It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories About Death

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yes, your soul carries with it the memories of all of your past lives and all of the lessons that have been learned.
No, we would not all be born into weathy families if given a chance. If our lives were only wonderful and easy, nothing would be learned on a soul level. Learning comes through adversity. The more advanced the soul, the greater challenges it is willing to take on. Souls do tend to reincarnate together as they seem to consistently reincarnate with one or two people over and over again. There is usually time spent between incarnations so that normally you would not encounter the same soul again in this lifetime. The idea that our guides or spirit team really aren't doing their job properly is absurd. Past life memories do not come from rogue, yet well intentioned guides. Our guides have been with us throughout eternity and do not work by placing false memories into our consciousness. Yes, some people under hypnosis have recalled false memories. That is related to brain function and not guides gone crazy. Yes, during a past life regression, hypnosis is used to lower brainwave function down into theta and delta waves. This does allow us to bypass the conscious mind and access the soul and past life memories. During a past life or between life regression, clients immediately recognize themselves in another life and have no question regarding the authenticity of their thoughts. Quite often, I regress skeptics and they are amazed at what they are able to uncover. Our guides along with our higher self can show us information that helps us on our current path.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
In a dream nothing is solid, however; if you are having an out of body experience you see color, you can eat taste smell have physical relations and in some cases feel pain (fell off a 20 ft wall woke up and was sore the next day bruises and all). Where was I; in 4D, testing myself? Does one progress from dreams to actual gross matter experiences as learning curves in a higher dimension?

But that still doesn't mean your dream was a real physical event.

The pain was more likely psychosomatic.

www.chacha.com...

Probably most people who think they have OBE's etc., have some kind of mental health condition. And I don't mean that to be an insult.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

It's fascinating. I've either achieved untouchable status here or I've completely disappeared. It really makes one wonder if some notions are just so alien that people simply can't process them fully enough to even feel the urge to counter them with an opposing view. To me, the simplest explanation is the most natural and obvious explanation, even if it's a little boring compared to other, more involved explanations for the things that puzzle us as aware beings. The idea that people being affected by false memory introduction as a very plausible explanation for the existence of "past life" memories is pretty common sense thinking, since it happens a lot to people's memories and we know that this is true.

Maybe 1,000 years ago people didn't have the knowledge about how the memory system works, and so what else could they think about someone "remembering" a past life, but we do have this knowledge, and we should be capable of being empowered by the knowledge that we have about how our own brains work. It seems as if this is not the case, though. It seems as if the more we learn, the more some of us feel the need to confuse others as well as ourselves with weak or purposely haphazard assertions presented by professional pitchmen (and women) with careers based on bullsh*t and not much else. And I just don't understand why it's so important to so many people to deliberately dismiss even the most basic knowledge of science and reality in favor of what can easily be proven to be completely impossible to be true or even possible.

Faith is celebrated by every culture on this planet, but it's nothing but a construct that powerful people invented to keep weaker people standing in line without having to invest any money in armed line monitors. Only faith encourages ignorance, and equates that willful ignorance with strength and goodness. And that should be clue #1 to the fact that faith is a literal freedom trap that was invented by those who would enslave the faithful. In a place like this, you'd think that folks would be extremely aware and resistant to faith-based thinking, but again, unless that faith is in the government or left-leaning ideas, then there are very few true agnostics on this board - and almost none who are interested in the kinds of mysteries that are examined in this specific forum.

Maybe this place is yet another black hole for ideas that haven't been picked over for the last 2,000 years or so? Hell, even the ancient alien theorists here base their notions on old-school empires and "federations" that are nothing more than other-world versions of either Greeks or Romans (or barbarians) - especially the Nibiru 2012 crowd and their Anunnaki overlords. Again, just rehashed and warmed over trash that we got originally from people who didn't even understand that the Earth orbits the Sun.

Maybe there really isn't any point in sharing anything new - here or anywhere else. Even for free. Ha...imagine that.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Originally posted by CashStronomer
I sometimes think too of the whole Hallucinogenic Universe argument that it is sometimes had. So, what if we are not actually 'here', and this is all a game or program of sorts? I guess death as a matter of fact would be voided if it were so? Maybe its all like when you are playing a game on your PC, your character 'dies', but it's sitting somewhere in a stock pile so you or another user can play that character again? Maybe that's where Deja Vu and people that believe they had a past life comes from?

