It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Of course they`ll demand their gold back. A liberal/left welfare-President is in power and before you know it he will have given all funds away.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It's not $200 billion, it's $36 billion.

QV.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney
And this is why people make fun of conspiracy theorists. Mathematics says nothing like "it should have happened by now", and anyone who understands basic economics never thought the US was close to economic collapse. The debt limit has ALWAYS been raised, were actually WITHDRAWING troops from Iraq.

I know I'm preaching to the wrong choir here. I am just so tired of people fear mongering over a collapse that never comes. I know you guys want it so bad, oh so bad. But its not going to come. Well be well into the next economic boom and people will still be on ATS telling us economic collapse will happen any day.

You know, I kinda feel the same way with all these claims of economic collapse deadlines being missed, and outrageous claims being made by people on websites like this.

I do keep coming back to touchpoints like the almost parabolic curve debt chart/QE Forever/%25 of people on food stamps/16 states are zombie states (more government workers and benefits than private sector workers.), and think if you just keep printing money then it will eventually collapse.

I don't really understand your point about the debt limit - even raising it to infinity and beyond will by logically cause more and more problems, at a certain point you reach a stage where the debt interest alone is crippling.

I'm reminded of the crash of 1929, where the stockmarket was at massive if not record highs before it crashed, and that was before computer trading.

For me, we have crossed several rubicon's, such as other central banks asking for their gold back, downgrading of the US credit twice no less, the ending of the petrodollar, massive printing of money (and the Fed stopping the release of the M1 figures in approx 2003.)

These are all bad signs, and some of them are firsts for the US economy.

I'm not convinced we will see a massive crash, or a slow decline into parts of America becoming 3rd world, or perhaps the bean counters will magic all these debts away? The IT/tech/cloud sector in America is really it's powerhouse now and I can see that continuing and doing very well.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney
What is so hilarious about your comment is that we would be the next Zimbabwe if conspiracy theorists had their way and we "ended the fed" and let Congress control monetary policy. That is exactly how Zimbabwe ended up going into a inflationary spiral - their central bank stopped being autonomous and decisions for monetary policy were placed in the hands of elected leaders. And since elected leaders always want to get re-elected, they made monetary policy decisions for short term gain and long term disaster.

The situation in the US is completely different, in spite of conspiracy theorists. The federal reserve us autonomous and elected leaders have oversight authority but cant actually make monetary policy. The fact that you compare the two is laughable.

The reasons and control behind Zimbabwe and the US's reserve banks may be different, but I cannot see how doing the same thing by printing massive amounts of money every month wouldn't cause the same problems. There are figures of $40 Billion a month being printed by the US Federal Reserve.

I think one of the reasons you are not seeing such a strong inflationary problem in the US is because while there is $40Billion/Month being printed, the actual physical cirtulation of money is being massively constrained.

There was a author doing some research on another site about the FED holding back physical cash from banks to only cover their average daily transactions, and not releasing the 2011 series of money which had been printed, but was sitting in storage.

Economic's 101 from my rusty memory from school says that the rate of transfer/flow of money around a economy (how many times it changes hands) slows down during a bad economy, and artificially retaining the physical supply of money would also have this affect would it not?

Seems strange policy to print massive amounts of money and then physically restrain it from entering the actual supply.

I'm not a FED expert but wouldn't printing money at the same time as physically limiting the supply of it make it worth less at the same time you are slowing down the economy?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Last time I checked, we had a conservative/right wing chancelor(ress?
)
Was there a coupe in Germany and I didn't notice it?
Or do you confuse Germany with France...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
My guess here is that other nations are realizing that the US is no longer a stable investment or a reliable banking institution. This stems not only from poor fiscal policy, but more importantly it stems from rising public dissatisfaction with their government. Public distrust in the US government is reaching its breaking point which makes the US an incredibly risky investment, investors are pulling their money out because they sense a collapse is imminent and I tend to agree.

Distrust in the US government has been rising for some time now and I think we find ourselves in a "perfect storm" situation where the increase in public dissatisfaction has been accelerated due to poor economic performance which may, in part, have been a result of already rising public unrest. Moreover past attempts by the US government to suppress rebellious spirits have not only been unsuccessful, but actually made the problem worse. Their deceitful methods are far too obvious and these clearly visible attacks on dissatisfied citizens have only made them even more angry.

