It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes the cheaper way

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm from NZ, and have posted once on this topic already.
Just spent 4 weeks in Western Canada and I was shocked at the anti-smoking attitude there, you basically are discriminated against.
You buy cigarettes from the Gas Station or 7/11, not sold in the Supermarkets at all. Few of the staff (who are all foreigners) at the Gas Stations even know what cigarette papers are and have no clue what a cig. filter is.
I got a local to come with me the 2nd time and I ended up with what I would call a bucket of dried hay, it was horrible, I smoked about 30 grams then threw the rest away.
You can't get Drum or Port Royal or any of the European tobacco.
Maybe I just didn't go to the right places.
I ended up buying and smoking Marlboro (in Alberta rebranded as "Rooftop") and Camel's just to get something with any flavour.
Of the Hotels we stayed at, only Holiday Inn in Vancouver had a Patio where you could smoke freely, the others you had to stand out on the street.

Its about time Smokers stood up for their rights Globally, 16% of Canadians still smoke according to an article I read in the Vancouver newspaper.
On the way back I got 5 packs of 50gram Port Royal at the Duty Free in Auckland, at half the price retail in NZ, which is what I should have done going North.

edit on 07u20420414 by muzzy because: speeling

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
reply to post by HIWATT

that would be ideal, only i dunno how to grow tobacco, and i am not sure if I am ALLOWED to grow tobacco for personal use...
Will have to look into that

growing tobacco here in aus is illegal,and one would end up in hot water with the authorities ...there was a guy here who got caught growing his own for personal use and he got hammered way worse than if he was growing weed....its not good to interfere with government income....silly world we live in

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
do not use the tubes if you smoke while driving.

hot ash drops from the Cigarette as it get close to the filter.

i use filters and tops paper and roll with a rolling machine.

Use this type machine
gunznbutta.typepad.com...

Do not use the ones with the extra levers or other gimmicks.
www.rollingpaperdepot.com...

this is the type filter to use. and if you find the long ones you can cut them in half. they come in bags of 100.
us.123rf.com...

And any good rolling papers that fit your rolling machine. watch the count as some stores sell 35 count or less papers for pot smokers for the same price other stores sell the 100 count.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Normal cigarettes make me feel sick now they have all that fire safe stuff in them, since that change a few years back i always get headaches too i still smoke them though >.< i used too roll my own and i felt heaps better , but the convenience of getting a packet won and i just kept on buying them again! When i finish my pack im going to go back to rolling my own after reading about it now and being reminded! So thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I want to vaping recently, wanna stick around for my son, but I still dont see an issue with smoking for those that want to

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
Haha you are right about that hot ash bit, I don't smoke mine all the way down anymore because of that. Nothing like a cherry falling under your ass while you are driving for a wake up call. I tend to avoid smoking while driving, it can be a bit of a distraction, and it only takes one distraction for an accident to happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Tax went up of tobacco and cigs this year again here in NZ, its about $NZ40 for a 30gram of Port Royal now!
had a laugh at those saying not to smoke while driving, ha! I ROLL my cigs by hand (finger roll) with filter WHILE I'm driving. Don't even need to look down away from the road ahead. Keep the wheel steady with my wrists, and make sure the road ahead is smooth. Freaks some passengers out though

Knew a few older guys who could roll a cig with one hand, but I've never mastered that.
edit on 1200000036036014 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I roll my own. It's cheaper. The only problem is my Top o Matic broke so now I'm stuck with one of those slider things. I hate those. I either rip the paper or don't fill the thing up all the way so there's this gap at the bottom.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzy
My uncle used to be similar, except he would onehanded roll up a joint. He had some skills RIP. Personally I am now trying to transition into vaping instead of smoking. Once I am able to get a solid stockpile of juice, I should be golden.

edit on Tue, 06 Jan 2015 06:53:12 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You can legally grow tobacco in the UK for your own use.
Plenty of websites selling suitable seeds and things if you look.

Personally, I vape now. Got a mod that blows far more vape than even a big old Habano.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

All I can say is........?.??

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I thought I saw some of that growing around here. Can you really smoke it or is it just a joke?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

You sure can just don't over do it. It also helps colds and flue it breaks up congestion. I don't smoke but I chew it.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Good to know. Can you pick it any time or just a certain time of year?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Mainly fall and winter when the leaves are a silvery gray. Research its uses first and see if it agrees with you.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

This is interesting to know as it grows all over the place where I live.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I too roll my own. When I went to my local cigarette shop they had a bag of tobacco for around 13 or so dollars. What I find out later is that it was pipe tobacco, so needless to say I stopped buying that.

What I opted for instead was a can of American spirit tobacco and tubes to roll my own. It comes with 200 papers and all together lasts me about a month, for around 35 bucks.

I used to use a rolling machine but found out when I rol them myself the tobacco lasts longer, so been doing it that way ever since. Also I don't have a cough or phlegm build up like I used too smoking packed cigarettes.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I will do that. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Glad to hear that you're vaping. More and more people are making the switch - it's the best decision I've ever made. Doesn't stink (I've always been appalled by the smell of burnt cigarettes on my fingers and clothes), tastes great, the sensation is great, it's less expensive (unless you go way down the vaping rabbit hole and opt for top of the line everything).

The technology has also come a very, very long way. You can emulate the cigarette experience with tobacco-flavoured juices, and stick with that at high nicotine level, or you can wean yourself off nicotine altogether. That's what I did, although I still vape - strictly zero nicotine juice these days.

I like to keep a few different flavours on hand at all times. Finishing up the last of my Eggnog flavour left over from the holidays, it's delicious.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
I too roll my own,been doing it for the last five years or so.The thing that ive noticed is that i dont have a smokers cough like i did with cigarettes and i dont waken up gasping for a smoke.I should also mention that i dont use filters either just a rolled up bit of cardboard.

Here in The Netherlands it is very common that a person rolls his own cigarette with tabacco and a paper. Ever since the price of cigarettes has risen steadily these empty filtertubes have been a succes for the manufacturers ... and smokers in my country .

The only thing which remain are those crazy prices for tabacco. Bit cynical remark and ..maybe I shouldn't say this.. but for the amount of tabacco taxes I paid over the years I qualify and expect first class medical assistance in case I develop a lung illness.

My father did smoke his entire life dark tabacco and rolled the cigarettes himself with a paper and never had a complaint about his lungs. They say that this dark tabacco is not as much chemical treated as the lighter ones. Me personally think that micro or maybe nano fibers of the filter in a filtercigarette causes lung cancer or other lung diseases. But that is of course speculation.

edit on 6/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join