It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack 'Hussein' Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

You think that:-
We use his middle name to convey that he is a muslim.

Sometime's it may be true but not always.
Just coz its an Islamic middlename does not mean that we are not supposed to use to to avoid any bad feelings.

That's BS.

If your name is Islamic,it is.
What is there to hide?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by shivaX

And it's your right to play dumb

You're not fooling anyone but yourself and your like kind.

edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

And it's your right to play dumb

OH so you say that anyone who uses Obama's middlename while calling him is dumb.

That is very nice of you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I hear it at home from my stepdad, who dislikes Obama a lot. It isn't for no reason, since he doesn't regularly call people by all three of their names.
Come to think of it, I can't think of any other reason why Obama's middle name would be voiced in an everyday conversational manner, unless informing someone of his entire name was a practical necessity. And believe me, I can tell the difference between practical and condescending.

edit on 1-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

This guy
Accuses me of "bluffing", calls me and leaves the table...
Way to troll a thread with his islamophobic logic.

Back on topic:
People who want to criticize Obama and go for a cheap shot like his middlename harm their own credibility IMO.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

leaves the table

I am right here.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeOldBrew
I guess I can see where you're coming from, but I don't recall ever seeing his name in quotation marks. If you can provide examples of this I would be more inclined to believe you. Do you have any links to articles with Hussein in quotation marks?

As for myself, I always use my middle name because I like it and I have an extremely common last name.

The post that inspired the Rant was by sivaX funnily enough, in the cop stops school shooting thread. He refered to him as Barack 'hussein' Obama. Hence the rant, as it is totally unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The post that inspired the Rant was by sivaX funnily enough

I know it. I have seen you around.

And I can tell you already,we are not gonna be friends.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Oh I'm sorry.
Would you mind anwering my questions then?

If you really think Obamas middlename has any significance regarding his political competence, I'd still be interested to know.

Take your time...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

I hope we are not going to be enemies either, I may not agree with what you say and I may find it a bit crass in the way hussein is used, but it is a free world. I just want to truely understand why people think it is big and clever to do so. I could very well agree with you on many other topics, I just will not on this.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If you really think Obamas middlename has any significance regarding his political competence, I'd still be interested to know.

It has no significance.

When on earth did I tell you that it has some kind of significance?

But that does not change the fact that his middle name is 'hussein'.

And people have every right to call him by his name.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Originally posted by shivaX

When on earth did I tell you that it has some kind of significance?

Do you suffer from some sort of dyslexia or are you just a effing troll.

Reread the thread, your posts and my replies...

*eta: You know... don't bother.

Originally posted by shivaX
It has no significance.

Q.e.d. ... Case closed.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Ok, you know who you are, the guys that quote 'Hussein' in the American Presidents name as if to prove some sort of point. Well this will be a short rant but to the point, doing this only indicates to me that I should not bother reading the rest of your post and it also indicates to me that you have some form of Xenophobia as you are clearly afraid of the name Hussein, like it is actually of any significance.

So from I have taken from this thread is that the issue is putting quotes around the middle name.

Like if someone was named John "Liam" Smith, it would look like someone had a problem with Irish people.

I don't know any other names that are typically white, but are used mostly by a particular region, so please no flaming from the Irish
. I like Irish people a lot.

To say Barrack Hussein Obama looks fine.
To say Barrack "Hussein" Obama looks like someone is comparing him to Saddam Hussein.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

No, I think quoting his middle name at all, in 99% of cases is done so with a political agenda behind it. People just don't go around calling people by their entire full name in normal circumstance. So the use of the Hussein name and the context and enviroment it is used in, puts beyond doubt about peoples intentions behind using it. Anybody that denies that mustn't be able to say so without there nose spontaniously growing and to claim otherwise is basically an insult to peoples inteligence.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Using quotations around a middle name traditionally implies that the person being discussed goes by their middle name in preference to their Christian name - much like a nickname.

Since Barack Obama does not go by Hussein as a primary name, in any records of public note, nor in allegorical reference or account - one must assume the obvious. Those who use the quotations are trying to stir the pot because it is an ethnic name.

More appropriate, from what I've read, might be Barack "Barry" Obama. Though I am fairly certain that even his own wife calls him Barack these days. I could be wrong however.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Why no drama over referring to the last president as "dubya"?

Why is it that if someone points out anything about the current resident of the WH, that they are automatically racist?

Lol so you seriously don't know the reason "dubya" came from?

SO you think its racist to called "Dubya"??

Dubya... W... as in George W Bush.... imagine a southern person saying W.

Shows your true colours lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I hadn't really thought of it that way, I was only thinking of the quotes when I answered, but yeah, George W Bush only had the W there, and not the whole middle name.
I don't even know what Clinton's middle name is, or for that matter, our Prime Minister's (Harper) middle name.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Jefferson.

(William Jefferson Clinton)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by micmerci
Why no drama over referring to the last president as "dubya"?

Why is it that if someone points out anything about the current resident of the WH, that they are automatically racist?

Lol so you seriously don't know the reason "dubya" came from?

SO you think its racist to called "Dubya"??

Dubya... W... as in George W Bush.... imagine a southern person saying W.

Shows your true colours lol.

Didn't say I did not know the origin! The level of disrespect is the same. It's disrespectful in both cases, not racist. I assumed one could infer this from my post, guess I was wrong. Or maybe you are showing YOUR true colors?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I don't even know ....our Prime Minister's (Harper) middle name.

Prime Minister Stephen "NoJobsForYoungerGenerations" Harper.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

You really think the following are the same?

Barack "Hussein" Obama
George "Dubya" Bush

One has ill intention, other is just nick name.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join