It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Hits it Out of the Park Live On Huff Post...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Watch the end of this interview and then tell me he hit one out of the park. He sounds fairly reasonable in what you posted here, but then he goes insane before it's over.

I lost all respect for this guy after seeing this and the Piers Morgan interview. He sounds like a raving lunatic and so do we, by association. He's not getting the word out, he's giving reason for ridicule.

See for yourself:

edit on 1/14/2013 by AntiNWO because: Added youtube video

edit on 1/14/2013 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I understand your allegations but this post you linked me to is a mere set of anecdotes without cited evidence.

Then at the end you said," this is just my opinion."

I asked specifically for facts, not opinions.

The Exxon spill claims are an excellent starting point, but you gotta share your research.
You cannot tell us to require proof from Jones while not bothering to offer proof yourself.

Well I guess you can because it just happened.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Most people who attack Alex Jones for being a “nutcase” actually to so due to feeling guilty themselves, for NOT saying things openly in spite of being ridiculed, just like he does. He just says all truth no matter how crazy it may sound or how “nuts” he may sound. People are unable to just go and say all that openly. He does. An average person thinks: “Oh, this man is brave, I should have been as brave as him, but I’m a chicken and I’m scared, so if I can’t be as brave as he is, at least I will ridicule him to let him look less brave!” All of you who bash AJ – are you afraid to go publicly and say all the truth? What will people say? What will media say? Oh, what about reputation?... Cowards.

Another thing is this. Most people (the public) are in an emotion of APATHY towards freedom or tyranny, or governments in general. They don’t even understand the fact that they don’t understand. This is similar to hypnosis kind of condition. The only way to brake someone out of this horrible condition is via ANGER. Not anger as an action, but anger as an EMOTION. Once a person brakes out of Apathy via Anger, he will realize that there is danger around (like government gone insane and Martial Law around the corner, etc). Then he will do ACTIONS to get things handled if he wants to survive. Example: there’s fire in the house but the resident is in condition of APATHY like “I don’t care, my life is pointless” etc. How do you get such a man out of this condition? You yell at him as loud as you can and maybe slap his face or punch him and say if he doesn’t do anything, he will DIE! This must go through anger.

Same thing is with Alex. He brings sleepy zombie-like, steeple-like general population to a point of ANGER for the sake of getting out of the freaking trance they are in, so that they realize that there’s a problem and if they don’t do anything – they’ll suffer big time. And if he looks crazy in process of waking people up from Apathy – it doesn’t really matter. What matters is that now they are not in trance/apathy anymore. Job done. The rest will be easier.

You can’t get someone out of this kind of trance, or apathy without getting him to ANGER first. Try to talk nice, or with enthusiasm, or with jokes to someone who is in apathy trance and see what happens. The person will not even notice you!!! Only anger will get him out of the trance.

Well done, Alex Jones, tell them all the truth, and wake them up of the freaking sleeping state! The rest is easy.

edit on 14-1-2013 by MrHonest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay
I honestly worry about AJ and his family now

It would be too obvious
- Now...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I agree with MrHonest on this. I look at America from a foreigner's perspective, and I think America has big problems. There is not one single person who speaks from the American milieu who I endorse unreservedly. The persons that I feel most comfortable with among American commentators on political issues are Webster Tarpley and Gore Vidal and David Ray Griffen.

They are all people who have an awareness of the rest of the world and an awareness that America is not the standard by which life on this planet is lived.

I'm not saying that I agree with everything said by these people. It's just that they are prominent commentators who are rational, truthful as far as their observations and reason guide them and are not disconnected from verifiable political and social reality, unlike many other commentators.

They are not cognitively dissonant. I've said it before in these forums, but cognitive dissonance is the most important characteristic of Americans and indeed people world-wide, today.

People are in desperate need of a major re-alignment in intellectual terms. The old "truths" of our society are no longer true. The general population needs to be guided to a new "resting place", one that is more in line with political and social reality and most importantly, one that they can occupy confidently in the same way that they adhered to the old "eternal verities".

