It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What is 'reality'?

It is that which happens.

Or is it what you perceive happens?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

That depends on whether or not you think things happen when you are not perceiving them

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by 1nf1del

That depends on whether or not you think things happen when you are not perceiving them

According to recent scientific findings they are not happening when not observed!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Could you link me? I am interested. I really want to know how they observed things that are unobserved without observing them

But yeah the fact that observing things like photons and decaying particles will change what occurs leads me to believe that consciousness and perception is a central part of the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

reply to post by 1nf1del

Could you link me? I am interested. I really want to know how they observed things that are unobserved without observing them

But yeah the fact that observing things like photons and decaying particles will change what occurs leads me to believe that consciousness and perception is a central part of the whole thing.

Seriously? You've never heard of the double slit experiment?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Oh, the double slit experiment I know about. I thought that by recent you meant in the past couple of years.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by 1nf1del

Oh, the double slit experiment I know about. I thought that by recent you meant in the past couple of years.

Then I can only conclude that you were trolling with this statement!

" I really want to know how they observed things that are unobserved without observing them"

If you already knew why did you ask? Then try to cover your ass with "I thought that by recent you meant in the past couple of years."? I'll have a discussion with you but don't try to imply that I'm stupid!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

I apologize, I was not trying to troll anyone. My inconsistency is a result of my initial misunderstanding. I didn't think of the double slit experiment as showing that things do not happen unless they observed, but rather that observation can change the outcome. This is why I thought you were referring to something else. I also thought the double slit experiment has been around some time so I didn't really consider it recent. I apologize for the confusion, but please agree that "According to recent scientific findings they are not happening when not observed!" is fairly vague.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Okay, no harm no foul, just a communication gap.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

reply to post by 1nf1del

I apologize, I was not trying to troll anyone. My inconsistency is a result of my initial misunderstanding. I didn't think of the double slit experiment as showing that things do not happen unless they observed, but rather that observation can change the outcome. This is why I thought you were referring to something else. I also thought the double slit experiment has been around some time so I didn't really consider it recent. I apologize for the confusion, but please agree that "According to recent scientific findings they are not happening when not observed!" is fairly vague.

I guess I kind of assumed you would know what I was talking about when I made that statement considering the question you asked, I thought that's what you were implying, it was partly my assumption!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's through my own personal experience that I've learned we tend to fail when we put our faith in men. Humans are subject to a lot of things, and the truth is always inside ourselves. When one's truth might be one path, yours might be another.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

So let me get this straight, you "read" and "watched youtube videos" on the compendium of information pertaining to age old schools of mystical thought, and when 2012 didn't happen, you felt you were justified in coming here and ridiculing spiritual philosophies?

It is clear from reading the OP, that you NEVER took serious the path to begin with, nor do you hold any serious knowledge on the subject. Your own previous "suspicions" of Satanism are reflective of that. Regardless of what you claim you learned, you use 2012 as the quintessential event that defined the movement, which is not even remotely correct. Like most of humanity, most "new agers" don't take the philosophies seriously, and I bet nor did you.

Every single one of your, and everyone else's insults to the movement and those serious in their pursuits here is completely unsubstantiated. You are using an event which was only recently revealed by a few modern day individuals, as ammunition to target dozens of mystical schools of thought present across the world for millenia. In short, your whole thread is ridiculous. As are the elementary opinions of all the trolls who agree with you for those very reasons.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You usually have to dig up a lot of dirt and expend a lot of energy to find that vein of gold many a miner looking for a quick get rich method gave up and others came and dug in the same place and found the gold they missed... Just saying...

edit on 29-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

So let me get this straight, you "read" and "watched youtube videos" on the compendium of information pertaining to age old schools of mystical thought, and when 2012 didn't happen, you felt you were justified in coming here and ridiculing spiritual philosophies?

It is clear from reading the OP, that you NEVER took serious the path to begin with, nor do you hold any serious knowledge on the subject. Your own previous "suspicions" of Satanism are reflective of that. Regardless of what you claim you learned, you use 2012 as the quintessential event that defined the movement, which is not even remotely correct. Like most of humanity, most "new agers" don't take the philosophies seriously, and I bet nor did you.

Every single one of your, and everyone else's insults to the movement and those serious in their pursuits here is completely unsubstantiated. You are using an event which was only recently revealed by a few modern day individuals, as ammunition to target dozens of mystical schools of thought present across the world for millenia. In short, your whole thread is ridiculous. As are the elementary opinions of all the trolls who agree with you for those very reasons.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

Couldn't have said it better!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nf1del

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What is 'reality'?

It is that which happens.

Or is it what you perceive happens?

Reality is 'that' which happens.
'That' is happening.
I am that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I don't think any of those words mean when you think they mean.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ewok_Boba

He bought a road map at the convenience store and thought he knew the territory. Why take the road trip when you only have to look at the map? The map cost a little money and now he feels ripped off because there was actual effort needed to gain the experience.

edit on 29-1-2013 by starshift because: change

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
....and in the end, you realize that the individual needs to come to his or hers own conclusions about enlightenment and illumination---they have to be led astray, doubt, be confused, seek truth, and understand---

Dare I say, we as humans have the intellectual capacity to learn and improve. Without appeals to authority.

I'll even go farther out on a limb and claim that it may be the reason we are here, right now, on this planet.

----

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The problem here is that we keep giving the label "new ager". That label is so limiting and confusing especially to others who are interested in learning about their own personal spiritual development and it' starting be created into a dogma of some sort which is the furthest from what is actually going on.

What is it spirituality too you?

As Anthony De Mello put it... it's about stripping yourself from the mental programming that was instilled since our births, the programming that society has contaminated reality. Stripping yourself from all labels, categories and the image that society has given you.

A good thing to practice when researching this and Bruce Lee gives a very good explanation. We need to observe EVERYTHING not matter where or what the source is, even the "bad" and if it's bad we strip away all the good from it and learn and grow from it and dismiss the bad.

We should keep feeding our brains as much information from all sources with a open heart and mind and let you're own spirituality sort through the information and arrange it for you, and only TOO YOU it only make sense for and that is the beauty part in all this.

There are many phenomenons with seeking "enlightenment" or truth that are very difficult to define and people give them definitions but does that word really define for what it is? This causes so much confusion within the community.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

to establish a point of reference for the consciousess mind for it to be able to accept widsom and intelligence from the etheral source of antiquous light. "

I would imagine experiencing a new age would be a purely individual experience, not according to your expectations.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join