It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment, True Nature of Reality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Truth is subjective, everyone has his or her truth like you have yours

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

You`re entertaining but I don`t know what dead horse you`re trying to beat.
I`m not stuck on anything my friend, as I stated I`m not here to claim I`m anything, have anything or can otherwise deliver something to you. I was just hoping to get a good discussion going. Theres really no point to continue the enlightenment discussion, everyone relates differently and theres no point having some abstract semantic discussion about something we all naturally have different views and experiences of.

I am what I am as you are what you are, when we we go to bed tonight we`ll return to ourselves, and when we wake, we`ll return to ourselves once again.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
reply to post by 0mage

Truth is subjective, everyone has his or her truth like you have yours

i disagree. chakra systems are not subjective. they are an all pervasive truth. but let's leave it there. like i said. im working on proof. the undeniable kind. u wont find any metaphors in what im speaking about.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Perhaps we should all consider others perspectives as this is merely an exchange of ideas in good faith, I would like to think, and rather not "my understanding of reality is better than yours, I'll show you proof" kind of exchange.

Perhaps this can help. "Your reality is what you make of it".

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I struggle with the whole kundalini chakra etc. etc. These things are clearly external from any sort of personal self reflection and consideration of one`s condition that I have a hard time comprehending why or where they fit in, being that we`re all talking about delusion in one form or another - wrong view, not seeing things as they truly are is the basis of karma and ignorance, this nature of ourselves tends to seek out what it subconsciousness has lost; the experience of the present moment, and the awareness that such a state is all we are and all we will ever be.

What results is the pursuit of makeshift spiritual pathways like yoga, or chakra`s, or any other system that does not deal directly with the self, they seem to become beacons for people who, satisfy themselves by associating such things with real spiritual work, in an attempt to feel some shade of enlightenment, or at least appear to othes as having attained some knowledge of method of peace, happiness etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Perhaps we should all consider others perspectives as this is merely an exchange of ideas in good faith, I would like to think, and rather not "my understanding of reality is better than yours, I'll show you proof" kind of exchange.

Perhaps this can help. "Your reality is what you make of it".

Peace

u will find i will not negotiate my knowledge on the matter.

addressing kap.. what can i say. u have much yet to discover. the kundalini exists in all reality as described.

it's all your choice. it is not an easy path. but ive contributed as much as i will to this thread. it's occupants are obviously not truly interested in the liberation of their spirit in a full and proper spiritual awakening.

when and if u do change ur mind however. feel free to message me and i will guide u best i can based on my knowledge and ur current level of understanding. if u dont think these things are real there's not much more i or even ur own spirit can do for u. u will remain in unsurety. unlike myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I am listening, oh yes am still learning as much as would to think that I am enlightened, I will not think it, I will know it. And I will not preach it, as I would like to be an example of my own understanding of all there is.

For if I speak negative of others, I am but degrading myself. The universe delivers exactly what I have to offer. For I am.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I must say, I find you humorous that you seem to believe your words yet you use poor grammar and say stuff like u instead of you. Do you really expect people to take you seriously when you don`t even take the time to spell correctly, again I find it humorous, others would find it insulting.

At the end of the day you`re the one pushing some perception on us after claiming we`re the ones doing such a thing, which, doesn`t lead me to believe theres any truth in what you say, but ok, I will entertain you. Please continue.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by 0mage

I am listening, oh yes am still learning as much as would to think that I am enlightened, I will not think it, I will know it. And I will not preach it, as I would like to be an example of my own understanding of all there is.

For if I speak negative of others, I am but degrading myself. The universe delivers exactly what I have to offer. For I am.

Peace

well sit there and think that being enlightened has anything to do with the preconceived notion ultimate passiveness and humility. enlightenement makes u an agent of balance one with the universe. meaning u will be whatever u have to be given the situation to bring balance.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Originally posted by 0mage
There was never anyone named Jesus!

How "enlightening"...

The historicity of Jesus of Nazareth is practically indisputable and only a fool would argue otherwise.

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion. ...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people."
LINK

"If Jesus did not exist, it makes Christianity a much more incredible phenomena than if he did."

~ James Hannam

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by 0mage

How "enlightening"...

The historicity of Jesus of Nazareth is practically indisputable and only a fool would argue otherwise.

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion. ...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people."
LINK

"If Jesus did not exist, it makes Christianity a much more incredible phenomena than if he did."

~ James Hannam

what i point out to u is that Jesus would not have been his NAME! I didnt say he never existed! that would have a different meaning.. agreed?

u shouldnt get carried away with the name anyway. it's about the message and what he represents. i just hope that u dont consider other holy doctrines to be inferior to the bible. in some cases it is quite the contrary.

how many ppl walk out of church with the Holy Spirit descended upon them? how many cup runneth over? i can answer that.. next to none. the blind leading the blind and none of them attain. more enlightenment is found outside the church than in it. and this is because even your pastors in their unattained state of scholastic pride are misleading every single one of their flock.

if ur doing something and it isnt working, then obviously ur doing it wrong! thru this mentality i was able to find. leave no stone unturned.
edit on 29-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Thanks for jamming this thread up with useless information, I would find it humorous except the stuff you`re discussing is so amateur I have no recourse except to state the obvious, how childish and amateur you two are.

