It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by HomerinNC

Oh, I have to ask, was it an assault bow?

Worse yet...Was it a SEMI-AUTOMATIC????

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

I don't see anything in the 2nd that encourages people to sit on their front porch with their weapons and act like they are John Rambo preparing to go righting the world's wrongs.

It's right next to the part that says you can't have 30 round clips or AR15's.

Is that just before the bit where it says you can't have surface-to-air missile launchers and accompanying shells?

However responsible you and your buds are with your weaponry, would you really want some of your less-emlightened hillbilly cousins having the right to buy such weapons?

Freedom comes with inherent risks.

You can't have one without the other.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I know I'm weighing in late, but ala John Cleese: if it's more than
five to a hand, does the perp's produce classify as a multiple warhead
banana? They can come after my large blunt instrument and LRAD
devices anytime they please, but bring a good supply of Dave Clark
muffs: I play loud and fast.
I mean PLEASE, Beez. They're going after exactly the wrong peeps
here. The BATFE should be profiling the classical paranoids
attempting to rewrite the Constitution on the fly. And no, I don't have
an advanced degree in psychology: I wouldn't want to go through life
with that magnitude of social stigma permanently attached.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
A little suggestion concerning some things I see being said on the gun discussions:

Save these things for u2u or in person. The biggest enemy of some folks here are their own mouths.

I love you! Any clones of you running around?

People should learn that loose lips sink ships!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Americans, That's right Americans, the one with the 2nd Amendment. What do you all have there in your country? From what I know, about three cameras for each person. And zero ways to protect yourselves from violent crime. Or your Government. Serf staus is where you all are headed. An armed populace are citizens, and un-armed populace are subjects. It's so damn good to be a citizen who can and will protect his self & family. Yea, Americans the ones that bailed you alls arse out of that little thing called ww2. If not for Americans you all would be eating bratwurst and driving damn VW's. Get over yourselves allready.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

It;s a conspiracy theory website. Get freaking real allready. No body gives a fat rats arse what's said ANONYMOUSLY on this or any other website, TPTB aint gonna come busting in at a moments notice. Loose lips sink ships, yea they do when your at sea.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I don't see anything in the 2nd that encourages people to sit on their front porch with their weapons and act like they are John Rambo preparing to go righting the world's wrongs.

It's right next to the part that says you can't have 30 round clips or AR15's.

Is that just before the bit where it says you can't have surface-to-air missile launchers and accompanying shells?

However responsible you and your buds are with your weaponry, would you really want some of your less-emlightened hillbilly cousins having the right to buy such weapons?

Freedom comes with inherent risks.

You can't have one without the other.

It can't be stated any more simple then this.....Yes, horrible things are going to happen, horrible people will do horrible things regardless of what we "ban" or make "illegal". People should stop reacting and start being proactive......why are people doing these horrible things, until that is addressed nothing is going to change.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Correct me if i am wrong, but the chinese rulers refuse the peasants to own any type of weapon and that is how they invented all the unarmed fighting skills. Same thing in Japan. Kung Fu, Karate, et al.

Nunchaku (sticks) even began as a wheat threshing tool if I am not mistaken. Lethal at close range.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet the OP is a scary looking dude who just wanted to piss a bunch of people off. You aren't supposed to play with weapons outside. Were you going to shoot a deer in the street?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

More than one moral, with the next being:

Don't trust your neighbors.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by YapTalk

It;s a conspiracy theory website. Get freaking real allready. No body gives a fat rats arse what's said ANONYMOUSLY on this or any other website, TPTB aint gonna come busting in at a moments notice. Loose lips sink ships, yea they do when your at sea.

Which is why people keep getting busted for their Facebook postings like this dumb kid:

Busted for DUI after posting it on Facebook

Or Youtube

Girl BUSTED for robbery after YouTube Posting

Or what the police themselves say

Police turn to social media to fight crime

and hundreds more...

