It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please give me reasons why guns are bad.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by manmental
but why do you need assault rifles???

Protection from a government that goes all tyrannical. It seems to happen every couple hundred years.

Funny - never seems to have happened before. You must have different history books over there.

Could you please explain the "never seems to have happened before" a bit more for me please?

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
What do you mean by *instant* death...that's a bit far fetched...don't you think....

Des

Seriously? You might want to talk to the parents of some of those children in Connecticut ............. I think they might clear up any doubts you have about "instant death".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"Why do you need an assault rifle?"
Because I am a human being born onto a planet where other creatures can't rule over me and tell me what to do. If I want to buy a gun or a biscuit, it's nobody's business but mine. That's why.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Protection from a government that goes all tyrannical. It seems to happen every couple hundred years.

Do you really think the government lacks the technology to destroy you, assault rifle or not?

Ridiculous.

The biggest argument against guns is that they kill, and that killing is their only real function. They are tools of death and therefore regular citizens should have no use for them in the vast majority of cases.

That's true. I want the government to put me in prison where I'm safe. I'm like you. I love that the government is so powerful and I want to make it more so. Hopefully they'll decide to eradicate many of us and we can bask in the warm death they deliver. Long live government force!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They arent. Guns, alcohol, knifes, automobiles, drugs, bombs...dont kill people. People kill people. Cars drivin by people, knives used by people, alcohol and drugs taken by people, bombs built and detonated by people.

Inaminate objects dont kill people: people using and programming and building and driving them...kill people.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Lets not forget a tyrannical government does not have to mean the american government..

It could be ANY government, there are many who would love to take over the US.

Guns are needed so the people can defend themselves from any threat foreign or domestic..

It might be an invasion that comes at a time of crisis, the people would need to defend the homeland
before the military can intervene...

Give them an inch taking way tactical rifles then they go after the handguns, shotguns, and other long rifles..
edit on 13-1-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It could be ANY government, there are many who would love to take over the US

There is NO government in the world that will try to take over America, it would be impossible.

This is just another ridiculous self-deluding argument by gun lunatics who have been brainwashed by right wing psycho.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

So.. why are guns bad. Let me start you off...
1) Instant death if used in anger
2) Instant death (if misused)
3) Instant death (unlike a punch up)
4) Instant death (unlike a knife)

Let me attempt to address these statements one-by-one.

1) When angry, a person may be so angry that their judgement is impaired. This impairment (although temporary) clouds their thought process and reduces their focus. Perhaps they grab a gun (in anger) to kill someone. That gun happens to be unloaded....and click...click... Hmm....its a gun, but it did not equate to "instant death". So, they grab a club (baseball bat, flag pole off the side of the house, axe handle, etc...) and beat the life out of someone.

2) See #1. since killing someone with an object (any object) outside of a declared war scenario is misusing that object ....wouldn't you agree.

3) You get in a fight, a bar fight, a street fight, gang fight. etc... (The type of fight and location matters to the choice of weapon used). In a close-in fight, it is MUCH easier to pull a knife. It's small, concealable, simple to use, no moving parts, nothing to chance it not working So in close quarters, you stick the person under the rib-cage, making a gesture similar to a "7" that slices though the lungs (preventing them screaming), all the major organs, and aorta......instant and silent death. A gun makes a noise....doesn't it? And even in close quarters, does not guarantee instant death...(I know, I've been stabbed a few times in my day, and I'm still here to write aren't I).

4) See #1 - #3....same argument.

You see, the skill of the person wielding the weapon is the deadliest part of any scenario. The object is not "bad" nor "good". The intentions of the person using that object is "bad" or "good".

So, I suggest you crawl back under your momma's skirt, and hide from the "boogie man". Let the adults have a serious and productive conversation about the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The object is not "bad" nor "good". The intentions of the person using that object is "bad" or "good".

If that's true then let's just declare gun fanatics as bad and lock them up.

