It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment, True Nature of Reality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

but those who deserve to find it will. peace

Either the slow way or the amagydala fear overload way. Lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by earthling42
reply to post by 0mage

Truth is subjective, everyone has his or her truth like you have yours

i disagree. chakra systems are not subjective. they are an all pervasive truth. but let's leave it there. like i said. im working on proof. the undeniable kind. u wont find any metaphors in what im speaking about.

Why do people keep saying truth is subjective? There is what is that included the views of what everybody thinks is. One single truth. Just because I do not know it now do not mean it is subjective.

Can people who say they know the truth of that truth is something fluid stop petting their ego on the head that it knows the truth that really is. When somebody know everything that is then they can come back to me and I will pet their ego.

Human brains can't literally handle the truth of what is since the human brain and mind do not have the capacity to keep that amount of information or at least I have not figured it out yet. Everything we think is truth is just simplification off what is.
edit on 29-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nf1del

Originally posted by Murgatroid
How about "enlightening" those of us who believe that enlightenment is a hoax...

TRUE enlightenment cannot happen without LIGHT, the light of god.

Did you connect with the SOURCE of enlightenment: GOD or the one who masquerades as God?

Einstein was enlightened, in an interview he said the knowledge "just comes to him", those of us that are enlightened know exactly what he meant by that statement, it is not something I could make you understand, either you are enlightened and understand or you are not!

I like Einstein. I have a feeling he was close to it if he was not over the line and in bliss-state. That just comes to him make me think of synchronicity. Hihihi

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I like this quote, thought i would share.
The field is the sole governing agency of the particle.
Albert Einstien.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
I like this quote, thought i would share.
The field is the sole governing agency of the particle.
Albert Einstien.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

that's quite an interesting quote! never came across that one before.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I obviously can't mind meld with people and show them, you've already got it your mind that I'm full of # as the first sentence of your post clearly shows. No matter what I say will be lost on skeptical ears, when you ask a question of the universe and you get an answer, that is enlightenment!

For me that is synchronicity and an effect of enlightenment not enlightenment itself. Whatever it is all connected whole anyway. We clearly have not invented the right terms to discuss these things without it being confusing to everyone and we do not understand each other because of limitations in language.

Let's play a game of synchronicity 11:11
11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 101 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 121 122 131 133 141 144 151 155 161 166

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

I obviously can't mind meld with people and show them, you've already got it your mind that I'm full of # as the first sentence of your post clearly shows. No matter what I say will be lost on skeptical ears, when you ask a question of the universe and you get an answer, that is enlightenment!

For me that is synchronicity and an effect of enlightenment not enlightenment itself. Whatever it is all connected whole anyway. We clearly have not invented the right terms to discuss these things without it being confusing to everyone and we do not understand each other because of limitations in language.

Let's play a game of synchronicity 11:11
11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 101 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 121 122 131 133 141 144 151 155 161 166

You are absolutely right, like I said in a previous post, I used that as a blanket statement but it seems the true message was lost in translation!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

you got me thinking with this thread

in fact i wrote one...take a look

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When you split the semantics of different vernacular, Of course he isn't enlightened. But I would say that if he has the guts to come on here and try to speak from the heart, which is one of the 7 pins on the wheel of Buddhism's Path to Enlightenment, to help those who aren't Enlightened, I would say he is. Just because he is enlightened, not illuminated which is a concept of the Illuminati, doesn't mean he:

1. Can bend time and space
2. Answer every question ever
3. Hold back his ego from answering questions his enlightened self should be answering.

It's all a process, in which, I feel, from where I am sitting, this guy has an understanding of. Achieving enlightenment isn't the same as being the most powerful, but it's coming to terms with who you are without the baggage of negative thoughts and actions, and starting to make the effort to be the best you can be. Call it what you will, but I believe that Enlightenment is action of becoming truthful with reality, not hiding behind what you think you know. That wasn't so much doubt I felt by saying he may not be Enlightened, but more of an "I'm not finished with being enlightened" statement in which he can never stop learning reality in the process of Enlightenment. Enlightened also doesn't mean perfect. The state of Enlightenment has always been a question since it originated, and one who is, can answer the questions of it. Not Someone who is not. Feel free to correct me OP. But another person denying ignorance is just what we need; Enlightened.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The primary key to enlightenment is to understand what it really is.

As in every other area in life, everything we are being told about enlightenment is actually a lie.

The purpose of this is to keep us from the truth and ultimately our destiny and purpose.

The agenda behind religion is identical, to hide the truth.

Religion has redefined and slandered spirituality and because of this people want NOTHING to do with it.

Enlightenment has also been redefined and most don't have a clue as to what it really means.

Because the truth about REAL enlightenment has been covered-up by lies, people want nothing to do with it.

As a result people are wasting their entire lives searching for something that does not exist.

Until you realize that there is a counterfeit enlightenment as well as a genuine, and know how to tell the difference, you are just wasting your time.

One of the best examples of true enlightenment I have ever seen is Ian Clayton.

