It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
What happens if their is a run on the fed for gold and they don`t have the gold to give back to all the countries that want their gold back?

Those guys are crooks I wouldn`t be surprised if they didn`t already steal all the gold for themselves.

Bingo, who's to say the gold from Knoxville and almost everywhere else somehow
made it's way into a couple of very spacious basements in France-- or Switzerland?
Of also primary interest might be a couple of those castles that never got a single
bullet hole in them from two World Wars. Just sayin'..
EDIT: the lion's share of the CTFC scandal had to do with BIG time leverage in the
paper precious metals.. these guys were scrambling two whole years ago to get
real metal with increasingly worthless dollars to meet maturities. OOps. Guess
the cat chewed his way out of the bag and nobody cares until lettuce is $4/HEAD.

edit on 16-1-2013 by derfreebie because: Paper gold is as viable as a label on a can of beans is edible.

la2

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This subject keeps coming up, yet the Dollar keeps going, I think all will be ok, seems like scare mongering.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
They need those guns out of our hands because they fear the repercussions when the dollar collapses.

That a boy. retardate. Commingle your tin foil- thin, crackpot conspiracy theories of a US economic apocalypse in with the reality of a fretful country that would rather have its children slaughtered in droves than give up its precious boomsticks.

And Americans wonder why the rest of the world view them as the planet's laughing stock...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Think of us as the laughing stock as much as you want, it doesnt change the fact that we dominate you in every facet of a nations status, whether it be military or economically, and none are more nationalistic than those in the south. Oh and dont forget, the dollar is the reserve currency so if we fall, guess who else is?

Back on topic, didnt they request it before and didnt get it? I wouldnt be surprised if the government doesnt have it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by HenryNorris

It's official!

We suck!

Obama has really changed things.

It's "change you can believe in"

How do you like it now?

I shouldn't laugh, I really shouldn't, but so many people were warned from day 1 but of course we were all just a bunch of racist and dismissed.

To be fair though, it wouldnt make a difference who the head puppet in charge was/is. This is all part of a larger plan.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If I offend you, then I'm sorry you feel that way, but do you sheep actually think that you can trust "your" government?

Days leading up to Dollar going to the void >> Take the Guns >> When the dollar collapses, distract the people with whatever they have distracted themselves with; Bluebeam >> So commenses the reaping.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As a real long time lurker........... it needed some real ridiculous stupidity even in the scale of ATS to get me registered just for this thread

this thread is full with wrong, untrue and fake information that (in their content value) even top most of the ufo sightings and political threads here on ats

the only reason why we (i am living in germany - but i am not a "native") pulling back our gold is related to one simple fact:

the german audit court asked the german federal bank for a simple inventory list regarding the germans gold reserves placed worldwide

guess what - they did not know it exactly - since today no one even checked the weight physically

it is estimated as 3396 tons worth between 130-140bn EURO which is second in place behind the USA

as a result of this - the public and the media pressure gained on the government so they had to react

germany has 45-50% of their gold reserves placed at the fed bank in the USA because of a high surplus in foreign trade with the USA in the 50ies and 60ies - the USA payed GERMANY by that

germany has actual 31% of their gold reserves placed in frankfurt germany at our fed bank - 82.857 gold bars stored in containers each 50pcs, stored in 4 different vaults - 6183 of this bars are stored open in the so called goldchamber in the german fed bank

the remaining 20-25% are placed in great britain and france (in case for a financial crisis before the EURO got in place as currency for almost all member countries of the european community)

germany will just take back 700tons in total from the USA and Great Britain

even if we would take the 700tons just only from the USA, there would be still round about 1000tons of our gold reserves that will STAY at the USA

the estimated official plan from the government, the audit court and our fedbank is:

reducing the 45-50% german gold reserves stored in the USA to 37%

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I wonder if they are going to try and split from the Ero and start their own currency up again? Having their gold would give them the strong reserves they need.

They have been threading to split from the Euro for awhile since they say they are carrying the rest of the countries.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Incorrect.

Per the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany (English Version), signed on September 12, 1990:

Although there is no ban on a German military, there is definitely restrictions on its size and capabilities.

