It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor to waitress: I GIVE GOD 10% WHY SHOULD I GIVE YOU 18%?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by undo

You know what? There's all kinds of people and all kinds of truck stops and restaurants. In my 35 years, I never once saw anyone defile a customer's food, except once. That person was reported and stopped before the food went out to the customer.

Just saying, it counts where you eat, and how you treat people, apparently...........

21 years and I saw it happen one time when I was 19 and the girl knew the person who ate that hot fudge sundae

Just have to say it, truth rocks

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's too bad that the employees were fired, I wonder if the pastor knew how low the waitresses wage was.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
This is pretty funny. I was just thinking about this topic a few hours ago. and I was also just now about to watch Reservoir Dogs.

Seriously though, think about why you are paying tips....
It's because the greedy corporations, i.e. Applebees, have created a system where they pay their employees little, overcharge you for food, then demand you pay their employees for them.

It's a corporate money making scheme(in most cases) and society has fallen for it hook,line, and sinker.

I mean wtf, why give every waitress 18%? Why not at the very least give them what they deserve for the effort they put it.

YES YES YES Stop going to these restaurants! Patronize your local restaurants and businesses. .

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
For 18% she can serve me, "under the table"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
It's too bad that the employees were fired, I wonder if the pastor knew how low the waitresses wage was.

Anyone with a self-entitlement complex strong enough to convince themselves that an 18% bump on their wage is justified by them simply being friendly to a customer - deserves to be fired.

And this was at Applebees? Really??? I don't see any McDonalds employees bitching about not being tipped...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

A) nowhere in the bible does it say give 10% to God every week. nowhere.

So on the question of tithing in the New Testament. Nowhere does Paul or any other apostle mention a required amount. On the other hand, Israel was under the law, being a theocratic nation they were obligated to tithe. Jesus had kept the law before He was crucified, for this reason Jesus had Peter pay the temple tax (Matthew 17:24). After Jesus was crucified the New Covenant began and the Old was finished (Heb.8:7,13). New Testament Christians were NEVER under the Old covenant law? One cannot conclude tithing is required under the New Covenant the same as the Lord's Supper and Baptism. Not once does any epistle contain any admonitions or a rebuke for failing to tithe. The necessity of giving is mentioned but only with the right attitude, to help and support others. You do not have to tithe to have God's blessing, in fact, those who are well off are asked to give away their things away when necessary. “Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life” (1 Timothy 6:17-19). It is actually the opposite, if you tithe by obligation then you are bound by all the law. Galatians 5:4 explains “Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.”

Once the yearly harvest was done or your next herd as born , and everyone involved got their share & had enough to live on until next year.. THEN what was left was given to the temple or those in need.. as in a charity..big difference! you make good, break something off for others, without arrogance... Didn't Jesus supposedly come and change all that? he was the blood, no need for a sacrifice/tithe anymore. which the priests or rabbis would just steal anyway. make them rich for your sacrifice? scam.

B) Why the bleep are people letting corporations get away with passing off paying a decent living wage to their employees on to the customer? corporation: we don't need to pay you that much because we think you will make extra money from tips. IRS: we think you will make this much is tips & therefore are going to be taxed on what you may or may not receive from customers. either way your taxed at the higher assumption. scam

and that pastor? that pastor does not give a tithe.. his wage is PAID by tithes... so if in fact he were to pay a 10% tithe, that is all ready known before hand and therefore included in the TOTAL. you want 100k a year? ask for 110k and then your 10% tithe is included in your wage you sacrifice NOTHING. not a dam thing. and thats not concerning all the tax free heavens involved in that bleepin' industry...

total scam either way.

not to mention the money is debt based on your signature creating a species of money (loan) & fiat.. you create them money, then you pay back what you created (2x) plus interest. scam scam scam..

edit on 2-2-2013 by reeferman because: i have a sticky W key..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I agree, Why should she get 18%. I tip well for good service, heck, I'm a chef now and I understand and tip well sometimes as long as they show up and refill my drinks. But a mandatory 18%? Not unless you have a party of 10+. I also worked at an Applebees and was fired because i posted on Facebook after a very hard time in my life when I lost loved ones, that working at Applebees just plain sucks. They are very bad to work for. 2 years of working for a bone, and I get a 25 cent raise once a year, which they only allowed a small amount of small raises to be given. 1 other cook and I received raises at our store, and 2 "lifers" couldn't because they were at their pay limit, which was not very much.

Back to the subject, that is pretty funny. Crossed out the 18% amount and wrote the total with no tip

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Do you have any idea how obvious it is you were somehow personally hurt by a waitress? Dude, she really did a number on you, wasn't your Mother was it? I hope they ban you.

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Your comment baffles me. 20% is the norm 18% is low.

So I have a $100 meal with my wife and you spent 5 mins total serving me...nice wage...

There's one in every bunch..

Please tell me where you spent a hundro and the waitress only served you for five minutes???

I do agree she deserved to be fired.

If you don't want to pay an auto gratuity,G go to one of the many restaurants who don't have them..Simple fix there.

Good and bad tippers come in all packages.

I believe all the blame should be on whomever's idea it was to take 8 or more ( or one for that matter) people to Applebee's

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by beautyofperil

Anyone with a self-entitlement complex strong enough to convince themselves that an 18% bump on their wage is justified by them simply being friendly to a customer - deserves to be fired.

