It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very scared of going to hell, but I don't believe in hell

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

So give all 100% to Christ and be 100 % free of fear.
Second life I mean line. No ! Wait, okay I mean life.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
In the unlikely chance there is a hell, don't worry yourself. If there is a hell, that is where all the fun people will be.

Your last statement is wrong dude. If there is a hell its the worst thing ever why do people keep saying things like oh itll be fun and whatnot no it wont. I am focusing here on hell as described in Chris/Catho/Islam religions.

Exactly, as described by arcane, Medievel aka DARK AGES religious doctrine. There's a reason why it was called Dark, for many reasons actually. Famine, plague, disease, death, living standards and prosperity plummeted in Europe and other regions, and go figure, they began spreading fear-ridden doctrine and belief in the wake of it, and we're still picking up the garbage they left for us, to this day! Now, wouldn't that be something if those beliefs and doctrines were asserted upon the people just before all of the famine, plague, and pestilence? Talk about creating Hell on Earth.

You don't have to pick up garbage friend, just turn your mind into a proverbial flame thrower and incinerate the fear, within.
edit on 7-2-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Guys, everything we're told is the truth. No one ever lies to us! Especially about god or the existence of hell/heaven!!!!

Seriously though, don't worry because right now, 99% of what we're told are lies designed to keep us ignorant and under their control.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

If hell scares you there are some simple ways to put yourself in good favor of God.

Hold a door for someone.
Tell a pregnant woman that she looks beautiful.
Tip an extra 5 bucks to a good waitress.
Donate a bag of food to an animal shelter.

There are many things you can do, to be a great person.

I don't believe in God but I still do these things because it makes me feel great. I've also discovered that what you give will always come back to you.

In my last moment of life I can look back at all the beauty I put upon the world and I will die in peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Consider this...if hell is real, does it matter if you believe in it or not? It's the biggest gamble you will ever make.
I mean look at it like this. Most people think they are "good", but are we really? Do we all not lie, steal, cheat, think lustful of the opposite/same sex? The fact is, our bad deads are not erased by our good deads. It doesn't work like that. So, it is really the persons choice to seek God. However, don't lie to yourself that hell doesn't exisists. If there is any justice in this universe, hell does exsist, and if one ends up there, they will know that is what they deserve.
Hate to sound so gloomy, but just making a point...thats all.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

it makes sense but it is very flawed. for starters i like your name there Lazarus, I suggest you read in the old testament of the story about the rich man named Lazarus, not the new testament one, and you will see hell does exist. in regards to your logical algorithm it does make sense, but you left out the factor of free will. No a perfect God cannot create imperfect things 'unless' the perfect God allowed free will and the influence of imperfect things. This is another topic of conversation but you see my point.

in regards to hell, yes it is real, but getting there is not a corporate ordeal. the Bible says we are saved by faith and faith alone, and that Jesus is the only way to God, so that is faith in Jesus which gets us to heaven. the Bible also says the works of God testify of Him so that no man is without excuse, let me expand on this; this does not mean God will send those to hell who do not know better, the road to hell is intentional, it is decided, the mentioned verse applies to those who truly do not know any better, but have in their hearts submitted to a higher power and have faith in that higher power and succumb to the inner "good morals" that we all have built into us, morals which go without saying. that is not to say all roads lead to heaven, but is to say those who truly dont know any better, but have faith are saved. but those who do know better (and that would include many in the modern world) are cast guilt and a questionable heart, as mentioned in earlier posts, this guilt is the Lord knocking on your heart. my point being, God judges the heart of a person and the circumstances in said persons life. in reference to the bible you will find circumstances where people do not get into heaven, but they later find they intentionally denied God and didnt even know it, because they choose to ignore the guilt. guilt is God knocking on your heart dont ignore it.

lastly, you try and point out the flaws in a belief in the afterlife, but you only point out the flaws in your own logic. you think your intellect and knowledge gives you insight nobody else can see, but in this case it does not disprove the truth, only strengthens it. hell is real, and God sent His Son Jesus to save you from it, you only miss His love because our society has cast salvation in a bad light. all you have to do is accept Jesus in your hearts and have faith in Him, He will do the rest. dont worry about what the churches are doing, dont worry about what the scientists tell you, listen to the knocking on the door of your heart. Jesus loves you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
reply to post by Lazarus Short

it makes sense but it is very flawed. for starters i like your name there Lazarus, I suggest you read in the old testament of the story about the rich man named Lazarus, not the new testament one, and you will see hell does exist. in regards to your logical algorithm it does make sense, but you left out the factor of free will. No a perfect God cannot create imperfect things 'unless' the perfect God allowed free will and the influence of imperfect things. This is another topic of conversation but you see my point.

