It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories About Death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
being dead or alive are still one and the same thing
they are simply two halves of the same illusion

for how can "I" the self illusion die... when in fact I have not even been born

there is only one "I" in this multi-verse of all beautiful illusion

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by LesMisanthrope

There is only so much I can do to wake you up .

You want another science lesson ?

Why don't you expand you consciousness but exploring what I'm telling you ?

Every Thing Is Energy .

Get it now or get it later I don't care .

The name you picked sure does describe you

yeah I know it's a play

It is also what you gravitate towards .

Think !

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My theory is a combination of the first two theories, viz. nothingness and reincarnation.

I don't recall living before this life, therefore I must assume I didn't exist.

Following from this, I must assume I will go back to nothingness when I die.

But wait....I came from nothing into existence.

It happened once.....why not more than once?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darktouch
reply to post by adjensen

The effect is you being an unhappy, jerk who does not know about Humility, which is one of the foundations of happiness, and also everyone has a conscience, you'll have to deal with it at the end of the day.

See, that's not karma. There's no guarantee that I'm unhappy in being a creep towards the poor, and the poor have nothing to say about it. And maybe I'm a sociopath with no conscience.

I don't think that your definition of karma is a proper one, more hopeful than realistic.

But to each their own.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

My dad passed away in early 2011 and this was the second time somebody close to me died. When death comes so close it did make me think and ask questions about what could be going on after I am gone.

The first time death came close was when my cat died of old age. I realy loved that cat and almost feel ashamed to tell that i was more grief struck than when my dad died.

Late at night, a day or two after my cat died I was about to fall in sleep when I heared this familiar mauw coming from the bedroom door. IAlthough it was dark I still could make out stuff in my room because my eyes were accustomed to the dark. When I looked into the direction of the sound I saw my cat just standing there. What I saw was a translucent version of my cat. This experiance is strange altogether was it only because of the fact that this translucent image could make a sound.

Anyways, a few weeks after my dad died I had a most peculiar dream. He drank a lot of his friend Johnny Walker in the last three years of his life and I think I did see him in my dream at some kind of rehab. There was this large room crowded with men dressed in white gowns, as if they were there to better their lives before allowed to be admitted to the next level in the "program".

These two completely different personal experiances made my belief in "to be" after death more stronger. Of course I can not be sure and when I think of it, it is strange altogether that nobody in the history of mankind can proof for sure and tell us what there is after you die.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Reincarnation is real i rember parts of my past life. And i rember the humm how to say. I rember chosing to reincarnate and why. I also rember the prosses of coming back here chosing a bode ect its quite cool realy. One thing i can tell you as well our spirit does not enter the babies body till it is born. Ie takes its first breath. Another thing i rember. At a point lets just say because time is realy illusory to the spirit. At around 1 year you can chose to reject this incarnation if its not fitting for your true needs. All this i rember. And through practices you can find these things out for yourself.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As a Past Life and Between Life Regression therapist, I have seen many people remember past lives. This is possible even with people who do not believe in reincarnation. People are able to give very detailed information.
It is your soul that learns through each incarnation---not your personality in this life time. That is why there is no need to remember past lessons. I have also done Between Life Regressions with many people who had no prior knowledge of what to expect during a session and they inevitably work their way through the spirit realm and have the same experiences. None of this is led by me. One of the first things that I mention to a new client is that past lives are not necessarily easy. We were not all rich and famous as has been mentioned in a previous post. In contrast, I have not had anyone who was rich and famous. Most of the people that I have worked with have had hard lives and hard lessons. Karma is not retribution for past behavior, but rather an opportunity to understand that behavior.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
When something happens, a fact (comprised of information units clustered via contextual association) emerges to reflect that it did - in fact - happen. This factual unit cluster of information is yet another addition to what is called the Informational Continuum, and this gathering mass of information clusters ultimately defines what we call "reality", establishing immutable aspects concerning reality, such as "natural law" and universal forces. This is accomplished by contextual precedence and the historical ramification that naturally builds into "the way things are" over time...

Would like to have reposted the entire "work".
Outstanding!
In most regards, this is as close as I've seen to "what sounds right". (imo)
Thanks for the cud...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
...Honestly, if all I had to do was think and communicate with other minds - that would be okay.

Yeah - that might be your Heaven...
Your Hell would more likely be - in a row-boat, lost at sea, with 5 religious fanatics.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Originally posted by jiggerj
...Honestly, if all I had to do was think and communicate with other minds - that would be okay.

Yeah - that might be your Heaven...
Your Hell would more likely be - in a row-boat, lost at sea, with 5 religious fanatics.

Thanks for a good laugh

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Only one who allows himself to be seduced by his own credulity can believe them.

Well now that we understand each other

I have enough belief in the probability of 1. that I wish to prolong my bodily life as long as I possibly can. Even insofar as transferring my mind to an ugly robot body.

I ponder the possibility of the dream world being where we go after death. Where we were prior to birth. The dream world being a collective merging of conscious memories. Of course this is predicated on the idea the dream world is emergent of a non-local property.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There must be reincarnation or else people wouldn't have clear recollections of their past lives.