There is no official end date to this treaty.
edit on 16-1-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

You claimed there was a ban on Germany having an army and weaponry in your first post. That was obviously wrong as you yourself admitted in your second post.

The restrictions on the size of the Heer and Luftwaffe were those required of the united Germany to ensure the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces, agreed to by the two Germanies among others, would be ratified post unification. The CFE limited the size of all conventional forces (except naval) positioned in Europe for both NATO and former Warsaw Pact countries.

The renunciation of NBC weapons was the same that the two Germanies agreed to pre-unification in such treaties as the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (190 signatories), the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (165 signatories), and the Chemical Weapons Convention (188 signatories).

Note the "agreed to" as opposed to "imposed upon".

There was no official end date to the Treaty of Versaille either.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by hawkiye

So *this is why Obama wanted to mint trillion dollar coins...

it becomes clearer now, doesn't it?

Also, if *anyone* of you buys gold paper bonds, cash them in NOW!

Never, ever, ever, buy gold on paper. Ever!

Obama didn't want to mint trillion dollar coins, that was people on the internet petitioning them to mint trillion dollar coins.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Here is the best article i have found on the subject.Why germans want to see their GOLD
edit on 16-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlamingForFame

The way you described it just made me get the concept of gold standard vs the paper money in my pocket. It's not "my" gold, but I get to "use" it....in theory.

For a nation to change the system, it makes the paper I have suddenly change meaning, even though the same amount of gold is where it was before. It's not "my" gold, after all...so what real say do lowly ol' I have in it's usage.

Wow...lightbulb.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I hear ya, Dusty...

At the moment I'm living paycheck to paycheck attempting to overcome both living bills and a college loan simultaneously, and that......"stuff" (expletives omitted).......ain't easy.

Regardless, there can be no doubt that it must be true that both the reserve and Knox are without bullion (and have been for some time) because of the overwhelming spread (thanks to the still free internet) of the fact that our country has been shipping off TONS of faked (and I'm sure very thinly disguised) gilded tungsten to numerous countries as reciprocation for debts for years. Germany herself has already seen this underhanded betrayal firsthand, as has the United Kingdom...in fact, I believe I even read awhile ago that Brasil has it's own issue with this type of "repayment" not too long ago.

The fact is, we're broke...the recent GM bailout should have been enough to illustrate this to even the most complacent and brain-dead of citizens. If we continue down this road of "altering" the "debt-ceiling" we will literally only be "altering" the depth of our own great nation's grave.

I for one feel it's time for some accountability.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"I am Some Guy, and I am here to ask you a question. Is Germany not entitled to the sweat of its brow?

'No,' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the treasury.'
'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.'
'No,' says the man in Israel, 'it belongs to us.'

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

Revolution.

A state where the artist would not fear the censor,
where the scientist would not be bound by the powers of the day,
where the great would not be constrained by the elite.

And with the sweat of your brow, revolution can become your state, as well."

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Euro is on brink of collapse as well

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So I want to know to all those in here furiously proclaiming utter financial catastrophe from this: how long do we have to wait until you apologize for being wrong? I know people on ATS want economic doom, in fact most people here actually get off to the idea, but the same people have been predicting the US dollar would collapse for 6+ years now. So can I bump this thread in 6 months when there is no hysterical financial disaster, no food lines, no dollar collapsing? Will all you fear mongers apologize and admit you were wrong when nothing happens 6 months from now?

Dont bother answering. 6 months from now all the people furiously masturbating to doom in this thread will have picked up some other minor news story and trumpet it as the herald of the end for the economy, and ignore the fact that they've been 100% wrong for years.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

So now the UK, Russia, China and India all hold gold? And they have corrupt dictators
in power? Who favor the ordinary over the extraordinary?
edit on 17-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thelongjourney

I fear in a month and a half from now we will have a civil war in America

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman
reply to post by thelongjourney

I fear in a month and a half from now we will have a civil war in America

OK, so in 2 months when nothing has happened, will you make a post here and apologize for baseless fear mongering?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join