He is one who has experienced both the counterfeit and genuine enlightenment.

"Ian Clayton, a New Zealand prophet and father of four, is a man who found himself seemingly chosen by the demonic realm to become a great occult leader.

At age 12, his growing awareness of God led him to the Bible and he started reading it from the beginning. Halfway through Deuteronomy he decided that it was full of rules and regulations and didn’t want anything to do with it. Just as he shut the Bible he heard a voice say, “Put your hand on top of the table and pick the table up.” Ian put his hand flat on the table top and it rose, sideways off the floor.

“It was an amazing power rush,” Ian explained. “Suddenly, I walked in power.”
Spirits started materializing at night and taught Ian how to do things such as astral travel and psychic healing, pendulum diagnosis, use of herbs in healing and in gaining power, and the power of demons in the spirit world. As the lessons continued, people grew frightened of Ian’s power. Many would talk about the headaches they got after being around him—headaches Ian attributes to the demonic resonance of the spirit force around his life. Meanwhile, signs and wonders manifested in Ian’s life much to his surprise and others’ shock.

“I would put my hand out and it would go into the wall—not up against it,” he said. By age 17, Ian was frightened of his own power and turned into an introvert attempting to shelter himself from others because of the phenomena that would occur.

According to Ian, the spirits taught him to become a psychic healer and he would lay hands on a body and take out the bits that were diseased. He could heal and he could kill with the same power that resided within him. “The moment I touched their flesh they submitted to the demon in my life. When I got angry at somebody I would release spirits and the people either were killed or became sick. At one point, my father got sick and my mother ended up in hospital because of my cursing them.”

Excerpt from Shifting Shadows of Supernatural Power

Ian Clayton Interviews on YouTube: www.youtube.com...

This search will show MP3's and video by Ian Clayton.

How To Build A Galaxy www.youtube.com...

The freakin Gate of Ian www.youtube.com...

Enlightenment is a COUNTERFEIT which means there MUST be a genuine...

"The road to self enlightenment is a hard climb upwards and once you get there you'll find you really weren't going up after all, but down. I know from experience and my real enlightenment was when I found this out. Its hard to tell where your headed when darkness becomes light, and light is considered darkness. That is the great deception."

Source

edit on 29-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yeah, no. He was allowed to be tempted by the devil like Jesus had to face in the wilderness, having only what he knows. He could have said no to being an occult leader, understanding it's probably not right. Just seems like you are saying that people who think they could be doing right with themselves are actually being led to the devil through good deeds. I'm not following you. Stick to your beliefs, because I'd rather not probe your head. XD

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
I'm not following you. ...I'd rather not probe your head. XD

I actually prefer NOT to be probed or followed thank you very much.

I believe the ET's, MIB, and the shadow people have that covered pretty well BTW.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, I want to say that in ATS we are not short of posts about "I am enlightened. I can answer all of your questions." This thread won't be the first or the last.
According to Zen, one shouldn't even talk about and to give form to the Void, the One Mind, the Emptiness of All. By doing so, one is giving form to the void, the one mind, the one consciousness. All the talks about what is or isn't enlightenment is counterproductive. Based on my experiences and reflections after I have experienced my Kundalini energy rising since the age of 18, I can say that enlightenment, a lot of times, is a tool our minds try to use to deal with our own existential crisis. I had and still have my own existential crisis. So, in a way, enlightenment is about form (illusion) and essence (reality) at the same time. Duality does not exist. You basically have to deal with your own inner struggles as well as the nature of the struggles in order to get closer to enlightenment. Your own personal experiences as well as your insight into the nature of suffering are very important.

I also believe that there are different stages of Mayas or system of Mayas one must go through in order to be totally and completely liberated. I was suffering immensely before my first Kundalini energy rising. I also suffered immensely after it...because my mind was wrapped around in another system of Mayas. Before, my suffering was personal. In my second stage of Maya, it was historical and collective. It gives me a greater meaning in life, ironically. It was in this stage I understood karma. I don't believe one can be completely free or liberated or to know the truth until you are older or cease to live and interact in this world and society. I thought about becoming a monk but my past life karma is strong. There are people in this world I still care about.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

A problem with enlightenment is that the seekers of it makes it a big deal but the people who have experianced being in the light (En-light-ened) knows it is a change and a tool but not the perfect solution some people think it is. Seek wisdom and answers for yourself and focus on that. If you do then En-light-ment might come as a part of your path.

People who are En-light-ened are just one spirit/human or whatever you wanna call it. Just because you figure something out do not make it your doing. You need all the inputs from all sources around you to get that output/event. The bliss/euphoria is kinda nice when you are not preoccupied with other things. But you do get a bit disconnected from other people and sometimes become a bit hermitlike.

I especially cannot handle dualistic small mindedness anymore and that becomes an issue when most religions keep sprouting that they have the solution that can fix everything when even an atheist can wake up and get it when many people of indoctrinated faith cannot. But maybe that is because the cup is already full and do not have room for anything else.

