It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes the cheaper way

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Please stay on topic, I SPECIFICALLY stated in my op this is about rolling/making your own smokes, not to debate the reasons for or not to smoke. Also your post violates T&C because youre not supposed to talk about illegal drug use.
Thank you

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm in Michigan, its NOT illegal 'Drug' use, State Law and what not. Also, I wasn't debating, just made a comment on my personal health and situation and recommend the same to the readers. Don't get so offended, damn.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Rolling smokes is a much cheaper way to go about it but i cant seem to find the perfect way to do it my smokes are usually too tight or too loose.its hard to find that golden amount to make a perfect smoke lol.I myself was rolling for a few years but im back to buyin packs for the soul reason that rollies just dont taste like the big name brands.(probably some kind of delicious poison in camels)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

The topic here is rolling and making your own cigarettes

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Haven't had time to read all the posts here yet, but wanted to let ya'll know of the way I get around the high cost of cigs - try the 'little cigars' - they come in 20 packs just like cigarettes, with filters. Only $1-2 per pack here in Texas.
Maybe they get around the cig tax laws being cigars, but they taste just like cigs, I don't know - I've saved hundreds of dollars smoking them, and they really are BETTER. Like Black Diamond, Sana Fe (I like strawberry), Action, American Made... - I'm sure there are more. Sorry if someone has told you about them already in this long thread, just have no time to read it all and thought someone here could benefit from this info.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
You gotta get yourself a real cigarette machine.
for forty bucks you can roll 18 cigarettes in about five minutes, less than the time it takes waiting in line at the gas station to get a pack. I get Largo pipe tobacco @ about 12 bucks for a 12 oz bag. with two boxes of gambler filters it comes out to less than ten bucks a carton.

What machine is that and how does it work? This is a good idea. I spend 10 bucks a day (pack a day) and I was just thinking yesterday how costly that is and how much it all adds up.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus

My parents use pipe tobacco and they seem to like it and my dad' has always been pretty picky with cigarettes and they were Marlboro Red smokers before they started rolling their own. It is also generally cheaper than loose tobacco specifically for cigarettes as it is taxed differently. You want to make sure its still a long cut variety, the short square cut kind (I don't know but something like Burley and Black) would be too moist and can get stuck in the roller.

I used to smoke Kretek (Djarum Black) and sometimes when I get a toothache I'll roll a couple with their machine (beats orajel by a mile) I just grind up some cloves in a spice grinder and mix it up with the same tobacco they use and as far as tobacco quality I can't tell a difference. In fact the only thing I notice is the different filter as Djarum has a flavored filter. But at 8 bucks for a pack of 15 the homemade does the trick. Although they aren't that great black color.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

I still smoke Djarum Blacks, it's just a hassle to get them shipped from Indonesia. Don't like the clove cigars, they just don't have the same taste as the cigarettes. The 'marketing to children' ban on retail sale in the U.S. is in my opinion one of the dumbest laws in the books. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the real reason the law is there, hint: it isn't to limit the marketing to underage smokers. It's to make more $$ by eliminating your competition.

EDIT: sorry OP for straying off topic, you are right and I apologize.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: edit

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I have an excel machine which is really fast but there are a lot of plastic parts in it. I took it all apart and removed the plastic flashings on the plastic parts and ordered some extra parts for it. The parts were cheap but the shipping was high. I wouldn't recommend this for an only machine, it is high maintenance.

I also have a Top O Matic machine which has mostly metal parts. It does a good job but is a little slower. The other machine could put out eighteen cigs in about three minutes but this one takes about five minutes. I'd recommend this one even though it occasionally screws up. The little rubber boot that holds the cig on slips up and the tube slides out prematurely. The two nuts on top have to be snug but not too tight or loose, they loosen up when using it when the tension is just right. If you drop this machine on the end where you put the tube you could break the sleeve the tube goes over and you need to get a new machine. I read that somewhere and see it is a possibility just looking at it. Just watch it doesn't drop and chances are one in six even then that it will hit that spot.

I give all the pros and cons on things when I respond if I know them. Trying to properly inform others of what I know is important to me. Both machines were around forty bucks.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Smoking is a love hate relationship with me. What I mean is I quit and I stop often.

But since they went over 5 bucks a pack i've been rolling pipe tabacco. Now thier like 11 bucks a pack and its saved me alot of money.

Over 50 cents per cig vs under 5 cents per cig you do the math.

I don't have the cough anymore and I smoke less since I make them one at a time. So when I do take a break from them its alot easier.

I think they taste better and seem to be safer. Smoking anything is going to hurt you though, might as well smoke that crap with less crap in it.

Enjoy before they catch on it won't last long.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Th3MissingLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We had a great machine around 2002-2003. It cost in the neighborhood of $45-50 and was made of all metal parts except for the rubber no-skid pad on the bottom of it. It rolled beautiful cigarettes quickly and never broke on us.

