It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs 23 executive orders on gun control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

What about all of the guns that were purchased from private collections. Current owners aren't tied to those weapons - so why on earth would they abide by any law regarding private sales?

These undocumented owners would be foolish to participate in any background-check scheme, because they would be putting a target on their own back.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Is it just me or does it look like none of them actually do anything?

I'm having horrible flashbacks to the days when my office formed groups to discuss the formation of committees to discuss actions that investigated implementations and so on.....

Gets a sigh of relief from me.

Now to just harass my "elected officials" to keep some asinine AWB at bay.

Yes, Obama punted !
Oh....never mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

The difference is, action means right now , order means when it read so as soon as Obama signed them action's they be active/law if they were to be as orders, only then would they be active after being read same day but not at the moment of signing some were in here that is if i remember right www.archives.gov...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by stutteringp0et

I just watched him speak and sign these executive orders live on the news. What I'm hearing and taking from these newscasters is that he does not need congresses approval to sign these into law? Is this correct/true? Can someone who better understands help explain this to me?
I thought legislation approval would be required?
edit on 16-1-2013 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

Most of this is already law, and these executive orders seem to simply enforce them to some extent. For example, background checks are already required, so the executive order (which ever number it was) is enacted simply to make sure nothing is slipping through the cracks.

Background checks have never been performed on second hand sales. None of the weapons used in the mass shootings were obtained unlawfully. Get ready for a fifty dollar tax when if you are cleared to sell a used gun.

I'm fine with that.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

So are these doctors supposed to report this, and to whom?

Since Doctors and our Health Care industry are now under Obamacare guidelines. Doctors can legally ask if you have a gun in your home, before treatment. It won't be long until that question becomes mandatory for treatment. It's another way to pinpoint where guns are located, and who has them.

Des

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

So are these doctors supposed to report this, and to whom?

Since Doctors and our Health Care industry are now under Obamacare guidelines. Doctors can legally ask if you have a gun in your home, before treatment. It won't be long until that question becomes mandatory for treatment. It's another way to pinpoint where guns are located, and who has them.

Des

Unless you can be smacked with purgery or something you're not under any obligation to answer truthfully or at all.

Doc can ask me whatever the hell he wants and I'll answer however the hell I want.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero

Originally posted by stutteringp0et

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

13 to 17 worry or confuse me the most, that or both.

"Maximize enforcement efforts" I hope they put more behind that to prevent abuse of new power.

Again only my opinion but I think 17 is to clarify that if psychiatrist is told by a patient that he or she may be thinking about committing an act of violence, there is no law against them reporting that to law enforcement. No legal ramifications for breaking doctor/patient privilege.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well I no one has to visit the doctor anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's funny how fast they acted on this. Our Government never ceases to amaze me. When tragedy strikes and it meets their long-lusted-after agenda, they are right there chasing that ambulance. Maybe he can use his executive powers to pass a budget and reduce the trillions of dollars of debt. Since he's got his executive powers and isn't afraid to use them, why doesn't he just get rid of Congress entirely? That way we don't have to pay their salaries. He doesn't use them anyway. While he's at it, take away their pensions too. The actions of this Government are making me sick to my stomach. I am disgusted not only by them, but also by all of their cheer-leading supporters who (it seems) have never had a rational thought in their life.

The guns are NOT the problem!!! They are a SYMPTOM of the sickness that is spreading throughout this country. Our Government is much like many of the drug companies who produce drugs to keep you sedated instead of trying to cure your illness. Sometimes the side-effects are more deadly than the disease.

link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

"Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

Why does my doctor need to know about my guns? If i do is this going to effect the kind of care I get? This seems a bit nefarious.....

. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

Again ???

"Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

Again what does this have to do with gun control? What do my benefits have to do with weapons?

I get the mental health aspects in the bill......but some of these are really out of place

Why do i get the feeling that gun owners are going to have issues with this new "health care plan".........

The other issue is NONE of these have any bearing on preventing the issues that happened, all of the guns that were used in these shootings were taken from LAWFUL, gun owners who LEGALLY owned the guns.....

This solves nothing, but to further a different agenda......
edit on 16-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
Nobody is taking any of my guns, ever. I have had it with this government shredding of the Constitution. That document is larger and more important than all of them combined.

This communist president can issue all the EOs he wants - they do not mean JACK to most Americans (and several states, it turns out).

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All hail Obama, King of Earth!

Start impeachment processes now.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I will tell a doctor, or shrink, the same thing I tell anyone in RL that asks me about my guns. "None of your business."

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The list was not a Presidential Executive Orders it was a Presidential Memoranda. I think there is a big difference between the two.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero

Originally posted by stutteringp0et

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

13 to 17 worry or confuse me the most, that or both.

"Maximize enforcement efforts" I hope they put more behind that to prevent abuse of new power.

To me it sounds like, soon you may need a full psychological evaluation before you can buy a gun.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

And the bill footed by you of course..... They are trying to make it too much of an expense and hassle for most normal people it seems. Must have gotten some tips from England

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying Des and Username, just thought it might be weird if you were goin to see a doctor for a regular check-up and they start asking about your guns at home.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't understand this one

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

any help?
Thanks.
spez

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I will tell a doctor, or shrink, the same thing I tell anyone in RL that asks me about my guns. "None of your business."

Umm, OK. What do I care? That's an odd interpretation. I didn't read anything about having to answer any question; just that it could be asked. So long as you don't feed that thing after midnight, we'll all be fine!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Cant wait for A. Jones and buddies to "bring back 1776" so he can earn his darwin award. Rightfully so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join