Really what we see here is that dissatisfied citizens were demanding a serious change in the way the US does business. Rather than accept change the US decided to fight against it, rather than accept the inevitability of progress the US chose to fight against nature and nature won. No surprises there, the US signed their own death certificate.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok, so we all know our Gov is shady/corrupt. But they are not stupid, What is their EndGame? That is what needs to be discussed, We can put blame on the past but whats the point. Think of the world as an old RISK board Game. We have different countries making huge moves and making demands on one another and some are starting to hoard resources like never before. So what kind of event can cause mass world panic, collapse of the Dollar? Mother Nature (Climate Changes)?. Alien Invasion? WW3? Something huge is going down to the point, we need to be looking at the END GAME! We need to look and see if the U.S. is starting to Hoard resources, are we moving/building preparing for something. Or do the powers that be already know something and are screwing everybody in this country and cutting their loses and moving to safer higher ground?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
There is a solution to the world economic crisis...invest heavilly in the 3rd world.

Bringing those billions of people into the the 1st world, would open up incredible market and profit opportunities for those with the economic vision to nurture it.

If America / UK were smart, they would be doing everything they can to beat China to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

No one knows what the future holds, people often make plans for the future, but never know for sure how things are going to turn out. Humans have oftem dreamed of predicting what the future holds, but have never been able to achieve any reliable form of prediction. Ultimately the only constant is change, the I can tell you that the world as you know it will come to an end, it always does. The collapse of the world's current state is not planned by any elite organization or group of ruling powers, instead it is simply evolution in action. "Why does it cost so much to move from the present to the future?" Fear of the unkown probably.

We always seem to fight so hard against change, but evolution always wins. I understand that there are those that might not see where the evolutionary step is in all that's going on these days. Ultimately the universe does not speak the same language we do, it is very non-linear. What we see happening in our times are merely the path that evolution is taking which will end up in a greater change. So you might think, what is the change, or what does the future hold? Will the future be one without US hegemony? Will the future be a US with severe gun control or a US split in two?

To tell the truth I think where this is all heading has nothing to do with the US or China, gun control or birth control, though they play a role leading into the future. I believe nations are obsolete, our way of life, all of us, is obsolete. Since we don't seem to want to move on willingly evolution is going to take drastic measures. Being as how nations are obsolete, but we refuse to acknowledge this, the universe is going to destroy all of our nations. They are obsolete, they do not work and their destruction is the natural result of their creation. Something that does not work does not last, this is nature, it is physics, it is the universe. Nations will cease to exist, not that they ever really existed in the first place.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Some people here are wondering what would happen if the gold wasnt there... Well, gold prices would sore! They would have to buy back physical gold in the market. Money would be printed to pay for it, so the dollar would collapse.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro
reply to post by lucid eyes

Last time I checked, we had a conservative/right wing chancelor(ress?
)
Was there a coupe in Germany and I didn't notice it?
Or do you confuse Germany with France...

Im talking about Obama, not Merkel.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos
UPDATE!
Bundesbank Official Statement On Gold Repatriation

From the Bundesbank:
By 2020, the Bundesbank intends to store half of Germany’s gold reserves in its own vaults in Germany. The other half will remain in storage at its partner central banks in New York and London. With this new storage plan, the Bundesbank is focusing on the two primary functions of the gold reserves: to build trust and confidence domestically, and the ability to exchange gold for foreign currencies at gold trading centres abroad within a short space of time. The following table shows the current and the envisaged future allocation of Germany’s gold reserves across the various storage locations:

From Zerohedge

I really don't understand why a country or person would store Gold in another country. (for any reason)
I have a bank account, in which I maintain a balance, sufficient to cover my monthly bills. Any amount over that is invested into extra food etc. What I don't spend at the end of the month is put aside for emergencies, such as car repairs, household items (Coffee Pot breaks. God forbid!) Etc. In this way the bank won't be able to tell me one day that Sorry, we can't give you your money. We stored it in Boga Boga and they won't give it back.

