It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Catholic Bible tells me....the vatican is the great harlot?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
In Revelations 17, 9;
Here is a clue for one who has wisdom. The Seven heads represent seven hills upon which the woman sits.

and in the footnotes it says.
17,9; Here is a clue:literally, "Here a mind that has wisdom." Seven Hills: of Rome.

I use The New American Bible catholic mission edition,
They say the woman is a city who rides the beast,
the vatican has been known as the city of seven hills for a very long time.

What does this mean? Does the vatican secretly rule the world in mafia-style?
why does my bible in the footnotes say 17, 1-6 ; Babylon the symbolic name(5) of Rome, is Graphically described as "The Great Harlot."

I once read a very nice post about how "All Roads Lead to Rome."
the vatican has recently called for a one world government.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
all roads lead to rome.

it says in revelations 17, 6; *I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to jesus.

as well as inquisitions and who knows how many atrocities has been recorded in history.
for example witch hunts and persecuting other types of christians.

and in Revelations 17,18 it says;
The Woman whom you saw represents the great city that has sovereignty over the earth.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Vatican City

The world's smallest country, Vatican City occupies 0.44 sq km (about .2 square miles) and is completely encircled by the city of Rome. Vatican City serves as the spiritual center for millions of practicing Roman Catholics worldwide.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

it says in revelations 17, 6; *I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to jesus.

as well as inquisitions and who knows how many atrocities has been recorded in history.

Wrong. Jerusalem has been clearly described as having the blood of the holy men. Only Jerusalem has been accused of this crime.

Compare....

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. -Matthew 23:35

with

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
-Revelations 18:24

also theres this...

Compare

And you, O desolate one, what will you do? Although you dress in scarlet, Although you decorate yourself with ornaments of gold, Although you enlarge your eyes with paint, In vain you make yourself beautiful; Your lovers despise you; They seek your life. I hear a cry as of a woman in labor, a groan as of one bearing her first child--the cry of the Daughter of Zion gasping for breath, stretching out her hands and saying, "Alas! I am fainting; my life is given over to murderers."
-Jeremiah 4:30-31

with

And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality – Revelation 17:4

Jeremiah was making a prophecy against Jerusalem. And the same takes place in Revelations.

edit on 2-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Look into the "concordants" the vatican has with many countries and the catholic principalities it has set up. The beast is the jesuits and the black pope.

Look into early european history and the part the jesuits in the catholic church played.

And it all starts to make sense.

PS I was raised catholic. My uncle was a priest, my aunt was a nun, until she left at Vatican 11, she couldn't deal with the apostacy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

sounds more like the catholic church to me!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Wrong. Jerusalem has been clearly described as having the blood of the holy men. Only Jerusalem has been accused of this crime.

Compare....

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. -Matthew 23:35

with

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

also theres this...

Compare

And you, O desolate one, what will you do? Although you dress in scarlet, Although you decorate yourself with ornaments of gold, Although you enlarge your eyes with paint, In vain you make yourself beautiful; Your lovers despise you; They seek your life. -Jeremiah 4:30-31

with

And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality – Revelation 17:4

i see what your saying but why does my bibles footnotes say rome and stuff like that.
how can you compare jerusalem to babylon?
why do they mention babylon in the old testament but compare it to rome in the new testament?

why would the catholics set my bible up to say that rome is the scarlet woman.
I dont know about jerusalem,

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

How so? Care to back it up with a verse or two?
Jesus said that Jerusalem has the blood of the holy men. He never mentioned the "Catholic church".

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Happy1

How so? Care to back it up with a verse or two?
Jesus said that Jerusalem has the blood of the holy men. He never mentioned the "Catholic church".

It was the romans who crucified jesus and some of his apostles;

Peter went around teaching for a very long time, till one day while in Rome, he heard a rumor that soldiers where going to come and take him and crucify him. Peter did not like this, so he quickly left. On the road leaving Rome, Peter passed a man, He realized it was Jesus. Peter said Jesus, what are you doing? Jesus said I'm on my way to Rome to be crucified again, since you don't want to do it. Peter felt bad and went back to Rome.

When they went to put Peter on the cross, Peter said I am not worthy to die the same way Jesus did, The Romans said OK, and hung him upside down.

When jesus picked the 12 apostles, and then judas betrayed him eventually,

they picked a new 12th apostle, someone who was a witness to jesus.
Some of those witnesses to jesus were persecuted by the romans.

and what im wondering is the present moment in anyways a continuation of the roman empire like many other people exclaim?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

i see what your saying but why does my bibles footnotes say rome and stuff like that.

Which Bible are you using exactly? Are you sure its the Catholic Bible?

why do they mention babylon in the old testament but compare it to rome in the new testament?

The "whore" is accused of having the blood of the holy men....and Jerusalem was also accused of the same... by Jesus.
And the "whore" is later revealed to be a city. Put 1 and 1 together....Jerusalem is the whore.

Also, I don't see where Rome is mentioned in the NT. Can you post the exact verse you are referring to?

why would the catholics set my bible up to say that rome is the scarlet woman.

Something doesn't add up here. What bible are you using exactly, again? What edition?
Can you post a snapshot of the page containing the publishing info?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

It was the romans who crucified jesus and some of his apostles;

Pilate washed his hands off responsibility.... and the Jews accepted it by saying " "Let his blood be on us and on our children!"

