Please give me reasons why guns are bad.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am a Brit and I am baffled by the very vocal negative comments from predominantly USA users of ATS about Piers Morgan's views about having a ban on assault weapons and the like.
I don't want to go into details but I did like Pier's argument against Ben Shapiro in that Piers wants all you USA people to have hand guns... but he (and me and the rest of the world) do not understand why all USA citizens should own assault rifles (again i use a vague definition).

SO...

rather than hearing the same old poo from ATS gun advocates and I want this thread to be solely about the negatives of gun ownership.
Not why they are needed against a tyranny by a government ( i have to stifle laughing thing that anyone in America actually thinks this)

So.. why are guns bad.

Let me start you off...

1) Instant death if used in anger
2) Instant death (if misused)
3) Instant death (unlike a punch up)
4) Instant death (unlike a knife)

Knives and fists are very bad but they have a very limited range... and their damage is far less than bullet wounds.

Assault rifles have been used in the last 4 USA shootings and therefore surely a sane person would look at limiting them.
You can keep your hand guns but why do you need assault rifles???

I have asked this in other posts and I really wonder do American's really believe their Government might rise up or a civil war etc etc.... (madness IMHO)
edit on 12-1-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
but why do you need assault rifles???

Protection from a government that goes all tyrannical. It seems to happen every couple hundred years.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I want this thread to be solely about why owning guns and guns are bad.
Not why they are needed against a tyranny by a government

You insane Americans can keep your hand guns but why do you need assault rifles???

Please clarify what people are supposed to talk about in this thread. At present, it seems like nobody can reply.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Guns are inanimate objects. What is bad are the people who use them for evil purposes..........

So tell me what is bad about a person protecting themselves or their family against someone who wishes to harm them!!!!

Is the word protection a bad thing?
edit on 12-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Yep its much more difficult to sneak you m4a6 carbarine out on the streets without the police seeing you than a glock.

link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Protection from a government that goes all tyrannical. It seems to happen every couple hundred years.

That didn't take long for that to come up

"OH MY GOD! lots of innocent kids just got shot!"

"Yeah but we better keep the guns in-case the government goes tyrannical on 300 million people..."

"But what about all these shootings going on?"

"Didnt you hear what I said? TYRANNICAL!"

"Really in this day and age?"

"Yes! Its unlikely though but wouldn't you rather see kids killed just in-case?"

"Yeah I suppose... my bad"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Like our Military's you mean?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What do you mean by *instant* death...that's a bit far fetched...don't you think....

Des

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
But 'why are guns bad'???

Not why you need you need them for your fanatical insane beliefs...

Do you have any comments about why guns or gun ownership is bad and some limits on ownership or power of guns?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Like our Military's you mean?

If the military is NOT doing anything to protect their country, and killing innocent people,,,,,,,then yes I would say that the weapons being used and the purposes they are being used for are wrong! Happy?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
You idiot. Assault rifles are used in shootings extremely rairly. Pistols are the number one weapon used in shootings.

Agree.

They are also much lighter, more portable, and easy to conceal. Why any criminal would want to use an "assault" rifle for a crime is beyond me. (I've always laughed at that phase "assault rifle"
)

The only reason you see them used in the school shootings is because kids are idiots and they think cooler looking gun = better.

To be honest if the apocalypse ever came and i had to protect myself, and i had to take the choice of 2 "assault rifles"or 12 handguns (weight equivalent) I'd take the handguns.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
What do you mean by *instant* death...that's a bit far fetched...don't you think....

Des

No. Because it can.

Would you say a gun with 10-20 rounds in the wrong hands was more dangerous than a knife in the wrong hands?
edit on 12-1-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

link   
well according to the people who want to ban them, guns kill people.

really guns are a good thing, i can not see any thing bad about them. well if a irresponsible person has one that could be a bad thing, but in general they are what made this country what it is today. if we lose our gun rights or get it reduced down to owning single shot guns like a black powder or a bolt action gun i think it would spell doom for our way of life. with a government like a over bearing parent trying to put there foot in to every aspect of our life and take away what little rights we have left. something needs to be done and it needs to change around soon

so GUNS are

link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

???? I didn't know that assault rifles were around in 1776.

link   

What I find fanatical is you equating a gun with *instant* death...fear much????

Des

link   
reply to post by roughycannon

People will kill people, gun ban or not, its a sad reality but its time that you accept it. If guns where banned then the good guys will be defenseless. Take your moronic one dimentional views elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Please give me reasons why guns are bad.

Guns, firearms, and other weapon systems inherently do not have an alignment.
There for they can not be bad, good or even neutral. That would fall on the one whom uses the firearm.

So, can any one give me the reason why gun users are "bad"?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But 'why are guns bad'???

Not why you need you need them for your fanatical insane beliefs...

Do you have any comments about why guns or gun ownership is bad and some limits on ownership or power of guns?

So now you want to make the thread a circlejerk for people who share your beliefs that guns are inherently evil? I don't think that's an attitude which is conducive to reasonable and constructive discourse to be honest.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Depends in where the bullet struck, and where the knife was plunged. You keep leaving out one important factor here. The human equation...

Des

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 18 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def