think that is what he was spinning for us?

If you think that we need this sort of fairytale spun for us, likening the POTUS and First Lady to our parents, you need a dictator in your world.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It surprises me that anyone had any respect for Chris Rock to begin with.

The guy wasn't that good on SNL, his movies are terrible, and he uses teams of writers to compile his stand up material. To think that Chris Rock, during that speech, said anything that was of his own thinking is just silly.

Why are we giving any prudence to what he says about politics anyway? The guy supported Michael Vick after he was caught slaughtering animals.

Chris Rock says outrage over dog fighting is "forced"

"Dogfighting's very prevalent in the South," Rock said. Rock also pointed out that we hunt, and many people consider that wrong.
"Why is a dog so much better than a deer?" Rock asked. "I see no difference between a dog and a deer."

I say who cares what he has to say. The guy is full of hot air and is only looking for attention.

link   

Yes, I have.

If you think that we need this sort of fairytale spun for us, likening the POTUS and First Lady to our parents, you need a dictator in your world.

Thanks. I've already got one. So basically you did care for the message then? Would it have been better if he eluded to Obama as the Anti-Christ then?

link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

And you're a bad cook. Does that affect your right to have a say on your local educational board? I'm not seeing your point here.
edit on 8-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

How do you know what kind of cook I am?
My point was, hes a bad comedian but I wasnt even replying to you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

How do you know what kind of cook I am?
My point was, hes a bad comedian but I wasnt even replying to you.

But I am still talking to you. What kind of cook you are has no bearing on your political views. That's my point.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So is Chris getting rid of his bodyguards, or are his bodyguards just getting rid of their guns?

Just proves my point that some adults never move on without their "mommy and daddy".

Idiot.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So if one has a different opinion then they are not to be respected? Wow. What a frickin world we live in.

In the the World that I grew up in, respect was earned! What "frickin world" did you grow up in?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
In the the World that I grew up in, respect was earned! What "frickin world" did you grow up in?

See ya,
Milt

In a world where people respected each other until there was a reason to not give respect. A much better world than today. And disagreeing with someone was NOT a reason to lose respect.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

See ya,
Milt

In a world where people respected each other until there was a reason to not give respect. A much better world than today. And disagreeing with someone was NOT a reason to lose respect.

sadly, disagreeing with somebody can be worse than losing respect for example, stalin killed people for disagreeing with him. he even killed people for the heckuvait. he had everybody so scared, they were even afraid to have normal conversations with each other. can you imagine? i can't, and i don't want to either. ty anyway.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
p.s. chris rock is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If you watched the video, why do you keep claiming he that he expressed an opinion? He did NOT do so! He only expressed unconditional love. There is a HUGE difference!

See ya,
Milt

He did no such thing. He said he supported Obama. Said he was like "Dad and you gotta listen to Dad."

Well... That's only your opinion. And... I disagree!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I see, did not know Chris Rock held that much power over people, to easily pit them against each other and wipe them in a single day.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yes, I have.

Thanks. I've already got one. So basically you did care for the message then? Would it have been better if he eluded to Obama as the Anti-Christ then?
Actually, he could have just stated that he didn't think that any of us needed to own guns and that we should all be disarmed, in his opinion.

Instead, he let loose with stupid crap.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by luciddream

He is all of a sudden a bad comedian because of his comment???

No, hes just a bad comedian.

i DISAGREE but i RESPECT your OPINION.

See how easy that was?

Would you be okay if i say your an A** hole for saying that lol?
edit on 2/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join