Cigarettes the cheaper way

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Cheap smokes now – expensive chemotherapy, surgery and funerals later.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Been rolling my own for years. I love the Supermatic 2. Best damn roller ever. As long as you don't overpack it when you roll it will last you a long time.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Like everything else cigarettes are more expensive here in the UK than in the US.I'm not entirely sure how many you get in a 'carton' like you buy in the US but over here they come in a pack or 10 or 20,referred to as a '20 or 10 deck' in my part of the country.

Anyway the average price of 20 is @ £7.00 now or @ $11.00.I don't know how that compares to the US but I expect it's more expensive,like everything else.lol !!

Over here it's always been common for people to roll your own cigarettes,like what you see John Travolta doing in Pulp Fiction or Rodney in Only Fools and Horses.

Rolling machines have been around as long as I can remember but their far more fiddly than just rolling it yourself n I can't see the point in tubes at all unless it's to make them look like normal cigarettes for those who don't want to look like they're smoking 'rollies'

It costs me @ £3.80 or $6.00 for a half ounce (12.5g) of tobacco,papers normally come with the tobacco I buy and that lasts me a day.If I buy a pack of cigarettes I'll go through 20 easy,someimes 30 so i's cost effective for sure.

Also cigarettes leave me coughing n choking whereas tobacco doesn't.If I smoke a cigarette I find I'm sucking the life out of it to get the 'draw' I'm used to from smoking rollies which is probably why I smoke more cigarettes per hour than I would rollies !!!

I never realised though that the idea of making your own cigarettes is quite novel in the US though,it's part of life over here

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

A pack in the US is 20 smokes, here it is 25 smokes. Seems we are all pretty even when it comes to the price of smokes. When I started, a pack was 3.50 lol.
edit on Tue, 05 Feb 2013 20:58:15 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Shoot they were like 35 cents US when I started... but gas was somewhere around the same for a gallon too.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I was getting them for $.35 a pack when I started smoking also... The Marine Corps paid for my smokes when I was in Vietnam and out in the jungle on operations... At a base camp with a PX a carton of Marlboros was $1.13... I was sure I would be able to quit if the price hit $.50 pack but it didn't work out like I thought it would....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
The next step is to dig up part of your back yard and grow your own tobacco, without the Radioactive Phosphate Fertilizers used to grow the stuff in that ziploc bag you have there.

So my friend, it there tobacco you can buy that won't make my lungs glow in the dark?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well I am 4 weeks in with my electronic cig and have not had a real cig since I am quitting for good.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I got this nice table top roller, I can pop out about 5 smokes a minute with it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I went through a rough patch awhile ago and started rolling my own. I should still do it but got out of the habit. I think I'm going to go pick up one of these machines now. I smoke American Spirits and as I recall you can buy it loose.

Homer how long did it take you to get it down? It took me probably 30 ruined tubes. It was infuriating.

How many holier than thou comments have been in this thread I wonder? Every time fast food or cigarettes is mentioned people seem to come out of the woodwork to admonish the rest of us.

I am actually rather surprised the morality police have not been in here, bullhorning all us heathens yet

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Xaphan

Hey, do you guys have the weird law there, where all the cigarettes and tobacco products have to be totally hidden from view, and the vendors are not allowed to tell you what brands they sell? I almost slapped the gas station attendant upside the head when I got over the border, I thought for sure he was yanking my chain, and at a horrible time. I had just spent like 9 hours at the border, ran out of smokes 6 hours ago and was trying to buy a pack

Sadly, he wasn't joking. We have very strange and uptight tobacco/alcohol laws. They have to be hidden from view because the government considers it "advertising to minors" if they are left in plain sight LOL. I could swear some of these rules were made by the offspring of SS officers.

One time I went into a tobacconist's asking if they sold a certain type of cigar I was looking for. They wanted to see my ID before they were allowed to give me an answer lol
edit on 6-2-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm gonna say it ONE MORE TIME for the mental morons that apparently can't read:

THE TOPIC IS ROLLING CIGARETTES AND INEXPENSIVE CIGARETTES, NOT QUITTING SMOKING, NOT THE EFFECTS OF SMOKING, NOT ANYTHING ELSE!!!

Okay do you get the topic now???

Some of you don't know how to act or read, why not growing the hell up and staying on topic, or go troll the hell elsewhere
edit on 2/6/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It's best to ignore the trolls.. The anger of others is like vitamins to them. Don't give them the nourishment they seek

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Been rolling my own for about 4 years now and saved a fortune..

I got one of these for £1 in one of the UK poundland stores.

Usually get 50g of Golden Virginia and it lasts me about 6 days compared to £7 a pack of 20 cigs

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I've been rolling my own cigarettes for 12 years. I think it sucks it's messy it's time consuming and the tobacco is like smoking lawn clippings. I usually buy the premium stuff too. I'd much rather smoke Marlboros but at $6.50 a pack it's just too much. At least rolling my own the government aint taking all my money. To think cigarettes were $1.50 a pack in 1991 when I started.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by HomerinNC

Here's what I use.

$1 per pack here in NH. The 16oz bag ($14.99) makes 2 1/2 cartons, the 2 - 1 carton tubes ($2.49 each)... That equals less than $1 per pack.

After about 3-6 months, Carpal Tunnel syndrome kicks in your wrist.

Solution - switch hands every 6 months.

edit on 5-2-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

I use the same injector. Well worth the investment.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Tobacco is a controlled substance in Australia. It is illegal to grow without a permit, which you can apply for at the Taxation Department!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well I'm that used to smoking tobacco these days been doing it on n off for near 25 years depending on my finances at the time.

When I started smoking 20 cigs cost £1.45 and I could fill the petrol tank on my Fiesta I had when I passed my test for a tenner

What do you'se do with the tubes,make a pile of them at once n keep them in a packet like normal cigs ??

I keep mine tobacco in a tin with a pack of papers n make one when I want a smoke,I wouldnt have the patience to sit down and make a batch in ond go.

It only takes what 10 secs to roll one anyway

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

Don't mean to sound dumb lol,,,but how the heck does that thing roll a cigarette? I use one of those cheap fill and slide deals.

This looks like quite the machine , can roll a pack in 2 mins...

www.eacarey.com...

Two motors and a microprocessor that monitors the compaction level and quantity of tobacco. In addition, the machine features a selectable compaction level, a meter slide and a control board that controls the sequence of operation, motors, notifies operator of problems and is a safety for compaction which prevents damage to the machine. In complexity this machine is similar to a refrigerator, VCR, or microwave but for ease of operation it is like a toaster or dishwasher.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Reevster because: More info

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

I got this pack

I use the cheap plastic slide injection roller, mostly because I can't afford one of the nice fancy ones lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join