People are happiest when at rest. No matter how they are disturbed, their natural inclination is to achieve a state of "rest" again. I don't mean lassitude or stagnancy. I mean stability that can be counted on.

In Hegelian terms, we need a new synthesis.

Alex Jones is not going to provide it, but he is going to help us on the way to it by jarring us out of the rut we are in. Alex has numerous flaws as a personality, but he is right about one thing. Unless America takes steps to overcome its cognitive dissonance, it will degenerate into a neo-feudalistic corporatist/fascist state.

The handwriting is on the wall.
edit on 15-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gltichy

I think you miss the point. He doesn't care what the public thinks. I am tire of people being politically correct and trying to win everyone over. I like someone that has a little passion in their debates. We need to get fired up. We can no longer sit idily by and watch are freedoms be taken away.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Im not even going to try to read through the comments. That was a awsome interview. And I to love the mad as hell stuff at the end of the interview. Cracked me up how the news babe looked at Alex like hes a nut job because Alex questions what the goverment does, and swears by his constitution.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think people need to ask themselves, of any politician or commentator, "Is this person helping me to get a clear picture of what is going on, or are they stringing me along for reasons which have nothing to do with the greatest good for the greatest number?".

Are they promoting congnitive dissonance or are they dispelling it?

If people start to consciously apply that judgement to the information they are being given, there is a chance that the American political landscape will become less surreal, more attuned to the search for solutions to the real problems we face in our time.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The sad thing about alex jones is that he actually is a very intelligent man with some very good points to be made about our freedoms and how they are being affected by our government, but...
The amount of verbal diarrhea he spews when he does not have an important issue to talk about really discredits him. So today he makes good points on gun control and glen back but tomorrow when the gun craze is over he will be right back talking about how the TV is a mind control device and that your local sanitation workers are NWO FEMA NEO-Con Freemason Illuminati agents.
He really is his own worse enemy
edit on 15-1-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHonest

They may be awakened, then again, if you are yelling and screaming in thier face it is just as probable that they will dial 911

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I have zero disdain for alex jones... Although I dont agree with his tactics on Piers Morgan... that was a terrible interview... I do agreee with his approach. Because to be a citizen we should be paranoid that the guv-ment gonna come take our rights and liberties... because in the scope of human history thats all any government that achieves enough power does... I mean anybody other than me in the past 6 or so months realize the media has taken a HUGE interest in reporting some random crazy shooting up some . The CT stuff was a tragedy dont get me wrong, however no moreso than a 9/11. And wow what do they want to do with that when Obama has personally killed 168 children worldwide through drone attacks and the mantra 'lets kill 200 people to get 1'? we get now we need to take away guns from lawful citizens. In the same way they took away our rights to not be warrentlessly wiretapped, black-bagged in the middle of the night without due process.... or have any rights at all whatsoever. And isnt it also interesting that we need to protect ourselves as a nation against a government against ALL enemies foreign and domestic around a time where something like this narrative happens. As far as I am concerned call those 20 kids patriots who died for our right to carry guns... in the same way they somehow unquestionably call some turd air force pilot, controlling a drone from an air cooled room in las vegas a 'hero', who shoots hellfire missiles from a drone... how about we call those kids patriots instead? And those teachers scrubs for not exercising their second amendment like it was relevant.

As a counter theory you want to take guns away? Fine... lets start with the government and the military and remove their automatic weapons... lets take those 20 armed guards away from the school that Obamas kids go to... lets see how that works... nah I am sure for national security reasons they will need to keep their guns while you have to submit yours....

Sounds legit...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Alex Jones is right with pointing out some things but a lot of his opinions are just fantasies that he uses to rile up the public, create fear and anger which I do not agree with.

We don't need more straw man arguments but I like how he points out health hazards etc. that have been over looked that Americans can fix with no harm done.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I am sick of Alex Jones all he does is spread endless fear..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrHonest

You can’t get someone out of this kind of trance, or apathy without getting him to ANGER first. Try to talk nice, or with enthusiasm, or with jokes to someone who is in apathy trance and see what happens. The person will not even notice you!!! Only anger will get him out of the trance.