in regards to hell, yes it is real, but getting there is not a corporate ordeal. the Bible says we are saved by faith and faith alone, and that Jesus is the only way to God, so that is faith in Jesus which gets us to heaven. the Bible also says the works of God testify of Him so that no man is without excuse, let me expand on this; this does not mean God will send those to hell who do not know better, the road to hell is intentional, it is decided, the mentioned verse applies to those who truly do not know any better, but have in their hearts submitted to a higher power and have faith in that higher power and succumb to the inner "good morals" that we all have built into us, morals which go without saying. that is not to say all roads lead to heaven, but is to say those who truly dont know any better, but have faith are saved. but those who do know better (and that would include many in the modern world) are cast guilt and a questionable heart, as mentioned in earlier posts, this guilt is the Lord knocking on your heart. my point being, God judges the heart of a person and the circumstances in said persons life. in reference to the bible you will find circumstances where people do not get into heaven, but they later find they intentionally denied God and didnt even know it, because they choose to ignore the guilt. guilt is God knocking on your heart dont ignore it.

lastly, you try and point out the flaws in a belief in the afterlife, but you only point out the flaws in your own logic. you think your intellect and knowledge gives you insight nobody else can see, but in this case it does not disprove the truth, only strengthens it. hell is real, and God sent His Son Jesus to save you from it, you only miss His love because our society has cast salvation in a bad light. all you have to do is accept Jesus in your hearts and have faith in Him, He will do the rest. dont worry about what the churches are doing, dont worry about what the scientists tell you, listen to the knocking on the door of your heart. Jesus loves you.

I understand you're trying to help and I can see you are a nice person from your advice but....
Stop scaring people.
Have you visit Hell before? How can you be so sure it's REAL?
Hell EXISTS only in your religion's beliefs. doctrines, and myths
Jesus is God's Son? Sure and the TRUE FACT is so are we

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Don't sweat it Othetrooth0, the "burn in hell forever" crap is just that.
Even if (and that is one big if) there were any truth to that old worn out myth, what John the Revelator says does not agree with the statement by J.C. that those whose name is not found in the lamb's book of life will be "cast to the outer darkness and destroyed forever." The whole "burn baby burn" thing is another Christer torture fantasy....they are big on that...freakin masochists, morons, and mono-browed mouth-breathing mutual masterbators.
Friend, those religion freaks are seriously psycho and love trying to scare people with their B.S., after all, here in the U.S.A. it's pretty easy to do since they pound that garbage into your head from early childhood...even to doubt it scares some folks...sad. I have trouble believing any reasonably intelligent adult would buy into such a cock and bull story, but when everybody seems to believe in an obvious delusion I guess it's pretty easy to get sucked in, but really, think about it. Just because a whole lot of people believe in pie in the sky when you die doesn't mean it's true, it just means there are a lot of suckers in the world, and a lot of people who have done such evil crap that they think they have to plead with "The Creator of The Universe" to forgive them...you want to find some nasty ass perverts go to church, after all, they can rape babies all week and get forgiven on Sunday...the bastichez should just turn themselves in to the police, or better yet drink a glass of antifreeze, but nope, they want to be able to molest kids in public restrooms, force your mom to give them head, and swindle old folks out of their Social Security checks. Listen, I'll take the rap for ya if there is one okay? As the Audio Slave song says "Go on and save yourself, put the blame on me". Hear that Lucy Furr Baby? I'm takin this posters heat, you know me right? I'm the guy that's gonna hug you tight and squeeze your butt, tweak your nipples and whisper all sorts of nasty stuff in your pretty red ear as we dance to the flickering flames...gotta tell ya Toots, that red tail turns me on, and I can't wait to make you my behitch. Come get me sweety, let's do the Lambada all night long!
Think about it, what kind of rape ape says "you better love me or I'm gonna torture you forever?"
Not exactly anything even remotely worthy of worship, more like a sick puppy that would be tossed in jail if he showed his worthless ass in my little town...unless we hung him first.
And guess what a wonderful prize you win if you get into Heaven?
You get to spend eternity telling him(?) how great, marvelous, and fabulous he is...sound like tons of fun huh...NOT!
Woot!

