It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very scared of going to hell, but I don't believe in hell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Yes I suppose he is but I have invented a whole back story for my God and he rocks
Oh and he is not an evil God like the Christian God nor is he jealous he is just like the Dude.

Works for me

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If you believe in Higher Power/God/Goodness/Love or your Own Soul, watching over, or all of the above, pray at night. Talk to Love, pour out your difficulties with this person, your troubles keeping your temper at this moment, and recognize programs are instilled since birth. So ask, for your sight to be healed, your ears to open, to be helped in gentle ways to face shortcomings and help to improve and ask for forgiveness, and most of all to not let those down around us, to assist wherever we can, and strive for your happiness and everyones.

Start to seek, that is how you don't lose concern for failures, you always want to have done better, but you gain trust in Love and Goodness, because when you seek you find.

But don't judge anyone along the way, for we don't know what is there, to what level free will has been taken from them and to what extent love wants to heal everyone. Pray for intervention. I say prayer, for a more agnostic person, this could be talking in meditation. Or talking to your inner self before you go to bed and voicing concerns about the world. The journey of a thousand miles begins with 1 simple step, however small it may seem.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Can anyone refute Murgatroids statement "what IF your wrong"

The statement promotes what is called an Exclusionist argument. If the poster quoted actually really believed in an OMNIPOTENT OMNISCIENT LOVING GOD...they would not hold this position...

The statement demonstrates a doubt...

Nothing could be any further from the truth...

If there WERE any doubt I would have used the words: "I believe..."

And that would have been wrong because I DON"T believe, I know.

If you ever reach the place where you ALSO know, you will understand what I am talking about.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by mc4denmark

Originally posted by mc4denmark
If you take history into account, hell is nothing else but man-made.

History is used as a MASSIVE form of mind control just like religion, education, media and everything else.

History is the LAST place to look for truth.

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself"

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

All servo-mechanisms work on information...true and false information...and it is in this way that they zig-zag to thier target...

Ignoring empty space does not delineate 'positive' space...quite the other way 'round'...

A99

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Can anyone refute Murgatroids statement "what IF your wrong"

The statement promotes what is called an Exclusionist argument. If the poster quoted actually really believed in an OMNIPOTENT OMNISCIENT LOVING GOD...they would not hold this position...

The statement demonstrates a doubt...

Nothing could be any further from the truth...

If you ever reach the place where you ALSO know, you will understand what I am talking about.

Promoting an Exclusionist argument is counter to the truth. You promote this exclusionist argument. Of this, there is no doubt...

We operate under the same procedural conditions to reveal quite different outcomes...there is something in this!

Incidentally, all I have written is inclusive of anything you have written (i.e. follows the procedural framework I describe)...there is a truth you have missed, 'for the trees'...It seems to be coloring everything you espouse...but is very obvious...

On the 'subject' of reaching places...pleeeez...lol

A99
edit on 7-2-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Uh...yeah. See, here's the thing with that -

And for those of you unable or unwilling to access video at the time this is being posted:

Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.

Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Murgatroid, you say you don't believe, you KNOW.

Yeah. I think we've been there for thousands of years, and we keep getting our ignorance handed to us on shiny silver platters. As a species, modern Homo Sapiens is approximately 500,000 years old. If you think that gives us any license to claim we know anything, you need to go back to your padded room.
edit on 7-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by mc4denmark

If you take history into account, hell is nothing else but man-made.

History is used as a MASSIVE form of mind control just like religion, education, media and everything else.

History is the LAST place to look for truth.

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself"

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

Dude, you are talking about history ain't the place to look, but still you find faint in a ancient book, which is history?! How about all the scientific research in ancient cultures. Or is the book and your view the only one thing from history which got it right?

Jeez....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Even if you were to follow whatever religion you grew up in, you would STILL have a chance of going to hell because you don't know which religion is the actual truth and you can only find out when you die.

Imagine you've been worshiping the wrong god thinking it was the right one when it was actual Satan but you didn't know all along.

The best way to get over this fear is to think about hell (and Satan) a lot. At first it is scary but then the fear subsides.