I post rarely, but you`ve inspired me to post as much truth as I possibly can from now on, whenever, and wherever I can.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
reply to post by 0mage

These things are clearly external from any sort of personal self reflection

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Kapablanka

Indoctrinate others with your knowledge?
You seem to say, listen, i know..

He does know the path he took and that is all he is offering, he never offered anything more, stop being a troll!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

How about "enlightening" those of us who believe that enlightenment is a hoax...

TRUE enlightenment cannot happen without LIGHT, the light of god.

Did you connect with the SOURCE of enlightenment: GOD or the one who masquerades as God?

Einstein was enlightened, in an interview he said the knowledge "just comes to him", those of us that are enlightened know exactly what he meant by that statement, it is not something I could make you understand, either you are enlightened and understand or you are not!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Kapablanka

That would mean to follow if one wants to lead me.
How can i learn about myself if i follow?
If i am dependant on someone to guide me?

You can't learn your path if you follow somebody elses path, you have to find your own way, I can only be your guide!

"When they think they know the answers, people are
difficult to guide. When they know they don't know, people
can find their own way."

~Tao Te Ching

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
"I may not have achieved enlightenment."

Doubt?
If you doubt then you have not. You will know when you do.
But then again, who am i to say you have not.

i too was confused when it happened to me, I was actually a little scared for about three months because I was Atheist and was really freaked out by the being that visited me!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by InnerPeace2012

To make a better effort to answer you question, I have considered what you ask.

The charades we endure will continue to play out, internally and externally, and when the charade ends a new one will begin.

Entropy is at play, we can see it all around us, the original engineers lost control of the computer running the program and it has been looping over and over for about the last fifty years, exactly like you said, when the program reaches a tipping point it will reset and begin again!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

Originally posted by ChiForce
I don't know what to say. For others as well as myself, enlightenment is a physical experience. You can google Kundalini energy or Chi energy. Most notably during meditation or yoga, when your mind becomes totally free and to be one with the Void, the Nothingness of the Mind, according to Zen. Another aspect of enlightenment has to do with Karma. Have you discovered your past life Karma yet? Or at least to have a glance of your past life identity? Enlightenment isn't about feeling good, even a state of mind. Is about being one with the void, the emptiness of the mind. If your enlightenment isn't all of which I have said or in accordance to the Buddhist teaching or Zen, I am afraid you have reached to a different enlightenment. However, all enlightenment leads back to the source of life, the great nothingness. In theory, all enlightenment should be exactly this same void, the same Mind. If yours isn't, well..... don't know what to say.

Again, during `meditation,` there is no `meditation`once you`ve achieved enlightenment your mind is permanently meditative and reflective at all times, therefore you`re making false claims and following conjecture. I appreciate your approach, however, anything spiritually motivated is good but you appear to be speaking about things you`do not know, do not understand or have not experienced directly.

Also, I have no recollection of past life memories. Also, I have a strong relationship with god. Stories of people who attain enlightenment find themselves speaking both truth and false of the two statements I`ve made, therefore they`re not indicators of enlightenment.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Kapablanka because: added info

You are seriously wrong..hehehehe I experienced the Kundalini energy rising when I was only 18. After waking up from a dream. I dream I was a Chi Kung master during the Han dynasty. Ever since that night, my chakras were all opened. I am in my mid 30s. You can say that I recalled or remembered I was enlightened. Listen up, I am talking about real mind phenomena experienced by the enlightened and it has been recorded in ages in many Hindu and Buddhist texts. You are telling me I am wrong.
Maybe your enlightenment is special. Something it hasn't been experienced or recorded in the past.

I think what he is trying to say is meditation is not required for enlightenment, I'm living proof of that!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

How "enlightening"...

Historicity? OKAY!

A little quiz. Who am I talking about here?
He was born on December 25th to a virgin mother; he was called a saviour, the
only begotten son, and died to save humanity; he was crucified on a Friday -
"Black Friday" - and his blood was spilled to redeem the Earth; he suffered death
with nails and stakes; he was the Father and Son combined in an earthly body; he
was put in a tomb, went down into the underworld, but three days later, on March
25th, his body was found to be gone from the tomb and he was resurrected as the
"Most High God"; his body was symbolised as bread and eaten by those who
worshipped him.'
Jesus, yes? No, no. All of this was said about the saviour Son of God called Attis
who was worshipped by the Phrygians, one of the oldest races in Asia Minor, now
Turkey, well over a thousand years before the manufacture of "Jesus". It is just one
of countless symbolic deities of whom the same story was told millennia before
Christianity. Others are accepted to have been myths and not to have literally
existed. But not Jesus. While Christians laugh at those "Pagan" tales and condemn
them as evil, they ask the rest of the world to believe, indeed have insisted on pain
of torture and death, that their version of the same story is somehow literally true
while all the others are not.

There is more proof of Robin Hood than Jesus Christ!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join