It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

Just breaking on Fox news a shooting at a college in Texas. Unconfirmed reports of 2 or 3 victims, and shots being fired inside the library at the school. Faculty and students being advised to shelter in place. Reports coming in that one person might be in custody, and a hunt for a second suspect is underway. All this is unconfirmed information.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Live feed

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas -- At least two people have been shot at Lone Star Community in North Harris County, according to Precinct 4 deputy constables.

One person is in custody. Dozens of law enforcement officers are searching for a second suspect on the loose. A reporter for KVUE's sister station KHOU saw one male being brought out of the library on a stretcher. At least one other person was being treated by EMS crews outside the library when KHOU's helicopter flew over.

Other crews were entering the library with stretchers as students filed out. The only thing campus officials could confirm is that the school is on lockdown. Several Aldine ISD schools are also on lockdown while the search for the suspect continues.

They are Nimitz High School, Nimitz 9th Grade Campus, Parker Intermediate and Dunn Clifford Elementary.

Source

Link to news feed that updates as information breaks

Unconfirmed reports also coming in that this could have been gang related. I have no source as it was stated live on the news.

Local Source

Another local source

CNN Timeline

[Updated at 3:06 p.m. ET] Someone – a fourth person – suffered a heart attack, according to a federal law enforcement source who is receiving reports from the scene, CNN's Carol Cratty reports.

So, recapping what we've been told:

– Three people, including a gunman, were wounded in a shooting between two people on the North Harris campus of Lone Star College in Houston, school spokesman Jed Young said.
– The second gunman is on the loose but not believed to be on campus, Young said.
– A fourth person suffered a heart attack, according to the federal law enforcement source.
– The shooting happened at a campus library, the federal law enforcement source says.
– No deaths have been reported.

This story is developing. We'll post more details as we get them.

edit on 1/22/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I hope this is not another mass shooting, and the suspect was able to be stopped before anyone was seriously injured or worse. Will be updating as information becomes available.

Wondering why this keeps happening, and why people are all the sudden starting to snap? This is starting to become a regular occurrence which is not good. My question is why schools?

Being reported that they were shot in the legs? Why would someone aim specifically for someones legs?
edit on 1/22/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Wondering why this keeps happening, and why people are all the sudden starting to snap? This is starting to become a regular occurrence which is not good. My question is why schools?

because the media keeps reporting on it like its the super bowl and loonies love media attention.

Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

why people are all the sudden starting to snap?

I don't think this is anything sudden... it has been always happening but media is just focused on that more now... current trend is shooting, which would give high ratings.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's really simple... It's the way we treat each other. Period. If we cared about one another it would never get to this point.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Why the schools? Because getting to peoples children is what will make them sacrifice their freedoms, IF you can make them believe that sacrificing those freedoms will save their children.

Which of course it wont, but as long as you can make them believe it will, they will sacrifice anything.

link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I think that the MSM has sensationalized this to the point of copycat killers. They watch it at home and see how much attention they would get. Which is exactly what the are after.

link   
Heart goes out to these people. on the other hand isn't that a gun free zone already.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

Originally posted by SpaDe_

because the media keeps reporting on it like its the super bowl and loonies love media attention.

Simple as that.

I agree 100%.

Copy cats, etc.

The media is totally fueling this. I am absolutely convinced.

It is a shame how powerful the art of suggestion really is!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

You need to copy and paste your link to the OP.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
Heart goes out to these people. on the other hand isn't that a gun free zone already.

Yeah, good thing none of the law abiding citizens had any guns! THAT sure helps stop mass murders

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

www.itv.com...

that was the first link I googled but it seems to have several links to the shooting.

NBC affiliate KPRC reports that "multiple" people have been shot at a college in Harris County, near Houston, Texas.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by SpaDe_

You need to copy and paste your link to the OP.

This is literally just breaking on the news live. I am updating as information is available.

link   
Probably just another school shooting. Nothing to worry about as it's becoming part of the American tradition. Unless of course you're a parent or in the NRA.

Seriously though, you Americans need to start making decisions soon, the only country were a piece of metal is more valuable than your own children.

Am i right in saying you're considering arming teachers at school? Unbelievable.

link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Great, thank you I will now go to your live feed. NO comments yet from me...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Seriously though, you Americans need to start making decisions soon, the only country were a piece of metal is more valuable than your own children.

You obviously are clueless.
edit on 1/22/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
Well considering America is up to its teeth in ammo and most people have mental health issues, surely it'd be quicker to just ban Americans.

I jest of course, and I wish all the victims the best of luck, but this is what happens when a gun-loving society filled with mentally ill people develops a superiority complex. The rest of the world just looks at this country and thinks, 'what the hell are you people doing?'.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

How is it unbelievable. All these politicians in Washington have kids, and they go to schools where there is a strong armed presence. That way you wouldn't dream of pulling anything because you would get owned.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Copy cats....violent video games, pharma drugs and violent movies to reinforce and desensitize.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I just saw this as I was eating lunch. Safe to say, I'm not hungry anymore. This is just wrong how frequently I see this on the news. Although I've heard them say they've already detained one man, there is apparently another shooting on another part of the campus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join