It is like anything else people are scared of, keep focusing on it and then the fear will lessen, and change your thinking in regard to hell.

Imagine if no matter what you did you was 100% going to hell? There was no heaven and only hell? What then? You would have to accept it anyway...

Become fearless and live through love..

Also, do you not think that if you are only following "God" and following the commands (of whatever religion) to not go to hell, that the God would know this? That you are only listening to not go to hell instead of doing it through love?
edit on 7-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I keep asking if people would still follow Jesus if it guaranteed that they would go to hell. I'm not completely convinced that the whole Jesus fanaticism deal doesn't have more to do with an eternity of peace and happiness than it does with just being a decent person.

I've heard it said that if you are paid to be good, then you're not being good.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by arpgme

I keep asking if people would still follow Jesus if it guaranteed that they would go to hell. I'm not completely convinced that the whole Jesus fanaticism deal doesn't have more to do with an eternity of peace and happiness than it does with just being a decent person.

I've heard it said that if you are paid to be good, then you're not being good.

Pertinent, to the Nth degree! Well said!

This is the kind of logic that reveals the idiocy of the way the message has been garbled, of the 2 fundamental religions...

A loving God makes sense...hell does not...

A99

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Dude, you are talking about history ain't the place to look, but still you find faint in a ancient book, which is history?! How about all the scientific research in ancient cultures. Or is the book and your view the only one thing from history which got it right?

Jeez....

Science, history, and religion are ALL controlled by those who hate the truth and are deliberately hiding it from us.

I do not worship any book.

Once you have had a supernatural encounter with the Creator of the universe, everything you believe changes.

An earlier post in the thread here links to several videos that relate to what I experienced.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Try to rise above the concept of hell. Don't let the primitive threats of primitive fundamentalists sway you. Try to take this prayer into your heart.

"O God! If I worship You for fear of Hell, burn me in Hell,
and if I worship You in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise.
But if I worship You for Your Own sake,
grudge me not Your everlasting Beauty."

-Rabia Basri

edit on 7-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave
I think that if you truly thought about it, you believe in hell 100% of the time its just that you don't think about it or you push the idea to the back of your mind. I understand and am in a similar state in life. I do believe in hell, but I'm not doing anything about it. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but every once in a while the thought crosses my mind.

Yea thats how I am. I dont do anything about it and most of the time im not thinking about it but when i do im really scared that it might be real. Are you in this same situation? how do you cope/deal with his? your scared of dying because of hell but you cant escape death, so whats the solution?

Yes, I quit going to church about a year ago. I had some disagreements with the pastor. I was going to find a different one, but then got used to having my sunday mornings for other stuff. Now it is in the far back of my mind. I know that it should not be, but it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'd rather have gotten into this before all the yammering by everybody and his brother, but Laz is here to put your mind at ease.

Hell is a big 404 - not found.

There are four main props of Hell, and I will knock them down in succession:

Prop One
Without the concept of the Immortality of the soul, Hell gets a bit shaky. It's very simple, if we look at the story of the creation of man by God. We all know it - God took some dirt, made a body, breathed into the body the Breath of Life, and man became a living soul. To simplify:

dead body + breath of life = living soul

Now, let's reverse it:

living soul - breath of life = dead body

Perfect logic - start with the living person (soul) and kill it, so that the breath of life returns to God who gave it, and what do you have left? A dead body! So that means that when you're dead, you're dead. There is no immortal soul to go to Hell, Hades, or the Inferno. The spirit cannot go there either, because it has returned to God who gave it. Is God going to send His own Spirit to Hell? God forbid! There remains, if you examine all this closely, nothing to send to Hell. The same Bible which the Eternal Torture (ET) crowd likes to quote about Hell, says that "the soul that sinneth shall die." Nothing said about being sent to Hell too. If we jump forward from Genesis to the Revelation, we see that Death and Hell are both thrown into the Lake of fictionFire. Now, I ask you, if such a thing has happened, how can Hell still exist (if it ever existed), and how can the dead be in Hell if Death has been destroyed? Let's move on.