edit on 8-2-2013 by Luminaught because: Sympathy for the Devil

edit on 8-2-2013 by Luminaught because: The Crux of the Biscuit is the Apostrophe

edit on 8-2-2013 by Luminaught because: The Devil made me do it!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Just hope you aren't wrong. Me? Either God will greet me at the pearly gates or .... Nothing. Win win situation as I see it. If my beliefs are wrong, won't matter, but if they are right ... I gain everything.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather die with hope than fear.

People here most likely haven't faced death, let me tell you something, Oh # I'm dying is the first thing that comes to mind and hell and heaven come flooding in right after it. Not family, not friends, but I really hope I was right hits you like a million ton of bricks.
edit on 8-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

The condition of fear is hell.
Life is eternal and if you are experiencing fear you are already in hell. When the fear drops away there is love and that is heaven.
Heaven on earth or Hell on earth.
Where are you?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You either believe or don't believe.

P.S. Your title is contradicting.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Luckyxfactor because: .

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife
I would start Here.. and you better believe your life depends on it.

How? He'll be dead already, right?

Be afraid, be very afraid, there might be another earth you're born into when you die.. to go through it all again. And everyone there knows about it and is cranky because of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
People here most likely haven't faced death, let me tell you something, Oh # I'm dying is the first thing that comes to mind and hell and heaven come flooding in right after it. Not family, not friends, but I really hope I was right hits you like a million ton of bricks.

Just imagine a world where people aren't brain washed to believe in heaven and hell from birth, and they might actually live a good life and not have to worry about all that "What if" stuff.. What if...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to break it to you dude but this plane of existence is hell!

The Gnostics and the Cathars were right on the money im afraid!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by mc4denmark
Dude, you are talking about history ain't the place to look, but still you find faint in a ancient book, which is history?! How about all the scientific research in ancient cultures. Or is the book and your view the only one thing from history which got it right?

Jeez....

Science, history, and religion are ALL controlled by those who hate the truth and are deliberately hiding it from us.

I do not worship any book.

Once you have had a supernatural encounter with the Creator of the universe, everything you believe changes.

An earlier post in the thread here links to several videos that relate to what I experienced.

Well, one time I actually had what many people probably would define as a encounter with a spirit of some sorts. What happened was that I was woken up in the middle op the night, I was wide awake, but could not move ! I had the feeling of a man or entity, standing right behind me, I could even feels it breath down my neck, but I could not move, not my head, arms or body. The only part of me that I could control was my eyes.

Now, do you think that a demon where standing behind me, or might it just be that a part of my brain where still sleeping, hence my motor functions where disabled so that I would not wander of, because of my dreams.

I think the latter.

How can you be absolutely sure, that your brain did not play a trick on you to? You now that our brain are capable of remarkable things right?
edit on 8-2-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If there ever was a case of the blind leading the blind, this thread is proof positive... Anyways disregard the bulk of advice. It seems the consensus is that "evil" Christianity has indoctrinated you into believing hell exists, while discounting the possibility that it actual does exist, and our loving Creator is in fact warning you. Many here subscribe to the erroneous belief that hell is like some giant fiery torture dungeon, with the devil and demons working as prison guards/torturers. Hell is a place that God created for people that want nothing to do with Him (originally it was for Satan exclusively, but humans decided to get in on it) Why would He force you to be around Him for all eternity, if you hate Him? That would be toruture. I'm sure most on here would agree that being around fundamentalist Christians for 5 minutes, much less a million years is unbearable. The problem is, all things good come from God, that is, love, joy peace, goodness, gentleness etc. All of these things don't exist in hell (remember it is for persons that want nothing to do with God), so one can imagine how miserable it actually is. There is no fun, there is no enjoyment.

If you really are serious about avoiding such a place, you must repent and put your trust in the Savior, Jesus Christ. What He did for you on the cross, reconciled you to God. All of your sins: past, present, future are forgiven, you gain a relationship with the Creator of the universe, your heart will be changed so that you actually enjoy the things of God. Oh yes and best of all, you get mocked and ridiculed on ATS!!! At this point avoiding hell is only a secondary benefit. Choose quickly, no one knows when their life is going to end.
edit on 8-2-2013 by kingofmd because: there = their (didnt want to derail my entire post because of grammar)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

take it easy..

