Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I would also like to point out on top of your post; there is nothing "New" about the "New Age" movement...It is a rediscovery of the old...Nor is it a scam about making money...I haven't paid out a single dime to collect the information that I have..
edit on 28-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Ok mate, so everyone in the new age movement, which has no boundries Btw, is lost in their personal quest for truth and understanding. You know this, and are attempting to steer people away. "back on track" as you put it. So I must ask you, what would you say was the right track?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hey OP,

My story was similar to yours. I used to be into the New Age myself, and as I kept going along, I thought I was becoming very enlightened but then it came to that place were I started to get annoyed at how we are supposed to deny darkness and evil, that it's simply a figment or projection of our inner worries or something like that. Yea, I got super annoyed and the pinnacle of the drivel I reached when I was reading this New Age book professing to be past life memories about Jesus that I wrote a thread about at this link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I never thought anybody would have an agenda to bring us a false Jesus when matched up to what the scriptures say about who this man was. I never thought that there would be a need to do such a thing. I thought the evil elite were supposed to be stark black creatures that you can see from a mile away, but turns out they are shrewd serpents who dress their deeds in the guise of peace and ying and yang.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Ok mate, so everyone in the new age movement, which has no boundries Btw, is lost in their personal quest for truth and understanding.

I cannot speak for the OP, but in my opinion, those who align themselves with "New Age" beliefs (which I agree has no boundaries, yet is apparently of enough significant form to warrant a defence by its devotees) are not lost, but comfortably content in their personal quest for what they wish was truth and understanding. This is, of course, the common theme among all religious motivations. It seems more of an escape from truth and understanding if anything.

I think it's telling that what is considered "New Age" is merely a re-hash and patch-work of ancient systems. Through this simple fact, we can see that religion (sometimes under the guise of 'spirituality') and the yearning for the supersensual and superhuman, hasn't progressed for the betterment of mankind since probably the Protestant Reformation.

One thing's for certain—in religion and 'spirituality,' our gurus (the prophets) have already done the necessary and difficult work of trail-blazing. All we have to do is pick a well-travelled path, point our faith in the same direction, and blindly walk where we're told and where others have gone before. But by doing this, we've spent too much time learning from what the prophet taught and not from how they lived, all the while forgetting the most important knowledge they have given us—we should instead live how they lived, be our own trail-blazers and forge our own way spiritually. The prophets taught us to be prophets, not followers.

This is opinion only.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Tell me about it. They usually think they can comment on every aspect on life, and solve most of your problems by just "Believing" or having " positive mind", which is fine and dandy but they take it quite litterally. And from what many new agers I have seen on other forums they are scared of the dark.

Sure it great and opens your mind at first if you read some great article that is well developed. However a race of blond and blue eyed aliens kinda made me thought....Really? What bull crap. Plus it all money with those groups and such, and some of them are such fanatics. They seem to base their believes on pretty much nething that is religious or spritiual from other cultures. Mainly christianity mixed with hindu believes and a bit of buddhist in the mixture. Most of them have a very common believe that they will gain psychic power by using the third eye(pineal gland), and they will think they have reached enlightment.

However using the third eye or making it crack so it can release dmt is the reason as to why they feel enlightened, and can cause some mental problems over extended use of making it crack. Such as auditorial hallcuinations, or multiple personality disorder.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"New Age" is a useless term. It's too wide. It seems as if there is only mainstream conservative exoteric Christianity, and everything else is "New Age".

The only time "New Age" should be used is if someone wants to self-select themselves as a New Ager. As in, "Hi, I'm a New Ager". I don't see many people doing that so I think it's a dead term these days... useful only for people who are re-arranging their wide prejudices.

OP, I used to have some respect for you... until this thread. Lots of people here have shared lots of wisdom with you, and it all seems to have gone in one ear and out the other.

edit on 28-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I think the original concept of new age was the belief in sci-fi, especially around the hippie era.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Ok mate, so everyone in the new age movement, which has no boundries Btw, is lost in their personal quest for truth and understanding.

I cannot speak for the OP, but in my opinion, those who align themselves with "New Age" beliefs (which I agree has no boundaries, yet is apparently of enough significant form to warrant a defence by its devotees) are not lost, but comfortably content in their personal quest for what they wish was truth and understanding. This is, of course, the common theme among all religious motivations. It seems more of an escape from truth and understanding if anything.

I think it's telling that what is considered "New Age" is merely a re-hash and patch-work of ancient systems. Through this simple fact, we can see that religion (sometimes under the guise of 'spirituality') and the yearning for the supersensual and superhuman, hasn't progressed for the betterment of mankind since probably the Protestant Reformation.