Prop Two
"Hell" as we have come to understand it, has come down to us, like the Greek concept of the Immortality of the Soul, from pagan sources. I don't want to elaborate too much on the Scandinavian "Hel," the Greek "Hades," or the Latin "Inferno," but you can Wiki that for yourself if you are not familiar with the mythology. This is how "Hell," or "the grave," became Hell, the place of eternal torment. Check any good dictionary, especially the Oxford, for information on Hell. "Hell" is also a verb, meaning "to bury," reinforcing the "grave" usage. Even the Buddhist concept of Hell is very close to the ET version, the main difference being in the artistic style of the representation. Two props down, it won't take much more.

Prop Three
This one is very simple - in almost every instance of the usage of "Hell" or "Hades" in the Holy Bible, a better rendering would (and should) be "the grave." A couple of hours with a Strong's or Young's Concordance should clear up this chestnut for you. Did you ever think about the way the proper name of God, YHWH, has been translated/transliterated as "LORD"? At the same time, the names of all and sundry pagan gods were improperly rendered properly, when the God who said not to even speak their names gets short shrift. This happens because the (mis)translators had/have an agenda, and "Hell" is no different. One prop left.

Prop Four
If you care to dig into it, you will find that apart from what I have already mentioned, a misunderstanding of body, spirti, and soul; pagan concepts and mistranslations, all the evidence for "Hell" is based on fiction. Yes, from Dante Aligheri to John Milton to Mary Baxter's A Divine Revelation of Hell, everything we have to support the concept of Hell is fiction. Every last account is unverifiable, from epic poem to story, to sermon, to EweToob video. Fiction - Legend - Myth - lies.

Heaven, yes!

Hell, no.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Most of the time I don't believe in hell, its like 90% i dont believe in hell but 10 percent of me does. but when I think about hell i get very very scared because i think what if hell is real and when i die ill go there and suffer forever. I would call myself an agnostic/atheist. Its like i have this phobia of dying but most importantly l what can happen after death and especially of the reality of hell. I cant rule out the possibility of hell and so that why im really scared. i dont know why im scared. my mind says hell is not real but it my subconcsious says it might be real. i dont want to die and be wrong because itll be too late then. any help wuld be appreciated.

I posted this under philo/meta because I think people are smarter here than in religion section no offense of course. Please dont delete this mods if anything move it to the religion section. Thanks
edit on 7-2-2013 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

Sometimes I get scared by demonic clowns (killjoy specifically). Then I get over it as its just make believe.

Put it this way...hell is a pretty narrow religious idea..within that, if your part of pretty much any religion that believes in hell, the majority of people in that general religion will suggest your going to hell anyhow..because only a certain subsection of monotheism has it right, and everyone else is going to hell for being wrong.
Baptists will say the catholics are definitely going to hell. muslims say Christians are going to hell, jews say everyone but they are pretty hell bound, etc etc etc.

So, no matter what, there is a very high probability we are all going to hell if there is one.

Which makes the deity referred to in those religions a incredible sonofa... whom made a system designed to completely fail.

and in that case...that's not really someone you want to be stuck with for an eternity now, is it...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think that if you truly thought about it, you believe in hell 100% of the time its just that you don't think about it or you push the idea to the back of your mind. I understand and am in a similar state in life. I do believe in hell, but I'm not doing anything about it. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but every once in a while the thought crosses my mind.

Yea thats how I am. I dont do anything about it and most of the time im not thinking about it but when i do im really scared that it might be real. Are you in this same situation? how do you cope/deal with his? your scared of dying because of hell but you cant escape death, so whats the solution?

Yes, I quit going to church about a year ago. I had some disagreements with the pastor. I was going to find a different one, but then got used to having my sunday mornings for other stuff. Now it is in the far back of my mind. I know that it should not be, but it is.

Sunday morning?

Weird...
Sabbath is on the 7th day (aka, Saturday). Why go on the first day of the week?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hell doesn't exist, and I say that as a christian who has extensively studied the Greek and Hebrew in the bible associated with this concept. The worst punishment you get is eternal non-existence, your soul dies.