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!" All the people answered, "Let his blood be on us and on our children!"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

they picked a new 12th apostle, someone who was a witness to jesus.
Some of those witnesses to jesus were persecuted by the romans.

And in an ironic twist, Rome became Christianized...and supported Christianity,.

I'm not defending Catholicism here, just pointing out that Biblically.... it is Jerusalem thats the great whore and not the Vatican city or Rome.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

its called The New American Bible,
the footnotes are on the bottom right of each page.

it says " Catholic mission edition."

but i agree jerusalem,

both Israel AND the vatican both seem to be like some kind of mafia that controls others.
but are there 7 hills that mean anything in particular in jerusalem?

or do you view it as the 7 hills represent 7 mountains from isiah ezekiel and daniel ;

somebody once told me that the United Nations was the Scarlet Woman.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Compare....

with

also theres this...

Compare

And you, O desolate one, what will you do? Although you dress in scarlet, Although you decorate yourself with ornaments of gold, Although you enlarge your eyes with paint, In vain you make yourself beautiful; Your lovers despise you; They seek your life. I hear a cry as of a woman in labor, a groan as of one bearing her first child--the cry of the Daughter of Zion gasping for breath, stretching out her hands and saying, "Alas! I am fainting; my life is given over to murderers."
-Jeremiah 4:30-31

with

Jeremiah was making a prophecy against Jerusalem. And the same takes place in Revelations.

If you were to read about what happened in the Dark Ages, you may be inclined to change your opinion. There is also a book titled Foxe's Book of Martyrs that is worth reading to learn about this subject. Millions and millions of people who went against the Roman Catholic Church were murdered using the most grotesque methods imaginable.

That is, of course, not the only thing which proves the Vatican/Roman Catholic Church/Popes are indeed the first beast of Revelation. There are many other facts. Here is a link to a video which shows how it is impossible for the Roman Catholic Church to not be the first beast (which is the same thing as the Great Harlot).

www.john1429.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Have you read the news that the vatican is setting up shop in jerusalem? In fact, they are setting up a "combined" temple for the islams, the christian, and the jews.

Look it up, one world religion, headed by the catholic church. Jerusalem will be the world's capital under a NWO, with a "one world" religion - pagan, it will be. Combining jewish, islam, christianity(?) and earth worship - Gia, Mary (mother of Christ - the pope's co-redemptrieux?)

This is easy to find info - please don't use the lame wikipedia which is a george soros run disinfo fund.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

If you were to read about what happened in the Dark Ages, you may be inclined to change your opinion.

What happened in the dark ages has nothing to do with whats in the Bible.
The Bible should be your guide to identify the whore. Only Jerusalem is accused of having the blood of holy people... and no other city. The same crime that the whore is accused of.

Trust me, I too had once bought into the falsehood about the Catholic church being the whore etc. I used to trust all these anti-catholic websites to get my information and thought I had some special super-secret knowledge. I was wrong.

A thorough study of the Bible changed my misconceptions regarding this subject.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

but are there 7 hills that mean anything in particular in jerusalem?

or do you view it as the 7 hills represent 7 mountains

Wiki has a page listing cities built on 7 hills.... and Jerusalem is one of them.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills

Jerusalem, Israel ...

the northern summit (hill) is called Scopus (Hill One),

The middle summit (hill) was called Nob (Hill Two),

The highest point of Olivet itself, and the southern summit (hill) was called in the Holy Scriptures the "Mount of Corruption" or "Mount of Offence" (Hill Three)

on the middle ridge between the Kedron and the Tyropoeon Valleys there was (formerly) in the south "Mount Zion" (Hill Four)

the "Ophel Mount" (Hill Five),

to the north of that the "Rock" around which "Fort Antonia" was built (Hill Six),

and the southwest hill itself (Hill Seven)

Yup. That completes it. Jerusalem not only has the blood of holy men, but also sits on 7 hills.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

i agree with you because of your bible quotes,
but i am confused to as why catholics would be putting "seven hills: of rome"
in their footnotes as what they want their interpretation of revelations to be.

either that or my footnotes are to decieve me,
which continues the conspiracy regardless!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

That is, of course, not the only thing which proves the Vatican/Roman Catholic Church/Popes are indeed the first beast of Revelation. There are many other facts. Here is a link to a video which shows how it is impossible for the Roman Catholic Church to not be the first beast (which is the same thing as the Great Harlot).

Then explain to me why only Jerusalem is accused of having spilled the blood of holy men?
Its something to consider because the whore is also accused of the same exact thing.

Also the first beast is not the same as the great harlot. The harlot sits on a beast which is the same as the first beast.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

but i am confused to as why catholics would be putting "seven hills: of rome"
in their footnotes as what they want their interpretation of revelations to be.

Yeah, thats got me scratching my head as well.

Better go ask on a Catholic forum. From what I have seen, Catholics deny that the Vatican has anything to do with the whore.

Also, the people who put together that version of the Bible obviously made a mistake by putting "Rome" in the footnotes. I suggest you forget the footnotes and go over the actual verses.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

the footnotes say rome repeatedly not just once

for example it says for 16,9 ; The Great city: Rome and the Empire.

and for 17,2 : intercourse...harlotry:see the note on 14,4. The pagan kings subject to Rome adopted the cult of the emperor.

and for 17,4 it says; Reference to the great wealth and idolatrous cults of Rome.

they are meant to be what they want you to interpret this stuff as or what they have interpreted it as.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join