It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs 23 executive orders on gun control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Aren't you a violent one.....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Who is really going to tell their doctor or health care professional the truth?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

So are these doctors supposed to report this, and to whom?

my question was that doesn't that violate doctor/patient confidence? not sure for doctors but I think it does for psychiatrists.

link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Most people think that anything that you speak to your doctor or therapist about is confidential. Things like this seriously undermine that relationship. And seeing as how most people are severely uninformed these days, it might be a serious problem for them. Also, what is to stop them from adding "penalties" to refusing to answer, or lieing about it?

I wish I could put him in DC, with a buffet at 1AM under a sprinkler

link   
So what exactly is the "new" definition of an assault weapon? Is it a semi auto that fires .223/5.56 or other common rounds or full auto that fires any caliber? Or does it have nothing to do with bullet size and just to do with evil features aka forward grip, pistol grip, detachable mag etc? In other words a compliant rifle like the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 T with a 10 round mag chambered in 5.56 with a fixed stock , is that now an assault weapon?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I will tell a doctor, or shrink, the same thing I tell anyone in RL that asks me about my guns. "None of your business."

I totally agree with your stance. But, once ObamaCare is in full swing to the extent of its TRUE intention (government knowing everything about you), your doctor will probably have to indicate that you exhibit "belligerence and have anger management issues". See where this is taking us?

Once they slap a label on you, it's there forever!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SPEZNA1

I wondered about that one too. Is the CDC being tasked with defining a new "disease" or mental health condition to ascribe to gun owners?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

As for

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

He could start by charging those guilty in the Fast and Furious scandal.
Now THAT would be real leadership!

Or an admittance to complete and utter failed policies, punishable by current laws.

Take your pick.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Sometimes I am glad to be living in canada now. I have a sneaking suspicion that the harpy goobermint will start following the leader again though. Hopefully not, and hopefully this crap gets slapped down as the unconstitutional garbage it is. I would really like to return to the states someday, but only if a lot of the damage aimed at our rights is undone first.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

So are these doctors supposed to report this, and to whom?

my question was that doesn't that violate doctor/patient confidence? not sure for doctors but I think it does for psychiatrists.

Yes, it does violate Dr. Patient confidentiality. But, it also will probably put Doctors into the position of having to legally testify should a patient of theirs' come to trial...it's a sneaky slippery slope, that bodes no good for all involved. Except the Federal Government.

Des

edit on 16-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

They don't do this already?

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

Will the NRA be running this? Or will it be government propaganda?

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

As I have said before, other than trying to bypass the 2nd amendment, WTF does the CDC (center for disease control) have to do with guns?

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Clarify that I don't have to tell them anything.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

Really? We have to tell people it's ok to report threats of violence to law enforcement authorities? What is this really saying? Report all gun owners?

Looks like a lot of smoke and mirrors, I would like to know where the rabbit is!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stutteringp0et
reply to post by SPEZNA1

I wondered about that one too. Is the CDC being tasked with defining a new "disease" or mental health condition to ascribe to gun owners?

Ahhh, I know why.... "This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting and this is for fun." Now it all makes sense why the CDC would be involved.

I knew it!!

spez

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

All of these new mandates have so many back doors, it's like swiss cheese. So many holes to push other directives through without consent. This is nothing more than setting a new climate of control , in new segments of our lives.

Des

edit on 16-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

THE WHITE HOUSEOffice of the Press SecretaryEMBARGOED UNTIL THE START OF THE PRESIDENT’S REMARKS January 16, 2013Gun Violence Reduction Executive ActionsToday, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevantdata available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health InsurancePortability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from makinginformation available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background checksystem.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited fromhaving a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full backgroundcheck on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance onhow to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product SafetyCommission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace gunsrecovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with propertraining for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control toresearch the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patientsabout guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibitsthem from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
EMBARGOED

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship andinstitutions of higher education

.20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental healthservices that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirementswithin ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mentalhealth.

Makes me completely sick to see this crap!! 4 effing billion dollars from.....Yep you guessed it.....US the taxpayer to keep 15,000 cops on the streets?

ARGHHHHHHHHH this guy continues to piss me off with everything he does!! How do some of you support this A$$HOLE!!!

Care to read more......

www.scribd.com...

Here you go.....Enjoy as this clown takes rights away from you and people sit around and smile like nothing is going on....

edit on 1/16/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So what does the CDC have to do with mental health? Isn't that what they are keying the problem on? There seems to be a lot of data streaming to the CDC now. I don't really see how this help them do their job of disease control and prevention. Unless they're going to mark mental health problems as a disease.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

This solves nothing, but to further a different agenda......
edit on 16-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Its a Tyrannical power grab, in my opinion.

I agree with an "ulterior" agenda.

Maybe to go along with these?

Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

link

edit on 16-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
So what does the CDC have to do with mental health? Isn't that what they are keying the problem on? There seems to be a lot of data streaming to the CDC now. I don't really see how this help them do their job of disease control and prevention. Unless they're going to mark mental health problems as a disease.

Because the CDC is now Obamacares' CIA...that's why....

Des

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Cant wait for A. Jones and buddies to "bring back 1776" so he can earn his darwin award. Rightfully so.

I can't wait for Finland to get their own dictator who will take away their internet and other things they take for granted.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Erich Pratt just did an OUTSTANDING newspiece on MSNBC...

Can someone find it and download the clip?

I could not find it yet on youtube but it was amazing, he did really really good.
edit on 16-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I find this one especially interesting:

Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

That sounds exactly like the Hitler/Gestapo relationship.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join