It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very scared of going to hell, but I don't believe in hell

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I was expecting "The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done."
Captain Picard is awesome.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I've had the same thought about Hell about 5 years ago. I studied and studied and what I finally came to the conclusion is, Hell is a lower dimension that your soul would automatically be drawn to if you die in an evil minded condition. This includes extreme selfishness, hurting others whether emotionally or physically. People who purposefully deceive others for their own gain. This is a condition of the heart. People would not go to Hell if they did these negatives things now and then, I'm talking about true con artists, liars, physical abusers and extreme selfishness.

I would recommend listening to Mary Baxter's Revelation of Hell. She claims she was taken to Hell by Jesus so she could report how Hell really is and who ends up there. It's a chilling recount of what she saw.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

thank you KMD, well stated.

Few understand, that it is not God who will ' send a soul to hell '
but the soul hersélf will rather hide in the dark smoke
...because the black smoke is more bearable then the blazing Light.

Those, who wrongly presume that ' there is no hell ' ,
do not understand that there is a major spiritual word around us,
and are gambling with their own life.

So sad.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

what you described is spot on, thanks

[ but the vid is fake. She either has channeled some entity, or has invented a story, i suppose a combination of both - because the entire context screams of a woman who wants to feel important, and who wants her own Ego caressed - hence its all fake. Besides, this focussing on hell is the wrong way, because it gives a wrong motive to believe. And therefore keeps the Ego alive. ]

...the soul, which is truely the only thing that a person has left, in the end,
is so, so incredible helpless

..and it is an act of mindblowing grace,
when He will support and take care of that soul

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
reply to post by sacgamer25

Ive searched for God he has not responded so right now Im an atheist.

If you look deep enough inside yourself you will see there is nothing to fear, there is nothing but love on the other side, the concept of heaven and hell was created by men.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
In the unlikely chance there is a hell, don't worry yourself. If there is a hell, that is where all the fun people will be.

Your last statement is wrong dude. If there is a hell its the worst thing ever why do people keep saying things like oh itll be fun and whatnot no it wont. I am focusing here on hell as described in Chris/Catho/Islam religions.

As described by other fearful men that were afraid to go to hell as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss
You're what people would call "a foxhole atheist."

There's nothing wrong with that; it's just more proof that the "evil" Christianity invented has wormed its way into another person's subconcious. My advice? Doesn't matter if it's real or not. If you live right, treat others how you would like to be treated (unless you're a sadomasochist), you should be fine.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

i dont live right. i want to do whatever i wana do wherever i wana do it however i wana do it. im a bit selfish. i do alot of what is considered "sins" now im not no rapist murderer etc. but im not a saint either. it does matter if its real or not because if it is im probably going there

The ONLY sin you can commit is against another soul, wrong, right, good, evil are all perspectives, can you really define evil? Can you tell me who are the "bad guys" against man? Some think guns are evil, how can an inanimate object be evil? The "devil" is evil? Who is this "devil"? Has anyone ever really seen this "evil devil"? Drugs are evil! What if drugs weren't thought of as evil, how empty would prisons be? No "evil" drugs, no prison, no sin, no hell, do you see what I'm getting at? Because of the perspective that drugs are evil prisons exist!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

If you look deep enough inside yourself you will see there is nothing to fear, there is nothing but love on the other side, the concept of heaven and hell was created by men.

Spoken by a man with his own concept.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

What makes your concept any more true, besides your personal attachment to it?
edit on 8-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by 1nf1del

Spoken by a man with his own concept.

Is a near death experience a concept? An out of body experience? They are called experience because it is no longer a concept! Do you understand the difference?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Just hope you aren't wrong. Me? Either God will greet me at the pearly gates or .... Nothing. Win win situation as I see it. If my beliefs are wrong, won't matter, but if they are right ... I gain everything.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather die with hope than fear.

People here most likely haven't faced death, let me tell you something, Oh # I'm dying is the first thing that comes to mind and hell and heaven come flooding in right after it. Not family, not friends, but I really hope I was right hits you like a million ton of bricks.
edit on 8-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

its not a win win because you may be wasting the only life youll ever have. Why would a superior intelligent being expect us to believe in something weve never seen or anything i mean cmon. If hell didnt exist someone would invent it so people like you would still believe in hell. Also you run the risk like everyone else to go to hell if there is one because 2 major religions disagree with eachother if u think jesus is god u burn in hell forever says islam and chris says the opposite, u just got checkmated. i wont submit to this pascals wager ish bs.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

i have to see god and see hell then ill change my life. i need hard proofs that have not been met.

How would you know what He looks like? Perhaps you are looking for an anthropomorphic god in the image of a man made idea. Are you expecting a person to manifest and tell you he is God?

just something really supernatural n extraordianry. i obvuiusly can never be sure sure i mean it could be some advanced aliens but its way better than this n if he says hell is real n shows me n whatnot maybe i go there a few minutes n experience it. i would be like 99% sure hell n god is real n i would most defintely n heoplfy change my lifestyle. maybe he doesnt have to be vocal i just need like experience things that people in quran/bible experienced and saw. anyways he created me so he shud know what would convince me n if i cant be he also made my brain so either way the burden is on him, nice question btw

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Just hope you aren't wrong. Me? Either God will greet me at the pearly gates or .... Nothing. Win win situation as I see it. If my beliefs are wrong, won't matter, but if they are right ... I gain everything.