I'm going for #5 but 5 is just advanced #1. Not many will be conscious on the other side.

It seems like you go on with what ever energy body you form, so it like you are a habit driven non-persona. Your awareness is no longer bound, but that depends on how much you want to see. If there is a purpose to being born here, we are born to become more conscious.

Every theory is corrupted by the idea that the 'self' is a kind of tangible identity, because it is not. All things exist in total, so be grateful that you will be represented by the entirety of the universe, your environment after you are gone. The fact you distort reality won't make it so bad. You will just have a haze to clear up next time.

Karma is about past lives right back to when you were an atom or something like that. There is no end to the things you've become interested in and left behind. Your concentration alone changes the universe. We are gods, but only in the sense there is no separate dimension within god and we are part of god.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Number 1 is ludicrous, and there are too many experiences including NDE's, but even more, most people who start to mediate, or pay attention have experienced their loved ones presence, and daily miracles.

Reincarnation happens, but unlike some who try to say ETs just recycle you in one life after another, I don't think it really goes like that, as we are free and freedom is the first principle, and I don't think that reincarnating over and over again is beneficial unless, you're in a planet far higher than this, there is no danger of falling, and you are safe and remember who you are. I will never agree to ever learn anything in hardship or pain or suffering or any hellzone tactic again. I don't agree with or approve of this world, it is something that exists because of some people's belief and taking the long way home, and for some reason its been permitted so far to allow this but to me that is betrayal because this is like little children, and even in a free world, no sane parent allows a 2 year to dart across the road and kill themselves if they can help it. In other words without limits and restraints, its not free will its betrayal and abandonment.

Love does not ever do that.

And Love is the only thing on high levels that exists. ALL HIGHER UPS ARE LOVE.

That was my rant.

As to what occurs, many things. Its not always the same. Some people seem to reincarnte too fast, some may not ever like coming in. Love helps though, its busy.

I'm planning on doing everything in my power to ensure no one ever goes through anything like this ever again, that healing is done in safety and that whatever goons run this neck of woods get the massive counseling they require.

Until the insanity is over, until people are safe and secure, and in truth, there is free will and any tests are invalid.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Stevenson is dismissed by most because his methods weren't scientific, though they were espoused to be. He always came in after the fact (after a person started claiming that they had lived past lives,) so there is no way to determine if that person really "remembered" anything, or if there was parental influence or cultural contamination. Every carefully reviewed case that I looked at didn't hold up under scrutiny, at least as far as being able to attest to a non-contaminated report.

Granted; fair comments. Chances are we've read similar pros and cons. However I'm not prepared to dismiss it all for those reasons you cite. I hold great doubts about reincarnation (roughly described) and I also hold the element of doubt that it can be dismissed entirely. NDE research can be intriguing.

Have you ever heard that popular myth that if you die in a dream, you really die? It's self-refuting if folk spend 5 seconds thinking isn't it? You know? Dead men don't tell tales!

The bulk of the textual foundations for reincarnation are found in old literature like the Bardo Thodol. Much like our dream myth, we are given realm after realm of post-death locations, waiting times and routes to progression. Such ideas are seminal to modern Western beliefs in reincarnation and yet aren't they just the purported words of dead men?

Like I said earlier, reincarnation is intellectually unappealing and I'm not sure many people have thought it through. You've obviously followed a similar line of thought as I have and recognise the layers of admin-staff required for it for it to be real. I guess my position is that I'm rather sceptical about it and have suspended judgement pending post-mortem research.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
There is no such thing as nothingness , because nothing is still something . Your soul / energy/ consciousness got to go somewhere, because the universe doesn't waste nothing.

Your energy goes nowhere, it turns to heat causing decomposition mostly. Energy can not do anything by itself because it is not an entity, it is simply a measurement of work. Energy can not be lost because objects have potential energy, it has the potential to do work if a force is acted on it. Without a force to act on an object, cells in our body fed by food and oxygen, then no work can be performed by the object.

Sorry but that is not a valid argument for an afterlife.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It's not such a bad argument.

You mention nothing about the energy that keeps this body alive. It isn't food or oxygen but the a conscious participant. There is a "life force" and this is a neglected area of science.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
There is a "life force" and this is a neglected area of science.

But we have a "life force" because we're alive, why does it have to be anything else?

There is no evidence, and no reason, for us to be anything other than flesh blood and bone. Life is simply a product of time. If something is possible, and life is obviously possible, then given enough time it will eventually happen. In a finite universe life was an inevitability, and intelligent life an extension of that inevitability.

IMO intelligent life proves the universe is finite, because the odds of it happening are extremely thin. A finite universe means no one had to create it, it just existed, time did the rest. I mean nothing can exist, even a God, with nothing to exist in, right? So I believe we could be the only planet with life on it right now, not to say other planets have not had life at some point in time. There is only so much time a planet can hold life, and the chance of other planets close to us to be in that position in space is more unlikely than life itself I think. But then again it could just be the meds talking lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BreathOfFreshAir
reply to post by k1k1to

Do you happen to know anyone who has ever had an NDE?
There are several on here that I know of.
What were their experiences?
I, for one, would tend to believe those who have had these Near Death Experiences
over mainstream science.
With that being said....I subscribe to none of your theories...