Catholics twisted the language to scare and control people, when the reformation came they carried this doctrine with them.

Don't be scared of hell, but if you are still scared of death alone and it's accompanying non-existence, continue your search for God. The truth is out there, and it found with those that accept Christ as the Messiah.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The wisest man once said, attachment is the root of all suffering.

What hell there is you dictate by your own actions, and as far as I can tell there is only purgatory/limbo.

soundcloud.com...

Now extinction, that's hell.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Doomcake because: Cuzawuz

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Interesting post.

According to the Catachism of the Catholic church, Christ descended into hell, or the abode of the dead, and preached the gospel.

635 Christ went down into the depths of death so that "the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live."485 Jesus, "the Author of life", by dying destroyed "him who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and [delivered] all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong bondage."486 Henceforth the risen Christ holds "the keys of Death and Hades", so that "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth."487

www.vatican.va...

According to Theosopht, the mental plane is called the Devachanic plane. This is called the Heaven World and consists of several sub-planes, and there is a lower part where we pass between death and birth.

It follows, therefore, that to speak of a man as passing from one of these planes to another does not in the least signify any kind of movement in space, but simply a change of consciousness. For every man has within himself matter belonging to every one of these planes, a vehicle corresponding to each, in which he can function upon it when he learns how this may be done. So that to pass, from one plane to another is to change the focus of the consciousness from one of the vehicles to another, to use for the time the [page 3] astral or, the mental body instead of the physical. For naturally each of these bodies responds only to the vibrations of its own plane; and so while the man's consciousness is focused in his astral body, he will perceive the astral world only, just as while our consciousness is using only the physical senses we perceive nothing but this physical-world —though both these worlds (and many others) are in existence and full activity all round us all the while. Indeed, all these planes together constitute in reality one mighty living whole, though as yet our feeble powers are capable of observing only a very small part of this at a time.

It should be remembered that every man passes through both these stages between death and birth, though the undeveloped majority have so little consciousness in either of [page 36] them as yet that they might more truly be said to dream through them. Nevertheless, whether consciously or unconsciously, every human being must touch the higher levels of the mental plane before reincarnation can take place; and as his evolution proceeds this touch becomes more and more definite and real to him. Not only is he more conscious there as he progresses, but the period he passes in that world of reality becomes longer; for the fact is that his consciousness is slowly but steadily rising through the different planes of the system.

www.anandgholap.net...

I would say that the lower astral plane would be a kind of hell where every kind of demonic energy might reside. The Theophists do talk about black magicians in this teatise as well.

You might study this in order to better understand why your soul has this feeling, and rightly so, that there is something beyond our physical senses and that we must seek to be liberated from any deathly or evil energy, whether it be from our own karma or that of others.
Secular Humanists believe that only what they perceive in the physical form is relevant to their lives. It can be both pragmatic and shortsighted.

Here is something else to consider....that hell is a mental place of our own making through evil thought word and deed, and this is why spiritual teachers teach us we need to cleanse our thoughts, emotions, and do good works.

Many appear to consider that there is a burning hell somewhere on or beneath the boundary of our heavenly sphere, and can scarcely give up the idea of everlasting punishment. But the only hell is in the thought or soul of the sinner, and he must be cleansed of evil thought, must be taught the first essential quality of heavenly life, which is unselfish service looking away from self, and growing persistent in the effort to help others. (Unnamed spirit in LHH, 124.)

www.angelfire.com...

Secular humanists live in a hell of their own making, but expect the rest of us to want to live in it too.
edit on 7-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

The worst punishment you get is eternal non-existence, your soul dies.

Perhaps you really mean the Second Death here, because that is what happens when the soul descends so far into karma and the death consciousness and refuses to accept the Light that the only way to repatriate the light is for the soul to go through the Second Death. This is serious business and does not happen by mere making mistakes. That is what karma is for, to teach the sould via it's mistakes and their consequences. The Second Death is for those who refuse to bend the knee and confess that God is their source and wish to take many others with them into rebellion. They are given plenty of time and incarnations to work it out. This is why evil people like Soros are still given opportunity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join