We've all been in this spot.. well most of us..

the concept of hell is a religious tool of control..

let me explain myself..

I came to this idea young in a private SDA school & it freaked me out too..

This is how I came to view it..

If God created us, you, me everyone as a test of freewill to be played out on this earth..

and in the end it comes down to Lucifer being finally destroyed..as it says in the bible.. kinda a fast forward there I know..but..

Why would He create you in the middle of all that, knowing you would fail, only to send you to a place to be tortured eternally? He would know immediately, being omnipotent, that 99.99% of your existence would be spent in this "hell" place.. makes no sense at all.. your creating a mindset of hell..time to completely remove it from the realm of possibility or probability in the case..

Its a tool using the fear of death & the uncertainty after..by mortal men for control over people.

I think of it this way, we are electricity, in body made of stardust.
everything on this planet has a piece of itself break off, then form another separate, yet similar entity.
plants have seeds, animals & humans have sex, each gives a piece to create another host..
our individualism is our electric soul, not our physical bodies..as demonstrated by a baby blinking, wiggling its
fingers & toes when the pineal gland is kicked into effect & the soul has arrived..
Any sort of God being would be/have this electricity, a cognitive intelligence, same as our souls, a piece
broken off & left to grow, experience the physical world. Then when the stardust is shaken off, return to the source, sharing the good & bad. From there, possibly returning for another round or moving on.. live, learn, laugh and most importantly.. Love.

I'm sure I'll get flack for this, but o well.. I'm not even religious anymore, i try to stay unlabeled, but the science & life has taken me this way.. and I don't like to see anyone tormented by antiquated brain washing techniques... as you are or you wouldn't have posted..

I suggest a few Alan Watts lectures.. so when you have time, turn up the sound, light a candle & relax..

peace.

this ones my favorite..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If you say you believe even just 1%, then you really believe 100%.
You can't have it both ways.

You believe or you don't, no other option.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The fear of dying is a very powerful thing.

Entire religions were created because of the fear of the unknown.

It's the ultimate unknown and the finality of it is terrifying.

But maybe there is more. Maybe there is afterlife. Nothing wrong with hoping and dreaming about that! Whatever it is, it's certainly not eternal punishment.

I suggest you not let the fear get the best of you and cloud your mind. Less you turn to religion as means to 'feel better'. Keep reason in tact!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
www.jewishencyclopedia.com...

sheol hades, tartarus and gehenna, in the Bible sheol and gehenna are just mistranslated or misinterpreted, hell is the grave.

Outside of Jerusalem there was a garbage dump fire that never went out, sheol

The English term hell comes from the Anglo-Saxon hel, meaning a hidden place. Hel comes from the verb form helan meaning "to hide." Thus the English root word for hell, helan, has nothing to do with hell-fire. Biblical translators used the word hell to translate two different Semitic words: gehenna or gehenna dnoora in Aramaic (the language spoken by Jesus) and sheol in Hebrew.

Sheol comes from the Hebrew root word shalal meaning to be still, quiet. The ancient Hebrews believed sheol to be a place beneath the earth’s surface where those who die, both good and bad, are inactive and quiet. They await judgment or resurrection day. It is a temporary resting place in the underworld. The Aramaic gehenna dnoora refers to the "Valley of Hinnom." During the 1st century C.E., Gehenna Dnoora was the garbage dump for Jerusalem. Located outside the city walls, people brought their garbage to Gehenna Dnoora and burned it. The Judean king, Ahaz (735-715 B.C.E.), used this valley to send his son to the flames as a human sacrifice to the gods. As a result of these human sacrifices, the valley Gei Hinnom became a Semitic term for hell. The Old Testament sheol and the New Testament gehenna dnoora in no way refer to a place established by God for eternal punishment.

This has probably already been said.

But anyway, my personal opinion is a loving god, creator of the universe, the creator of everything that is or ever will be, doesn't need to punish people eternally, hard for me to believe.

But this life we are living, having no beginning or end, not remember before or after, seems eternal, and hell can be a personal state of mind.
edit on 062828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join