And this was at Applebees? Really??? I don't see any McDonalds employees bitching about not being tipped...

Hey hiwatt, juuust curious...REAL QUICK NOW...How much do you think the servers at Applebee's make?

HEY noooo peeking at the pages and pages before this where it's talked about

If you ARE aware of the facts on the matter then, please, tell me then again about my self-entitlement complex??

edit on 2-2-2013 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Imagine you were the server.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I dont Give Tips

Looks like my first post about not giving tips seems to have cause quite the stir, with several people responding to my first post like I am “Cheap” or that I am whatever else you want to call me because I don’t give tips.

To be very clear, if any of you had bothered for a moment to read the second page of this thread I am form the UK, not everyone on ATS is American please understand that. In the UK we have a minimum wage that its equal to almost $10 a hour so that is why I don’t feel a need to tip because they are already being paid well enough to provide a service if they want to get paid more then they should get a better job. But I am not going to give them a extra $2 just because they performed their job the toe level that they would be expect to do so in order to earn their pay.

On another note, please don’t send me U2U’s about this, I am not going to bother reading them.

Now can someone also please tell me why the hell a thread about a pastor not shelling out a 18% tip has turned into 14 pages, this should be on BTS it is not deserving of a ATS spot. There are much bigger much more interesting things going on in the world just now other than some waitress losing her job and a pastor not paying a tip.

If this is what you people think is important in this world then you really need to start getting out more (just don’t forget to tip whoever you may come across)

edit on 2-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I give 20% tips ... unless the service is bad. It's up to the person getting the service to tip or not. It should be based upon the service received .. not how much they give to God elsewhere. Tip for good service .. don't tip for bad service. Leave God out of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I GIVE GOD 10% WHY SHOULD I GIVE YOU 18%?

First of all, she fed his arse, while all his God does is demand to be served, and worshipped, and feared... a complete and total narcissist buffoon.....

Second of all, he will strike you dead if you don't pay his extortion...

Ananias And Sapphira

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-2-2013 by MeritocracyNow because: typo

edit on 2-2-2013 by MeritocracyNow because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Because the waitress has to actually work for a living, "God" already has enough money.

From the Catholic church alone.

In 1994, the audit listed: - 1,483 billion lire in assets [About $848 million]: - - 732 billion lire [about $419 million] in liabilities (in the 'Consolidated Financial Statements of the Holy See' (410 billion in cash, 479 billion in stocks and bonds, 29 billion in gold, and 470 billion in fixed assets - investments and real-estate) . 269 billion lire are in deposits and accounts of Vatican entities, 96 billion for employees' severance indemnities and 262 billion at the value of pensions to present employees; - 750 billion are in net assets [$430 million].

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

What's sad, is he's the one that's preaching love one another to his flock every Sunday. His flock probably respects him, but know little about his true self. It's just another example of how hypocritical leaders of religion truly are. For him to request her and everyone be fired for his rude note is heartless. He should be fired from the priest hood.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If the service was bad, I could probably see writing that and denying a tip. Why would someone say they are a "pastor" and then write such a thing? The "pastor" will have to answer to that in other ways (karma).

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MeritocracyNow

First of all, she fed his arse,

She didnt feed anyone, the cook made the food and im sure the pastor fed himself.
All she did was carry his food from point A to point B, a delivery person.
I wouldnt mind being given a number and pick up my own food when the cook calls out the number, that would make these whiny ass waiters obsolete.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Are you sincerely insinuating there is some type of conspiracy going on? LOL
Those "canned" responses you see and automatically assumed conspiracy.. ever consider those are people that have worked as servers and say those things because they have worked those jobs and have been sour over small tips?

Tipping has been around since long before single families were common.

You are going off the rails a bit. I guess you are a cook? No one is stopping those cooks from becoming servers..
edit on 2-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Yes, but in this instance it was a party of 8 or more that only ordered drinks (look at the size of the bill 30 some dollars for 8+ people?). So she wasn't getting a fat tip even with the gratuity.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I want to point out something though that I find kind of annoying. First off I always tip and I do so decently, but I have never understood tipping the same percentage based on the price of the meal. Why should I tip more for a plate full of steak v.s. a burger? The waiter did the same amount of serving. That steak didn't require and more work on their part than the burger. If the waiter made 15 or 20 bucks for the hour they served you and people call that a bad tip because of how many plates they brought or because the percentage warranted 25 or 30 dollars.. that's ridiculous. There are people working beside the highway that don't make 20 dollars an hour (not to mention added gratuity in those situations).

Also I think people mislead others to believe that they are taking up the persons time at work which isn't the case and also that since they are taking up the waiters time they should make up the wage they are missing from the low pay. Unless the place is empty they are running a few more tables. Again, not against tipping, but there are a lot of misconceptions and people are hard about tipping. I do agree that there is a bit of an extreme family restaurant tipping culture in America (though not to the conspiratorial levels another poster mentioned). I actually think the argument arises because of the way pay wages have not increased but inflation has so the amount a person can tip and what they should tip seems skewed. If you give a 3 or 4 dollar tip I don't see how anyone could fault you.. you have made up the difference between server pay and minimum wage.

edit on 2-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Woah woah.. she didn't get any girl fired AT ALL.
The girl got fired for her own actions of posting the receipt. Most people would probably complain about that. People complain about far less at restaurants (like no pickles).

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join