If I figure out who made it I'll post here for you all. It was worth the investment.

(It looked like this one but was bronze colored. The cigarettes were perfect.)

Cigarette Rolling Machine
edit on 2/5/2013 by Creep Thumper because: Added a link.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kentucky75
Cigarettes cured my asthma ...yes folk it did.
i started smoking when i was 16 year's old i had asthma so bad i was on meds and would even turn purple in my sleep and have to be rushed to the hospital.
I started smoking due to peer pressure..ever since my first hit i have never had a asthma attack knock on wood that's been close to 30 years ago.

I even told the doctor's what i started doing ect. they told me to stop smoking it was bad for my health..
Living with asthma almost every day of my life was a living hell.... and almost died numerous times in my sleep from it.

So they came to the conclusion i over polluted my over sensitive lungs or something like that..instant cure for asthma.yeah side effect maybe cancer...but the meds they give aint any safer are they?

I would not say "cured" but actually caused the lungs to stop attacking themselves and focus on getting rid of the tars, and whatnot.

I had the exact same thing happen, brutal asthma , its one of the worst things not being able to breathe, and the cigarettes caused a change instantly.

I will say though, now that I am 37 i have quit them, and can now breathe a hell of alot better, and the asthma just is not going to come back.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I have been making my own cigarettes for nearly 5 years now. Though I currently don't know what a pack of cigarettes costs these days (and I love that fact), I know I have saved a LOT of money.

With that in mind, I would like to say DAMN YOU HomerinNC, for putting this in a forum post! The last thing we homerollers need is for douche-bags in government to have their attention drawn to people who make their own cigarettes thus opening them up to further unfair draconian taxation.

Flying below the radar is the only fool-proof way in the current social climate to be able to enjoy tobacco products without going broke, and people sharing it publicly only hasten the inevitable tax hikes.

Don't consider this an attack rather, consider it to be a slight chastening.

Roll 'em up and keep it to yourself!
edit on 2/5/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Hey, do you guys have the weird law there, where all the cigarettes and tobacco products have to be totally hidden from view, and the vendors are not allowed to tell you what brands they sell? I almost slapped the gas station attendant upside the head when I got over the border, I thought for sure he was yanking my chain, and at a horrible time. I had just spent like 9 hours at the border, ran out of smokes 6 hours ago and was trying to buy a pack

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

OR

Don't smoke!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You should definitely try an electronic cigarette, no tar or chemicals, just the nicotine and the same stuff used in medical inhalers to make the vapour.

I was smoking 40 marlboro lights a day costing me about £15 per day (c.$22.50), which comes to a whopping £450 per month (c.$700).

I now vape £12 of eliquid per month - under $20.

No wonder the govt wants to "regulate" electronic cigarettes.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I went through a rough patch awhile ago and started rolling my own. I should still do it but got out of the habit. I think I'm going to go pick up one of these machines now. I smoke American Spirits and as I recall you can buy it loose.

Homer how long did it take you to get it down? It took me probably 30 ruined tubes. It was infuriating.

How many holier than thou comments have been in this thread I wonder? Every time fast food or cigarettes is mentioned people seem to come out of the woodwork to admonish the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I started rolling my own after spending a decent amount of cash a month on cigarettes. The ones i smoked weren't cheap either. Every 2 months i order a 5 pack (1000) of filter tubes and 4 6oz bags of this organic tobacco. I also bought a top o matic crank filler which also saves time. I can roll about 2 packs in 10 minutes. This roughly costs me $70 every 2 months and i get about 4 cartons of good quality tobacco. Its good to know what you're smoking is (or isn't) treated with or sprayed. The stuff i smoke is as natural of tobacco as i can find over the web. You can also find local sellers on amazon.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I just did the math and realized I probably spend over $300 on cigarettes a month. Coitus me. Back to rolling I go, or at the very least time to start buying cartons (they are cheaper right?). Actually this may just be the thing that gets me to quit.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by mac420

Also your post violates T&C because youre not supposed to talk about illegal drug use.
Thank you

Not illegal where I live.

that policy should be changed by ATS.

people talk about all sorts of crazy things around here involving the government and its laws...

seems silly to not be able to discuss the movement that is happening nationwide right now...

on a conspiracy website no less!! talk about a conspiracy! the sheep policing the sheep!

time for ATS itself to Deny this Ignorance.

that being said..

it seems obvious that

rolling your own & using all natural chemical free tobacco

is cheaper & healthier than ATF controlled corporate

rolled tobacco's..

I choose to vaporize my tobacco

at $9 a week.

edit on 5-2-2013 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I used to roll my own when I smoked. I have to admit, laziness got the better
of me. Of course when I quit smoke I could still get a pack for under $2 no problem.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join