People here most likely haven't faced death, let me tell you something, Oh # I'm dying is the first thing that comes to mind and hell and heaven come flooding in right after it. Not family, not friends, but I really hope I was right hits you like a million ton of bricks.

its not a win win because you may be wasting the only life youll ever have. Why would a superior intelligent being expect us to believe in something weve never seen or anything i mean cmon. If hell didnt exist someone would invent it so people like you would still believe in hell. Also you run the risk like everyone else to go to hell if there is one because 2 major religions disagree with eachother if u think jesus is god u burn in hell forever says islam and chris says the opposite, u just got checkmated. i wont submit to this pascals wager ish bs.

Why would a "superior intelligent" being expect us to worship and praise him and go to church once a week and get on our knees and pray to him, if you were "god" would your world be like this one?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Hell doesn't exist, and I say that as a christian who has extensively studied the Greek and Hebrew in the bible associated with this concept. The worst punishment you get is eternal non-existence, your soul dies.

Catholics twisted the language to scare and control people, when the reformation came they carried this doctrine with them.

Don't be scared of hell, but if you are still scared of death alone and it's accompanying non-existence, continue your search for God. The truth is out there, and it found with those that accept Christ as the Messiah.

Was your conclusion something like hell did not exist in the old testament/something got mistranslated and turn into a eternal place of suffering and that nobody believed in it until about 2000 years ago when hell was invented?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nf1del

Why would a "superior intelligent" being expect us to worship and praise him and go to church once a week and get on our knees and pray to him, if you were "god" would your world be like this one?

If I was god probably not. The church thing may show who are my followers getting on your knees shows who are the humble ones.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If I was god probably not. The church thing may show who are my followers getting on your knees shows who are the humble ones.

As a parent, would you ASK your children to worship you? We aren't even given a choice, are we? I mean, if we're punished for making the wrong choice, is that really a choice? Knowingly condemn ourselves to either eternal torture or eternal servitude? Is that how your ideal kingdom?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Is a near death experience a concept? An out of body experience? They are called experience because it is no longer a concept! Do you understand the difference?

It must be, because there are a lot of people having NDE's that confirm a heaven and a hell.

So, please feel free to share your version.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I believe your answer may possibly be found here.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Originally posted by 1nf1del
As described by other fearful men that were afraid to go to hell as well.

You ought to be scared to death of hell.

Better to be scared now and do something about it, than to find out that hell is real and can do NOTHING.

Now you tell me, “Preacher, you are just trying to scare me.”

You’re dead right, you’re dead right. You ought to be scared to death of hell.

I was 11 years old sitting on the back row of a Baptist Church. And do you want to know
why I got myself to Christ that day? Because I was scared to death of going to hell. I
knew it was real.

Scare you? Yeah. You want to know why the Lord Jesus Christ kept bringing it up again
and again? Something you better fear. He told them, did he not?

“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear
him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

Yes, and all that I am saying right now is designed to put fear into you
about going to hell. It is a place of indescribable pain.

Fire on the Altar

Hell is a real place. Men may laugh and they may make jokes about the existence of such
a place as hell. Apostate religion may, indeed, attack this doctrine. But the doctrine of
endless punishment, this doctrine that the lost will be suffering forever is so solemn that
man’s natural instinct is either to ignore it, to not think about it whatsoever or to deny it.
But God’s Word will stand the test of time and eternity and prove that all of these people
are nothing more than liars and deceivers. Hell is real.

You see, men really don’t want to hear about hell and they want to make it the brunt of
jokes. They want to make the devil to be a little horned figure with a pitchfork because
they don’t want to hear that their sin one day is going to be punished in such a way that I
want to tell you defies description. It defies description.

And so they make statements to the effect. Once the jokes are over and past and beyond
it is something like, “Well, you know, God is such a God of love and mercy that he
wouldn’t punish somebody in hell forever.” But it is right there in such thinking that we
see man’s vast ignorance of God. We see the darkness that has settled upon his mind and
his heart. We see there is a blindness to just who this God and what he is.

You see, the reason for the existence of hell is grounded in the very nature of God, who
he is and what he is.

Gods Hell MP3

All these things I have described never let up. It is eternity.

Oh, my friends, it is forever and ever and ever and ever.

Now you tell me, my lost friend, is that where you want to spend eternity? There is no
getting out. There is no door out of hell.

It is moreover a place of unfailing memory. Your memory will be alive and well. Why,
sinner friend, wherever you are in this meeting tonight, if you are found that day and I am
there at the right hand of the Lord Jesus Christ I am going to see you bound hand and
foot. You are going to remember me. And down in the pit of hell you are going to
remember every time your minister said, “Now is the time. Now is the day of salvation.”

Sermon & Transcript

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

..........i get very very scared because i think what if hell is real and when i die ill go there and suffer forever. I would call myself an agnostic/atheist. Its like i have this phobia of dying but most importantly l what can happen after death and especially of the reality of hell........

Not to worry my friend. Don't spend your time worrying, but rather, live and love life today and everyday. Be a good person, help others and open your eyes to all the beauty around you. Whatever happens in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make................

Peace!! ID

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join