As they say:
Before Enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Did it make you laugh?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Enlightenment can also be a trap.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
Well, I want to say that in ATS we are not short of posts about "I am enlightened. I can answer all of your questions." This thread won't be the first or the last.
According to Zen, one shouldn't even talk about and to give form to the Void, the One Mind, the Emptiness of All. By doing so, one is giving form to the void, the one mind, the one consciousness. All the talks about what is or isn't enlightenment is counterproductive.

I'm eager to examine all concepts including myself for answers. Everyone spoke from personal perspective which was refreshing as opposed to quoting sutta's or zen. I think that answers your two paragraphs. Answering your next statement, although it was not spoken about directly, I have personally been to the void twice, and it seems logical that not speaking about my personal experience would be more counterproductive than what you suggest. I'd also like to drop a quote from Bruce Lee that supports your view, ''True thusness is without defiling thought; it cannot be known through conception and thought''

Based on my experiences and reflections after I have experienced my Kundalini energy rising since the age of 18, I can say that enlightenment, a lot of times, is a tool our minds try to use to deal with our own existential crisis. I had and still have my own existential crisis. So, in a way, enlightenment is about form (illusion) and essence (reality) at the same time. Duality does not exist. You basically have to deal with your own inner struggles as well as the nature of the struggles in order to get closer to enlightenment. Your own personal experiences as well as your insight into the nature of suffering are very important.

Existential crisis, personal matter, or suffering? Suffering is brought to a halt once one has realized enlightenment, so enlightenment might be a distraction - a convenient condition to comfortably avoid things. Which struggles does one have to endure? Are we not always extremely close to enlightenment? You mention enlightenment, illusion and reality, but you forgot emptiness. Realizing the inherent emptiness in form, and reality, and everything, is the realization of disillusionment removal. As you stated, the nature of suffering is important, I'll finish your thought by mentioning the most common source of our suffering, our mental projections or mental volition, ex. ''That gold ring is gorgeous! When I get it, I'll be the man! I'll have respect!'' Well.... what happens when you don't have that gold ring? You suffer.

I also believe that there are different stages of Mayas or system of Mayas one must go through in order to be totally and completely liberated. I was suffering immensely before my first Kundalini energy rising. I also suffered immensely after it...because my mind was wrapped around in another system of Mayas. Before, my suffering was personal. In my second stage of Maya, it was historical and collective. It gives me a greater meaning in life, ironically. It was in this stage I understood karma. I don't believe one can be completely free or liberated or to know the truth until you are older or cease to live and interact in this world and society. I thought about becoming a monk but my past life karma is strong. There are people in this world I still care about.

Consider the nature of suffering, as far as I know, is not seeing things as they are, which means we're preoccupied by some otherness influencing us to behave towards things from a perspective that is not perceptible of the real reality. I would encourage you to consider the system of Mayas, Kundalini etc.

I only recently came to grip an understanding of what karma is, thanks to Michael Tsarion, and that is ''ignorance.'' Previously I had understood it as ''action.'' Both somewhat vague but I feel that ignorance is more applicable as a good action is one endured without a basis of ignorance to begin with.

''Becoming'' a monk is opposite to the teachings of the mind, its contradictory and illogical as one will certainly find the nature of his mind has not changed once he's moved to the alps and donned an orange robe and abstained from sex for a hundred years. One does not have to detach from society for any reason, one merely needs the wisdom that, ''as I live in the society, I live without it.'' There was justice before there were courts, there was health before hospitals and learning before schools and there was the True nature of Reality before the Buddha was even born.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka

I see, you are trying to reason your way to enlightenment. Good lucking doing that. FYI, you can never be really free from suffering and the world illusion because you need money to buy food and cloths and some place to live in. How do you "earn" this money?
Unless you adapt a simpler life style by becoming a monk and living in a monastery. Sex? Is that what you worry about, sex?
Sex shouldn't even be a factor at the stage of your enlightenment.

I say it again, why are you so determined to defend your enlightenment over the Internet. What purposes does it serve? Defending one's enlightenment? That's already so unZen. Have fun......

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlowThruSpace
Enlightenment can also be a trap.

Only if you try very hard to defend YOUR enlightenment....heheheh

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
For the OP, btw, please don't quote Bruce Lee. He isn't a monk or well versed in Buddhist scriptures. He neither claimed he was enlightened. I actually have a vision of Bruce few months ago. He had his own struggles. He spent his entire life trying to fight off his feelings about the Japanese. That was his life issue. His movies show that. He was a child during the Japanese occupation in Hong Kong. He was also denied of being taught of certain Chinese martial art style because he was mixed blood. He came from a well to do family and managed to study aboard in America. He couldn't make a name of himself as an actor in the US and went back to Hong Kong to start acting. It was then he managed to made it big. We all knew he died quite tragically. And so as his son Brandon. There are a lot of questions about his life. Did he live a righteous life? Let alone did he ever obtain enlightenment.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join