It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm afraid they will have a big problem if they come for my compound bow and my crossbow. That's because I will still have all my firearms.

I refuse to register, pay a tax or turn anything in no matter what law they pass....period!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

You sir, win the prize!!!
That was the point, all this fear mongering is really scary

By the way, the prize is a dozen of Beezer's famous raisin cookies

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Flagged-- because people need to see this and realize how bad it's become.

Originally posted by YapTalk

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.
To be fair, I would vote for any law that would allow someone who's no longer on probation to take some kind of test where the felon can prove he has learned from his mistakes and can handle such a thing in a responsible manner.

Shall NOT be infringed... When are you people going to get that through your thick heads.

It does not say: If you are a law abiding citizen, nor if you have never been convicted of a crime nor, if you had an argument with a family member and plead out to misdemeanor battery you CAN'T have weapons.

It says, IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Period, end of story.

What about if the man was convicted of a felony for any of the following reasons

1. Driving with a suspended license (3rd offense is a felony)
2. Petting a sea turtle... yup, a felony
3. Riding a Manatee... this one is a felony too
4. Fed a gator? Felony charge
5. Did not pay child support? This too can be a felony charge...
6. Ran from the police because he feared for his life? An other felony
7. Paid with a check and did not have enough money in the bank because his boss paid him late... felony

So you are saying this man cannot protect himself / his family from a tyrannical .gov or criminals?
edit on 12-1-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

I agree with yap and disagree with hippie 110%. And no, I am not a felon, violent or otherwise.

And I don't think you can make a "well things were different then" argument in this case as people use with weapon-types. There were criminals back then. There were violent jerks back then. There were crazy people back then (though in those days they tended to call it "possessed"
) and the founding fathers did not put limitations on our right to bear arms.

And I disagree with the felon thing on a number of counts:

1- Not all felons are violent. In fact, with some of our dumber "victimless crime" laws, there are quite a lot of "non violent" felons out there.

2- "They" like to use the "felons shouldn't own weapons" line as just another way to disarm the public. This ruse has gone on long enough.

3- I will concede that maybe there should be an exception only in cases where the person is a repeat violent offender, and a claim of self-defense can not be made. But understand that in today's legal climate, in many places if you are attacked and defend yourself, you can be charged with, and often convicted of a violent felony.... even if it was truly self defense.

OP-- I hope you (using a legal method) put up a big stink and collect some badges as trophies over this one. Sounds to me like a few over-zealous, traitorous cops need to get a taste of the unemployment line.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are saying. People are so scared to death. We have open carry here in Ohio and if i decided to walk down the street with my side arm on, they would probably call the swat team. The thing is, when people call in to "complain" of someone having a weapon...the dispatcher needs to ask the right questions to deem if the person is doing anything wrong. Just sitting on your porch cleaning a weapon is not illegal....pointing it at your neighbor is illegal with or without intent....theres a difference.
People need to start fighting back when this # happens. Sue the PD for harassment or trespassing or just sue for invasion of privacy, they had no right to come onto your property unless a crime was being witnessed. Even if you dont win, it will still send a message to the PD and others that it wont be tolerated!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Where I live it is completely legal for me to shoot my gun all I want. However, my neighborhood is infested with soccer moms and other garbage that call the cops every time I shoot more than 5 rounds. If I choose to exercise my right to target practice I have to deal with the pigs every time. It is wrong and I hate it, but people are so stupid these days I wonder why we don't hear of legions dying from forgetting to breathe.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It seems farfetched but they are weapons and once the firearms are gone they could come after the "arms" that are left. Thanks for sharing your story. Personally if I was a cop in body armor I would be more afraid of a single shot, high powered crossbow pointed at my center mass than a 22lr MP5 replica with a 30 round clip (the crossbow bolt being able to penetrate body armor).
edit on 12-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Oh, I have to ask, was it an assault bow?

By the link he provided, it looks CAMOUFLAGED!!

So yes. Yes it is an assault bow...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

This has nothing to do whether or not I'm a felon, the point is sheeple flip out every damn time they see a gun or soethingbpointy, the LEOs didn't know I was a felon til they ran me

Your logic is flawed, and your opinion based upon baseless assumptions.

You stated that you were infront of your house so it is only logical to assume they ran your address. Most likely a neighbour who knows you are a convicted criminal called them. Your claim they "came at you" with their sidearms drawn, only because you were peacefully sitting in your own garden repairing a bow is based on no substantiated facts whatsoever.

Furthermore, since you did not even elaborate on the possibly non-violent nature of the crimes you committed, it is safe to assume they were in fact the opposite.
edit on 12-1-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

How so?

You stated that you were infront of your house so it is only logical to assume they ran your address. Most likely a neighbour who knows you are a convicted criminal called them.

How would they know? I don't talk to my neighbors, so they wouldn't know anything about me.

Your claim they "came at you" with their sidearms drawn, only because you were peacefully sitting in your own garden repairing a bow is based on no substantiated facts whatsoever.

Irregardless, I wasn't handling my stuff when they pulled up, I was smoking a cig

Furthermore, since you did not even elaborate on the possibly non-violent nature of the crimes you committed, it is safe to assume they were in fact the opposite.