I like this. Living is a game but there is nothing hallucinogenic about it, unless you imbibe, we are real enough in substance and the game itself is real. You can't have a game without a game master who creates the game in the first place and sets the rules and who keeps everything up and running. If you look carefully enough you will see that every living thing is playing the game, they can't help but play because living itself is the game. Its called Big fish - Little fish but its not simply about predators and victims its more the interplay between the two where every predator is also a victim and every victim a predator and in the case of humans there are factors to contend with such as values, ethics, morals, love, justice etc etc to make it all the more 'interesting'.

Anyway maybe I'll do a thread on it sometime.

The 'game'. Put a soul spirit with only a vague idea of itself into a flesh and bone vehicle that experiences a myriad of physical and emotional states; first thing that happens you loose your old rememberance of a nice floaty kind of 'I am safe within this environment of pure acceptance' (mothers womb as example). Thrust into a hostile environment-this one being the end all be all of all Bootcamp experiences..so you really wanted to try the human thing? The game is realising it for what it is, that you will die physically but are eternal. For all of those that chose to try this be aware of the courage, bravery you have exhibited, there is no better or more difficult school available (Earth is it) for those wanting to fast track their indivdual soul evolution. Dantes Inferno.
edit on 16-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I understand what you are saying. You need to look deeper.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHANQ
Yes, your soul carries with it the memories of all of your past lives and all of the lessons that have been learned.
No, we would not all be born into weathy families if given a chance. If our lives were only wonderful and easy, nothing would be learned on a soul level. Learning comes through adversity. The more advanced the soul, the greater challenges it is willing to take on. Souls do tend to reincarnate together as they seem to consistently reincarnate with one or two people over and over again. There is usually time spent between incarnations so that normally you would not encounter the same soul again in this lifetime. The idea that our guides or spirit team really aren't doing their job properly is absurd. Past life memories do not come from rogue, yet well intentioned guides. Our guides have been with us throughout eternity and do not work by placing false memories into our consciousness. Yes, some people under hypnosis have recalled false memories. That is related to brain function and not guides gone crazy. Yes, during a past life regression, hypnosis is used to lower brainwave function down into theta and delta waves. This does allow us to bypass the conscious mind and access the soul and past life memories. During a past life or between life regression, clients immediately recognize themselves in another life and have no question regarding the authenticity of their thoughts. Quite often, I regress skeptics and they are amazed at what they are able to uncover. Our guides along with our higher self can show us information that helps us on our current path.

A thought; are our past lives actually our higher self/selves-? the more advanced the soul would have the most lived- (500 average). Question why have to have so many? I realize if you have a big posse you go back to whatever your belief system is ie. Your Creator and bring a greater prize of information gained/gathered using only one very imaginative part its split off self-that assuming you believe you are part and parcel of your host Creator- as it had divided parts of itself to understand itself; or is one actually talking to the real deal, and not other past lives? Soul groups travel together, are they of the same you or are they meant to be adversarial?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I understand what you are saying. You need to look deeper.

No offense, but this is something Yogi Babashi would have told me when I was 13 after he gave me my mantra. Any other help very appreciated I now admit myself as a neophyte.
edit on 16-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
anyone who has experienced astral projection/ o.b.e/ sleep paralysis knows that death is not the end. last summer i had frequent o.b.e's and astral projections. I never got very far while astral projecting, just felt myself floating up quickly, sometimes i could see my surroundings and other times i couldnt. anyway, the point is its an amazing experience that when it happens it almost wakes something up inside of you.. something that tells you "theres more"..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by insightout

Energy can not be destroyed doesn't imply that energy is an entity. Energy cannot be destroyed is not a literal claim, it just means an object always has the possibility, the potential, to do work, i.e move in space, if acted on by a force.

Energy is a concept, a way of describing and measuring how objects move in space.

The body has energy like any object because it does work. Energy is only present when something acts on an object to make it do work. A static object has potential energy, in other words it has the potential to do work if some outside force acts on it, the energy is not a life of it's own. The energy in your body when you die doesn't go anywhere, it is converted to heat for composition, and finally nothing, except for potential energy.

Potential energy meaning the possibly of doing work. There is no actual energy, just the potential to do work, at which point energy is then exerted (work is done and is measurable).

