It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by tremex

"As for dumping the dollars they do have since on one else wants then they are using them to buy oil till they can get rid of as many as possible," is a sentence with no meaning.

Show me a news article that claims on contrary to this one:
buzz.money.cnn.com...

As i said behind the curve especially if you believe cnn propaganda:

greyhill.com...

online.barrons.com...

seekingalpha.com...

They may still be the largest holder but they are not buying they are selling!

Even your outdated links (2011) show that Chinese are still buying except that not that much as they used to because the yield of US bonds changes.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tremex

reply to post by tremex

"As for dumping the dollars they do have since on one else wants then they are using them to buy oil till they can get rid of as many as possible," is a sentence with no meaning.

buzz.money.cnn.com...

greyhill.com...

online.barrons.com...

seekingalpha.com...

Even your outdated links (2011) show that Chinese are still buying except that not that much as they used to because the yield of US bonds changes.

They stopped buying back in 2011 genius...Sigh. They could buy $10 worth now and be the largest buyer
... If you believe CNN I have bridge I'd like to sell you really cheap...

edit on 24-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
actually the FED is buying bonds now, at about 45 billion a month *not to mention the 40 billion that is being spent to buy back the mortgage securities

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tremex

reply to post by tremex

buzz.money.cnn.com...

greyhill.com...

online.barrons.com...

seekingalpha.com...

They stopped buying back in 2011 genius...Sigh. They could buy $10 worth now and be the largest buyer
... If you believe CNN I have bridge I'd like to sell you really cheap...

Have you seen any of those Chinese dudes around here lately?
Nope.
That's it! We're are doomed! What did I tell you?

I guess the Wall St. parking lot attendants who write the "Financial Blogs" that you like to read are not that well informed.

China can now bypass Wall Street when buying US government debts, and it is the U.S. Treasury's first-ever direct relationship with a foreign government, Reuters reported Monday, citing the Treasury's documents.

"The direct access is an acknowledgement of critical importance of China to the U.S.' ability to fund its deficits. It gives China more power in bidding without showing its hands to Wall Street banks and other potential competition," Dariusz Kowalczyk, a senior economist at Crédit Agricole CIB, told the Global Times yesterday.

edit on 25-1-2013 by tremex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tremex

Those financial blogs are written by the guys in the trenches they are not propaganda arms of the government like CNN. Yeah gee China is still buying bonds...Sigh Then why is the fed buying them at 45 billion a month to keep the illusion alive? Wake up sleepy head your late...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JanAmosComenius

Even better - the story told to me by my wife's "Uncle Bob"

Uncle Bob had a multimillion dollar buy and sell gold company in the Reno, NV

area for 20+ years, and sold it for many millions. His company was contracted by

the Philadelphia mint around 1990 to produce gold "blanks" to mint coinage on.

As part of this government contract, he was offered an insider's tour of fort knox.

As we know, its a federal reserve bank located within a military base.

He was shown the vaults, but wasn't allowed to go in. The vault door was opened,

and stacked to the ceiling were gold bullion bars. You just couldn't see beyond that

inside! When he asked the obvious - the response was "We keep something more

valuable than gold behind the wall - opium."

Im not sure if I should believe that. but there it is.

Bob now lives in a family compound (bunker) in Wyoming, with his own gold, food, and ammo

stockpile....
edit on 1/25/2013 by drphilxr because: sp

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by JanAmosComenius

As part of this government contract, he was offered an insider's tour of fort knox.

As we know, its a federal reserve bank located within a military base.

He was shown the vaults, but wasn't allowed to go in. The vault door was opened,

and stacked to the ceiling were gold bullion bars. Im not sure if I should believe that. but there it is.

Just go ahead and believe. You really can't get through the door:
2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Gold is pointless. It only has value because people give it value.
It is just a stone & is only valued highly because it looks pretty.

True value can be measured in items that are essential; food, water, etc.
If the economy collapses you'll find that many people will be looking to offer services/trade for food, water, weapons and shelter.

As an individual, I suggest you turn your cash into those types of resources. Invest in a stockpile of food, giant water containers & weapons. If there's no huge crash in US then just sell the items in a couple years. If there is, you can
A. use them
B. trade them for other items/services during the crash

You'll be better off than people with gold & cash 100%.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx
Gold is pointless. It only has value because people give it value.
It is just a stone & is only valued highly because it looks pretty.

True value can be measured in items that are essential; food, water, etc.
If the economy collapses you'll find that many people will be looking to offer services/trade for food, water, weapons and shelter.

As an individual, I suggest you turn your cash into those types of resources. Invest in a stockpile of food, giant water containers & weapons. If there's no huge crash in US then just sell the items in a couple years. If there is, you can
A. use them
B. trade them for other items/services during the crash

You'll be better off than people with gold & cash 100%.

Some people want all that you mention and a bit more. Of course it all depends on the kind of crash. If it's total collapse, yes, you may be right, but if it is something akin to what happened in Argentina, PM's were good to have as well as everything else. Let's hope for a lesser crash and not an apocolyptic one.

edit on 26-1-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

Well let's actually hope for no crash at all, but it just seems some type of downward fall is inevitable.
edit on 26-1-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join