It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The triangle rock is cool, but not as rare as you would think. I used to summer on the shores of Lake Superior as a kid, and I found quite a few triangle stones, they were the best skippers.

The good news is that it's yet more proof that Mars once had an atmosphere.
edit on 7-2-2013 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The good news is that it's yet more proof that Mars once had an atmosphere.

Mars still has an atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've been following this thread with great interest and also wanted to contribute a few images of 'rocks' that I found to be a bit strange or 'out of place'.

I know geological processes can form peculiar shapes, but at Rocknest and Yellowknife Bay, I noticed an accumulation of such artifacts featuring some common 'symmetry', such as 90° angles, shapes that resemble metal brackets or beams, straight lines etc. Below I posted 3 examples illustrating what I mean:

Sol 184: right angled 'bracket' (?) sticking out of this rock (which itself is interesting, too)
Original NASA/JPL image (Sol 184)

Sol 77: A bracket or beam coming out of the lower part of the rock

A close-up with the feature in question highlighted (looks like a 'metal' bracket sticking out):
Original NASA/JPL image (Sol 77)

Sol 89: Yet another right-angled 'bracket style' feature in the rock

A close-up with the feature in question highlighted:
Original NASA/JPL image (Sol 89)

So, ultimately, I think that if this is done by erosion alone, there's still a lot to learn about these processes. But I just can't get rid of the notion that there's more to it than just me suffering from a severe case of pareidolia!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

They're pretty strange findings.
They look like broken statues to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Damn, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks there's weird stuff in these pics

For those of you who don't wish to scroll back, some examples:

Almost like a man-made wall in the background?

Section C of last pic, doesn't that look like a baboons head?

And just to clarify my point of view, one or two anomalies I might say to myself it's pareidolia, but there's hundreds of anomalies in these photos.

Secondly, this may be far-fetched, but I heard the time it takes the photos to get from there to here and on the web is in the region of minutes, quick solution to hide these objects would be to make people believe they are in actual fact, tiny. I strongly question the sizes of the objects here and nor do I agree with the manufactured pareidolia idea.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-2-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by jeep3r

Damn, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks there's weird stuff in these pics

It'll get even more weird (!!), I'm still working on my first 20 posts so that I can create a new thread about something that'll raise further questions!

By the way, those 'carved' circles are interesting, too. I recently found 2 of them myself on earlier MSL pics. I'll post them here once I'm done with editing ...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r

reply to post by jeep3r

It'll get even more weird (!!), I'm still working on my first 20 posts so that I can create a new thread about something that'll raise further questions!

By the way, those 'carved' circles are interesting, too. I recently found 2 of them myself on earlier MSL pics. I'll post them here once I'm done with editing ...

Look forward to that mate, as I said, there's a ton weird objects on that planet

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Look forward to that mate, as I said, there's a ton weird objects on that planet

Hi Zcustosmorum! As promised, here go the images of circular impresssions that I found at the Rocknest site (all images are from Sol 64):

Original image by NASA/JPL.

Original image by NASA/JPL.

Original image (part 1) by NASA/JPL.
Original image (part 2) by NASA/JPL.

Also, I started a thread on my theory of 'shipwrecks' that we're actually looking at in the Rocknest area. They moved it from here to the category 'highly speculative conspiracy topics' (which I can of course comprehend)

Judge for yourself whether or not there's something to it ...

Thanks again & cheers!!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the rock that looks like a metal sheet is the only one that interast me...

i think the reast is just you wasting alot of time

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
i think the reast is just you wasting alot of time

Hello WanderingThe3rd! I'm very much looking forward to accepting your 'apologies' once it becomes clear and evident (officially) what we're dealing with ...

I do understand, though, that - at this stage - you 'think' I'm wasting my time. Which is OK, really. However, I assure you that it's definitely not the case. Let's wait a bit and give my approach a chance, I'm sure we'll both be surprised!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

I really like your work. website you mentioned above is not opening.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Great thread OP BUT I still think If I went outside and looked I could find every example you have shown on earth what is just a natural rock.
Remember mars once had running water and running water can make rocks smooth etc.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If you think those features are interesting, then you haven't seen these ones, on Earth:

3.bp.blogspot.com...
thedryvalleys.files.wordpress.com...
storiesthataretrue.files.wordpress.com...
tea.armadaproject.org...
4.bp.blogspot.com...

Search Google images for "ventrifact" and marvel. Wind + varying mineral composition = strange shapes.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join