This whole gold thing, is like me (Germany) giving you (USA) my food stash. Than calling you up and saying I'll be by to do an inventory, and you telling me I can't, because I can't see where its at. In the mean time your running to the grocery store to replace the cans you took, so I won't come over and shoot ya.

I'll keep it in my own Fort Knox. Thank you very much! Its six trees past the last one.

Have a good one. Later

edit on 1/17/13 by Suohhen because: My point is.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

stages massacres = idiot, loopy, bonkers. Staged massacres, HA! They're all staged? really?! OK then no gun control required eh! it's all fake! nothing to see here, no dead children, move along....

ATS is going down the pan quicker than gun ownership laws

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlamingForFame

I second this post.

All this info is accurate. It includes the spin and ignores the implications (in my opinion), but it's accurate.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread918464/pg7#pid1575240

Also I bet transporting 200 billion right now would be highly risky so I am guessing this is just the first of many calls for their gold.... It is interesting that Germany had a hard time getting to actually see the gold.

They are taking 36 billion in gold from their US reserves by 2020 and not releasing when they will be removing it for security reasons.

Does anyone here even read the article or do they just read the headlines and then makes things up?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Staged massacres!!!

Man your loopy

have you ever looked into that?

or are you just not mentally ready to take the red pill?

McVeigh @ OWS

remember, your ignorance is their strength.

Come one. I look just like the guy from Criminal Minds, everywhere I go people tell me that I am his twin. Everyone has one. Google, Paris Hilton twin, Tom Cruise twin, or any other celebrity twin or look a like and you will find one.

I am sure you have heard the saying that everyone has a twin. I am sure there are many people that look very similar to you in the world, but are hard to find because you or they are not famous. It is easy to find a famous persons look alike.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You honestly believe we don't have $200B in gold? And when does this "collapse" I've been hearing about finally happen? It's been imminent for at least 10-20 years now. Strangely, today the USD is sitting right about where it was after the Bush II collapse, where the index tanked from around 120 to 80. Today, the $ has lost nearly 0.007 points. That's enough to send even the most panicky investors into...well, into absolutely nothing.

The assets of the US are valued at well over $200 Trillion. $200B in gold is worth somewhere around 1/3 of the Apple corporation. If that is going to push anything over the edge, well, we might as well shut down now. The fact that the US economy is on such apparent eggshells as for this to wven matter means we are within hours of total economic doom.

Or, it could just be more crying wolf by the same people who have been predicting the collapse of the dollar for years now. All you need to do is to view a little bit of history, and some historic , relativistic charts on debt to GDP, USD vs other currencies, etc., to know that, if anything, we're nearing the end of yet another economic war, which, by the day is becoming more and more clear that the US has won.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by hawkiye

What do you think the EURO is backed by, or any other currency for that matter. In fact, the US have more gold reserves than any other country and it isn't even close. 8 thousand tons, compared to Germany at 3k.

The US dollar is the international standard (right now) from which the value of most other world currencies are derived. The US dollar is not tied to its gold reserves, but rather to the global perception of its value. The threat to the US dollar comes from countries returning to a gold standard (or in any way pulling out of the US-dollar-standard), thereby reducing the perceived value of the US dollar. If no one is willing to take it in trade (or requires tremendous amounts of it in trade), then it becomes worthless. You could still pay other countries with gold, though... it just wouldn't help anyone with the little slips of paper that no one wants.

Picture "wheelbarrows full of cash" on a grocery run. It would not be the first time for such a collapse.

And how are these other countries going to return to the gold standard? They are in worse, if not just as bad shape as the USA.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Originally posted by milkyway12
America would be stupid to give it back, even if we did have it.[...]

Openly steal the gold while the whole world is watching? Smart move. Nobody would trust you anymore.
Imagine we would drop the USD in an instant and others would follow... you can't double cross the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Imagine if there was the internet back in 1929 or back when the plague was around. People have been saying it is the end of the world before Jesus' time.

Some of these people here are just insane. Look at the Southpark example above. So the creators of Southpark are really the Columbine shooters. Hell, in that posters example, they don't even kind of look alike.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join