Obviously any object can be misused, but guns are far too dangerous to have easy access to. Why don't we let people buy grenades and nuclear material while you're at it?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

The object is not "bad" nor "good". The intentions of the person using that object is "bad" or "good".

If that's true then let's just declare gun fanatics as bad and lock them up.

Obviously any object can be misused, but guns are far too dangerous to have easy access to. Why don't we let people buy grenades and nuclear material while you're at it?

Straw man argument Sir. And, off-topic. I expected more from you.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

That didn't take long for that to come up

"OH MY GOD! lots of innocent kids just got shot!"

"Yeah but we better keep the guns in-case the government goes tyrannical on 300 million people..."

"But what about all these shootings going on?"

"Didnt you hear what I said? TYRANNICAL!"

"Really in this day and age?"

"Yes! Its unlikely though but wouldn't you rather see kids killed just in-case?"

"Yeah I suppose... my bad"

9/11 two planes caused 3 scrapers to disintigrate and a 16ft hole in the pentagon before the wall collapsed.. yea thats how it happened honest it wasn't the freedom loving government at all

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Funny - never seems to have happened before. You must have different history books over there.

Could you please explain the "never seems to have happened before" a bit more for me please?

Pladuim

Remind us all of the last time a tyrant oppressed a populace that had access to the communication abilities of the modern world.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Saddam Hussein comes to mind...

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

How much skill and experience do you need to be able to use a blade effectively without the element of surprise? I'll tell you... a lot more than you'd need to use a machine pistol. Give me any weapon slightly longer than the blade being brandished and I'd take a knife off anyone bar an Ecuadorean death squad member or any other person who has made a living out of using a knife to kill people. Give that same person a Glock or an Uzi and even if I had a matching firearm I wouldn't stand a chance unless I'd been lucky enough to predict what they were about to do.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

some facts you must know as not to be read as a daft person, not one person has told you this so i will

one the is no automatic weapons, for sale or use by a US citizen that does not have the proper paper work to buy or own them,

second the Police do have them M4a1 m14 and m16, SWAT HRT and anti terrorist units and some police forces rather it be city, county, and or state are issued mp5 and the hk 98 rifle

third there is no M4a6, It is a M4a1, it is the rifle used by mil and police and the Fed, that being FBI, DHS.
The only rifle that is sold to a citizen that is a SEMI AUTO referred to as an assault weapon is an AR15, that has many styles or calibers most common is 223 some are sold in 30cal, 308 that is 7.62 x51 22.250

and before others come along and say there is no such a thing as an assault weapon well here you go tacticalarmsmfr.com... from their web site

We strive to manufacture the most precision and accurate AR15 assault rifles on the planet.
tell them their is no such a thing for they make sell them and have many options. not affiliated with nor have done biz with web site

edit on 13-1-2013 by bekod because: line editing

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by Krakatoa

How much skill and experience do you need to be able to use a blade effectively without the element of surprise? I'll tell you... a lot more than you'd need to use a machine pistol. Give me any weapon slightly longer than the blade being brandished and I'd take a knife off anyone bar an Ecuadorean death squad member or any other person who has made a living out of using a knife to kill people. Give that same person a Glock or an Uzi and even if I had a matching firearm I wouldn't stand a chance unless I'd been lucky enough to predict what they were about to do.

As have been repeatedly stated, ever weapon used in recent "mass shootings" here in the U.S.A.has been a semi-auto. An UZI is a full-auto, therefore, another straw man argument as nobody can easily purchase one legally in the U.S.A. A Glock, pistol, semi-auto, yes, I'd agree it is effective at killing someone beyond the reach of a hand weapon. But, does that make the gun "bad"? You put a loaded Glock semi-auto pistol on the table....is it going to spontaneously kill anyone? Or does it take a person with bad intentions, using it inappropriately, to be bad?

Again, the object is not bad, the intentions behind the person wielding it needs to be "bad".

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join