Well done, Alex Jones, tell them all the truth, and wake them up of the freaking sleeping state! The rest is easy.

Yes of course. I mean people that are softly spoken never rally anyone do they?

Not like Mandela ever galvanized a nation into protest for his release and then managed to convince a nation to vote him in as leader with his softly spoken voice. Not like Churchill's calm speeches like "Fight them on the beaches" ever rallied Europe as a whole. It's only those that get angry that can shake people out of a slumber and follow a single ideology......like Hitler for example.

Simple fact of the matter is that even when he's talking to his own listeners (who are for the most part listening because they believe what he has to say) he STILL feels the need to rant pretty much daily. When he goes on networks like CNN or does these Huff Post like interviews he'd convince a lot more people if he stayed calm or at the very least stayed on point and didn't spend the last few minutes of every appearance ramming as many conspiracy theories into as few a minutes as possible.

If you believe AJ or not is entirely up to the individual but if you can buy into AJ's message then you can buy into a certain famous quote from The Rig Veda “People who are soft spoken and truthful are loved by all.”

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

As I stated in that linked post I did my research regarding that subject a couple of years back, it doesn't concern me that you don't take what I say as evidence, regardless, I did as Jones advises and researched his claims and I know 100% that the man mixes fiction with fact regularly. I'm not here to prove anything to you or anybody else, if you want to know the truth of the matter it's up to you to do your own research.

But to that particular case in question, have you watched that episode of Ventura's? If you have, do you believe Jones claims that "all the cleanup workers are now dead"? Out of over 11,000 people? This is a perfect example, for me, of why I will never take Alex Jones as anything other than a loud mouthed attention seeking egotist, who's never ending tirade of BS "predictions" purposely generate fear in his listeners and cash in his bank account.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrHonest

Generalizations like this are IMO what is wrong with this whole subject. But these opinions abound.

Making people "ANGRY" is exactly what manipulative people do to make those people do their biding. Making people afraid and angry is a tool that dictators, fascist politicians and psychopathic people use to get their way. It's all about manipulation, when you watch AJ and you feel angry you are being manipulated(look at the whole Kony2012 thing for a lesson in how to emotionally manipulate people en masse) couple that with the fact that his information is not wholly factual and there should be alarm bells going off in your mind.

The fact of the matter is that people need to take responsibility for their own lives, that means you and me, and make positive changes, lead by example, educate those who would listen, show them how to educate themselves, live a life free of negative emotions(hard one that) and accept that some will not want to know or care. Grabbing people and screaming at them does nothing.

edit on 15-1-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gltichy
You know, I understand why he goes on rants like he does...but it really just makes him look like a nut job. I know how his radio personality is...and apparently that just may be his actual personality.

People won't start taking him seriously unless he has a logical debate with the MSM without ranting on about everything. I get a lot of stuff is linked...but man, just bring up the talking points, say your piece, then let them counter. I assure you, if your facts are straight, you will do nothing but make them look like the nuts and make you look far better in comparison. That's how you win over the public...not by raving like a lunatic about every conspiracy ever talked about...

He has a lot of good points...and he also really pushes the bounds of logic and deduction...So where I can back him on some, I can counter on others...at least someone that makes some sort of sense is getting airtime now.

From what I have seen there is no "logical" debate with the MSM. All of these "news-tainment" shows are scripted to the tee. They use scientific theory on arguing and conflict. They use leading questions to steer the debate. It doesn't matter if it is Piers Morgan or Bill Orilliey to Rush Limbaugh the shows are stacked to get a certain slant.

AJones does link to documents supporting his arguments and often it is in laws already passed by the government.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

easy to find out for yourself.

call the AJ show.

ask about exposing the current Bohemian Grove members.

ask about Masonic Vows & the conflict that Government Office Oaths create.

ask about AIPAC lobbyists dictating American policy.

ask about William Cooper & how he predicted 911.

ask about Project Mockingbird.

you will most likely only get one question out.

and he will rage on you & change the subject.

shill proven.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join