It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

From the feed looks like it is pretty much over now. Everyone calm and walking slowly, both students as well as EMT and first responders.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I trust everything from faux news. Please take away all guns and put me in a straight jacket.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
These things aren't happening anymore frequently than before. They are just getting reported on more to push the disarm agenda.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why does the "LIVE FEED" have a date of SEP. 12, 2011???

link   

link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
Heart goes out to these people. on the other hand isn't that a gun free zone already.
Well considering America is up to its teeth in ammo and most people have mental health issues, surely it'd be quicker to just ban Americans.

I jest of course, and I wish all the victims the best of luck, but this is what happens when a gun-loving society filled with mentally ill people develops a superiority complex. The rest of the world just looks at this country and thinks, 'what the hell are you people doing?'.

that's funny because i could swear you were talking about global governments for a second. we have a common enemy and it isn't Americans with guns.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
reply to post by mr-lizard

How is it unbelievable. All these politicians in Washington have kids, and they go to schools where there is a strong armed presence. That way you wouldn't dream of pulling anything because you would get owned.

And you have no qualms about allowing guns into a classroom? I don't know what's more absurd, the fact you've been conditioned into believing that carrying guns in the street and in schools is normal, or the fact that you society is self-destructing to a point were you have no other option but to arm school teachers.

It's like a bad dream or a dark comedy, but without the comedy.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sky News here say as many as 14 injured..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's not trolling to state the obvious. Just because you people have buried your heads in the sand, doesn't mean I have.

I genuinely feel sorry for the victims, but this will continue and continue and continue... Crazy people + a gun loving society = your current reality.

link   
reply to post by antar

LSC Shooting 5

HOUSTON -

Multiple people have been shot at a north Harris County college, and a second suspect may be on the loose, Harris County Precinct 4 deputy constables said.

Investigators said the shooting happened at Lone Star College's North Harris campus, 2700 West W. W. Thorne Drive near Aldine Westfield shortly after noon on Tuesday.

Officials have not said exactly how many people have been shot or the extent of their injuries.

Deputy constables said they have at least one person detained, but have not said if that person is a suspected shooter.

Investigators said a second suspect, a black man 18 to 20 years old, fled north of campus. Deputies are actively searching for that man.

Armed Harris County sheriff's deputies searched buildings and vehicles for anyone who may be involved in the shooting.

A shelter-in-place was ordered at the college. Students, faculty and staff were told to stay where they are.

Aldine Independent School District officials said four nearby campuses, Dunn Elementary, Parker Intermediate, Nimitz 9th grade campus and Nimitz High, were placed on lockdown as a precaution. School district officials said there is no reason to believe a shooter is on any of those campuses, but the lockdown was issued for precautionary measures.

KPRC Local 2 and Click2Houston.com will have much more on this breaking news story. Please refresh this page for the latest information.

www.click2houston.com...

link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by SpaDe_

From the feed looks like it is pretty much over now. Everyone calm and walking slowly, both students as well as EMT and first responders.

Yes it seems that they got this under control with some serious speed. Will keep updating as information becomes available.

link   
Funny that it's Texas, the one state where everyone keep stating will fight any anti-gun stuff.. I'd say that's bigger news..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Probably just another school shooting. Nothing to worry about as it's becoming part of the American tradition. Unless of course you're a parent or in the NRA.

Seriously though, you Americans need to start making decisions soon, the only country were a piece of metal is more valuable than your own children.

Am i right in saying you're considering arming teachers at school? Unbelievable.

I think you got it all wrong.

What is really going on here is that if you are a loser nobody, you can become famous really easily!
Just create a massacre!

Thankfully the MSM will cover it to no end and will make absolute sure you become very famous!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just dropped off my step son at the Lone Star campus about 20 minutes ago and then got back home turned on the tv to learn that there was a shooting at lone star about the same time, but its a different campus. whew.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by antar

LSC Shooting 5

HOUSTON -

Multiple people have been shot at a north Harris County college, and a second suspect may be on the loose, Harris County Precinct 4 deputy constables said.

Investigators said the shooting happened at Lone Star College's North Harris campus, 2700 West W. W. Thorne Drive near Aldine Westfield shortly after noon on Tuesday.

Officials have not said exactly how many people have been shot or the extent of their injuries.

Deputy constables said they have at least one person detained, but have not said if that person is a suspected shooter.

Investigators said a second suspect, a black man 18 to 20 years old, fled north of campus. Deputies are actively searching for that man.

Armed Harris County sheriff's deputies searched buildings and vehicles for anyone who may be involved in the shooting.

A shelter-in-place was ordered at the college. Students, faculty and staff were told to stay where they are.

Aldine Independent School District officials said four nearby campuses, Dunn Elementary, Parker Intermediate, Nimitz 9th grade campus and Nimitz High, were placed on lockdown as a precaution. School district officials said there is no reason to believe a shooter is on any of those campuses, but the lockdown was issued for precautionary measures.

KPRC Local 2 and Click2Houston.com will have much more on this breaking news story. Please refresh this page for the latest information.

www.click2houston.com...

Scroll down on this link for pictures:
www.click2houston.com...

link   

It's not trolling to state the obvious. Just because you people have buried your heads in the sand, doesn't mean I have.

I genuinely feel sorry for the victims, but this will continue and continue and continue... Crazy people + a gun loving society = your current reality.

what is more obvious than the wealthy taking over the world and leaving the other 6.9 billion to erode into chaos and tyranny? you may want to spend more time researching the root cause of so much social unrest before claiming one of the symptoms as the problem.

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Weapons are a way of life here on Earth. I don't foresee them going away, so the best thing to do is to educate children and others about guns to prevent these things from happening. As well as having an armed presence of some sort to protect your children. It wasn't the gun that killed,

You can't just start taking away people freedoms like that or it will get ugly. It is like caging a wild animal, with its back against the wall it has no where to go but through you.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If arming teachers isn't a deterrent to shooting sprees then why hasn't any body tried to go massacre a shooting range or gun show?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

It would not be a good idea for the feds to start messing with us here in Texas.

The results will not be favorable for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

was thinking the same thing but on the other hand i'm glad it happened in Texas because i don't think the state government will let it escalate into anti gun BS propaganda. wouldn't that just be refreshing for a change.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join