It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction: no wonder I feel the need to pray.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am ashamed. I am ashamed that we as a nation do not support nor appreciate our vets as we should. You never ask for praise, it was your duty, I am honored to have you in our ranks as citizens. You are a stone to this great nation, and I thank you for your service.
Sorry if this was off-topic, but I for one have the privilege to say I am honored to live in the time of heroes.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by 200Plus

I think they're back paging it because people realize A.) this happened in a gun free zone in a state with the most lax gun laws and B.) was most likely gang related and not a lone gunman gone mad.

Just like other gang shootings, they're ignored... since it happened at a school the media picked it up and tried to run with it.

Well we could also post on the other 10,000 people who died today in America....that would be a lot of posts though.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by westlynx
I am ashamed. I am ashamed that we as a nation do not support nor appreciate our vets as we should. You never ask for praise, it was your duty, I am honored to have you in our ranks as citizens. You are a stone to this great nation, and I thank you for your service.
Sorry if this was off-topic, but I for one have the privilege to say I am honored to live in the time of heroes.

Kind of funny how the Vet is being turned into the crazed PTSD that should have their guns removed....
When I retired they push for me to go down the PTSD path....so easy...boy I'm glad I didn't take the bait, plus I fly for a living and anything mental doesn't go well with the FAA.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Most of my family(and my wife's) are military, the crap that you get put through is criminal to say the least.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

It is not our Nation having a problem with it. It is the ones running the show that are not properly supporting them. This comes from a non-veteran. I do have a lot of family that has, and one that still is, serving in combat zones.

Even the one that is called a hero does not consider himself a hero. He considers himself a killer and is probably going to die soon from what the Army left him with. A bad kidney and bad PTSD, and no financial support.

Keep that in mind, and remind the ones - especially the ones with injuries - that their sacrifice was not in vain. Do not go overboard though. When they reflect on it, they will think you were being emotional. If you can show them you are applying logic and not emotion it is more beneficial to their recovery.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Most of my family(and my wife's) are military, the crap that you get put through is criminal to say the least.

Nut to Butt privates
. Girls shorts...... count me out. I wouldn't make it.

That's not a joke, they actually do that!
edit on 23-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

Aside from the breaches of contract and blatantly bad treatment of soldiers, it is actually not all that bad in the training. Outside the wire it will depend on who you are taking orders from. About that.....
edit on 23-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

They pushed me to follow such a path; I denied it, I wanted a future and a career.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Best thing to ever happen to me...made me very successful today...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

They pushed me to follow such a path; I denied it, I wanted a future and a career.

I did extremely well in the military and outside of it once I retired...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Kind of funny how the Vet is being turned into the crazed PTSD that should have their guns removed....
When I retired they push for me to go down the PTSD path....so easy...boy I'm glad I didn't take the bait, plus I fly for a living and anything mental doesn't go well with the FAA.

PTSD is considered bad? Most of everyone I know has it, it's called awareness in my book.

Also, PTSD does not get your guns taken away. IDK about flying, but it is not a mental disorder and should not affect that either.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Okay try having thanksgiving when father is ARMY and Father-in-law is NAVY lol. Oh the food flies!
edit on 23-1-2013 by westlynx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
We are so far off topic they are just going to say F it and remove the whole thread when they read this

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

PTSD in my opinion is a serious disorder; I wouldn't be surprised if future laws prevented those diagnosed with it from buying guns.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Two young men became involved in an argument that ended when one pulled a handgun. Minutes later, the other man and a school maintenance worker lay wounded
A little after 2 p.m., the search became moot when a man suspected in the shooting showed up at Northwest Medical Center. Authorities said he apparently shot himself in the hip accidentally while handling his weapon.
The reason for the argument between the men, as well as the precise sequence of events, was still the subject of investigation late Tuesday. Why the maintenance employee was shot was unclear.

Both men involved in the altercation were listed as "persons of interest." In a statement, the Harris County Sheriff's Department said one had a student ID and that both remain under armed guard at the hospitals where they are being treated.

Later Tuesday, sheriff's officials identified the accused gunman as Carlton Berry, 22.

Although he remains hospitalized for an apparently self-inflicted accidental gunshot wound, Berry has been charged with aggravated assault.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It is so horrible this happened in TX!

back on topic..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
PTSD, which brings us back to guns around our schools and on-topic. If they(government) would understand that the threat is not with lawful gun owners, but kids with no RESPECT to the tools this nation has, and being so drugged up on meds, we might be able to control this mass shooting problem. But that is not on the agenda sadly...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

PTSD in my opinion is a serious disorder; I wouldn't be surprised if future laws prevented those diagnosed with it from buying guns.

No action could be blamed on PTSD. Aside from nightmares and auditory hallucinations that normally stop at some point, it makes you very sensitive to your environment (or surroundings you could say). Just the type of people we want carrying guns actually.... my cousin owns guns and has never harmed anyone stateside with them. He has pretty bad PTSD to this day....

If someone with PTSD snaps and kills people there is WAY more than PTSD going on. It is just an easy scapegoat to brush the real issue(s) under the rug.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

It is so horrible this happened in TX!

back on topic..

yes yes....Texas. When will the mass shootings end.....
when we start thinking like intelligent beings with free will that are capable of love.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I attended rehab twice for it, I saw men who abused their kids to men who couldn't even open a bathroom door without taking cover. It is indeed a REAL disorder.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join