It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

I have no idea if there was or wasn't. However you don't see me throwing it out there.

IT IS A GUN FREE ZONE; I am not surprised that there was nobody within 100 ft without a weapon.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

I have no idea if there was or wasn't. However you don't see me throwing it out there.

IT IS A GUN FREE ZONE; I am not surprised that there was nobody within 100 ft without a weapon.

You just did throw it out there.....

You are really bad at this...
edit on 22-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The fact is that this event has already taken place; my only concern is why haven't school without these precautions taken the steps to ensure the safety of the students?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Bad at what? questioning your logic? It is a common trait here on ATS.

Am I not free to "throw it out there," right after you committed such an act?
edit on 22-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Bad at what? questioning your logic? It is a common trait here on ATS.

Am I not free to "throw out there," right after you committed such an act?

My logic is knowing that most gun owners carry weapons into most "gun free zones", and nobody ever knows the difference, and there are 270,000,000 registered firearms (guns owned by predominantly law abiding gun owners), 1 person, somewhere on that campus, likely had a firearm. The issue being if the campus was not a gun free zone, perhaps more people on that campus, would have had their firearms. Stop making this complicated....it's not. A poster saying "nobody had firearms", is no different than me saying "you can't prove that one person didn't have a firearm"...just as that is no different than you saying "I don't believe anybody had a firearm"...they are all unequivocally the same statement...or making the same general suggestion.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

How big do you consider your average college campus to be?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

How big do you consider your average college campus to be?

This particular campus serves 3,000 students at any given time.
edit on 22-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Using google? ooooooook

Out of 90,000 students lets say 36 have weapons on them; your answer didn't answer the Sq Ft of the campus let alone determine where the nearest 'carrier' was.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Using google? ooooooook

Out of 90,000 students lets say 36 have weapons on them; your answer didn't answer the Sq Ft of the campus let alone determine where the nearest 'carrier' was.

Sorta the point I was making. You are making this far more complicated than it is...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Using google? ooooooook

4,800 square feet. What else do you need answered since you can't seem to do that on your own...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

As a veteran I was able to see how close someone could be as you watched their life drain from them. The feeling is that of shock. Now to think that someone carrying was near with weapon is free to be in shock. (my events were in Afghanistan and Iraq, I still was in shock until snapping out of it). Let us put the situation on our home turf where we should be comfortable and at ease? Should the affect of shock be considered in this situation? I believe so; let alone one of the main rules in shooting is to know what is behind your target.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by EL1A5

As a veteran I was able to see how close someone could be as you watched their life drain from them. The feeling is that of shock. Now to think that someone carrying was near with weapon is free to be in shock. (my events were in Afghanistan and Iraq, I still was in shock until snapping out of it). Let us put the situation on our home turf where we should be comfortable and at ease? Should the affect of shock be considered in this situation? I believe so; let alone one of the main rules in shooting is to know what is behind your target.

I'm a veteran. You aren't telling me anything I don't know about. You are assuming anybody who was carrying would have had an opportunity to effect the situation....without considering that may not have been the case...I'm simply stating it's foolish to assume there "were no guns there" because nobody fired back...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Attacking Texas and their carrying laws is ill in my opinion. Anywhere in our home land, no matter what gun laws are in place, an individual would be in shock during an event of this sort. There are many stories where we see an armed by-stander take control, unfortunately in this case there was none. Please don't go mocking the State, nobody really knows the mental stability of a few select men.

Star for your presence during this debate.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Something tells me Texas will try a bit to muffle this a little more than Sandy Hook shooting

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well, by your own logic, more people should have had guns in the gun free zone....

and btw no one legally carries on school grounds. That is a 2 year felony if I am not mistaken. The ones that are willing to risk prison are..... wait for it again (I know I know, it is getting old for me too)...... the suspects!

If you get caught shooting someone in self defense in a gun free zone guess what happens - they lock you up for a couple years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have committed a felony bringing that weapon in a gun free zone, and the law must be enforced at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my brother killed, like I said.
edit on 22-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by EL1A5

What did I tell you about logic?

Someone lock this guy up before he saves lives and prevents prison sentences!

So, with this in mind, had someone accidentally shot an innocent - they likely would have forgot this crucial rule of gun play.

The first rule, KNOW what is BEHIND your TARGET. Bullets do not have names magically inscribed on them.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

reply to post by EL1A5

I'm a veteran. You aren't telling me anything I don't know about. You are assuming anybody who was carrying would have had an opportunity to effect the situation....without considering that may not have been the case...I'm simply stating it's foolish to assume there "were no guns there" because nobody fired back...

Would you risk going to prison to shoot it out with the perpetrators? If they had guns, they weren't supposed to and knew it.

You have not seen combat, if you had you would know a thing or two about it. Assumption, I know. Still - you have displayed a lack of knowledge on the subject of gun play AKA combat.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

If I am not mistaken; and please back me up if you know but that is the fifth rule.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Yes, I would prefer prison over innocent people shot.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Knowledge of combat?!

There is no KNOWLEDGE of the extent people will go to defend themselves. To say there is a KNOWLEDGE of combat itself is an ignorant statement!

HAHA!
Please sit down if you haven't seen your good friends fired upon; YOUR BROTHER? I question whether this statement holds any truth behind it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join