It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs 23 executive orders on gun control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
So what does the CDC have to do with mental health? Isn't that what they are keying the problem on? There seems to be a lot of data streaming to the CDC now. I don't really see how this help them do their job of disease control and prevention. Unless they're going to mark mental health problems as a disease.

Well like all other government agencies it is bloated and has lost focus.

Currently the CDC focus has broadened to include chronic diseases, disabilities, injury control, workplace hazards, environmental health threats, and terrorism preparedness. CDC combats emerging diseases and other health risks, including birth defects, West Nile virus, obesity, avian, swine, and pandemic flu, E. coli, and bioterrorism, to name a few.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's all a cluster ______ !

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I cannot find anything on the Erich Pratt "Gun owners of America" interview, even on msnbc!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Its Tyranny disguised as Government.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

What obama said was that the CDC will do research on VIDEO games and violence. Like a pandemic mental illness in young people who are gamers...
edit on 16-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by ObjectZero
So what does the CDC have to do with mental health? Isn't that what they are keying the problem on? There seems to be a lot of data streaming to the CDC now. I don't really see how this help them do their job of disease control and prevention. Unless they're going to mark mental health problems as a disease.

Because the CDC is now Obamacares' CIA...that's why....

Des

So many data loop holes heading to the CDC that can now be passed off the other branches.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

What obama said was that the CDC will do research on VIDEO games and violence. Like a pandemic mental illness in young people who are gamers...
edit on 16-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

Shouldnt psychologists and sociologists be doing that instead of a disease control agency?

Thats just odd, and doesnt make any sense........

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The CDC is heavily staffed and supported by the US Navy. That is where the CDC comes in. It is a backdoor for the military to work within the US. And Don't forget the General who was put in charge of Sony's Cyber Security Division. He was involved with the cold war and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This may be only to make the public think the pressure is off while Biden's working group develops the hard line laws that won't be popular.
I know there is more than this coming.

Oh, you can bet the farm on that.

You ain't seen nothing yet...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here is the text regarding the CDC from the scribd document:

END THE FREEZE ON GUN VIOLENCE RESEARCH, INVESTIGATE THE CAUSES AND PREVENTION OF VIOLENCE, AND EXPLORE THE IMPACT OF VIOLENT MEDIA IMAGES AND VIDEO GAMES:

For years, Congress has subjected the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to restrictions ensuring it does not “advocate or promote gun control,” and some members of Congress have claimed this restriction prohibits the CDC from conducting any research onthe causes of gun violence. However, public health research on gun violence is not advocacy. The President is directing the CDC and other research agencies to conduct research into the causes and prevention of gun violence, and the CDC is announcing that they will begin this research. The Administration is calling on Congress to provide $10 million for the CDC to conduct further research, including investigating the relationship between video games, media images,and violence.
www.scribd.com

So with words like "and" & "includes" I don't think that video game violence will be their only focus.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This all seems less gun related and more info related. They really need to stop writing laws that can be piggy backed so easy.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Cant wait for Pre-crime Laws, hey?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Cant wait for Pre-crime Laws, hey?

With having doctors as government spies, that seems to be what this is shaping up to.

It's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

All are guilty till proven innocent, and only for a short time.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

Ummm......... What the bloody hell does that bit I bolded mean? Bueller? Anyone?

Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

DOJ to set up their own courts and prisons? Am I reading that right? Erm.........
edit on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:12:19 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Its Tyranny disguised as Government.

And the greasepaint is wearing off.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I hate Executive Orders, they are so convoluted!!!

EO11310 was signed by Johnson in 1966. It was later revoked by EO11490, which was revoked by EO12656.....

As for the term alien, that was before we were politically correct with the term immigrant.

If you want to follow the skipity do da of the EOs, go here (archives.gov) scroll do to 11310, then start clicking the revoked by links.

And speaking of the those EOs, has text been released regarding exactly what Obama signed today? The scribd doc just seems to be an outline and summary, not the actual orders.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

There were ZERO Executive Orders signed. Ack! The ignorance drives me away!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

My freaking taxes and insurance payments CANNOT go up any more! I am sick to death of paying irresponsible government! The cuts so far amount to about the same as me cutting back 4 cents on my 2,000 a month budget!!!

My taxes went up by 400% this year and I was told to save even more for next!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And here you all thought martial law was going to be declared and SS officers sent to raid your houses.

Relax

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

There were ZERO Executive Orders signed. Ack! The ignorance drives me away!

Key Word?

Executive.

You keep leaving that tidbit out.

Im sure Obama knows that also. The whole reason why he used "actions" instead of "Orders". Sounds more genial.........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join