One thing's for certain—in religion and 'spirituality,' our gurus (the prophets) have already done the necessary and difficult work of trail-blazing. All we have to do is pick a well-travelled path, point our faith in the same direction, and blindly walk where we're told and where others have gone before. But by doing this, we've spent too much time learning from what the prophet taught and not from how they lived, all the while forgetting the most important knowledge they have given us—we should instead live how they lived, be our own trail-blazers and forge our own way spiritually. The prophets taught us to be prophets, not followers.

This is opinion only.

I'm not religious, and im not totally sure what a new ager is, it seems anyone not affiliated to a religion or recognised spiritual school or society are classed as new agers. These people,(I can only speak for myself
) are finding their own way by taking truths from all religions and old spiritual teachings and try to put it together themselves, because the all know the religions, especialy western and modern, dont teach spirituality very well. and are then given a lable,"new agers"

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I agree. The label is a joke. I think it's more of a derogatory term than anything. But, since New Agers enjoy their labels, I'm happy to oblige.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Athlon Savage,

Consensual Reality.

That is the 'reality' we live in as humans. It is what Quantum sciences have been trying to tell us for quite some time. It depends totally on Observers, and without observers it would simply break down into it's components, sub-atomic particles that themselves are only energy vibrating at different rates.

This means that no one in this 'reality' is actually correct in their perceptions. All are flawed perceptions based on Consensual Thoughts, ie:- Beliefs. These beliefs are indoctrinated (brain washed we could say) into us from the day we are born so that each of us maintains the consensual reality.

This means that everyone is lost, confused and mad. There is no right and wrong, no light and dark, no day or night.. none of it is permanent or 'real' as there is only what exists via consensual reality.

Perhaps our efforts would be better suited to focusing on what we are doing in our own lives instead of arguing over who is right or wrong ? No need to maintain the forced Separations is there ?

link   
Double Post for some reason.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Oldie because: (no reason given)

link   
If you haven't already, there is a great documentary about a guy from the USA (with roots to India) who decides to see if this whole new age guru stuff is for real -- and if he could be one himself. Great doc, and it shows how desperate people are to find meaning for their life however they can.

Kumare Trailer

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Ok mate, so everyone in the new age movement, which has no boundries Btw, is lost in their personal quest for truth and understanding. You know this, and are attempting to steer people away. "back on track" as you put it. So I must ask you, what would you say was the right track?

The path that doesnt lead back to the start of the same path, you know like circular running track, or should i say mouse treadmill, of course the mouse maze is always another option at the end of the maze is a piece of new age cheese awaiting that is resting in a mouse trap.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EfficientP

Hey OP,

My story was similar to yours. I used to be into the New Age myself, and as I kept going along, I thought I was becoming very enlightened but then it came to that place were I started to get annoyed at how we are supposed to deny darkness and evil, that it's simply a figment or projection of our inner worries or something like that. Yea, I got super annoyed and the pinnacle of the drivel I reached when I was reading this New Age book professing to be past life memories about Jesus that I wrote a thread about at this link:

I never thought anybody would have an agenda to bring us a false Jesus when matched up to what the scriptures say about who this man was. I never thought that there would be a need to do such a thing. I thought the evil elite were supposed to be stark black creatures that you can see from a mile away, but turns out they are shrewd serpents who dress their deeds in the guise of peace and ying and yang.

Past life memories of Jesus thats finely matured snake oil.

The devil will come disguised as an alluring Goddess and offer you the path wisdom but its really the path to the snake pit.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

OP, I used to have some respect for you... until this thread. Lots of people here have shared lots of wisdom with you, and it all seems to have gone in one ear and out the other.

I never asked for or wanted respect from anyone i just wanted freedom to walk free of the new age Status Ouo and think for myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
What is 'reality'?

I prefer Phillip K. Dick's best guess which is "Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it"

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Please can you state what it is that you and everyone is looking for?
I am still not clear on what it was you were hoping to get from 'the new age movement'.

I was hoping to experience the source of true knowledge and instead i got its now agains choclate box of empty nothingness.

Once you closed your mind and decided it was all fantasy your journey ended, on the path to true enlightenment the journey never ends, just because you didn't reach a destination does not mean the train has reached the end of the line!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Im reminded of this friend of mine who has wanted to be rich for many years now. She has tried visualizing, crystal-gazing, ritual magick, shamanism, meditation and a whole host of other things so that she could "get rich". After all these years she still struggles to pay her rent but somehow pretends that she is richer than she used to be. A method she has not tried yet is work. She represents to me what is wrong about large parts of the "new age movement"; the tendency to delude themselves into airy beliefs that do not support them in day-to-day life.

The path to enlightenment is not on the golden road, she was after the wrong "enlightenment"!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Once you closed your mind and decided it was all fantasy your journey ended, on the path to true enlightenment the journey never ends, just because you didn't reach a destination does not mean the train has reached the end of the line!

The adventure has just began.

edit on 29-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join