It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chris rock supports presidents decision on gun control... Just lost my respect for chris rock.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He makes himself sound like a total idiot
I know he aint that stupid. sellout hollywood scum

m.usatoday.com...
edit on 7-2-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I clicked on this thread expecting to read or watch what Chris had to say and then call you a gun nut.

Unbelievably I actually agree with what you said.

That was absolutely pathetic, He basically just told people he was a mindless drone and that they should be as well.

Im no longer a Chris Rock fan

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

He makes himself sound like a total idiot
I know he aint that stupid. sellout hollyawood scum

Let's be fair, he's not an idiot and nothing he said there was really idiotic at all. Next, he's allowed to have an opinion for goodness sake, there's no need to attack him because you disagree with the President and he happens to agree with him on this one issue.

He's a pretty out-spoken individual, that I'm safe in saying here, and I'm pretty damn sure that if he disagreed with him on something, he'd say so, and quite publicly too. As other's have. I believe he has also in the past. But, like I said, he's more than entitled to agree with him on a few thing's too. In no way shape or form does it make him an idiot here and in no way does he deserve to be attacked like that either.

In all honesty I think my respect for him goes up a notch here if anything and not because I agree or believe anything, but because I just wish more people here would actually stop and think about thing's and come to a conclusion on whether they agree or not, instead of just flat out completely rejecting and or denying it just because of whom it may have come from. In other words yes, he agrees with something the President said, but come on, not literally every single thing the president says or does is bad, same for every other human being. End of. We're a species of thinkers and also individuals with opinions, yet more and more It seem's like we're taking a rather large step backward with these thing's and just continuing on with life blindly, some of ATS included. Sad. It's a complete lack of progress.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Are you surprised by this? Obama could say that from now on people must walk on their hands after 5PM and he would support it. Why.... well I would tell you but then I might be called a racist and that would hurt my feelings

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Pure conditioned vomit coming from his mouth!!

"Like the Boss, mommy and daddy"
What a $&@! Idiot

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

No, he is an idiot, if he really believes what he said.

The President is not my 'boss'.

The President is not my 'Dad'.

He gave us an example of what is wrong with our country.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Bruce Willis is supporting the 2nd and has been quite vocal recently

Google search
www.google.co.uk...=bruce+willis+constitution&hl=en&client=safari&tbo= d&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=Z0IUUdrwA-Sa0QWfjoGQBQ&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&bvm=bv.42080656,d.d2k&fp=d60c0f456cb592b5&biw=1024&bih=672

There is some hope among Hollywood types

Hmmm president Bruce ?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I will respectively disagree. Chris Rock is an idiot because he obviously does not have a clue as to how our government works! Obama is OUR public servant, not a damn BOSS!

To hear him talk, and for anyone to agree with him, makes me think, that apparently is is now envogue in the United States of America to worship a dictator.......

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Another celebrity with a worthless opinion.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
He has made his feelings known before in regards to "bullet control"

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Dont get me wrong i still think hes a funny guy, he just needs to get his head out of his...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

....I agree with you there... I'm not even American, but I know... Or at least I was taught that the POTUS "WORKED" for you.... I was under the impression that YOU, The People were the boss.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I clicked on this thread expecting to read or watch what Chris had to say and then call you a gun nut.

Unbelievably I actually agree with what you said.

That was absolutely pathetic, He basically just told people he was a mindless drone and that they should be as well.

Im no longer a Chris Rock fan

Hey, weird. I actually agree with you for once too.

Chris Rock is an extremely successful man, who in my opinion deserves that success. But with that said, he should understand that not everyone can afford an armed security force outside of their home/on their land.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I'm entitled to an opinion too:
He sounded, and acted, like a damned idiot!

I, honestly, don't believe that you watched the video.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I was hoping someone would post about this.

Chris Rock at a Capital Hill Press Conference "I am just here to support the President of the United States. President of the United States is our boss, but he is also... you know, the President and the First Lady are kinda like the Mom and the Dad of the country. And when your Dad says something you listen, and when you don't it will usually bite you on the ass later on. So, I’m here to support the President."

I guess we should have figured this would be his position, considering he was such a staunch supporter of President Bush

Still, Chris Rock, Barbra Streisand, et al. I think you can appreciate someone's talent and body of work without agreeing with their political views.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There wasn't much respect there to begin with. Rock is a fool, and always has been.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Chris Rock should've just kept his mouth shut. President? Boss?

Oh the ignorance.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Chris Rock is a smart guy.
I just gained more respect for him.

He understands like most of us, that there is a huge difference between public citizens owning a conventional weapon to defend yourself/family .vs. having a weapon so powerful, that you could offensively, and effectively, mount an assault on a lot of people. That stupidity in the world is done, and good riddance to it.

Flame me all you want, but if something went down so big that you had the added opportunity of pulling out a weapon like that, what would be coming after you would have something much bigger.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I never had respect for him in the first place. I always thought he was an idiot, his overacting annoyed the hell out of me.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Chris Rock is a smart guy.
I just gained more respect for him.

He understands like most of us, that there is a huge difference between public citizens owning a conventional weapon to defend yourself/family .vs. having a weapon so powerful, that you could offensively, and effectively, mount an assault on a lot of people. That stupidity in the world is done, and good riddance to it.

Flame me all you want, but if something went down so big that you had the added opportunity of pulling out a weapon like that, what would be coming after you would have something much bigger.

Ok, you and chris both support gun control; That's fine, but do you really share the logic he used in this specific statement? Obama is the boss/dad so just go along with what he says? I'm not in the "Obama is a tyrant" crowd, but that type of thinking is typically what allows tyrants to maintain their supporters. I personally respect someone more for questioning those they respect, than those who join in on unquestionable personality cults.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join