I believe that when a person dies, that their spirit and soul immediately are reunited with their creator.
Their physical bodies are left here to reunite with the earth in which they were made. When Christ was on the cross and the thief was hanging next to him, He said that on that day, the man would be in paradise with him. And many peoples witnessed seeing ghosts of their loved ones walk around town. (that's a whole other story though).

Our physical bodies are what is "resurrected". I do not believe in reincarnation or nothingness. I believe that all humans are given repeated chances to live "right" with the rising of the sun each day...that would be tens of thousands of chances for the majority.

I also subscribe to this scenario. I really couldn't add anything to what *BreathOfFreshAir* written, I basically believe as this author does.

I might say, that the first and second book of Adam and Eve from the Apocrypha have given me insight to the power of Sin.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHANQ
As a Past Life and Between Life Regression therapist, I have seen many people remember past lives. This is possible even with people who do not believe in reincarnation. People are able to give very detailed information.
It is your soul that learns through each incarnation---not your personality in this life time. That is why there is no need to remember past lessons. I have also done Between Life Regressions with many people who had no prior knowledge of what to expect during a session and they inevitably work their way through the spirit realm and have the same experiences. None of this is led by me. One of the first things that I mention to a new client is that past lives are not necessarily easy. We were not all rich and famous as has been mentioned in a previous post. In contrast, I have not had anyone who was rich and famous. Most of the people that I have worked with have had hard lives and hard lessons. Karma is not retribution for past behavior, but rather an opportunity to understand that behavior.

There is another plausible explanation for people "remembering past lives", and it has to do with what most mediums describe as a person's "spirit team". These passed-over people can have undue influence if they are the sort of folks who become aggressively involved in what they do (and we all know someone who's like this). They can affect a living brain by affecting the information that gets processed into the memory of that living brain. And many times, that undue influence is inflicted as a result of ignorance on the part of the "spirit team" member, but once it has happened, there's no undoing what's been done, and that influence persists as a full part of that brain's memory - whether accessed or not.

A person memory exists like (for lack of a better term) a data cloud. They're using this term in associating with project data management in business circles these days to describe all the information within a company's data vault that is isolated to one specific project or application, and it actually describes what your brain uses to allow you to not have to relearn everything all over again, while protecting you from other people's memory cloud data or raw residual data that is simply part of the general information collective that exists naturally as a result of stuff that happens and has happened.

If a memory of an influencing "spirit team" member is introduced into the data stream (from the living person's eyes, ears, nose, mouth, touch or rumination channels, for lack of a better, more scientific description of course) then it can survive the cognitive dissonance filter (especially if slipped in as a recalled memory, and not a novel experience (a technicality, yes, but this is important to consider) then the brain will not be able to distinguish this introduced memory from a memory that exists due to an actual experience that the brain authentically experienced. We see this sort of false memory introduction happen during some forms of therapy, so the potential for such introduction isn't unknown by brain researchers. It's pretty commonplace.

Usually, this will happen (involving a "spirit team" member) as an unintended consequence of an attempt to help the living ward (of the team) deal with a difficult situation by way of sharing some knowledge or experience via direct information introduction. The problem is that nothing that exists as information is free of internal (historical) context, and that context can't really be separated out from the desired experience-based information that's been directly shared with the brain of the living individual. The most obvious internal context is personal history - memories - that contributed to the acquisition of whatever knowledge or experience has been shared, and this personal history (slipping into the living person's memory cloud along with the knowledge itself) can become indistinct from the actual personal history of the living individual. And this is how past life memories become active memories of living people.

They never lived before, but their memory clouds have been "infected" by the internal (historical) context that is simply part of the dense contextual make up of knowledge that was shared with them, at some point in their life, by a well-meaning, but ignorant "spirit team" member who was just trying to help out.

And this is what Reincarnation is based on. False memories. Once you realize exactly how all this works, you can't imagine the mysteries that quickly resolve with little or no effort. It's really amazing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We could start by looking at animal deaths as the first approximation. What happens to an animal when it is dying? Probably an animal soul is not yet prepared to do conscious choises about where to go next. Most likely an animal is best prepared to start another life of the same kind, and then we see kittens following the same behavior as an adult cat, just as if it 'knows' everything from the start. Maybe that's due to its own memories, partly suppressed and cleared from all the particulars, leaving only those which can be helpful in the next incarnation. What about human souls then? Probably not every human soul is ready to decide where to go after death as well. I am not sure if anyone of us have the ultimate choice at all. Most people who were clinically dead and remember something, tell us about being negotiated into returning back and fulfiling their 'mission' here. Whatever is behind the veil, looks like we are not supposed to know it. But that does not mean we cannot and should not try to find out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join