It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by NarrowGate

If I am not mistaken; and please back me up if you know but that is the fifth rule.

No, that is the first rule. Too many of my friends have been hit by strays. I am changing the order.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Knowledge of combat?!

There is no KNOWLEDGE of the extent people will go to defend themselves. To say there is a KNOWLEDGE of combat itself is an ignorant statement!

HAHA!
Please sit down if you haven't seen your good friends fired upon; YOUR BROTHER? I question whether this statement holds any truth behind it.

There is knowledge involved. A pretty large amount of it actually. To get involved in any kind of combat without knowledge of how to do so properly and safely is ignorant. As for your proof wchbnewsdetroit.com...

^^ They forgot to mention he saved the kid from getting jumped, and also held the door for everyone to get in. He was the last one in, and did not make it in.
edit on 22-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

eta: don't have articles for all of my friends that got hit by strays.

Also, I have been fired on personally. I surprised myself that day.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If I am not mistaking the first rule is TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WERE LOADED.

I don't know who has been teaching you but their curriculum is flawed.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

If I am not mistaking the first rule is TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WERE LOADED.

I don't know who has been teaching you but their curriculum is flawed.

That is a no brainer. Most have more trouble with my preferred 1st rule. Hence the reason I changed the order.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Sure there is "knowledge" some try to input into your brain, but when lead is flying and explosions are the main thing you hear; all that "knowledge" will seize to exist.
edit on 22-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ah ha so you have changed the KNOWLEDGE. You have proven my point.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Sure there is "knowledge" some try to input into your brain, but when lead is flying and explosions are the main thing you hear; all that "knowledge" will seize to exist.

Well played.

I guess it comes down to training yourself to remember. It does work.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What the training comes down to is YOUR SURVIVAL: there is no steps. You either survive or you don't.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

What the training comes down to is YOUR SURVIVAL: there is no steps. You either survive or you don't.

Depends on the situation. You should be aware of who is around you at all times when carrying, so if something happens it is already mapped in your brain. This works, I can vouch for this.

However, there is always going to be exceptions.

eta; you do have a point. You have a limited window of opportunity to keep your brains inside of you. Play your cards right, it is better to die than to take an innocents life.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
To both narrowgate and EL1A5, regardless of your interpretation of first response, I respect you both for your commitment to the safety of the unarmed citizen. I am a CCW and applaud you for your desire to step into the cross-hairs to protect those un-able or un-willing to protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by westlynx

This action shouldn't be that of a veteran. As CITIZENS we should all be concerned and ready to defend the safety of our fellow MAN.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by westlynx
To both narrowgate and EL1A5, regardless of your interpretation of first response, I respect you both for your commitment to the safety of the unarmed citizen. I am a CCW and applaud you for your desire to step into the cross-hairs to protect those un-able or un-willing to protect themselves.

Well you used a key word there. Unable. Does not apply to me. For me to not step into the cross hairs would violate my Faith. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. If I were unable or unwilling... what would I want someone to do for me.... God is always watching. Always. Judgment awaits.

ETA: This is the most logical reason my brother held the door for everyone (the Golden Rule). He has been judged, and is now praying for me. Meets the requirements for baptism by blood, which means he is in heaven. I would like to make it there one day, and that means I have to be true to my Faith.
edit on 23-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Is anyone else wondering why this shooting dropped off the front page so fast. As "breaking news" it was the front of every news site I checked, now it's below even the "feel good" articles. Why would that be? It's still a school shooting isn't it?
edit on 23-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I couldn't agree more. The quite obvious desire to make the strong in will, weak, is the most distasteful act of treason in our media today.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
Is anyone else wondering why this shooting dropped off the front page so fast. As "breaking news" it was the front of every news site I checked, now it's below even the "feel good" articles. Why would that be? It's still a school shooting isn't it?
edit on 23-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

Gang related. "Those "brothers" are just being animals again" and all that.
I used to actually think racism was dead, then I opened my eyes.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Your brother is no doubt a hero then. If more people were like him we would see less kill rates in our GREAT NATION.

My prayers go out to him.
edit on 23-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I think they're back paging it because people realize A.) this happened in a gun free zone in a state with the most lax gun laws and B.) was most likely gang related and not a lone gunman gone mad.

Just like other gang shootings, they're ignored... since it happened at a school the media picked it up and tried to run with it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I agree with what you say: It was amazing to see how fast this story was put into archive.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Your brother is no doubt a hero then. If more people were like him we would see less kill rates in our GREAT NATION.

My prayers go out to him.
edit on 23-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

You might not know it yet, but it is him who is likely praying for you now. Golden Rule. What a blessing.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Copy cats....violent video games, pharma drugs and violent movies to reinforce and desensitize.

If violent video games causes this, does paintball and airsoft wars?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join