It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What do people expect?

Our news gives us SOUND EFFECTS with their 'reporting'.

This is nothing more than the 'hunger games' in action. You glorify murder with attention and expect to not have more murders? You shouldn't focus on evil, it only makes it spread further.

Lock there people up and have them on television once or twice a news cycle showing them hungry and alone, cold (probably) and without comfort, throw in some creepy sound effects if it helps. THAT would deter people. Then let them age in complete isolation. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You know I was just thinking as I was hearing one of the versions about what went down.

Since everyone thinks these are all pre-planned anyhow, take it to it's logical conclusion:

This happened in Texas a few days after Texas declared it wouldn't follow any Federal gun laws, a state where people are proud to carry their guns around, and it was supposedly a fight between a few people that escalated into.. you guessed it.. gun violence in a state where it's pretty tolerated.. This couldn't be to make Texas look bad now could it?

You know: "Hey look everyone, crazy Texans and their guns, can't even solve a simple argument without shooting"

Just a thought......

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nothing to see here folks! Don't let the media fool yall, This actually is a common place occurrence here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

In Texas each day there is an average of 1.9 gun murders. The only ones to get reported are the ones near or at a school.

Source

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm pretty certain that the only reason that the " news" channels are continuing their live coverage is because they're is supposedly a shooter in the woods and they have aerial and ground cameras covering it in hopes of getting the arrest on camera.

Simple rule of thumb: if the coverage still includes commercial breaks, the story is not major news

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
You know I was just thinking as I was hearing one of the versions about what went down.

Since everyone thinks these are all pre-planned anyhow, take it to it's logical conclusion:

This happened in Texas a few days after Texas declared it wouldn't follow any Federal gun laws, a state where people are proud to carry their guns around, and it was supposedly a fight between a few people that escalated into.. you guessed it.. gun violence in a state where it's pretty tolerated.. This couldn't be to make Texas look bad now could it?

You know: "Hey look everyone, crazy Texans and their guns, can't even solve a simple argument without shooting"

Just a thought......

Just wait until it comes out that the shooters had concealed carry permits...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why is this on fox news?

When middle schoolers shot at a van full of other middle schoolers in Detroit, before the wide-spread fear-mongering, it was only in the local news. Most people in the suburbs didn't even know.

or when the guy pulled a K out of his pants and unloaded on a bus....

Or when the rolar rink in pointiac got shot up, or when the club did. All of these incidents were mass shootings, but not sensational because people will just be like "oh, those animals are at it again."

I could go on all day about mass shootings that were not national news. Some of them at schools....

Don't buy into the fear mongering. As any cop will tell you, the single most effective way to stop a shooter is to start shooting back.

eta: actually people are always pulling out fully autos and shooting into crowds in some cities; it is just expected.I think we should legalize drums and fully autos. They can't aim them and it makes their guns jam. Win-win for the intended victims.
edit on 22-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by vkey08

Just a thought......

Just wait until it comes out that the shooters had concealed carry permits...

As if they could not get guns without a permit, and with felonies????

They almost surely did not, considering that would = automatic arrest. They seem to have been intending to get away with this....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

It's illegal to conceal carry on any gun free zone in texas.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

And has been common place since uh.....oh that is right...since the invention of the semi-auto and the labeling of "controlled substances". This breeds criminal organizations that will last for decades even after the end of the war on drugs. The Mob was standing on the corners well into the 60's if I remember right.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Duh...hence the lack of gunshot wounds to the suspects and the gunshot wounds to the victims.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Duh! It's also illegal to shoot at people. Neither ever happen, right?
edit on 22-1-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Exactly right.

Actually, fear-mongering politicians got my brother killed with their "gun-free" zones. Only ones that listen to that are the ones that carry to defend lives...the ones taking them are looking at life sentences I guess having a gun in a gun free zone becomes somewhat irrelevant to them? DUH?

Keep buying into these politicians, and you might end up with a dead son or daughter.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

the examples you cited from the Detroit area that did not get live coverage are related to the reason that my town of Chicago doesn't get coverage of its daily shootings/ murders: the socio-economic conditions in parts of both cities make these things expected in the eyes of the powers that be. It's disgusting that this is the view of the media, but sadly it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I live east of I-35, but not that far, and we don't have the craziness either. Rural Texas is different from urban.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Duh! It's also illegal to shoot at people. Neither ever happen, right?
edit on 22-1-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

Not in self defense. Just word games it seems.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Well, I have talked to a good number of well-off people in my current suburban community. The general consensus among them is scary - not for those in the city - but for the immortal souls of the ones I am referring to. Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Deputies said two gunmen were involved in the shooting. One of them was taken into custody a short time later. KHOU is reporting that the other man was also in custody, but that has not been confirmed by officials.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am not shocked another shooting has taken place; We can be sure the media will do their best to make sure it is on every TV, newspaper, computer, radio in the U.S.

All this talk about gun control and look what happens, all of these events are starting to look like a big propaganda techniques to impose harsh gun laws.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by SpaDe_

Why the schools? Because getting to peoples children is what will make them sacrifice their freedoms, IF you can make them believe that sacrificing those freedoms will save their children.

Which of course it wont, but as long as you can make them believe it will, they will sacrifice anything.

Well stated.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join