The confusion comes from calling fuels "energy" I think.

edit on 1/16/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

But that's exactly what I meant though, if you go back to my original post. Our reality is a reality encompassed by the transfer of one form of energy to another. So when you die, it is CONVERTED, as you've stated hence the whole idea of "cannot be created nor destroyed, but may be changed from one form to another" which would be into heat in this case.

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by ANOK

Finally some rationality. I thought I was going to go insane with this 'everything is energy' malarky running rampant here. Saying that something is made out of energy is akin to saying something is made out of volume. It makes little sense.

I guess rationality is relative then, and so is your definition of malarky. If energy (E) =mass (m) x speed of light, squared (c^2) and thus inversely mass (m) =energy (E) / speed of light, squared (c^2), it can be supposed that matter is representative of the concept of energy, and since everything in our physical world is made up of matter, couldn't you argue that different forms of energy make up our existence?

Edit: Furthermore, your argument "everything is energy" is essentially true though you may not believe it to be the case. All matter undergo transformations in energy, from potential vibrational energy in the atoms (electron cloud) to even escaping as heat into their environment.
edit on 1/16/13 by insightout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A very interesting thread,and idea's,although it's been explained i still don't understand why
people always want more.

I'm very happy that i've had a good time.

JOB DONE,GAME OVER

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, as a professional pitch woman with a career based on bullsh**, I am fully aware of alternative theories for what a person experiences during meditation, obe, astral projection or regression. So, if you take away any possibility of recovering any actual past life memories, but rather any and all information comes from your own mind, then what you are left with are thoughts or ideas that come from your own subconscious. That is indeed a possibility and I tell all of my clients exactly that. Now, with absolute certainty, I can say that whatever information that is gathered is helpful in their life today. Healing occurs with knowledge, whether that knowledge comes from the deep recesses of your own mind or from the spiritual realm. From my experience, every one that I regress express to me similar stories and give similar details of the spirit realm. That is alot of coincidence. I expressed both my beliefs on reincarnation and what I have been taught. These beliefs coincide with the information that I get back from clients. It is just as valid as there is "nothing" after death or all of the man made religious beliefs.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
There is another plausible explanation for people "remembering past lives", and it has to do with what most mediums describe as a person's "spirit team". These passed-over people can have undue influence if they are the sort of folks who become aggressively involved in what they do (and we all know someone who's like this). They can affect a living brain by affecting the information that gets processed into the memory of that living brain. And many times, that undue influence is inflicted as a result of ignorance on the part of the "spirit team" member, but once it has happened, there's no undoing what's been done, and that influence persists as a full part of that brain's memory - whether accessed or not.
……

Originally posted by NorEaster
It's fascinating. I've either achieved untouchable status here or I've completely disappeared. It really makes one wonder if some notions are just so alien that people simply can't process them fully enough to even feel the urge to counter them with an opposing view. To me, the simplest explanation is the most natural and obvious explanation, even if it's a little boring compared to other, more involved explanations for the things that puzzle us as aware beings. The idea that people being affected by false memory introduction as a very plausible explanation for the existence of "past life" memories is pretty common sense thinking, since it happens a lot to people's memories and we know that this is true.
……
Maybe there really isn't any point in sharing anything new - here or anywhere else. Even for free. Ha...imagine that.

First – I find your theories and explanations quite interesting & entertaining.

Second – I find your theories and explanations like some sort of concentrate… (a lot to consider packed into tight spaces).
Third – I have found that people, in general (to include myself, unless I have some time and space to "think"), are more comfortable quibbling over less heady concepts, or, notions they are more familiar with.
But – to the issue at hand…
Your second post/comment concerns a “spirit team”, and points to other disciplines “accepting” said notion. There may be some kind of scientific backing for this notion, but, I doubt that it is so broad as to include the many (participants in this thread) who say/believe “life & awareness are simply related to the physical flesh/brain, and when the brain is no longer functioning – the individual/soul/personality perishes”.
I know your comment/s had to do, specifically, with past life memories (thus – a belief in reincarnation), and it appears to be a plausible explanation.

On the other hand – it seems that you lump a lot of people together in fairly simplistic (stereotypical) categories, if they believe in some other world-views. I would fall into at least one such group (though your depiction comes nowhere near what I consider more likely).

If you don’t mind – and have a view – how does your theory that regards past-life memories relate (or, apply) to what is currently known as “multiple personality disorder”?

