Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

How's that for an answer?

Yes best answer i have ever heard, finally makes sense. I was reading a womans webpage and she was proclaiming herself to be Gaia and i think thats where the original source of my confusion resided. Its the people who proclaim themselves to be literal Gods or Goddesses rebirthed on a missions to save humanity that tend to of have thrown lots of misleading and false spanners into the new age movement. These people have spammed and hurt the new age movement badley.
edit on 27-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

I can appreciate what you are saying. David Koresh claimed to be Jesus. There are some unstable personalities.

I happen to believe that Jesus is not physically coming back, but that the Second Coming is really the Christed flame in each heart. You see because the Christ is a sort of Title, like Buddha. Gautama is a Buddha, but so is Maitreya.
Krishna is the Hindu version of Christ. It is really a principle. God the father(Brahma), God the Son(Christ Krishna or the incarnation of Visnu) and God the Holy Spirit(Shiva). This is the concept of the Trinity. The Mother becomes the base in matter, the squaring of the circle, the base of the pyramid in the matter plane.
The Holy Family is the concept of the union of Father(spirit) wiht Mother(matter) in the spirit/matter cosmos and the Union produces the Son(the Divine Manchild).

The hatred of the family comes through the Totalitarian Marxist concept of a communitarian family. Karl Marx hated the bourgeois family and presented the concept of all the children belonging to the State instead of the natural parents who are the guardians of the incarnating soul. This is why every attempt at redefining the traditional family is an assault on the natural bounds of the nuclear family.
If you read Glenn Beck's new book, "Agenda 21", you will see the pattern of an emergent opposition to the nuclear family replacing it with the Village of Hillary's Marxist Communal family. This is entirely what Hillary is about with her "Rights of the Child" in the UN. The UN would dictate what happens to the children instead of the traditional parental guardians.
On a deeply spiritual level, this is the attack on the Holy Family and the natural guardianship of the parents of the Father/Mother God or Alpha and Omega, replacing it with the Supreme State. It is diabolical.
They used the Feminist movement to help destroy the traditional family.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Therefore people claiming themselves to be reborn/reincarnted Gods or Goddesses are really agents of Agenda21 and mind controlled plants who are out to destroy family and turn the world into a communal melting polt controlled by a status quo. Its all making sense now. Explains why when listening to the write or speak they sound like they are on Meds as they themselves must be having trouble believing their own lying eyes. Also explains why none of them seem to of ever worked a real job some Agenda21 foundation is paying them for their services or should i say more appropriately diservices to humanity.
edit on 27-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
were all different aspects of the same energy experiencing itself.

Its not that the New Age Movement is wrong,

its that people think they need a movement.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I agree that there is a hell of a lot of mixed signals with so-called "gurus." I've always been of the opinion that one should follow their own path. While teachings and ideals can be important in shaping one's outlook on life, ultimately, it is you who is experiencing your life. Unfortunately, there are a lot of dollars to be made in "enlightenment." The only enlightenment one can achieve is through their own experience. You'll have many people claiming that meditation will do it, or psychedelics, or buying this space age device that destroys space ghosts! While there may be bits of discovery in each of these (with the exception of the space ghost buster) the only one who will decide if you have reached enlightenment is YOU. Shamanism is purely subjective. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.

"There is no truth, there is only you, and what you make the truth."

"There is no good or bad information, there's just information, and what you choose to do with it."

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The new age movement isn't completely false and full of idiots like one may think. What I respect about the new agers is their recycling of ancient knowledge and acceptance of truths outside of religions/societal ideals. Yes, there are many new agers that go over their top with their ideas and seem just like the hardcore christian fundamentalists when they try to spread these ideas. Some of them seem so absorbed by these ideas that they act strange and speak so single mindedly. BUT THAT right there is the magic word. Single mindedly. In any religion, in any philosophy or science, being single minded on any idea or way of life is what limits you and makes you look stale/incomplete. One must take in all the knowledge from all aspects of life and make what he/she can of it. In a world of so many perspectives, truth has become so subjective that the word truth in itself has lost its value. Give it value with what you can make of it.

The new age beliefs have so many wonderful ideas and truths that when applied can bring much happiness and understanding in life. Having an open mind introduced me to some of these ideas and some of them have personally evolved me. Some, I still use today. Take the useful things that you have learned and apply it in life and continue your path...with an open mind always. But don't call new agers stupid because you have still not achieved happiness through the techniques and ideas you were introduced to. Thats just a contradiction to everything you learned or should've learned.
edit on 27-1-2013 by inwardspiral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

Exactly!

2nd

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bearplane

"There is no good or bad information, there's just information, and what you choose to do with it."

I agree with your post although i will add there is no good or bad information but there certainly is alot of misleading information which has been mainly due to the new age Gurus, lightworkers, guides, reincarnated (proclaimed) Gods/Goddesses etc that have been funneling deliberately spamm into the new age consciousness for reasons of ego and profiting. Its sad so many fakes.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by inwardspiral

Yes, there are many new agers that go over their top with their ideas and seem just like the hardcore christian fundamentalists when they try to spread these ideas. Some of them seem so absorbed by these ideas that they act strange and speak so single mindedly.