So why don't you get real yourself and finally see that posting online is no longer anonymous. Not even on ATS whose owners have to turn all of your information including IP addresses if they are hit with a warrant!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

When I was 5 a crossbow bolt landed 2 feet away from me while I was chilling in my kiddie pool. My mom called the cops right away, turn out it was the second neighbor that was shooting at birds. Moral of the story, it's a WEAPON and it KILLS.

If I see a neighbor with a crossbow I'll tell him to put it away, if he doesn't then I'm calling the cops.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You know its a sad day when crap like that happens. I feel for you bro. I know I would be pissed off bad. This is just an over reactive 9/11 operator and stupid cops. If you had the money I would sue them because that is the only way they stop crap like this. Your rights were violated pure and simple. I guess its to hard for the stupid cops to call you and see what your doing or just stop by and look.

Yet around here I hear gun shots go off all the time thanks to a bad group moving into the neighborhood next to mine. When you call the police they will maybe come out and do a drive by. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry

When I was 5 a crossbow bolt landed 2 feet away from me while I was chilling in my kiddie pool. My mom called the cops right away, turn out it was the second neighbor that was shooting at birds. Moral of the story, it's a WEAPON and it KILLS.

If I see a neighbor with a crossbow I'll tell him to put it away, if he doesn't then I'm calling the cops.

If that person is not shooting anything then what dam right to do have to interfere with his? Grow up and stop being a puss is the moral to the story.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by YapTalk

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.
To be fair, I would vote for any law that would allow someone who's no longer on probation to take some kind of test where the felon can prove he has learned from his mistakes and can handle such a thing in a responsible manner.

Shall NOT be infringed... When are you people going to get that through your thick heads.

It does not say: If you are a law abiding citizen, nor if you have never been convicted of a crime nor, if you had an argument with a family member and plead out to misdemeanor battery you CAN'T have weapons.

It says, IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Period, end of story.

What about if the man was convicted of a felony for any of the following reasons

1. Driving with a suspended license (3rd offense is a felony)
2. Petting a sea turtle... yup, a felony
3. Riding a Manatee... this one is a felony too
4. Fed a gator? Felony charge
5. Did not pay child support? This too can be a felony charge...
6. Ran from the police because he feared for his life? An other felony
7. Paid with a check and did not have enough money in the bank because his boss paid him late... felony

So you are saying this man cannot protect himself / his family from a tyrannical .gov or criminals?
edit on 12-1-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

If the OP was riding a Manatee then for sure he deserved to be punished (unless the manatee liked it and then that's OK).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry

There is a difference between waxing a string and shooting, my arrows and bolts were inside the house, the only thing outside with me was my tube of wax, assorted Allen wrenches and a rag.
If you were my neighbor I would have told you to stuff it, I'm not doing anything wrong or illegal

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darrell41653

Worse yet...Was it a SEMI-AUTOMATIC????

Lol they fire as fast as I can load it, the last time I timed myself, it took me about 8 seconds to load and fire the crossbow, about the same for my bow

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by White Locust

First off you don't PLAY with weapons. That's your mistake if YOU play with yours. He said hhe was cleaning and maintaining it. And just where the hell do we play with our weapons other than outside. And I know of no law that says a man can't clean a damn weapon on his on porch....... Or yard or any where else on his property. Homer, a word of advice, good privacy fence , makes for good neighbors. Also, you can request a recording of the 911 call that sent LE to your home. You have to do it in writing, but that's public information available to the all of us.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Doesn't matter bro, I'm moving on the first of Febuary, back into the country, same county but where I don't get harassed, I used to live where I'm going to before, and my landlord shoots all the time, and has no problem with me cleaning my stuff outside OR setting up a target next to my trailer and firing away

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Well there we have have it. I for one aint stupid enough to have a Face Crack page or a YouTube channel. being anonymous on ATS is about as far as I go. I'm sure there's a hot bed of illegal activity being discussed here on ATS and TPTB are monitering it as we read and write these words. NOT!! Loose lips sink ships, mis-informed minds also de-rail threads.
edit on 13-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join