Again – hope you don’t disappear, as I truly enjoy considering your thoughts on most topics!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
To answer a question, during a regression, you make contact with your guides and you view your past life or several lives. This viewing allows for greater understanding of your life today. Lessons can be repeated through several life times until we actually internalize the lessons. We are in contact with our higher selves during a regression. Members of soul groups sometimes play the role of antagonist in our lives in an effort to accelerate learning. This has been my experience and/or teaching.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
In a dream nothing is solid, however; if you are having an out of body experience you see color, you can eat taste smell have physical relations and in some cases feel pain (fell off a 20 ft wall woke up and was sore the next day bruises and all). Where was I; in 4D, testing myself? Does one progress from dreams to actual gross matter experiences as learning curves in a higher dimension?

But that still doesn't mean your dream was a real physical event.

The pain was more likely psychosomatic.

www.chacha.com...

Probably most people who think they have OBE's etc., have some kind of mental health condition. And I don't mean that to be an insult.

Looks to me like you are taking just as big a leap as you are alleging vethumanbeing of taking.
You can only presume that your take on what happened is more "educated" or "sound" than theirs.
And, to your prognosis of "a mental health condition"...I would say - "So?"
Do you know anyone without "a mental health condition"?
That's a real question...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First, the word 'death' shouldn't even exist. It implies 'nothingness' to be a state of existence which is utterly ridiculous. It gives a reality to 'norhing'. As far as we KNOW, there is indeed nothing.

What once was a simple semantic problem has become a metaphysical one.
We started by saying he/she/it is 'dead' to express the fact that he/she/it isn't alive anymore. We created a concept out of convenience but from there it went from bad to worse: it was the begining of the nonsense.
We started to create a state of 'being dead' (death) and gave it life.

One should be better off asking himself "why do I wish there's something beyond physical existence?"
If answered honestly, this question should teach you that it is indeed all wishful thinking, fear of ceasing to exist, delusion and narcissism.

As for those who use Murphy's law to try and push the idea that a soul exists, I just have one symbol for them:

Your mind/consciousness has no energy of its own per se. It is simply an abstract concept to describe mental existence (brain activity). It has no physical reality. And Murphy's law applies to MATTER expressed in terms of energy (which is also an abstract concept).

Anyway, I'm not saying that the soul does(n't) exist. I have no way of KNOWING that... But neither do you!
I'm asking: Why else than because it appears to comfort you as it satisfies you desires (and alleviate your fears) do you NEED TO BELIEVE (without proof, not even logical -as opposed to empirical- ones in 'something else'?

Hint: the answer is in the question.
edit on 16-1-2013 by 1Agnostic1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've had the utterly fascinating experience of having my father 'bonk' into my head at the exact same moment he was breathing his last breath about 20 miles away. For the next several months, I had two personalities inside my head; his and my own.

It's not proof to anyone else, but after deciding I wasn't crazy or hallucinating, I decided he'd given me one helluva going away present...

So yes, we survive physical death; in fact I think this life is the illusory one, and the other only spiritual one, is the one based in reality. The solidness of matter is an illusion, it is anything but.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I'm sorry to hear about your father.

You know, your story reminds me of a part in the book 'The Lovely Bones' I read years ago. A character dies, and as their "soul"/whatever leaves their body, it reaches out to two friends of the person that just died. Both characters felt strange and almost like their friend was right there/in their mind. When a family member of mine breathed his last, I remember being on edge almost because I was anticipating to feel something like what was described in the book. Half of me was ashamed because I was in my first year of medical school and I've always been very scientifically minded, but the other half of me was super curious. Nothing happened, as far as I can tell but I've heard of this phenomenon happening to many, many people during my rotations in the hospital.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
There is no such thing as nothingness , because nothing is still something . Your soul / energy/ consciousness got to go somewhere, because the universe doesn't waste nothing.

Not sure I follow your logic? Of course there is nothingness. It's the absence of a specific property. You assume that the "soul" is supernatural, a property not bound by the laws of molecular physics. What about if the brain alone is responsible for that phenomenon?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Theory 1 is out of the option. Energy cannot be destroyed, only transformed(recycled). Even if one imagines itself in total nothingness, there is ALWAYS an awareness in the background being aware of this nothingness, so no.

I always laugh when people mix up the law of thermodynamics with New Age mumbo jumbo. The preservation of ENERGY has nothing to do with consciousness.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Yes I agree that everyone is confusing the technical term energy with the common usage, ie. electricity, heat, fuel etc.

Do go on...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join