So correct you get the impression the way they speak they are dosed on Meds most the time.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Agreed. It's sad that people who claim to be enlightened can show you the path for only three easy payments of $59.99! Only rivaled by people who actually buy into it. I do believe in a collective conscious, but that collective conscious is definitely a victim of what I'd call distractionism. Consume! Procreate! Repeat!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Certainly so OP. So many Charlatans.
A whole bunch of snake oil, and many regurgitated ridiculous and partial truths.
Like any religion or belief system there are many who only know what they need
to know to make money.
Joe Vitale?

I know many posters say its bs.......However...IMHO
the study of Astrology, and astrotheology by the likes of Richard Tarnas,
Carl Yung or Santos Bonacci is provacative and certainly not mumbo jumbo.
And I predict Astrotheology may be a fast growing study soon.

And also IMO, Holotropic breathing and Shamanism are not silly nonsense.
Dr. Stanislav Grof is not an imposter, Terrence McKenna and Daniel Pinchbeck?
Far from dummies.

Esoteric Masters? Kabbalah? Manly P Hall? Don't get me started ! Haha!
There are so many brilliant explorers of metaphysics, that you can't
throw the baby out with the bath water .

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Certainly so OP. So many Charlatans.
A whole bunch of snake oil, and many regurgitated ridiculous and partial truths.

Well said sealing. The Charlatans are sellers of snake oil. So many of them Charlatans with templar tounges of lies.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I have said it before, in my previous thread called a spiritual experiment.

You will never understand the esoteric teachings if you only read about them. They are beyond the intellectual mind. The only way to understand, is to actually experience it directly. There is no other way of understanding it. Here is the experiment I asked everyone to try, if you want to see that there is something beyond the physical world.

Take your hands, and put them in front of you. Place your left hand, palm facing you, and your right hand palm facing away from you. Your fingers do not have to be straight, they can be bent slightly. Now move your palms, so they are facing each other, about 3-5 inches apart. So you should have your left hand palm facing you, right hand palm away from you, about 4 inches apart. All you have to do, is close your eyes, and concentrate on the sensations in your palms. After 10 - 30 seconds, you should feel something. If you do not, move your right hand slightly in a circular motion, and see if you notice anything strange. I will not tell you what you will experience, because everyone experiences something different

May I ask if you are talking about chakra/chi? I have experienced what you have mentioned and I feel tingling in my palms.

That's what it is. Qi' Gong is the source of this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Wifibrains

Who says i blame the new age movement or i lost my way. I did ascend in 2012, i ascended high enough to see the truth about the new age movement. I didnt lose my way i found my way and i dont blame a virus for being a virus it is what it is, even if it now an artifically created one.

I'm sorry, you made it sound like you was taken for a ride. Ascend, to move upward in consiousness? But you sound bitter. How do you know you didn't decend? You do know it's a metaphor, right? A multi layered mataphor.

There is much that needs to be transcended above for ascension. Our minds that control us, our governments that control us, royalty, religion. Society. Even money. Each one is a step towards the creator as they have all placed themselves above the concious you, or even the creator itselfe, in a hierarchical fashion.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I'm sorry, you made it sound like you was taken for a ride. Ascend, to move upward in consiousness? But you sound bitter. How do you know you didn't decend? You do know it's a metaphor, right? A multi layered mataphor.

i started this thread to stimulate debate on the mindset of the new age movement. I dont think its malevolent but i have seen enough into it to know its populations are kinda confused and disorientated which is attributable to them just following someones elses ideas which they dont even really understand themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am come to the conclusion several years ago the new age movement appears to be just a spin off from Theosophy. Also i would assume its like a feel good superficial version of the Occult to push the naive and drugged out in that direction.
So i assume all the b boomers from the 60s and gens since that have gone down that path with serious intent rather than just youthful dilettantes, end up in some kind of Luciferian/Satanic cult maybe like oto or Theosophical society itself or maybe esoteric freemasonry is enough for many of them.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
A tossed salad will have more order than a newagers mental array of faculties and because such they are easy malleable and prey for occult societies modelled on esteroric freemasons and satanists occults. Mabey we need to have empathy for newagers realising they are chaotic and try amd steer them back on track somehow.
edit on 28-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

i started this thread to stimulate debate on the mindset of the new age movement. I dont think its malevolent but i have seen enough into it to know its populations are kinda confused and disorientated which is attributable to them just following someones elses ideas which they dont even really understand themselves.

What is it you are against exactly? People making money? People's searching for knowledge? What?

Because from what you are saying above it would now seem that you started this thread to put down and tarnish something you don't understand after becoming confused and disorientated, which attributed to you just following someone elses ideas!

You can only speak for yourself in this regard as you have no clue what other people's understanding is. *oh well back to the drawing board....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
edit on 28-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What is it you are against exactly? People making money? People's searching for knowledge? What?

Because from what you are saying above it would now seem that you started this thread to put down and tarnish something you don't understand after becoming confused and disorientated, which attributed to you just following someone elses ideas!

You can only speak for yourself in this regard as you have no clue what other people's understanding is. *oh well back to the drawing board....

Your making assumptions about what i do and dont understand which is one of the standard traits required to embrace the new age ideas, completely transparancy of what is plainly obvious that newagers are quite adept to making it all up as they go along. Its fictional world they are attempting to translate to fact, an effort a bit like trying to ice skate up hill.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Then tell us what you don't understand instead of just calling us stupid and making wild assumptions.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join