Again, how is that revlelant to the discussion?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

Originally posted by HomerinNC

This has nothing to do whether or not I'm a felon, the point is sheeple flip out every damn time they see a gun or soethingbpointy, the LEOs didn't know I was a felon til they ran me

You stated that you were infront of your house so it is only logical to assume they ran your address. Most likely a neighbour who knows you are a convicted criminal called them. Your claim they "came at you" with their sidearms drawn, only because you were peacefully sitting in your own garden repairing a bow is based on no substantiated facts whatsoever.

Yet our most sacred document still says... SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. That is the law.

As a felon, home still has the right to bear arms (as long as he does not use those arms to infringe on any other people's rights)

You see Hippie, Rights are inalienable, cannot be taken away not given away by the individual. One of those inalienable rights is the right to bear arms. This is a right that is enumerated in the constitution of this great country and that means that no Hippie can take them away. Period!

Since you like to label people "criminals" etc, Hippie why don't you start from tomorrow on counting how many times a day YOU break the law for a week.

Ever speed? You're a criminal... just haven't gotten caught
Ever had an argument with a family member, former love interest etc? You're a criminal... just haven't gotten caught
Ever ran a red light by mistake? Criminal...just haven't gotten caught
Ever smoked a doobie as most hippies do? Criminal!... just haven't gotten caught
Ever said something about someone that was not true? Criminal... just haven't gotten caught
Ever drink when you were underage? Criminal!... just haven't gotten caught
Ever told someone "Imma kill you!" in heated argument even if you both knew you really won't kill them? Criminal!
Ever moved and took you more than 30 days to inform DMV? Criminal!... just haven't gotten caught

As you can see, it is very easy to break the "law" in this country, you just haven't been caught.

I invite you to read my reply to you in the first page and answer it since you so conveniently skipped through it...

To Homer:

Wanna drive the piggies crazy?

Get one of these (that are not considered firearms legally) and you can buy them right online and have them shipped via UPS right to your home since they are NOT firearms)

Watch Hippie have a coronary!

Legally NOT a Firearm

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
In Calif a felon may or may not own a bow or cross bow. it depends on if they add them to the prohibited list at the time of conviction.

Someone convicted of a felony crime with a bow or cross bow can not own a bow or cross bow.
most of these are fish and game law felony's
They may also add a prohibition to someone that commits a gun crime that owns a number of bows and/or crossbows
And someone that commits domestic abuse crimes that is already a felon and owns bows or crossbows.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

got one better: got an airsoft rifle that looks like an M4 platform

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a felon with nervous neighbors

who would think it ?

tell us the whole story

tell us the whole rap sheet, and your relationship with your neighbors

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

I laughed my ass off reading your post...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by YapTalk

I laughed my ass off reading your post...

Glad to make your Saturday night!

2nd amendment is just like a 2nd line - Unshakeable!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have little doubt. In Scotland it is illegal to carry a knife, even to go camping. In the US there is an organization of doctors that are trying to have kitchen knives prohibited. In Alberta, as of two months ago, it is now illegal to purchase a bullet proof vest.
edit on 12-1-2013 by dainoyfb because: another stupid law is coming to a location near you and you aren't doing anything about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This thread title is completely right.

They have done it in Australia a few years later they banned Crossbows.

Hope they never take your guns away.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Oh, I have to ask, was it an assault bow?

Do you have a high-capacity quiver? Is it an AUTOMATIC bow??

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Seems that some have missed the point. Homer was outside doing nothing more than doing some basic bow maintainence and worried neighbors call the cops.

Seems people are missing the other HUGE point: That Homer was, apparently (?), on his own freaking property!!!! I mean, i some ignorant neighbor calls 911 and says "my neighbor, who is a FELON, is outside with a weapon..." Sounds like a busybody neighbor with a grudge..

But dude is IN HIS OWN YARD. THAT is what is so messed up.

I'd like to say i would say say screw you to cops who roll up guns drawn while i am on my own property not breaking a law with a weapon, but...I would probably do they same (lay down and "comply" lest i get shot), but crap like that really pisses me off. Lay down and put my face in the dirt? Screw you (as i do it). :/

First they tell me I can't have them because I am a felon. Wrong!! I am legally allowed to posess these,

Are you or are you not a felon? Or is your "wrong" comment simply because they mistakenly say you can't own a freakin crossbow?

All those jerks need a lesson in Law.

In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.

Define "deadly weapon." Does it include a freakin rock? That *can* kill from a distance. So can a knife, if thrown. What about a heavy object, like a ball bearing. What about a FIST?

See where this is going?

I think the law specifies FIREARMS for a reason (not saying i agree, but just saying).

Final note: Just hearing that cops roll up on you on your own property guns drawn and wanting to mess with you just really angers me for the simple fact that you are on your own property not committing a crime. But, IF you are a felon, and a neighbor was being a jerk, i can *kinda* see the cops' reaction, not knowing, when they first arrive, what the weapon is or if you might have a gun next to you or something.

Still doesn't excuse it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I have little doubt. In Scotland it is illegal to carry a knife, even to go camping. ]

Are you serious? That's messed up.

I guess when you buy steak knives if you open them before you get home you're breaking a law? Or are you breaking them by carrying them home?

I have heard of laws life that. It's legal to buy X product, but illegal to possess and/or transport it. How does one get it home??

This stuff is getting ridiculously out of hand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join