It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 veterans commit suicide each day: VA report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by NarrowGate

Not any more than any other nationality. There are plenty of closeminded americans that think the same about mexicans, iranians, etc. Close minded minorities don't frighten me.

When that minority becomes the majority you have what I am talking about.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Spread knowledge about detox. People have brain altering parasites and other nasty stuff. The population is poisoned. Drink borax to get rid of fluoride. It builds crazy bone density too. I'm building bone mass and density so i can be strong.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Running the math there is an (all numbers are average approximate) 105 suicides every day in the U.S. out of a population 315 million, and out of 22 million veterans 22 suicides per day. That is a 300% higher suicide rate in vets compared to the national average. The overall numbers are terrible to here of course because of the subject matter, suicide, but not scary in themselves. The percentages are undeniably awful and the government needs to chime in and do something about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

Spread knowledge about detox. People have brain altering parasites and other nasty stuff. The population is poisoned. Drink borax to get rid of fluoride. It builds crazy bone density too. I'm building bone mass and density so i can be strong.

Why do so many people have serpentine eyes in their avatar on this website?

I inhale 4,000 chemicals 10 (used to be 20) times a day in cigarettes. I guess I will work on the floride when I am rid of rat poison arsenic and cyanide.

Amazing what our bodies can handle.
edit on 5-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 8infinity8

The way the government deals with veterans that need help is to deny it to them..They will send them home with bottles of pills that add to their problems and maybe set them up for counseling appointments which when the two are combined prevents them from being gainfully employed... It was 20 years of jumping through hoops and playing their game before Vietnam vets were finally getting the straight skinny on PTSD and told it's a chronic condition they had to live with... By the time that happened every personal relationship they ever had was history with was over or on the rocks because the people in their lives had written them off as being lazy moochers out to draw a disability check... All of the money in the world won't block out the horrors of war or of having to relive while putting together a case for compensation ... There are veterans that won their claims and received compensation income they could comfortably live on killing themselves all of the time..

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Before I say anything on this, I want to know how many of these suicides have been in combat?

Over 75% of veterans have not seen combat. PTSD would not be an issue for someone who hasn't been in combat. Nobody seems interested in breaking out those numbers.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Before I say anything on this, I want to know how many of these suicides have been in combat?

Over 75% of veterans have not seen combat. PTSD would not be an issue for someone who hasn't been in combat. Nobody seems interested in breaking out those numbers.

BS. You can get PTSD in a variety of non-combat related ways I don't feel like describing.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
All right here we go, anyone who is a regular here at ATS will know for a fact that I am very very anti war.
I hate war I hate how the USA and the UN and my Country Canada are acting.

I hate it all!

There is always a but and here is my BUT...... this is not right, how can this many people doing themselves go under the radar and not be explored further?

This is an insane number of people, I am sure they all had good intentions when they joined and had faith in the fact that if in trouble mentally/physically help would be there.

Me thinks lots of these fellows and gals had no choice with the economic situation there in the USA.

This is unusual for me to post on a topic like this.............I did because it really bothered me.

I pray for their souls, I pray for their families, I pray right now and pray again that the USA war machine has a major breakdown.

S&F
I will not be back
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8infinity8
reply to post by benrl

Running the math there is an (all numbers are average approximate) 105 suicides every day in the U.S. out of a population 315 million, and out of 22 million veterans 22 suicides per day. That is a 300% higher suicide rate in vets compared to the national average. The overall numbers are terrible to here of course because of the subject matter, suicide, but not scary in themselves. The percentages are undeniably awful and the government needs to chime in and do something about it.

Where are the sources for your figures? You should also specify what year(s) you are talking about. The suicide rates change yearly. It's very easy to manipulate these suicide numbers and create scandalous headlines.

I've posted some stuff earlier in this thread that seems to indicate that the suicide rates among veterans is on par with the CDC national suicide rate, which is increasing in the last 10 years. I do not see any proof here that veterans are killing themselves at a faster rate than the general population.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The study by the VA is only partially completed and based only on people that are using the VA for medical care.. The numbers they come up with is 35 per 100,000 mostly of vets of 60 years of age, female vets and Vet during the first for months of being released from active duty.... www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
BS. You can get PTSD in a variety of non-combat related ways I don't feel like describing.

BS yourself. I know that you can get PTSD without even being in the military. My point is why are they separating veterans from everybody else?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
majority of these suicides, from infantry ? anyone know suicide rate from USAF veteran or navy veteran who never see the enemy face to face?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I am connected at 30% PTSD and 50% COPD due to oil well fires(Khamisiyah) the DAV rep came up with that HE was a Vietnam vet his self.Here in Colorado the system is pretty good but I damn sure augment them with the herbal libation here.It usually tunes DOWN my anger. Doesn't help the lungs.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I am connected at 30% PTSD and 50% COPD due to oil well fires(Khamisiyah) the DAV rep came up with that HE was a Vietnam vet his self.Here in Colorado the system is pretty good but I damn sure augment them with the herbal libation here.It usually tunes DOWN my anger. Doesn't help the lungs.

how can you get PSTD from oil well fire ? this is Suicide for combat veteran , not some oil worker who get burned..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo
The COPD is from the fires dude lol. COPD is a lung problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

In fact it was a Khamisiyah problem but that will be our little secret to Milomilo here who can't figure out what an SKS is so ...no loss there.
OIL WELL fire is what the DAV said to get the paperwork THROUGH because HE was a Viet Nam vet and didn't want me to DIE..he likes
my paintings too.
edit on 20-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
I am not the biggest supporter of the military, quite often I will bash the military. Most people that join the military are just kids, doing the best they can with the life they were given. I can't hate too hard on them, just because I had the brains to resist their tempting positions. People I knew that fought in WW2 always encouraged me to join, while people I knew that were drafted to vietnam told me it would be a huge mistake. I think the only difference was WW2 there was much better propaganda, pearl harbor pissed many off even though it was a legit target of war. We made the same logic jump when we dropped our nukes, we killed many civilians and turned areas to glass, based on the fact that their was some war factories there. Using that logic, pearl harbor was a legit place to bomb.

I had an uncle that was in the navy and saw the places we dropped the bombs. He told me of what it was like to see them areas decimated. He is totally bound by propaganda and thinks the bombs were dropped for justice. Yet to this day he has nightmares about his tours in that area. Being a navy guy back then, he cannot even conceive that maybe he was on the wrong side, and felt bad about the destruction of hiroshima, he still feels they probably deserved it.
edit on Mon, 21 Jul 2014 00:24:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

After looking at the variables I do believe the world would RATHER we drop that weapon rather than invade. It would have been hideous.
When they were set up to act by cutting off their raw materials and oil,the administration had it's war.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 8infinity8

3 times more likely....the link is clear.

There are many reasons a person commits suicide. Perhaps more research and counseling is necessary. There are schedule 1s (besides the world's most popular plant) that many believe along side of counseling can help.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join